TrueFan23
06-30-2008, 09:59 PM
From the LA times

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Link????????

daleja424
omgomgomg this is kinda cool. I am pretty sure we are S/T for him now... Id be shocked if we didnt...

danbola
Just saw it on espn news.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers1-2008jul01,0,1334796.story

yboord028
06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Hes going to the 76ers or a team with cap space, We have no chance at him.

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers1-2008jul01,0,1334796.story

Here's the link!!!!

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Brand is an upgrade over marion...IMO. Brand/Beasley/Wade is DEFINATELY playoff material and it takes a lot of pressure off beasley...

TrueFan23
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
thx for the link, i was about to post it.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Hes going to the 76ers or a team with cap space, We have no chance at him.

S/T for marion dudddee...

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Dam! You beat Delaja...lol. Let's trade marion and haslem for brand and maggette and we can put any point gaurd out there!!! Shoot I can do pg with this line up

Me
Wade
Maggette
Beasley
Brand

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:06 PM
S/T for marion dudddee...

Most likely scenario...If that were to happen would we be able to go after Ellis???

daleja424
Dam! You beat Delaja...lol. Let's trade marion and haslem for brand and maggette and we can put any point gaurd out there!!! Shoot I can do pg with this line up

Me
Wade
Maggette
Beasley
Brand

hardy hardy har!!!

expat
I was about to post it, just saw it on the net. He has just forced Clippers to do sign and trade. I guess Marion is looking good to the Clippers about now. Also looks like Cory is looking to go to Orlando.

Mambo Kings
Sign and trade...NOW

P.S. Maggette would be nice too

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I am about to poop in my pants!!!!!:D

TrueFan23
brand wants 20 mill probably and corey definetely wants double figures, so that is a lot of money, i dont think it can be done with those players only and they will get better offers from other teams.

daleja424
Most likely scenario...If that were to happen would we be able to go after Ellis???

not unless ellis took the MLE exception from us...

unless Brand takes 14 mil and we trade marion (17) and blount (7 mil) to them... that might clear a little more cap room but I DOUBT Riley will sign ellis to a lengthy contract like he is looking for...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
brand wants 20 mill probably and corey definetely wants double figures, so that is a lot of money, i dont think it can be done with those players only and they will get better offers from other teams.

but now Brand is in the drivers seat. b/c h has to agree to any S/T offer they get. He can force his way to Miami if he wants to...

danbola
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Im glad he opted out. Either we sign/trade for him now, or not. At least we wont have to hear Brand rumors all year.

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Ellis
Wade
Beasley
Brand

Even deadlier!!!

kingbrentg
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Some sort of S&T focusing around Marion for Brand would be nice for you guys.

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Whoever

Nice lineup.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I dont know about you, but I am very excited right now, which is funny considering that I have hated on Brand for the last like month... Im sorrrryyyy brand!!! come to miami!!!

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Riley loves Elton Brand...always has, always will.

danbola
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Remember there was that article on espn.com saying the only team Brand would be willing to take a paycut to play for is the Heat.

Could he play center? Has he ever played center for the Clippers or does he have to be pf.

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Boozer is good.....For me 2 poop on!!!! Let's get Brand!!!

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
:pray:Brand is comes to Miami...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Remember there was that article on espn.com saying the only team Brand would be willing to take a paycut to play for is the Heat.

Could he play center? Has he ever played center for the Clippers or does he have to be pf.

I've seen him play center but I doubt we'd play him there...

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Years ago, Riley tried to acquire Elton Brand...but the Clippers matched the huge offer and we ended up getting Lamar Odom instead. But it was Brand who Riley coveted. He's not a man who changes his mind; I'd be surprised if Brand doesn't end up in Miami, one way or another.

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
He played center in chicago and some in La when they needed him to, and yes I remember that article!!! Let's go Heat!:clap::clap::clap:

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
i have a really strange feeling that when i wake up tomorrow trade t miami rumors will be ALLLL over the internet... and by the evening ESPN will be atlking about it... and by July 9th we will have him...

expat
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
This article just posted on ESPN says he still wants to stay with Clippers. It mentions Miami making a push for him.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468389

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
If we get brand?

