PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why Baron opted out...

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Why would Baron opt out of $17.8 million dollars? Here are a few reasons.

1.) Baron wants a multi year contract but the best way to do it, was opt out and gain some leverage.

2.) At 29 years of age, signing a 1 year contract is a risky proposition for an injuyr plauged point guard of the FASTEST playing team in the NBA.

3.) 2- the number of major surgeries Baron has had to his knee.

4.) 4- the number of seasons Baron Davis played all 82 games. He played all 82 games his first 3 seasons in the NBA it took him 7 years before he would acheive that feat again.

Now if Baron opted out due to reason 1-5, there is a good chance that he ends up a Warrior. If he opted out for reasons 5-9, there is a good chance he's gone.

5.) Baron and/or other people; the team, other teams, players on other teams(Brand and Maggette), etc. have come up with a sign and trade deal that has slowly been brewing.

6.) Baron wants to play in LA, close to home with Brand and the movie business.

7.) Baron is tired of wearing out his body, having to guard Shooting guards.

8.) Baron wants to be #1 option, not Ellis.

9.) Baron is angry at the lack of moves for a veteran big man and back-up PG.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 02:26 AM
"As it stands without Davis, the Warriors will have about $31 million in committed salary once their draft picks sign. That leaves roughly $38 million to spend before entering luxury tax territory, which was $67.9 million last year and figures to be a little more than $70 million next season."

At least we know we will have more than enough money to resign Biedrins and Monta.

But Baron is the difference between being a playoff team and a rebuilding team.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Baron just released a film. He loves L.A., his hometown and Hollywood.

Could he be heading to the Clips??? It might be a possibility.

With Maggette opting out, the Clips will have enough money to do this

Brand 5 years $75 million($15 a year) and Davis 5 years $70 million ($14 million per year).

I don't blame Baron for leaving. He gave us great years, he revived his career, but he wants to win a ring just as much as we do.

SFsFINEST
07-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Again, I want to throw out there that Arenas is available. Something to chew on until he officially signs elsewhere..

OaklandsFinest
07-01-2008, 02:50 AM
The Clippers will only have about 9 mill under the cap, and Baron will not take that low of an offer. It will have to be a sign and trade for him to really go anywhere other then Memphis who is full at the point guard spot anyway. I've been saying, look for a sign and trade to maybe Miami for Marion and/or Beasley, with other pieces comming from Golden State. Miami is dead set on taking the ball out of Dwayne Wade's hands which to me is the dumbest idea I've heard since that guy started the top 5 big man thread.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 02:56 AM
The Clippers will only have about 9 mill under the cap, and Baron will not take that low of an offer. It will have to be a sign and trade for him to really go anywhere other then Memphis who is full at the point guard spot anyway. I've been saying, look for a sign and trade to maybe Miami for Marion and/or Beasley, with other pieces comming from Golden State. Miami is dead set on taking the ball out of Dwayne Wade's hands which to me is the dumbest idea I've heard since that guy started the top 5 big man thread.

Luxury tax was $67 million last year, and probably $70 million next year.

With Maggette opting out, and letting Livingston become an URFA the Clips can unfortunately sign Baron outright.

With the Clips' recent moves they have only $32-33 million in committed salary and that's including the money needed to sign Gordon and thier 2nd round picks.