PDA

View Full Version : Deserving Non-Allstars this year

quade36
07-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Who do you think will not make the allstar team this year, but should?

The allstar game is a popularity contest hence we see the leading vote getters all red sox and yankee players.

My two names are homer picks. I don't think Carlos Quentin and Jermaine Dye with make the allstar team but both should.

Non homer picks

Hanley Ramirez, George Sherrill, Nate McLouth, Ervin Santana, Carlos Lee, Ben Sheets, Christian Guzman.

Dcup
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
quentin will make the all star game

redwhitenblue
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Quade, you're talking about being voted in, but all those guys will likely be on the team when the coaches choose except Guzman and maybe Lee or Sheets

dchalphen
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Quentin, Lee, Santana, McLouth, Guzman, Bradley

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
McClouth, Bradley, Quentin, Derek Lee, will make it. Pitchers are picked by the managers.

JHG722
07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Guzman should make it to represent the Nats.

ugafan
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Guzman will make it to represent the Nats.

Fixed. The stupid rule about every team have a representative shafts someone every year. The Nationals have no super deserving players, it's either going to be Guzman or Rauch.

JHG722
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Fixed. The stupid rule about every team have a representative shafts someone every year. The Nationals have no super deserving players, it's either going to be Guzman or Rauch.

Rauch is pitching solid though. Obviously he'd make it over someone more deserving, but it could be worse.

THE_FLASH_21
07-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Ben Sheets, Jair Jurrjens, Nate Mclouth,

BostonPothead
07-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Nate McLouth, HE BETTER MAKE IT...who else from the pirates will, Nady?? Nasty Nate BEST make it, maybe coachs pick

JHG722
07-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Nate McLouth, HE BETTER MAKE IT...who else from the pirates will, Nady?? Nasty Nate BEST make it, maybe coachs pick

Nady isn't exactly undeserving...Also, Doumit is raking.

ugafan
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Doumit has silently been one of the best catchers in baseball. Better than Soto, and better than Molina, you could even make a case for better than McCann. If he had played more games, and a Pirates fan existed, he would be talked about as much as Molina. But he is as deserving as any catcher. I got him on my re-draft team late too :)

JHG722
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Doumit has silently been one of the best catchers in baseball. Better than Soto, and better than Molina, you could even make a case for better than McCann. If he had played more games, and a Pirates fan existed, he would be talked about as much as Molina. But he is as deserving as any catcher. I got him on my re-draft team late too :)

Some ****** (:P) dropped him in the PSD league, and I promptly dropped Tek for him. The dude hits doubles like they're nothing.

SuperSnake428
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
The biggest missing person is Adrian Gonzalez but he gets no love.

Currently 4th in NL homeruns, tied for 1st in RBI's (on a ****ty team....) His name doesn't even appear in the top 4!

ugafan
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Some ****** (:P) dropped him in the PSD league, and I promptly dropped Tek for him. The dude hits doubles like they're nothing.

In my fantasy league I dropped him when he got injured and picked up Molina and forgot to pick him back up. He was picked up by the last place team which is now second:pity: I'm first though:dance:
It's not a ***** league either, it's a yahoo winners league, meaning you have to had won a league the year before.

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Mother ****, Quentin should be starting in this damn game. He should be staring over Manny, and honestly, there are better players than the guys on the east coast and Im tired of it...

quade36
07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Quade, you're talking about being voted in, but all those guys will likely be on the team when the coaches choose except Guzman and maybe Lee or Sheets

Actually this is making the team. I think Jenks will be the lone White Sox representative. Maybe AJ, but there are so many good OF in the AL. I just don't see Quentin making it unless he is the 30th man pick.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Patt Burrell, Mclouth, Quentin, Gonzalez.

ShinobiNYC
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Johnny Damon has the numbers but something tells me he won't be in it.

Brendan
07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
The Orioles will only have 1 player make it because all Sox and Yanks are being voted in, when they should have Brian Roberts, Nick Markakis, and Aubrey Huff all make it

PHILLYeagles5
07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
PAT the bat BURRELL and Nate Mclouth

kevin98189
07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
aaron rowand, randy winn and possibly bengi molina.

DieHardColtsfan
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Ryan Ludwick!

MLB_FANATIC_99
07-01-2008, 02:03 PM
nate mcclouth
ryan dempster
ryan ludwick
pat burrell
ryan theriot

player that will make it that shouldnt....

david wright
ken griffey jr

nathirish
07-01-2008, 02:21 PM
kinsler over pedroia
braun/mclouth over griffey/soriano

scottythegreat1
07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Tough to say...Adam Dunn doesnt get any love, he should have went last year....but didnt. With the Tampa Bay Rays first in the AL East, there are quite a few players on there that probably should be going. Same with the Florida Marlins.

