PDA

View Full Version : I think Baron is going to the Clips!!!

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 02:53 AM
It's fishy that Brand, Maggette and Baron opted out. Shaun Livingston and Pauld Davis were also made available as UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS.

They have $28 million in committed salary not including thier picks so perhaps $31-32 million. Leaving them about $35-37 million to border the luxury tax.

They can sign Brand and Baron, but probably not Maggette.

PG: Baron, Brevin Knight
SG: Gordon, Mobley
SF: Thornton, Thomas
PF: Brand, Powell
C: Kaman,

That's a solid 8 guys, iffy on Powell.

Lincoln Logs
07-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Go post this in the Clippers thread. Most of us heer are mourning the news of Baron opting out, and are not ready to accept, yet alone talk about the idea that Baron's not going to be with us next year. :(

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
It happens, we're not sure what's going to happen, but I don't dwell on things for very long. We can still resign him, but we have to be ready just in case he does sign with the Clips. I'd rather see him on the Clips than the Lakers.

A lot of people are hating on Baron, I'm not, he wants a ring and he wants to get paid. I would do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

lincecum=future
07-01-2008, 03:38 AM
I'd like to take a look at Shaun Livingston.

Baronistheman5
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
garlicboy u gotta be kidding. He wus gonna get payed about 18 million and he opted out of that. so u begin thinking true it isn't about money but then why opt out of 18 mill to sign a new deal for less money and then go to a worse team where you have a smaller chance of winning a ring? He's about as dumb off the court than he is on the court.

Bring Agent 0 back to the Bay

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
being on a team with brand and kaman, 2 big strong guys, you have a much better chance of winning than being with a team that has only one center that plays and no one strong enough to play the biggest gus in the league. I love bedrins but no one on the warrios is strong enough to match brand or kaman.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Who care's where he goes. He's gone. Much love to Baron but he's no longer a warrior. Leave agent Zero alone. Let's play the rooks this year and build through the draft. Heavy contracts like that will just handicap our team. Pay the youngsters and try to add big men. Pay Buke' and let Stack Jack take over. We ain't going anywhere anyways. We have to be smart about it. Maybe we could save some dough and make a run in free agency in 2010.

arbhieone
07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
gentlemen, that's baron being baron. he did this when he was with the hornets, he quit on them when things wern't going his way. same thing he's doing now quit on his team, didn't have the courtesy of telling his coaches and teammates. that was the concern i've always had with him since the warriors signed him. no need to dwell on this maybe we'll have the same luck that the hornet had post baron. let's go WARRIORS!!!

JLantern
07-01-2008, 11:59 AM
i agree with lincecum. livingston could be a real baller if healthy and he's that big point guard we would need the play next to monta. i'd rather have monta continue playing the 2 than move to point. he's too much of a scorer than a facilitator, and just needs a big point guard to play next to to make it work out.

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
for people feeling slight ask the hornet fans what they think of him. were gonna be ok guys.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Who care's where he goes. He's gone. Much love to Baron but he's no longer a warrior. Leave agent Zero alone. Let's play the rooks this year and build through the draft. Heavy contracts like that will just handicap our team. Pay the youngsters and try to add big men. Pay Buke' and let Stack Jack take over. We ain't going anywhere anyways. We have to be smart about it. Maybe we could save some dough and make a run in free agency in 2010.

I agree, except, if Baron goes we should also be looking to trade Jackson and Harrington.

We're not a playoff team without Baron. If in fact he does go, WE NEED TO STRIVE TO BE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE TO INCREASE OUR CHANCES OF THE #1 OVERALL PICK NEXT YEAR.

Jackson and Harrington have value, and they'll want to be traded to a contender. Trading them to the Clips in a package deal would be work perfect for both sides. Tim Thomas and Mobley have almost identical deals to Al and Jackson 2 years left and $33-34 million.

I'm already eyeing the 2009 draft. Bigmen: Griffin, Patterson, Thabeet. We draft the BPA.

2010 we'll have enough room to look to sign: Chris Bosh, Amare, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, etc...

We could be one of the most attractive teams to 2010 Free Agents.

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree, except, if Baron goes we should also be looking to trade Jackson and Harrington.

We're not a playoff team without Baron. If in fact he does go, WE NEED TO STRIVE TO BE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE TO INCREASE OUR CHANCES OF THE #1 OVERALL PICK NEXT YEAR.

Jackson and Harrington have value, and they'll want to be traded to a contender. Trading them to the Clips in a package deal would be work perfect for both sides. Tim Thomas and Mobley have almost identical deals to Al and Jackson 2 years left and $33-34 million.

I'm already eyeing the 2009 draft. Bigmen: Griffin, Patterson, Thabeet. We draft the BPA.

2010 we'll have enough room to look to sign: Chris Bosh, Amare, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, etc...

We could be one of the most attractive teams to 2010 Free Agents.

