PDA

View Full Version : Pietrus

fins08
06-30-2008, 09:31 PM
What are the chances we don't get him. We are definetely in the lead. How much money would he want.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
dunno maybe split the MLE with him and Kwame... but only f we dont resign wright I would think...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
We need depth...A good bench is vital and I think Riley understands that....

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
maybe your right... but that would mean another long bench season for wright...

danbola
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
I really like the idea of Pietrus, but only if we dont resign Wright. I dont think we need to have a battle for backup sf.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I really like the idea of Pietrus, but only if we dont resign Wright. I dont think we need to have a battle for backup sf.

maybe it would free us up to trade marion for PG... maybe we could just trade Marion for Pietrus/Davis... then pietrus/wright could fight over starting SF and we fill our PG hole...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
maybe your right... but that would mean another long bench season for wright...

That's not necessarily true. He has to earn his playing time and will be given equal opportunity to do so. Plus Spoelstra is our new coach...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I see a lot of people in favor of Wright, personally Wright hasn't impressed me enough to even be resigned but thats just me...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I see a lot of people in favor of Wright but personally Wright hasn't impressed me enough to even be resigned but thats just me...

he plays good defense, has really improved his corner jumper, and can be excellent on the break and getting rebounds for us. He proved to me at the beggining of last year that he at least deserves a shot at a full time gig... the problem is he cant keep getting hurt!!!

danbola
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I see a lot of people in favor of Wright, personally Wright hasn't impressed me enough to even be resigned but thats just me...

I agree. Ive been hoping some other team offers him more then the qualifying offer so he will leave.

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 01:22 AM
hey i would take Pietrus over wright anyday just because He can do all the things that Wright can do but he aslo has a 3pt shot that Wright doesnt have, and Pietrus can guard people who are bigger then him because of his Strength.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Dorell Wright is the future.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OBlLV9itI

Go look at his stats last year. Look at the 5 game streak he had when Riley played him the way he should have and he averaged a dpuble double. Then their was the game against phoenix where he had i think 19 points and 16 reabounds and 3 blocks. The main reason i want to trade Marion is so Wright cud come in with Riley not being the coach.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 01:33 AM
hey i would take Pietrus over wright anyday just because He can do all the things that Wright can do but he aslo has a 3pt shot that Wright doesnt have, and Pietrus can guard people who are bigger then him because of his Strength.

I agree :clap:

Diehardheatfan
07-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Dorell Wright is the future.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OBlLV9itI

Go look at his stats last year. Look at the 5 game streak he had when Riley played him the way he should have and he averaged a dpuble double. Then their was the game against phoenix where he had i think 19 points and 16 reabounds and 3 blocks. The main reason i want to trade Marion is so Wright cud come in with Riley not being the coach.

I agree. Im pissed . Read the palm beach post. Hes talking about wanting too stay in miami but if someone offers more money and a starting job he might have too leave. Dude he reminds me so much of tmac when he was on the raptors. We just need to give him time. Hes awesome. I want him too start. Trade Marion for Bdavis and lets role. I love this squad. Ill give you Marion for Bdavis.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I agree. Im pissed . Read the palm beach post. Hes talking about wanting too stay in miami but if someone offers more money and a starting job he might have too leave. Dude he reminds me so much of tmac when he was on the raptors. We just need to give him time. Hes awesome. I want him too start. Trade Marion for Bdavis and lets role. I love this squad. Ill give you Marion for Bdavis.

It didn't take T-Mac 4 years to produce and Wright is still not living up to his potential, makes me wonder if he ever will...

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I think this is wright's year, Our new coach will give him a chance to play alot because he actually loves D.Wright!

