PDA

View Full Version : Posey to opt out today

khoolit_jom#8
07-01-2008, 05:10 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...to_opt_ou.html

Posey out; offer to Allen?

James Posey's agent Mark Bartelstien confirmed today that his client is not going to exercise a $3.2 million option and will officially become an unrestricted free agent.

Free agency begins Tuesday. Players can sign with new teams starting on July 8. Posey is expected to get a lot of interest from a lot of teams, but will also be the Celtics' top priority.

The Celtics are trying to decide today whether or not to make a qualifying offer to guard Tony Allen. If the Celtics decline to give him an offer, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 05:47 AM
i hope the lakers take a shot at signing him even though i dont like him but he will fill our needs at defense, plus he will most likely get another ring, he just has to take the veterans minimum but hey a ring is well worth it

SportsFan17
07-01-2008, 06:18 AM
i hope the lakers take a shot at signing him even though i dont like him but he will fill our needs at defense, plus he will most likely get another ring, he just has to take the veterans minimum but hey a ring is well worth it

If he was going to take the vets minimum, why wouldn't he have exercised his option in Boston instead?

innovator
07-01-2008, 06:47 AM
If he was going to take the vets minimum, why wouldn't he have exercised his option in Boston instead?

because thats how posey rolls:p

after he gave miami a title he left, now after he gave boston a title he left and next year when he helps kobe to win a title he will leave... and retire with 3 golden rings

khoolit_jom#8
07-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Lakers should use their MLE for him... now that ron artest is out in the market..

stawka
07-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Wherever he lands, he will lead them to the title. Always happens - a bit like Horry lol

khoolit_jom#8
07-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Wherever he lands, he will lead them to the title. Always happens - a bit like Horry lol

Yeah!! they have similarities... they're bought a terrific defender, three point clutch shooter and a lucky charm to the teams they've been..

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 07:29 AM
He will go to Houston.
:)

Joshtd1
07-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Im sure the Spurs will go after him. I can only imagine if he signs here, Spurs will be "dirtier" then ever...

stawka
07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
He will go to Houston.
:)

I'm surprised you didn't say he'll join the Bulls. We all know he's a fan favourite in Chicago :rolleyes:

Im sure the Spurs will go after him. I can only imagine if he signs here, Spurs will be "dirtier" then ever...

Why did you put the " " around the word dirtier for again? :p

marques724
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Lakers go after him and give full MLE

Strumpy
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
The Celts should do everything to keep him. He was a big reason why they won the championship.

AgentViet
07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Posey will command the full MLE at least. I hope the Raptors sign him.

Do0msday
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I would really like him to join the Nets (if they could somehow fit him in that is...). Not because I think he'll bring us a championship or anything (since the Nets are so young & need experience), but he plays the game the right way. He plays hard, he defends, and he gets the important shots when the pressure is the highest. Having that kind of player on your team can help give you a winning mentality, even if you're not exactly a championship level team.

If he goes to the Lakers then I already believe that the Lakers can be penciled in for winning the championship next year...

Corey
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Allen won't be coming back.

C's will offer the full MLE, and Posey will return. Both sides have expressed interest in a re-signing.

x_notorious
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
A lot of teams have shown interest in Posey. Good defender and scorer. Proven winner as well.

Lakers. :pray:

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
No surprise that he opted out. He probably just put up his best season of his career, and knows that he can make a lot more money on the market. I'll be surprised if the Celtics don't resign him.

He was a pivitol player on their team last season.

t mac and vick
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Please come to houston you can play tough defense and still get your shots on offense come to houston help them over the hump

BALLER71
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
He's clutch, always hits the big shot. He was great with Miami.

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Posey will command the full MLE at least. I hope the Raptors sign him.

I am a big fan of Posey. I thought they should have signed him last summer instead of Kapono, but I think our budget is too small to give Posey an offer sheet. The full MLE on Posey (he probably wouldn't even take it) would be a bit much for us right now I think - too many holes to fill.

marques724
07-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I think he resigns with the celtics or goes to the lakers

BouGa
07-01-2008, 01:41 PM
He wants a 3-5 yr deal worth around $5.8M per.

He deserves to be a starter and be payed like one, I have loved the guy since Miami but he deserves to be payed.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah!! they have similarities... they're bought a terrific defender, three point clutch shooter and a lucky charm to the teams they've been..

Hah that's true. Like what Posey did in Miami as well. Go to the Raptors!

#1Mavericksfan
07-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Come to the Mavs we could give him the full mid level exception that we still have.

kobynum2417
07-01-2008, 04:42 PM
lets go it for lakerssss