PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Telfair

GoneGuru
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
well, since hes not been offered a qualifying offer by minnesota, do you think that riley might want to get this guy?

as i remember, riley had him number 1 on his board, over nelson and wright, and had said to one of his associates when telfair was taken 5-10 spots earlier then anyone expected "there goes my whole summer" (this was on lazlo's show on 790 am a while ago), so let me just say...

do you think riley might try to get the guy he wanted in 2004 now... especially since we are still looking at point guards, and the supposed desire to leave cap room available for 2010, telfair could fall under the "dooling" clause, which means "young point guard with talent with bad jumpshot that seems to not get it, gets a chance and becomes really good" with that being said, what do u all think are the chances he lands in miami at a bargain price?

in my opinion, take a chance, he seems to have enough talent to merit a 1 or 2 year contract at a cheap price, this would also mean we would have to get rid of banks, who i think is more capable of running the point, but telfiar deserves alook in the very least from us.

thoughts?

fins08
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes, does the contract come w/ a pistol and an AK47 or whatever he likes. He is an diot. I hate million dollar atheletes that screw up when everybody else would love to be in his shoes. The guy is a nut case. Bad image for this team.

tbirds84
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
IMO, Telfair is a great player who has yet to proove himself, he was really never given a shot. i'm not going to lie, but Telfair is actually my favorite player (idk why, but he is). give him a shot, he will come cheap and he will obviously will be a lot cheaper than Marcus Banks. sign Telfair to a 1 or 2 year deal and see what he can do with players like Wade and Marion around him. if it doesn't work out, you can just cut him. i sure hope we can give a chance down here.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
dud we dont have money for all this crapola... I hear people talking about signing Livingston, Marbury, Telfair, etc... we have enough for one maybe two players... we cant afford to miss like we did with signing Smush last year. We dont have the money to sign these crappy PG's... we need big men!!!

brandonwarne52
06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, does the contract come w/ a pistol and an AK47 or whatever he likes. He is an diot. I hate million dollar atheletes that screw up when everybody else would love to be in his shoes. The guy is a nut case. Bad image for this team.

You guys had Ricky Davis last year. LMAO.....

Bassy Telfair was a solid citizen in the Twin Cities.

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I say no to this one!!!!:mad:

DQL
06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I'd rather start Chalmers

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Sign Telfair, he just became a Free Agent lol.

PG Telfair/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ????/Zo

sergiogon
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
look at the numbers of telfair 9.3 pts and 6 asis are better numbers than arroyo,duhon,dooling and lue.i known that is nota great 3 point shooter but for this chalmer is the man

BALLER71
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Sign Telfair, he's a very good PG for the fast break and he's a great passer.
Sign Telfair and Patrick O' Bryant.
However, he has 3 incidents with the Police.

boeknows
07-04-2008, 12:08 AM
well, since hes not been offered a qualifying offer by minnesota, do you think that riley might want to get this guy?

as i remember, riley had him number 1 on his board, over nelson and wright, and had said to one of his associates when telfair was taken 5-10 spots earlier then anyone expected "there goes my whole summer" (this was on lazlo's show on 790 am a while ago), so let me just say...

do you think riley might try to get the guy he wanted in 2004 now... especially since we are still looking at point guards, and the supposed desire to leave cap room available for 2010, telfair could fall under the "dooling" clause, which means "young point guard with talent with bad jumpshot that seems to not get it, gets a chance and becomes really good" with that being said, what do u all think are the chances he lands in miami at a bargain price?

in my opinion, take a chance, he seems to have enough talent to merit a 1 or 2 year contract at a cheap price, this would also mean we would have to get rid of banks, who i think is more capable of running the point, but telfiar deserves alook in the very least from us.

thoughts?

I doubt that he is going to come cheap. The only reason we didnt offer him a qualifying offer is because we didnt want to pay him 3.5 mil a season. I think if he signs for less than that it will be with us in minny.