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Diop?

OR

Chalmers
Wade
Maggette
Beasley
Brand

Look out Celtics!!!:D:smoking:

yboord028
Memphis and Philadelphia are the only teams with the requisite salary-cap space this summer to make sufficiently lucrative offers to sign Brand away from the Clippers outright. Even the Sixers -- despite their publicly stated interest in acquiring a power play -- might not have enough with an estimated $11 million to offer for a first-year salary.

It's believed that the Miami Heat will make another hard pitch to land Brand via trade. The contract Brand is vacating was originally signed with Miami when the 29-year-old power forward was a restricted free agent in the summer of 2003, with the Clippers matching that six-year, $82 million deal.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468389

And we have the first mention of the Heat being power players...

Mambo Kings
Remember there was that article on espn.com saying the only team Brand would be willing to take a paycut to play for is the Heat

Here's the article, from June 21, 2008: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3455824&searchName=broussard_chris&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3455824%26searchName% 3dbroussard_chris

Relevant excerpts:

"The Sixers would love to get Elton Brand, but word is that he doesn't want to take a pay cut from the $16 million-plus he's due next season -- except to go to Miami."

"Miami is trying desperately to find a way to get Brand, whose first choice is the Heat, but a sign-and-trade for Shawn Marion is probably the only way to get it done. Hard to see that happening."

kingbrentg
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
If we get brand?

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Diop?

OR

Chalmers
Wade
Maggette
Beasley
Brand

Look out Celtics!!!:D:smoking:

First lineup would be better IMO.

The second has a lot more fire power, but Brand isn't really a center at all. I'd hate to see him being worn down by the big centers game in and game out. Diop would be a good big body next to Brand if you could get him.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
i have a really strange feeling that when i wake up tomorrow trade t miami rumors will be ALLLL over the internet... and by the evening ESPN will be atlking about it... and by July 9th we will have him...

I was thinking the same thing.:D Lol. But I have a feeling we will land somebody BIG

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
what about a S/T that doesnt involve Marion??? what if we could send them haslem/blount/williams or something like that.... they get a good PF and then all three expire 2010 (if we S/T williams on a 2 year deal)....

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Its intresting what he says about going to a celtics game and watching 3 all-stars win it all and thats what he wants to accoplish. I think the heat are closer to doing that then the clippers.

It's believed that the Miami Heat will make another hard pitch to land Brand via trade. The contract Brand is vacating was originally signed with Miami when the 29-year-old power forward was a restricted free agent in the summer of 2003, with the Clippers matching that six-year, $82 million deal.

Falk said a visit to Boston for Game 2 of the NBA Finals influenced Brand's decision to opt out.

"He watched what happened when a few stars get together and agree to have a communal effort," Falk said. "He said 'That's what I'd like to accomplish in my career.'"

danbola
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM
A couple weeks ago a friend of mine that works for the Heat called me and told me he bumped into Brand inside AAA. So these talks of him coming to Miami are real.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling this has been in the works for a while but Brand probably wanted to work out the perameters for a deal with miami b4 opting out...

unless he just resigns... but I DONT SEE HIM SIGNING UP LONG TERM WITH A TEAM THAT WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FOR A WHILE

DQL
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
If we make a deal w/ the Clippers we should ask them to include DeAndre. I know there's a great possibility he'll be a bust but since he's a 2nd round pick his salary won't hurt our cap at all. It's a low risk high reward

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
this was posted by a bulls fan in response to what I said...

Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
bet anything Miami is about to acquire him right now.... he said he wouldnt opt out unless he thought he could get to miami I thought... either way s/t to miami for marion will happen within the next couple days I would guess

That means a clash between Miami and Boston in the ECF next year.

danbola
06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Baron Davis also opted out. And Artest did not opt out.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:50 PM
artest sucks.. he coulda joined the party... but screw him!

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
crappp... espn is %^$#ing on our parae. Marc Stein thinks that Brand will probably resign with the Clipps... says Davis is the more likely to be on the move

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow, having the veteran Brand at power forward really takes a lot of pressure off of Beasley, and many experts have suggested that in the NBA, he may be better suited for the SF game...Maybe we show up the Celtics next year, with the biggest turn around in NBA history...

