PDA

View Full Version : Murray buy out??

BleedGold08
07-01-2008, 08:49 AM
When is this going to happen??? Better question is are they going to buy him out?? Hossa talks start today i think (maybe tomorrow) and we cannot afford him if we still have Murray

I know they got an extension but i figured i would have been done already to free up money for a bid at Hossa....

i am bob
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Glen Murray was not bought out by Monday's deadline.

However, the Bruins can re-explore their buyout options for 48 hours after an arbitration settlement. Defenseman Dennis Wideman has elected for arbitration, but could be signed to a contract anytime prior to the arbitration hearing, which isn't scheduled yet. The Bruins will likely use that window to evaluate their salary structure, meaning that Murray could very well be bought out sometime in late July or early August.

Rotoworld

Lord Byron 34
07-03-2008, 12:08 AM
The other option is sending him down to Providence. The Bruins would still have to pay him (making this idea unlikely), but he wouldnt count against the cap.

Does anyone know if Murray could decline a demotion to the minors, similar to the way they do it in baseball, and instead be granted his release?

The Bruins have to do something, right now they are reportedly over the cap.

AngusYoungRocks
07-03-2008, 07:19 AM
the bruins got plenty of time, they will probably wait until the last minute to see if anybody will take him, or if they can get under the cap with some other trades. And on August 6th or August 8th they will buy him out. They will not send him the minors, the Bruins have too much respect for Muzz to do that.

Ragun
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Why do you guys want to buy him out? He is still a solid player. Is it his contract?

homie564
07-03-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah hes due 4 mill this year

Shaiza
07-03-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah hes due 4 mill this year

:speechless:

AngusYoungRocks
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Why do you guys want to buy him out? He is still a solid player. Is it his contract?

Murray isn't a solid player any more. have you seen him skate? Terry O'Reily is a better skater than Murray. you cant even put him on the third line as a checker because he doesn't even have the balance to lay a solid check, he always stumbles.
Dont get me wrong i like Muzz, but it is time for him to take off the skates

Congrats Muzz to a great carrier:clap:

abourne13
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I just want Murray to bounce back this season and prove everyone wrong, including myself. I would like to see him traded as long as we get something helpful in return, but if not, then I say keep him and see if he can prove himself for one last year.

AngusYoungRocks
07-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I just want Murray to bounce back this season and prove everyone wrong, including myself. I would like to see him traded as long as we get something helpful in return, but if not, then I say keep him and see if he can prove himself for one last year.

ya, but if we do that we only have 2.3mil to resign Wideman and it is going to take more than that. And even if Wideman signs for less the Bruins will not have enough money to make any other moves.

And Murray is still going to suck, he cant keep up with the game anymore.

Shaiza
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
ya, but if we do that we only have 2.3mil to resign Wideman and it is going to take more than that. And even if Wideman signs for less the Bruins will not have enough money to make any other moves.

And Murray is still going to suck, he cant keep up with the game anymore.

We have more than 2.3 million to sign Wideman. Almost every team in the league has a bonus cushion that allows 1~2 million in average for cushion. However, even with that, we probably can't make any other moves, unless the buyout of Murray happens, along with a few trades. But this team isn't bad right now, not cup material, but definitely top 8 in the east material imo (considering Fernandez plays like he is supposed to).

BleedGold08
07-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I still dont see the Bruins signing Wideman...I could be wrong though

AngusYoungRocks
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
We have more than 2.3 million to sign Wideman. Almost every team in the league has a bonus cushion that allows 1~2 million in average for cushion. However, even with that, we probably can't make any other moves, unless the buyout of Murray happens, along with a few trades. But this team isn't bad right now, not cup material, but definitely top 8 in the east material imo (considering Fernandez plays like he is supposed to).

ya, but thats only during the summer. Once the season rolls around all the teams have to be under the cap.

ny sucks
07-08-2008, 02:31 AM

I am in the "keep Murray camp" a very small one. People fail to realize that he could barely put his skae on last year, he had a messed up ankle. He still scored close to 20 goals. Coming back healthy i have NO doubts that he will score 25+ goals,

Bruins37
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Im in the bigger, "Buy Murry out NOW" and "Trade Murry NOW" camp

Really he has had a good run with the bruins, he is just to old and to slow now, he cant keep up with the game

ny sucks
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe he was slow because his foot was the size of your head?

Bruins37
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I think Murrys contract is to big, and we could get 2 players that is just as good as Murray with that kind of money.
But then again mbaye he is a great guy to have in the locker room, good for the chemistry, still 4.15 is much for a guy who is "great" in the locker room.

Shaiza
07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
guys let's not close a great thread because of a ***** fight.

