PDA

View Full Version : Player Trade Value:Brian McCann

MANU4eva
07-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I know the Braves will never do this but I just want to see what your respected teams would realistically give up for Brian McCann. Please don't post anything dumb like Endy Chavez for Brian McCann.

nyyfan4life
07-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Kei Igawa and Carl Pavano for Brian McCann.

Seriously, do we need trade threads like these all over the place? First it was some Brewers dude asking about Fielder and now this :pity:.

L-MiLLZ44
07-01-2008, 01:02 AM
why would the braves trade Brian McCann? and who cares what his trade value is if he isn't going to be traded .... this is quite dumb

yojoe792
07-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Why does it matter?

Joba Rules!!
07-01-2008, 01:12 AM
why would the braves trade Brian McCann? and who cares what his trade value is if he isn't going to be traded .... this is quite dumb

Why does it matter?

In the words of the fairy himself...."Where is the love?"

bosox3431
07-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Id be willing to give up alot for him. For one he's a top 3 catcher in the league, still very young, and the Sox have no good options at catcher right now for when Tek retires. Id give 2-3 top prospects and 1-2 lower level prospects, depending on who they were.

nyyfan4life
07-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Id be willing to give up alot for him. For one he's a top 3 catcher in the league, still very young, and the Sox have no good options at catcher right now for when Tek retires. Id give 2-3 top prospects and 1-2 lower level prospects, depending on who they were.

James Masterson, Michael Bowden, Lars Anderson, Daniel Bard and Ryan Kalish seem like a pretty decent offer IMO.

jmtapia
07-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Braves have locked up BMac till 2012 for a reason. Also if there was a time to trade him it would have been when Jarrod Saltalammachia (SP, you blame me..lol) was still around.

Mac will be the face of the Braves franchise once the Vets are gone.

JHG722
07-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Carlos Carrasco, Ryan Howard, Brett Myers, Antonio Bastardo, Lou Marson, and cash considerations.

ugafan
07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Mac is untouchable, I hope that guy won't be coming around the Braves board anytime soon. Francoeur can be had though :)

Johan=LightsOut
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
From the mets

Fernando Martinez, Jon Niese, Brian Shnieder, and Oliver Perez

Neely
07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Braves have locked up BMac till 2012 for a reason. Also if there was a time to trade him it would have been when Jarrod Saltalammachia (SP, you blame me..lol) was still around.

Mac will be the face of the Braves franchise once the Vets are gone.

Saltalamacchia maybe?

goldglove212
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
James Masterson, Michael Bowden, Lars Anderson, Daniel Bard and Ryan Kalish seem like a pretty decent offer IMO.

Justin Masterson not James...sorry it bothers me

MANU4eva
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
You guys need to read the first post..."I know the Braves will never do this" part. Its all for fun. The topic isn't "I want to trade Brian McCann right now because he sucks". Keep the comments coming..

DieHardColtsfan
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
for real though the braves lost Byan Pena to the Royals who may turn out to be the best hitting catcher. He was clogged in the Braves system... Royals will prob give him full time chance next year. McCann shouldn't go any where!

nyyfan4life
07-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Justin Masterson not James...sorry it bothers me

I dont even know why I said James, lol. Heard that name somewhere before though :shrug:.

scottythegreat1
07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Toronto needs a better Catcher. I know that Toronto could trade AJ Burnett and Gregg Zaun/Rod Barajas, although there have been no rumours, there is speculation that they could be traded at the deadline.

redwhiteandblue
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
From the mets

Fernando Martinez, Jon Niese, Brian Shnieder, and Oliver Perez

Meh, not seeing this one. Mostly because you guys would be forced to overpay. Martinez is good, but he's an incosistent hitter. Hover's right below .300-.290. Schnieder, if we had an option to replace BMac in like 2 or 3 years, maybe we'd take him. And **** Oliver. I love this guy, I did in Pittsburgh, but we need a top 3 guy. IMO he's a solid 4 or 5 guy, because I'm not counting on him to bring his A game every night, and he's most certainly proved that in the last half a month to a month.

BRAVE KID
07-01-2008, 03:21 PM
for real though the braves lost Byan Pena to the Royals who may turn out to be the best hitting catcher. He was clogged in the Braves system... Royals will prob give him full time chance next year. McCann shouldn't go any where!pena got released from the royals.

ugafan
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
pena got released from the royals.

I think he was just making that up so people think he knows his stuff:shrug:

DieHardColtsfan
07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
no, i seriously didnt know pena got released. And i do know my stuff, i dont go around posting with an attitude or sarcasm like yourself. Pena's bat in the minors was very good at one point, people worried about his defense though. Well i guess his hitting started to limp after getting cut by 2 squads now.

jmtapia
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
^^^ People werent "worried" about his Defense they were "terrified". If he had descent D he would be our back up.