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:55 PM
crappp... espn is %^$#ing on our parae. Marc Stein thinks that Brand will probably resign with the Clipps... says Davis is the more likely to be on the move

Man, just when I was warming up to the idea of Brand...We shall see. Why would Brand want to resign with the Clips, if he has a chance to come to Miami...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Man, just when I was warming up to the idea of Brand...We shall see. Why would Brand want to resign with the Clips, if he has a chance to come to Miami...

he said we wants the clipps to get a big time FA and then he would look to resign. Dude just wants to win... It could just be sin though. Maybe he just doesnt wat to burn bridges in case a deal falls through...

J$mo0th_3o5
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Wow, having the veteran Brand at power forward really takes a lot of pressure off of Beasley, and many experts have suggested that in the NBA, he may be better suited for the SF game...Maybe we show up the Celtics next year, with the biggest turn around in NBA history...

Man that would be the best!:clap: All I know when I wake up tomorrow the Heat are going 2 have a new member on the team!

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Brand does not want to stay with the Clippers; he's just being a professional. Elton wanted to join the Heat years ago, before we settled for Lamar Odom, but the Clippers gave him a huge contract to stay in L.A. He got paid, and paid well, but now he really wants out. He wants to play with a winner and for a city he enjoys living in; he's reaching that stage of his career where those items matter almost more than money. He'll still cost us a bundle, no doubt, but he's less swayed by dollars after spending the last few years in purgatory with the Clippers.

ATX
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Just some FYI....and not to double post, but Brand is seeking a 4 year deal worth 60 million...15 per.

IRUAM #21
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Please pat do whatever u can to get this guy!!!!!!

daleja424
06-30-2008, 11:19 PM
thats a steal... call him Pat!!!! come on...

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 11:22 PM
If we cant get Brand, What about Baron Davis or Maggette?????

ATX
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
For whatever it's worth, Stephen A just reported that Baron wants to play for the Knicks next season, and might end up there...

danbola
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
A big problem is why would the Clippers want Marion? Instead of sign/trade with us, dont you think it would be better for them to just let Brand walk and go after someone like Josh Smith, Baron Davis, or Monta Ellis?

J$mo0th_3o5
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
If we cant get Brand, What about Baron Davis or Maggette?????

I wouldn't mind either of them at all, but Davis might end up with the Knicks.:confused:

ATX
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Good point danbola.

Maybe we trade Marion to a team under the cap, (So the salaries don't have to match) pick up an expiring deal, a nice young prospect, and maybe a pick next year, and then pursue Brand???

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Don't worry too much about the numbers. Contracts can be written up any number of ways to make salaries match. I believe the reason Marion would be attractive to the Clippers is based on his current, one-year-remaining deal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Clippers would be able to sign up Brand in a trade deal, offering him the long-term cash Miami will end up paying, and in return L.A. will get Marion's contract which they can take off the books after the end of this upcoming season. If I'm not mistaken, it's this year's salaries which are at issue, not what happens in the future.

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I think your correct????

Don't worry too much about the numbers. Contracts can be written up any number of ways to make salaries match. I believe the reason Marion would be attractive to the Clippers is based on his current, one-year-remaining deal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Clippers would be able to sign up Brand in a trade deal, offering him the long-term cash Miami will end up paying, and in return L.A. will get Marion's contract which they can take off the books after the end of this upcoming season. If I'm not mistaken, it's this year's salaries which are at issue, not what happens in the future.

twissst89
06-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I really rather have Marion then Brand. I dont got faith that Beasley wud be dominant at SF and i dont think Brand can play center. I wana try to get 1 of these young resticted free agents for Marion. I feel were moving in the rigt direction to build a strong young team that cud be here for the next 10 years. Chalmmer,Quinn,Wade,Cook,Wright,Beasley, and Joel Anthony. If Brand really wants to win a championship he take a bigger paycut then wut i heard. Dont forget if we sign him for 3 years we have no chance 2 get 1 of those stars in 2010. I also think it mite free Beasley up but will take away from his shots. Im against getting Brand if having to give up Marion or any of our young guys. Only way i wud take him is if he signed for rediculously low.

danbola
07-01-2008, 12:01 AM

I dont see why thats beneficial to the Clippers. They lose Brand and pick up Marion. Marion does have a nice expiring contract for next year, but if they dont do the deal, they have great cap room this year. Either way they lose Brand. Unless they really value Marion for their future, I dont see it happening. Why not just lose Brand and just go after one of the many good young restricted free agents. Iguodala, Ellis, Okafor, Smith, etc.

