PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Pursuing Brent Barry, again

nickymintz
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
The Rockets will begin the free agent recruiting period with an 11 p.m. call to Spurs guard Brent Barry, but the team could have already hit a snag in its hopes to bring back forward Carl Landry.

The Rockets will call Barry as quickly as NBA rules allow in an effort to land the free agent that got away during the season when Barry was released by the Seattle SuperSonics but chose to return to the San Antonio Spurs.

Barry, 36, struggled to come back from a calf injury after he was dealt at the trade deadline but made 49.1 percent of his shots and 46.3 percent of his 3s in the postseason. He averaged 7.1 points in 17.9 minutes, making 48.1 percent of his shots, in the regular season, his 12th in the NBA.

If he signs with the Rockets, he would follow his father, Hall of Famer Rick Barry, and brother, Jon Barry, who both finished their careers with the Rockets.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5864870.html

He would make a great back up

bball1217
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
he would be a great back up to tracy mcgrady...he can can knock down shots from anywhere, is a proven vet and has championship experience

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-01-2008, 12:02 AM
he would be a nice addition and will provide championship experience

Jay22Redd
07-01-2008, 12:02 AM
he would be a great back up to tracy mcgrady...he can can knock down shots from anywhere, is a proven vet and has championship experience

id agree

DontNOMuch
07-01-2008, 12:57 AM
would be a great pickup

nyyfan4life
07-01-2008, 01:05 AM
One of the few guys that will be a good pick-up. Definetely better than the Ricky Davis or Gerald Green's of the world for this team.

Driven
07-01-2008, 01:36 AM
And again, I would LOVE Brent Barry on this team.

Ghostbuster Guy
07-01-2008, 01:36 AM
I hope we sign him

pippsux
07-01-2008, 06:44 AM
He is not dead at 36, he would be a nice pick up. As for Landry, he was injured mid season and never trully recovered except for his great play in the one playoff game. Morey is doing the right thing.

Tmac to da rack
07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I hope Rockets get it done this time, he can be our Mike Miller Type of player that we all wanted, plus his a great passer and he was in the dunk contest before!!!

Russjr2
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Barry would be a nice addition to our bench. He would definitely space the floor, is a very capable ball handler, passer, and we can't say enough about his experience. That would also open up our options to move the likes of L Head and Francis' contracts for a younger, scoring, SG prospect. We give up some individual defense with Barry but you play Deke and Dorsey behind him and we are ok.

mightybosstone
07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I hope Rockets get it done this time, he can be our Mike Miller Type of player that we all wanted, plus his a great passer and he was in the dunk contest before!!!

Your signature is WAY too big.... :speechless:

mightybosstone
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Seriously, though, I would really like to see Barry in a Rockets' uniform next season. He's exactly the kind of player that fits into what this team does well and would provide a much needed shooter off the bench.

HouRealCoach
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Now heres a proven 3-Point threat, playmaker also

Great move

Tmac to da rack
07-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Your signature is WAY too big.... :speechless:

Its okay all my sigs are tight, if they were wack I wouldnt have them :eyebrow:

Renovator
07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
He would be a major improvement over Head backing up TMAC. I would be very happy if we can get Barry to back up TMAC. His knowledge and experince should definitely play a part for us to get overthe 1st round in playoffs.

I really want Head gone.

Russjr2
07-02-2008, 10:05 AM
He would be a major improvement over Head backing up TMAC. I would be very happy if we can get Barry to back up TMAC. His knowledge and experince should definitely play a part for us to get overthe 1st round in playoffs.

I really want Head gone.

I really don't think this would be the last move we make. I see Morey going after another scorer through a trade after we secure Barry. So we can have T-Mac, 'another scorer', and Barry all on the court at the same time. We could play Deke and Dorsey with them to get rebounds and set picks for our scorers. I hope Barry decides soon so Morey can get on with the business.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Just my huntch, but I think we are wasting our time here. Barry will resign with the Spurs.

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
All these big moves going on to shift power from team to team and we're going after an aging, one dimensional has been, who's former team doesn't even want him...................way to go rockets!!!!

bball1217
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
he is not a has been...he did great in the playoffs last year and when he played in the regular season he also did great coming off the bench

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah..............has been......................rockets really need to shake some things up..........adding an aging brenty barry isn't "shaking it up"

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Just my huntch, but I think we are wasting our time here. Barry will resign with the Spurs.

I agree he is a sucker

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Yep, he would be good to backup T-mac. Right now the only SG you have after T-mac is Head.