PDA

View Full Version : Who's Twin Tower is the best?

khoolit_jom#8
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I also posted same kind of thread in LA forum,
But I just want to know the thoughts of the toront fans on this one.. we know that this bought twin towers will play for the first time next season..
any predictions?

Andrew bynum / Pau Gasol
or
Chris Bosh / Jermaine O'neal

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
both are very good..but i think the proven duo would be J.O who has proven himself and is a 6 time allstar..and bosh who is what a 3 or 4 time all star?

khoolit_jom#8
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
both are very good..but i think the proven duo would be J.O who has proven himself and is a 6 time allstar..and bosh who is what a 3 or 4 time all star?

thats what I'm tellin to my fellow laker fan.. that their are some factors that we neede to consider..

we all know that RAP's duo is bought a many times all-star.. and the other duo (LA's duo).. they're bought young and rising...

good to hear a fair and analytic answer..

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM
u can compare Gasol who is solid but Bosh is younger and already an allstar don't forget he has started in 2 allstar games..Jermaine O'neal was a starting allstar who is injury prone like Bynum but with J.O you know what your getting when hes healthy..with Bynum the start he had before the injury could have been a fluke which inflated his stats making a double double guy..not taking anything alway from Jabbar

Ramon Nivar
06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Bynum/Gasol. I love Bynum and think he easily makes up for the Gasol-Bosh difference.

viniciusdcs
06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Bosh/O'Neal is more guaranteed to work out since they're both proven all stars, CB is still young and migh improve even more, J.O is already a 6 time all star who has proven himself, if he plays motivated then daaaamn...

Gasol is also a great player, Bynum didn't really proove himself yet, sure he played like 20 terrific games last season but then he got injured and lalalala...

Both great twin towers, but I preffer CB4/J.O.

EDIT: 200th post, Woot Woot!

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Bynum/Gasol. I love Bynum and think he easily makes up for the Gasol-Bosh difference.

its a Bosh + O'neal comparison not Bynum & Gasol vs. Bosh

AgentViet
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Shaquille O'Neal + Amare Stoudemire.

Greg Oden + LaMarcus Aldridge will be amazing in the future.

Lakergirl24
06-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Bynum /Gasol will be great next year

Fion
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
actually come to think of it, next year all of a sudden there will be a ton of teams with twin towers.

the raps, lakers, jazz, trailblazers, hmm myb hornets? but like a ton of teams with super talented front court duos.

I think i might have even missed a few teams, thats kinda funny.

star
07-01-2008, 12:01 AM
how can you really answer this?

I based it on stats BOSH/JO > stats

but we dont even know if they will play well together ... and same with bynum and gasol ...

its all speculation we have NO IDEA about chemisty issues and synergy between both sets

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:56 PM
On paper JO and Bosh. But we gotta see how both towers work and play together and which has a better result.

conway429
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
yeah the poll for this in the Laker's forum is like, 82% Bynum-Gasol....
Laker fans are funny.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 10:47 AM

Thing is... in my mind Bynum hasn't made up the difference YET. I expect him to do so by Christmas but until then my vote goes to the duo from Toronto.

Durant is hype
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I love Bynum and think hes going to be a star,but I'll take the Raptors Duo.

It all depends on chemistry how will can they these 2 duos play together.

HoopsMachine
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM

HoopsMachine
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Honestly I really can't tell because you have a lot of questions with health and chemistry but I would have to say Bosh-O'Neal because conceptually or on paper I can see their games meshing well together. Bosh I think is at his best from the high-post where he is a triple threat (shoot, pass, and drive) while O'Neal compliments this with his post up game. You look at LA's duo and I see two players who are at their best in the post on the blocks. Gasol can play the high post as he his a good passer and shooter but I don't see him driving past many of the more quicker and athletic PF's in this league.

argo
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Both of these duos need to play together before making any judgements.
Bynum is developing into a fine player but is still quite raw and inexperienced, and Gasol has a lot of length, good hands, is a good passer, and has a high basketball IQ.
Having said that, I still voted for O'Neal/ Bosh... the experience, leadership, defense, toughness, and competitiveness that this pair possesses will hopefully make Toronto a championship contender.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Shaquille O'Neal + Amare Stoudemire.

Greg Oden + LaMarcus Aldridge will be amazing in the future.

Yeah if shaq was 3 years younger he would be amazing along side Amare.

For a NBA player who hasnt played a game and already had a injury like Oden's it isnt look to good for his career/future.

However out of the 2 comparisons Bynum and Pau vs. JO and Bosh

I would have to say a health JO and Bosh could probably be one of the most exciting players front courts in the NBA to watch. Bynum has a long way to grow and I doubt Pau will be around when we see the shining star Bynum really is I think Bynum in 5 years will be top 2 most dominate center along side Howard in the NBA.