PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
One of the more interesting rumors floating around today is the possibility that Monta Ellis - a Warriors restricted free agent - could land in Miami to play alongside Dwyane Wade, Michael Beasley, and Shawn Marion. Ellis is an incredible talent, perhaps destined to be an All-Star, and may well command more than the Warriors are ultimately willing to match. The Heat are also trying to take care of Ricky Davis, and it's hard to see them getting both deals done. But between the two Ellis would be cheaper . . .and he has a lot more up side. If the Heat can out-bid the Warriors for Ellis' services it may put Davis on the open market, where he should draw plenty of attention.

doesnt this seem really really backwards...

noturnormalhero
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
sounds very doubtful for the Heat to get him but i wouldnt mind one bit if they did!! lol.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
sounds very doubtful for the Heat to get him but i wouldnt mind one bit if they did!! lol.

but doesnt it sound wierd... how they mention Davis would cost us more and Davis would be a hot object on the market... its those things that make me highly doubt the whole article...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Ellis
Wade
Marion
Beasley

Deadly Line-Up

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Ellis
Wade
Marion
Beasley

Deadly Line-Up
all we need is a decent C

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I don'r see how we exactl we are getting this cap space??? Maybe Darko/gay for marion/haslem and sign ellis...

Ellis/Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Cook
Gay/Wright
Beasley/Brown
Darko/Blount/Zo

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I dont know about getting Ellis, I mean I love his game but wont he take shots and plays away from wade and beasley??????? Like I said I would love for this to happend but there might not be enough ball's to go around.:confused:

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
i agree... and ellis isnt a great shooter. if we find the cap space somewhere Id rather go after smith or okafor or someone like that...

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
i agree... and ellis isnt a great shooter. if we find the cap space somewhere Id rather go after smith or okafor or someone like that...

Ellis shot 53.1% from the field last year...You must be refering to his 3 point game...and ya, that article is insane.

Link: Monta Ellis stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3966

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
^^^Ellis' mid range game is automatic...I rarely saw him shoot 3's but when he did it was money...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Ellis shot 53.1% from the field last year...You must be refering to his 3 point game...and ya, that article is insane.

Link: Monta Ellis stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3966

tony parker shoots over 50% too, but its mostly on layups... As a shooter Ellis isnt great... but he is dynamic...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
tony parker shoots over 50% too, but its mostly on layups... As a shooter Ellis isnt great... but he is dynamic...

Very!:D

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
But again, We will be in the same situtation with the rose thing! We would have 2 backcourt guys that are athletic but cant shoot the 3s.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
But again, We will be in the same situtation with the rose thing! We would have 2 backcourt guys that are athletic but cant shoot the 3s.

that wouldnt be a problem if we had beasley and brand tooo...

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Ellis has a great mid range game, I don't know what your talking about.

I'm not saying we should get Ellis, I never have...I'm just saying...

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
But his three's are not there.

Ellis has a great mid range game, I don't know what your talking about.

Master Mind

Practice makes perfect and Wades been working on his long range shot...Ellis isn't horrible either, he'll improve...

daleja424
ya very good midrange shooter! just not great range is all... but my opinion has changed since hearing about brand. Id take ellis in a heartbeat.

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM

I agree...He's more of a shooter than a distributor, and thats why you won't find any posts of mine advocating that he is the answer at point. Not that he isn't a great player, because he is. I'd just rather a pass first point who can hit the three...

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
ya very good midrange shooter! just not great range is all... but my opinion has changed since hearing about brand. Id take ellis in a heartbeat.

Daleja...what did I miss? What about Brand??

Ohhhh, he opted out. Wow...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Daleja...what did I miss? What about Brand??

he opted out and since he wants to come to miami as we already know... so im excited... just speculation but i wouldnt think he would opt out unless he knew something about a certain S/T to miami...

Master Mind
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
he opted out and since he wants to come to miami as we already know... so im excited... just speculation but i wouldnt think he would opt out unless he knew something about a certain S/T to miami...

I was thinking the same thing...

ATX
06-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Hmmm...You think? Makes sense...

So then Beasley would be moved to small forward? I guess if LA is going to lose Maggette, then why not bring in Marion and his fat expiring contract...

daleja424
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM
ya... i am thinking this... why on earth would he opt out unless he was planning on going to miami. form what i have heard Philly could only offer him 14 mil (not enough) and he wont want to go to memphis... so he must have a solid commitment from somebody that a S/T will happen and my money is on Pat Riley...

DQL
06-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Although I don't think Ellis will be a good fit, I'll be very happy if he comes to Miami. He's my top 10 favorite.