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Beasley would be fine as a sf and brand would play pf and he can play center on smaller teams then we can have haslem at pf when brand plays center

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Diop?

OR
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Haslem
Brand

:speechless::ohno::rock:

I really rather have Marion then Brand. I dont got faith that Beasley wud be dominant at SF and i dont think Brand can play center. I wana try to get 1 of these young resticted free agents for Marion. I feel were moving in the rigt direction to build a strong young team that cud be here for the next 10 years. Chalmmer,Quinn,Wade,Cook,Wright,Beasley, and Joel Anthony. If Brand really wants to win a championship he take a bigger paycut then wut i heard. Dont forget if we sign him for 3 years we have no chance 2 get 1 of those stars in 2010. I also think it mite free Beasley up but will take away from his shots. Im against getting Brand if having to give up Marion or any of our young guys. Only way i wud take him is if he signed for rediculously low.

Mambo Kings
07-01-2008, 12:26 AM
The reason I think the Clippers would be interested in Marion's expiring contract is because right now they've got nothing. Brand is gone, unless he decides to commit to a new, long-term deal (which I seriously doubt he wants to do). So, yes, they would have cap space RIGHT NOW if Brand stays gone, but the big fish in FA start appearing after this season and in 2010 (guys like Carlos Boozer next year, then superstars like LeBron, etc. after that).

The Clippers would much rather be in play for the big fish than simply keeping Brand around for several more years. He's also coming off his major injury-plagued season (not exactly something to really get Clipper execs very excited). If the L.A. Clippers want to turn their team around, it's going to take more than Elton Brand, and they should know it. Shawn Marion would be a nice presence for them in the 2008-2009 season, but they could go after the big fish once he's gone after this year and lose nothing in the process.

The Heat, by the way, if they make no moves, will also be anxious to clear Marion's contract after this season to make way for the likes of Carlos Boozer. But Pat Riley loves Elton Brand, and I think they'd be willing to take him - right now - in lieu of waiting for the big players who will arrive on the FA scene in the next couple of years.

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Preach On!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap: I bet Riley is on the phone with EB agent or with E.Brand himself or even with the clip's to discuss a S/T for marion???

The reason I think the Clippers would be interested in Marion's expiring contract is because right now they've got nothing. Brand is gone, unless he decides to commit to a new, long-term deal (which I seriously doubt he wants to do). So, yes, they would have cap space RIGHT NOW if Brand stays gone, but the big fish in FA start appearing after this season and in 2010 (guys like Carlos Boozer next year, then superstars like LeBron, etc. after that).

The Clippers would much rather be in play for the big fish than simply keeping Brand around for several more years. He's also coming off his major injury-plagued season (not exactly something to really get Clipper execs very excited). If the L.A. Clippers want to turn their team around, it's going to take more than Elton Brand, and they should know it. Shawn Marion would be a nice presence for them in the 2008-2009 season, but they could go after the big fish once he's gone after this year and lose nothing in the process.

The Heat, by the way, if they make no moves, will also be anxious to clear Marion's contract after this season to make way for the likes of Carlos Boozer. But Pat Riley loves Elton Brand, and I think they'd be willing to take him - right now - in lieu of waiting for the big players who will arrive on the FA scene in the next couple of years.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Their talking a lot about Ellis to miami in the Warriors form and most of them say its a good trade.And thats coming from fans who take his side since he is a fan favorite. Ellis,Wade,Wright, and Beasley for the next 10 years.

Mambo Kings
07-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I bet Riley is on the phone with EB agent or with E.Brand himself or even with the clip's to discuss a S/T for marion???