It is tough to say who will be going outside of the popular players, as the players that vote do actually have half a brain, unlike all the homers out there. Theres enough Yankees and Red Sox players going that its unbelievable, but than again, when one team is the host and the other won the world series, its tough to make a decision not to go with them.

redwhitenblue
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Actually this is making the team. I think Jenks will be the lone White Sox representative. Maybe AJ, but there are so many good OF in the AL. I just don't see Quentin making it unless he is the 30th man pick.
You're insane if you think the AL manager won't pick Quentin

pickitchewit
07-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Adrian Gonzalez - Padres

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Nate McLouth without a doubt.

Scheck
07-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I think that Adrian Gonzalez deserves more attention

quade36
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
You're insane if you think the AL manager won't pick Quentin

AL OF locks

Ramirez, Hamilton, Suzuki, Guerrero, Bradley, Sizemore

Thats six OF already. Assuming there will be 8. He is battling Ordonez, Crawford, Dye, Damen, Jose Guillen or Dejesus, Markakis, and Drew.

Now Markakis is probably a shoe in because who else from Baltimore will be put on the team. That makes 7. Jose Guillen and Dejesus are interesting because either them or Grienke will make it for KC. Grienke has cooled down after that hot start. It is in NY so you could see Damen being selected especially with all the red sox making the team. Plus, Dye is having just as good if not a better season then Quentin on the Sox. So call me insane, but I see a manager not putting him on the team.

I thought about it and Guerrero may not be a lock. Regardless if you include the 1 rep per team quota, it will be hard for him to make it.

Tragedy
07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Mother ****, Quentin should be starting in this damn game. He should be staring over Manny, and honestly, there are better players than the guys on the east coast and Im tired of it...
Manny could always pull his "My grammy died" routine. He went to the ASG last year (I believe), but maybe he'll be tired and, considering his hammy has been a problem, he'll sit out.

I'd have no issues with this, as he's not putting up better numbers than a CQ.

nme
07-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, as my homer pick I've got to say Russ Martin deserves to be in the top five at least in NL Catcher voting. Before you blast it, just take a look at his stats and consider that he is easily the MVP of his team. All that being said, he'll make it because no other Dodger is deserving.

Adrian Gonzales for sure. Dude gets no love, but like Russ I could see him making it as the only Padre.

Aaron Rowand (and I'm eating my pre-season words here Giant fans) deserves to go, but likely will not. Lincecum will def be there, so hopefully they do Rowand justice and take two Giants (I never thought I would say that).

KiLLA RAiDER
07-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Rich Harden should make it!!

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Scott Baker, the first legit answer in this thread.

goldglove212
07-02-2008, 02:08 AM
1.25 era 0-1 39k's 9bb 22svs
sounds deserving?

Joakim Soria closer from the Royals :clap:

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah, and he's going to probably make it, too....which would disqualify him from this thread.

GHGHCP
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Well, as my homer pick I've got to say Russ Martin deserves to be in the top five at least in NL Catcher voting. Before you blast it, just take a look at his stats and consider that he is easily the MVP of his team. All that being said, he'll make it because no other Dodger is deserving.

Adrian Gonzales for sure. Dude gets no love, but like Russ I could see him making it as the only Padre.

Aaron Rowand (and I'm eating my pre-season words here Giant fans) deserves to go, but likely will not. Lincecum will def be there, so hopefully they do Rowand justice and take two Giants (I never thought I would say that).

Beimel should make it imo, if it wasn't for Big Ox he would be our set up man. Just uhh, have him stay away from the bars. :D

CardzRule
07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Ryan Ludwick.
3rd in Outfield RBI, FIRST in Slugging, 3rd in Homeruns, etc...
Avg.'s dropped a bit, but he's still a better pick then, let's say, GRIFFEY.

I really dislike fan voting. It's always Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs players.

EsPnNews
07-02-2008, 10:19 AM
how is dustin p in 1st place and kinsler in 2nd i just dont get it
its like boston fans are retards or something or their just on his nuts :mad:

and talking about 1st place manny ramirez? tell me how he is in 1st place
tell me boston fans tell me and clearly theirs better outfields in al then manny
1 carlos quentin - not on list
2 jermain dye - not on list
3 josh hamilton better then manny but still in 2nd

if you boston fans read this dont be scared to answer this question

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
how is dustin p in 1st place and kinsler in 2nd i just dont get it
its like boston fans are retards or something or their just on his nuts :mad:

and talking about 1st place manny ramirez? tell me how he is in 1st place
tell me boston fans tell me and clearly theirs better outfields in al then manny
1 carlos quentin - not on list
2 jermain dye - not on list
3 josh hamilton better then manny but still in 2nd

if you boston fans read this dont be scared to answer this question because i know yall douch bags dont got s h i t to say becasue yall know im right
so go suck on big babi swollen black d i ck

yea thats what i thought p u s sy
azz boston fans
why cant yall be far for once
im just tired of this s h i t

Ironic that this kind of result comes from his own Sn's east coast bias?