1st off do you realize how long it was that real Warriors fans had to suffer with season after season of losing and on top of that losing players who went on to be all-stars for other teams??? yup you guessed it 13 years of losing just so happens to coincide with 13 years after nelson got our hopes up, fueded with our top player webber, then took the money and ran only to return and give us the same false hope and to basically destroy this franchise again...doesnt this seem like deja vu to anyone?

your playing gm and acting like where a player or 2 away from being contenders ..no we as fans are tired of losing and dont want to sit back another 13 yrs to rebuild what many of us thought was a good team already a player away from big things...after this year nelson is gone he will take his money and run taking his coaching style with him so the batch of players we have wont work for the new coach (unless the warriors shell out $$ and get avery johnson) just like 13 years ago....jmo

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 01:50 PM
1st off do you realize how long it was that real Warriors fans had to suffer with season after season of losing and on top of that losing players who went on to be all-stars for other teams??? yup you guessed it 13 years of losing just so happens to coincide with 13 years after nelson got our hopes up, fueded with our top player webber, then took the money and ran only to return and give us the same false hope and to basically destroy this franchise again...doesnt this seem like deja vu to anyone?

your playing gm and acting like where a player or 2 away from being contenders ..no we as fans are tired of losing and dont want to sit back another 13 yrs to rebuild what many of us thought was a good team already a player away from big things...after this year nelson is gone he will take his money and run taking his coaching style with him so the batch of players we have wont work for the new coach (unless the warriors shell out $$ and get avery johnson) just like 13 years ago....jmo

I like your giants thoughts giants15 but you dont ever post here becuase if you did you know would know GBoy like me have been fans forever. Kieth Smart is the future ok. We are gonna be ok. Baron Davis leaving is not destroying the franchise lol. No one here needs a history lesson. The celtics had stored young talent, got a high draf pick and then won a chamionship with a coach who in his lag started a season by loosing 18 straight games. Yes maybe we rubild this year but we have top notch young talent. I dont really understand what your even argueing

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Thank Tmac,

I have no problem rebuilding. I'm already looking at the 2009 draft class. Blake Griffin would look great in a Dub uni.

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I like your giants thoughts giants15 but you dont ever post here becuase if you did you know would know GBoy like me have been fans forever. Kieth Smart is the future ok. We are gonna be ok. Baron Davis leaving is not destroying the franchise lol. Yes maybe we rubild this year but we have top notch young talent. I dont really understand what your even argueing

tmac i aint got no issue with your post or garlic boys thier opinions but what does it matter how often i post here compared to the other forums?? hahaha i dont post here often becuase its always dead!

(shoot i even complimented Garlicboy by saying he is the Warriors forum version of the Giants forum C1bman88.)

its hot right now cause of the b davis move and plus its gonna be the offseason so you will see my ***** allot more...believe me

btw im 33 and have been watching warriors basketball since i was 8 and was a season ticket holder in 93-94,94-95 season (thanks to my pops) so dont think im a fly by (we believe ) fan ...please

what im basically saying is im not willing to wait another 2 or 3 years to rebuild and if your old enough to remember the last time a Nelson assistant took over after he left then you would be scared in the thought of smart running the show...does the name gary st jean send chills up your spine?

smart like st jean and even donnie jr are nelsons puppets they arent Coach material ....thus is the reason you have never seen st jean coach again in the nba and why you havent seen smart who is a nba vet in the assistant coaching ranks Coach a nba team ...jmo

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
tmac i aint got no issue with your post or garlic boys thier opinions but what does it matter how often i post here compared to the other forums?? hahaha i dont post here often becuase its always dead!

(shoot i even complimented Garlicboy by saying he is the Warriors forum version of the Giants forum C1bman88.)

its hot right now cause of the b davis move and plus its gonna be the offseason so you will see my ***** allot more...believe me

btw im 33 and have been watching warriors basketball since i was 8 and was a season ticket holder in 93-94,94-95 season (thanks to my pops) so dont think im a fly by (we believe ) fan ...please

what im basically saying is im not willing to wait another 2 or 3 years to rebuild and if your old enough to remember the last time a Nelson assistant took over after he left then you would be scared in the thought of smart running the show...does the name gary st jean send chills up your spine?

smart like st jean and even donnie jr are nelsons puppets they arent Coach material ....thus is the reason you have never seen st jean coach again in the nba and why you havent seen smart who is a nba vet in the assistant coaching ranks Coach a nba team ...jmo

i wasnt saing anything about being a fly by fan but the fact typed a brief history lesson tin response to garlicboy i thought you dint know he was areal fan but whaev. Dude and just cuz he hasnt coached yet doesnt mena he ccant be a good coach. everyone thinks mark jackson will be a great coach but he still cant get job. it happens at difrent times for difrent guys. Comparing st jean and smart is compltely wrong. they arnt even close ot the same person. St Jean was our gm not a coach. competly diffrent. avery was nellies ahnd piick sucesor in dallas and you just said you wanted him. While it does suck to rebuild the reality is looks like thats whats going to happen. look at the young talent we have been loading up on. and its not a rebuilding process like most teams. it will be like the blazers. we have to much talant to jsut completly bomb. in two years will can be right back on track

kevin98189
07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3468448

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3468448

thanks for that post ...man i sure hope they pay the man in the years he wants...ts not about money its about the years he wants and the warriors are being stuburn...they wanted him to prove to them that he could do what he did last year health wise 2 years in a row before they gave him the 3 year deal.