I'd bet my house on that, if they haven't already been talking over the weekend. A guy doesn't opt out of almost 17 million for his final season, when he knows this is not a big salary-cap summer for most teams, unless there's something at work behind the scenes. Brand could have waited for next summer to simply let his existing contract expire (a summer when many, many teams will have big money to spend on free agents). But no, he chose now - NOW because he wants out of L.A. and NOW - because he wants to play for the Miami Heat alongside Dwyane Wade. His agent knows we've been eyeballing Carlos Boozer for 2009; I think this is Brand's way of trying to get in ahead of that action.

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Man I am getting so excited:clap::clap::clap:But at the same time I am confused Because there's also B.Davis and Ellis which are pg that we need? I just have mixed emotion's:confused: Please help me thru this (What Should we do?????

I'd bet my house on that, if they haven't already been talking over the weekend. A guy doesn't opt out of almost 17 million for his final season, when he knows this is not a big salary-cap summer for most teams, unless there's something at work behind the scenes. Brand could have waited for next summer to simply let his existing contract expire (a summer when many, many teams will have big money to spend on free agents). But no, he chose now - NOW because he wants out of L.A. and NOW - because he wants to play for the Miami Heat alongside Dwyane Wade. His agent knows we've been eyeballing Carlos Boozer for 2009; I think this is Brand's way of trying to get in ahead of that action.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 01:01 AM

Good Point!!!

danbola
07-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Can you guys imagine us possibly getting Monta Ellis or Brand?! This is rediculous. Im going to be pretty disappointed when I hear either of them sign with their teams.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Man I am getting so excited:clap::clap::clap:But at the same time I am confused Because there's also B.Davis and Ellis which are pg that we need? I just have mixed emotion's:confused: Please help me thru this (What Should we do?????

Get the young superstar in Ellis. Wade wants someone to play with in the backcourt and Ellis and Beasley would be enough to keep Wade around in 2010. Ellis and Wade one of the best backcourts in the nba. Dont 4 get Ellis is only 22 and can only get better every year.

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
You have a good point, Especially with his age but what am worried about is he is a shoot first pg and that might not work with wade and beasley that's taking away from there shot's?????

Get the young superstar in Ellis. Wade wants someone to play with in the backcourt and Ellis and Beasley would be enough to keep Wade around in 2010. Ellis and Wade one of the best backcourts in the nba. Dont 4 get Ellis is only 22 and can only get better every year.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Now that Baron Davis has opted out the Warriors will indeed lock up Ellis...

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I dont Want Ellis from Golden State a shoot first Point guard and thats not what we need, we need a Point guard that can hit the 3 ball and be a great Passer.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 01:39 AM
You have a good point, Especially with his age but what am worried about is he is a shoot first pg and that might not work with wade and beasley that's taking away from there shot's?????

Thats everyones role at Golden State. We wouldnt have him play that way here. Mo Wil is somewut of a shoot first. He averages 17 and 6. Ellis is aslo a great rebounder which we suck at.

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 06:32 AM
think i'm the only one not ridiculously over excited to possibly obtaining Brand. I rather have Marion because he is more experienced at running an uptempo style and his offense is inside and outside which with Wade's style of play..beasley's ability to hit the jumper..he's going to have a lot of open looks. especially if chalmers does anywhere near a good job of distributing the ball. getting brand is basically ruining any slim tiny hope of lebron,bosh,stoudamire. Everyone on here uses that term "injury prone" yet havent seen one of u use it now that it seems more likely we're going to get brand. for the person who said clippers have nothing after brand, they have al thorton. trust me, i've watch that kid play since he was in FSU because of Canes matchups..he's nice. and he is definitely a stud in the making over there. Brand is possibly forcin the clippers to make offseason moves to make them contenders or else he is walking. and again..you trade haslem. that leaves who off the bench that you'd feel super confident in coming in? like haslem type confident lol.

daleja424
07-01-2008, 07:46 AM
think i'm the only one not ridiculously over excited to possibly obtaining Brand. I rather have Marion because he is more experienced at running an uptempo style and his offense is inside and outside which with Wade's style of play..beasley's ability to hit the jumper..he's going to have a lot of open looks. especially if chalmers does anywhere near a good job of distributing the ball. getting brand is basically ruining any slim tiny hope of lebron,bosh,stoudamire. Everyone on here uses that term "injury prone" yet havent seen one of u use it now that it seems more likely we're going to get brand. for the person who said clippers have nothing after brand, they have al thorton. trust me, i've watch that kid play since he was in FSU because of Canes matchups..he's nice. and he is definitely a stud in the making over there. Brand is possibly forcin the clippers to make offseason moves to make them contenders or else he is walking. and again..you trade haslem. that leaves who off the bench that you'd feel super confident in coming in? like haslem type confident lol.