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 06:09 AM
wright is a good bench option off the bench. he's quick and explosive and has improved his jump shot and defense over the years in case none of u noticed. yes pietrus would provide better matchups cuz of his strength and size, someone who doesnt know about basketball could tell u that. but this whole new uptemp style..wright could run the floor nicely. not to mention, it's hard to really hard to determine his skill when he'd have 4-5 nice games..go cold one game then riley would bench him for like 3 lol. he's slowly but surely improved on points and rebounds every year so he's on an incline not decline. to me i'd give him another year or two. even if he did ride the bench and was 3rd string,if someone goes down due to injury..u telling me u wouldt want him there?

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:59 AM
It didn't take T-Mac 4 years to produce and Wright is still not living up to his potential, makes me wonder if he ever will...

Riley played him stupidly. Wright will give a great year like he did last year when given good minutes. Awesome player. You will see mastermind. I watched all the games this year i know

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Wright to average 14-16 and 8 this year. We just need the right point guard to run our offense

daleja424
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Wright to average 14-16 and 8 this year. We just need the right point guard to run our offense

thats a little too optimistic don't you think considering as of now he will be coming off the bench and playing behind a guy that plays like 40 minutes a night???

fins08
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I would rather have Pietrus over Wright.

SwaggaIke
07-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Wright has been pulled at every chance possible. He's never been given a chance to have the starter spot w/o having to look over his shoulder. Young players need to be able to make mistakes and not be pulled out of the game for it and Wright has never had that opportunity. He's improved his rebounding, mid range game and defense over the course of his career and when given solid minutes he produced last year. How old is he? 23? Give him consistent 7th man minutes (if Haslem isn't traded) and watch him go to work in Spo's system.

ATX
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
While I cerainly wouldn't mind having Pietrus, I have to agree with SwaggaIke. Yes I know people will say that Wright hasn't shown me enough, but considering his youth and potential...I think he can learn a lot from Marion next year, and step right in as our starter once Marion leaves after next season. Pietrus is nice, but I'd much rather see Riley the MLE on a C.

fins08
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I wanna see him play. If he was as good as you say he was, wouldn't he of played? There was a reason behind it. Pietrus is a servicable bacjup. I wanna resign Dorrell, but I think Pietrus is a proven, better player. And with LA signing Davis and probably keeping Brand, look for him to return to his hometown.

_Sn1P3r_
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Whoa.. that's a little too much. I'd give him 8 and 4-5.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Wright has been pulled at every chance possible. He's never been given a chance to have the starter spot w/o having to look over his shoulder. Young players need to be able to make mistakes and not be pulled out of the game for it and Wright has never had that opportunity. He's improved his rebounding, mid range game and defense over the course of his career and when given solid minutes he produced last year. How old is he? 23? Give him consistent 7th man minutes (if Haslem isn't traded) and watch him go to work in Spo's system.

Thankyou obviously you are someone who has watched all the games like myself and not just watched highlights or looked at the box score. Wright will surprise everybody this year! Not me because i know whats up . Obviously you do 2:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM

Those are Kapono stats not Dorell Wright

fins08
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
If he starts it will be more than that. I could be wrong, maybe Wright has a breakout year. But, Marion, Haslem, Beasley, all likely now to not be traded, putting UD as 6th man. 2 SF's, the playing time not to come. Plus, Patrick O'Bryant was looked at by the Heat. Good fit?

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
wright is a good bench option off the bench. he's quick and explosive and has improved his jump shot and defense over the years in case none of u noticed. yes pietrus would provide better matchups cuz of his strength and size, someone who doesnt know about basketball could tell u that. but this whole new uptemp style..wright could run the floor nicely. not to mention, it's hard to really hard to determine his skill when he'd have 4-5 nice games..go cold one game then riley would bench him for like 3 lol. he's slowly but surely improved on points and rebounds every year so he's on an incline not decline. to me i'd give him another year or two. even if he did ride the bench and was 3rd string,if someone goes down due to injury..u telling me u wouldt want him there?

Smart man

DQL
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM

Well those are Wright's numbers last year (8/5) He must be better this year. I say 12/7