for him to be the face and franchise of the warriors they sure do know how to make a player feel appreciated...:eyebrow:

mintfrosty
07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
thanks for that post ...man i sure hope they pay the man in the years he wants...ts not about money its about the years he wants and the warriors are being stuburn...they wanted him to prove to them that he could do what he did last year health wise 2 years in a row before they gave him the 3 year deal.

for him to be the face and franchise of the warriors they sure do know how to make a player feel appreciated...:eyebrow:

Unfortunately a year doesn't make a career. Here's three things going against Baron: 1) The amount of money he wants. Not many teams can take on the 2)He's still pretty much known around the league as a coach killer. 3) His health. Yeah he showed durability this past year, but that doesn't make up for the 5 previous years.

I kinda like the fact that he opted out. It makes the decision easier. It gives the Warriors an extreme amount of flexibility. He's trading on the fact that he was apart of a team that brought the 14 year playoff drought to a halt (not single-handedly mind you; it took a trade with Indiana to spark the push). There are several pg's in the league who are paid less than Baron and have better track records.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Beno Udrih just re-signed with the Kings!!!

Clips are pretty much resigned to do everythingh in their power to sign Baron Davis, as Brand will resign with the Clips for less money IF, they attain an elite player, i.e. Baron Davis.

Warriors have leverage some leverage, if a sign and trade is necessary.

If we rebuild, I won't be pissed if we can pry away some combo of Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, picks and scrubs for Jax, Al, Belinelli and Kosta.

Our future still looks bright.

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately a year doesn't make a career. Here's three things going against Baron: 1) The amount of money he wants. Not many teams can take on the 2)He's still pretty much known around the league as a coach killer. 3) His health. Yeah he showed durability this past year, but that doesn't make up for the 5 previous years.

I kinda like the fact that he opted out. It makes the decision easier. It gives the Warriors an extreme amount of flexibility. He's trading on the fact that he was apart of a team that brought the 14 year playoff drought to a halt (not single-handedly mind you; it took a trade with Indiana to spark the push). There are several pg's in the league who are paid less than Baron and have better track records.

AGREED :clap:

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Beno Udrih just re-signed with the Kings!!!

Clips are pretty much resigned to do everythingh in their power to sign Baron Davis, as Brand will resign with the Clips for less money IF, they attain an elite player, i.e. Baron Davis.

Warriors have leverage some leverage, if a sign and trade is necessary.

If we rebuild, I won't be pissed if we can pry away some combo of Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, picks and scrubs for Jax, Al, Belinelli and Kosta.

Our future still looks bright.

Hey, I like Belinelli lol. I wouldnt mind putting Al or Jack on the table, but I highly doubt Jack will be moved. He's our only leader now that Baron's opted

mintfrosty
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Forgot to add...the contract that Baron opted out of was a over priced contract. That's partially why he was traded to the warriors in the first place.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey, I like Belinelli lol. I wouldnt mind putting Al or Jack on the table, but I highly doubt Jack will be moved. He's our only leader now that Baron's opted

Jackson is too good, he averages 20 pts and ton of minutes. If we lose Baron, I want our team to suck REAL bad!!!

Think Miami last year. The difference between us and Miami, is that we have better young talent and no long term deals other than Al and Jackson, and they only have 2 years left and are valuable assets to teams contending for a title.

Here's another trade: http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/
With the Clips also throwing in perhaps a 1st. I'd rather trade for Gordon and Jordan give them Belinelli and Kosta. Also get a 2009 1st round pick.

We give them a title contending team that doesn't go over the luxury tax and is still loaded with young talent with guys like: Al Thornton, Marco Belinelli, Kosta(although limited) and Mike Taylor. Not too mention Brand, Baron, Kaman, Jackson and Al all are 30 or under. Brevin Knight and Josh Powell are solid players off the bench.

I'd rather have the Clips win it all instead of the Lakers.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM

I like Belinelli as well, but I think Eric Gordon has more All Star potential. Gordon is shorter, but it doesn't matter. I would take Gordon's defense over Belinelli's. I thought Gordon should have been drafted 4 or 5 by Sonics or Knicks.

Besides, Belinelli has a lot of value for his ability to shoot the ball.

kevin98189
07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
forget baron. i really like him but i mean hes only in it for money and there are much better player in the NBA that get paid less and are better. i say we just let monta ellis play the 1, who knows monta can prolli be the next Chris Paul. IMO i think Stephen Jackson is the heart of the team, i feel hes a better leader. remember what happen last year when Jackson came back from his suspension, we started to win again. we can also shop for a PG at the trade deadline. Main priority is to resign monta and biedrins. and pietrus.