Im far more worried about who will be starting at PG and C then who will be coming of the bench personally... If we could get Brand for Haslem/Banks/and say Ricky Davis that would be ideal. Then we could shop marion for a PG or C... also, brand is looking for 4/60 right.... well we could theoretically structure to maximize cap space in 2010 (18, 18, 10, 14) right? So Wade would be getting his raise to 20 mil, brand would be getting 10 mil, and Beasley and Chalmers would be on their first contract making a combined 10 mil or so. Then we would have a cap number around 40 million ties up in our long term stars annd could still maybe get a big name player (especially since the cap will probably be closer to 63 mil or so by then...)

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Im far more worried about who will be starting at PG and C then who will be coming of the bench personally... If we could get Brand for Haslem/Banks/and say Ricky Davis that would be ideal. Then we could shop marion for a PG or C... also, brand is looking for 4/60 right.... well we could theoretically structure to maximize cap space in 2010 (18, 18, 10, 14) right? So Wade would be getting his raise to 20 mil, brand would be getting 10 mil, and Beasley and Chalmers would be on their first contract making a combined 10 mil or so. Then we would have a cap number around 40 million ties up in our long term stars annd could still maybe get a big name player (especially since the cap will probably be closer to 63 mil or so by then...)

well for this season yea, a Center would be nice to have unless for this year they are planning on running with Blount as their starter. i mean say we get Mo AND brand. with their contracts..they arent on that 1-2 year contract riley has stated he wanted. they are long term..unless they deal them somewhere else within the next few years. i think jwill would be wanted there more than banks and even with ricky davis. they might ask for cook/wright. i just dont want to give up first round picks. i enjoy watching the draft but if we only have 2nd round picks it sucks lol. this gilbert arenas $ 100 million contract is making me wonder how much lebron/wade/bosh will expect come free agency. it might raise the bar which will cripple teams. the cap will be around 63 million as u stated..very true. centers on the FA are a reach. unless we acquire a productive center via trade, i hate to say but i'd roll with Blount and just play out the year. this is a tryout year anywayz. new coach and new style. always could set themselves up for a high draft pick. make a trade with yearly lottery teams (knicks,minnesota,memphis,etc.). get a first round pick for it. from what i read, the Center class for next year looks promising so who knows. i just dont want to give up a lot to fill a patch ya kno? dont want to give up like haslem/wright AND marion for one dude unless they are a PROVEN player with not so much liability on injuries. if we pick up pietrus..then yes. ship marion. cuz i'd be fine with beasley at SF and then brand at pF. chalmers/wade/beasley/brand and pietrus/haslem and wright as backups.

ATX
07-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Looks like the Clippers are trying to pair Elton Brand with Baron Davis. Killing both birds with one stone...

Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsYE5tXpNGs77B5pLwQ17pg5nYcB?slug=aw-barondavisfreeagent063008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Rolla
07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I dont Want Ellis from Golden State a shoot first Point guard and thats not what we need, we need a Point guard that can hit the 3 ball and be a great Passer.

i agree. and i will add a decent defender

Mambo Kings
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Looks like the Clippers are trying to pair Elton Brand with Baron Davis

I also heard about that. It seems like Elton Brand is going to wait and see if the Clippers can obtain a quality PG before he makes his decision of whether to return to L.A.

That said, there's no guarantee that Baron Davis will go to the Clippers, especially with the Knicks interested in paying him big bucks to play in a much better market.

I think the Clippers will fail to sign any significant Free Agents, leaving Brand the choice to return to the same old crap he's had for many years. If that's what he eventually decides upon doing, let him have it.