PDA

View Full Version : AAA Norfolk

Dave P
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Has anyone noticed we have basically nobody at Norfolk? We have a bunch of guys in their 30's and thentwo shotstops who cant hit in the majors and hayden penn who will never be much in my mind. i thought he'd be great but he cant get past injuries and when he does he doesnt show up. i dont know if hitting is raelly that much better in AAA but our pitching staff is either old and somewhat effective, or young and not impressive. our best prospects are all at AA Bowie and it seems like AAA is just filled with a bunch of guys who can provide a 4.75 era in the majors or hit .210

douglyMichael
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Has anyone noticed we have basically nobody at Norfolk? We have a bunch of guys in their 30's and thentwo shotstops who cant hit in the majors and hayden penn who will never be much in my mind. i thought he'd be great but he cant get past injuries and when he does he doesnt show up. i dont know if hitting is raelly that much better in AAA but our pitching staff is either old and somewhat effective, or young and not impressive. our best prospects are all at AA Bowie and it seems like AAA is just filled with a bunch of guys who can provide a 4.75 era in the majors or hit .210

our best guys are in A or AA. no worries. wieters is only now playing in AA and will certainly be up in the bigs next season with a few others im sure.

Dave P
07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
ya ia agree, i've been following wieters all year. it just seems odd that our AAA team really no longer has any good pitching prospects since penn either gets hurt or sucks all the time. Our best AAA players are both 3B/1B who have averages at about .250, its time to move a few AAA pitchers/hitters up

Driven
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
A lot of talent these days skips AAA. Reimold should be called up to Norfolk soon though.