EsPnNews
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
east coast biased is nothing compared to west coast
i think east coast just want to see their players play in the allstar game whether their injured or even they have a bad season
so might as well let coco crisp join the homerun derby

goldglove212
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, and he's going to probably make it, too....which would disqualify him from this thread.

i was just referring to a few posts earlier talking about whos gonna rep. the royals they said greinke or guillen but didnt mention soria

quade36
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Scott Baker, the first legit answer in this thread.

I know a lot of people here are Homers, but Scott Baker?

5-2, 3.65 ERA 57ks? Kevin Slowey is more deserving. Plus there are a ton other pitchers in the AL that are having better seasons and won't make the allstar team.

Here is a list of a few.

Mike Mussina
Gavin Floyd
Ervin Santana
Jesse Litsch
Josh Beckett
Armando Galarraga
Zach Grienke
Jon Lester
CC Sabathia
James Shields
John Danks
Shaun Marcum
Greg Smith

redwhitenblue
07-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Ryan Ludwick.
3rd in Outfield RBI, FIRST in Slugging, 3rd in Homeruns, etc...
Avg.'s dropped a bit, but he's still a better pick then, let's say, GRIFFEY.

I really dislike fan voting. It's always Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs players.
I love how because this year the Cubs are leading a lot of the categories that it's now "always the Cubs"

Go look at previous AS teams, then remove foot from mouth

chisoxfan620
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Only have one and it's a homer pick...Jermaine Dye

dodgersuck
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
BJ Upton

quade36
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I love how because this year the Cubs are leading a lot of the categories that it's now "always the Cubs"

Go look at previous AS teams, then remove foot from mouth

Chicago teams in general never really have a lot of representatives, except of course when their manager is the manager of the all star team, like when Dusty and Ozzie were.

"always" should ALWAYS be followed by red sox || yankees. There are ALWAYS at least 3 representatives from each of those teams.

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I know a lot of people here are Homers, but Scott Baker?

5-2, 3.65 ERA 57ks? Kevin Slowey is more deserving. Plus there are a ton other pitchers in the AL that are having better seasons and won't make the allstar team.

Here is a list of a few.

Mike Mussina
Gavin Floyd
Ervin Santana
Jesse Litsch
Josh Beckett
Armando Galarraga
Zach Grienke
Jon Lester
CC Sabathia
James Shields
John Danks
Shaun Marcum
Greg Smith

Nearly 5 K/BB and 7.5 K/9 certainly help his case.

quade36
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Nearly 5 K/BB and 7.5 K/9 certainly help his case.

Last I checked still quite a few of the players I named are better then Baker in that category.

Hey look I am not saying he is having a bad year, but based on the competition, definitely not an all star year.

evasiveanswers
07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Not gonna be a popular one to mention, but I think that JD Drew should be starting the game in right. He has better numbers than either of the White Sox outfielders mentioned, and is having a better year then two of the voted-in starters. But he probably won't make it on the team unless Manny opts out (which would somewhat re legitimize the AL roster, IMO)

Kenny
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
nate mcclouth
ryan dempster
ryan ludwick
pat burrell
ryan theriot

player that will make it that shouldnt....

david wright
ken griffey jr

can you please tell me why D-wright doesnt deserve it????

quade36
07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Not gonna be a popular one to mention, but I think that JD Drew should be starting the game in right. He has better numbers than either of the White Sox outfielders mentioned, and is having a better year then two of the voted-in starters. But he probably won't make it on the team unless Manny opts out (which would somewhat re legitimize the AL roster, IMO)

JD Drew #s
.302 16 HR 51 RBIs

Jermaine Dye
.301 19 HR 51 RBIs

Carlos Quentin
.280 19 HR 61 RBIs

I guess his OBP and SLG are better but you can't make a blanket statement like 'his numbers are better' Some are, some aren't. That being said if he doesn't make the All Star team you have no one to blame but your own fans and all the Manny love.

MJRiley26
07-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Who do you think will not make the allstar team this year, but should?

The allstar game is a popularity contest hence we see the leading vote getters all red sox and yankee players.

My two names are homer picks. I don't think Carlos Quentin and Jermaine Dye with make the allstar team but both should.

Non homer picks

Hanley Ramirez, George Sherrill, Nate McLouth, Ervin Santana, Carlos Lee, Ben Sheets, Christian Guzman.

Guzman will get on the roster, not because he's voted in, but because the Nats need a representative in the game, and let's face it, who else is their on that roster who is worthy of an All-Star appearance?

I see you're from Chicago, and I agree that Quentin should be an All-Star, and it would surprise me if he wasn't. You mention that the leading vote getters are Yanks and Sox, well here in the NL, the ballots are being stuffed by Cubs fans. Soriano and Fukudome will represent 2/3 of the NL's starting outfield. Fukudome, while having a fine year, would fall under the category of "will make the all-star team, but shouldn't".

homie564
07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Josh Beckett is one... is Daisuke making it... he deff deserves it... possibly even starter for the AL... Carlos Quentin... JD Drew .... Nate Mclouth deffinitely... pat burell definitely... maybe even ryan dempster