Bruins37
07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
yes that was not necessary.
apologize and edit my comment

BostonFan 53
07-13-2008, 09:15 PM
While we obviously hve differnt takes on Murray and you don't realize that when a player is hurt, they usually can't play at their best. And when a Hockey player has to knumb his foot before every game just to stuff it into a modified widend skate they probably won't be able to skate as fast.

Murray is coming back healthy and WILL score 25 or more goals. He will NOT be bought out or traded as he will not lose us games, and will only help us.

I had season tickets and sat right by the B's bench....Guess who the Players, Refs, and EVEN THE COACHs wen't to, to talk about a call or for advice/mentoring......I'll give you one guess.

Shaiza
07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
While we obviously hve differnt takes on Murray and you don't realize that when a player is hurt, they usually can't play at their best. And when a Hockey player has to knumb his foot before every game just to stuff it into a modified widend skate they probably won't be able to skate as fast.

Murray is coming back healthy and WILL score 25 or more goals. He will NOT be bought out or traded as he will not lose us games, and will only help us.

I had season tickets and sat right by the B's bench....Guess who the Players, Refs, and EVEN THE COACHs wen't to, to talk about a call or for advice/mentoring......I'll give you one guess.

There is no doubt Murray is a veteran guy that people look up to. He is a smart player. It's his style of game that won't work here anymore. I'm sure when he is healthy he will perform fine, but there is no guarantee of his health because of his age. If anyone is matched up with Savard with a scoring touch like Murray's, then they can score 25+. I think we all can agree that that 4.1 million can be spent on a much younger yet better player than Murray. By all means, I am not saying he is a bad player, he is just not worth that money.

Shaiza
07-13-2008, 11:17 PM

I think Manny and Murray are as good as gone. As much as Glen has meant to the franchise over the years, he needs to go before he ruins his body.

Manny, i really do not like as a goalie. I think we gave up way too much, and he probably killed our chance of signing Hossa this year.

Axe really can still play. He is a top PKer in the leauge and can pot 10-12 goals on the third line. He still has a few years in him.

You're heavily contradicting yourself there.

BostonFan 53
07-13-2008, 11:30 PM
You're heavily contradicting yourself there.

Next season there gone....
If they were bothe gonna be gone they'd be gone already, do some research before you try to make me look dumb...

BostonFan 53
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
There is no doubt Murray is a veteran guy that people look up to. He is a smart player. It's his style of game that won't work here anymore. I'm sure when he is healthy he will perform fine, but there is no guarantee of his health because of his age. If anyone is matched up with Savard with a scoring touch like Murray's, then they can score 25+. I think we all can agree that that 4.1 million can be spent on a much younger yet better player than Murray. By all means, I am not saying he is a bad player, he is just not worth that money.

Who is worth the money? Michael Ryder just got 4 mil and he will put up stats that Murray did this past season....probably just slightly better.

Shaiza
07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Who is worth the money? Michael Ryder just got 4 mil and he will put up stats that Murray did this past season....probably just slightly better.

Oh I'm sorry, there were great free agents that were worth 4 mil. Demitra, Rolston, hell even combine the money we spent for Ryder, we could've even landed Redden/Campbell. You can't defend Murray. I already tried that. Injuries are good excuses, but it's obvious he's been showing his age on the ice.
And I'm not trying to make you look dumb, you were heavily contradicting yourself.

BostonFan 53
07-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh I'm sorry, there were great free agents that were worth 4 mil. Demitra, Rolston, hell even combine the money we spent for Ryder, we could've even landed Redden/Campbell. You can't defend Murray. I already tried that. Injuries are good excuses, but it's obvious he's been showing his age on the ice.
And I'm not trying to make you look dumb, you were heavily contradicting yourself.

Signing a FA was really not neccassary to make the team better....

I don't understand how i "heavily contradicted" myself if i said they were as good as gone NEXT YEAR WHEN THEIR CONTRACTS ARE UP...

Shaiza
07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Next season there gone....
If they were bothe gonna be gone they'd be gone already, do some research before you try to make me look dumb...

:eyebrow:

BostonFan 53
07-14-2008, 12:13 AM
:eyebrow:
You said

I wouldn't call it a disappointment.
Chiarelli re-signed key young players. And added some. I know we didn't sign any superstars, but there are always a good amount of stars every offseason. Next year, Hossa is available again. Although I don't like talking about next season, we do have Manny, Timmy, Murray, and Axe coming off the books. We will see what kind of direction this team will go really next year.
I respond with:

I think Manny and Murray are as good as gone. As much as Glen has meant to the franchise over the years, he needs to go before he ruins his body.

Manny, i really do not like as a goalie. I think we gave up way too much, and he probably killed our chance of signing Hossa this year.

Axe really can still play. He is a top PKer in the leauge and can pot 10-12 goals on the third line. He still has a few years in him.
Now if i were talking about this season, why would Ake's name come up?
You brought up NEXT YEAR and i continued to tell my opinion on who i think will be gone.

Is it that hard to get?