PDA

View Full Version : Lebron chose BROOKLYN!

jmastert
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173)
"My favorite borough? Brooklyn," James said, choosing the proposed future home of the New Jersey Nets over the borough of Manhattan, where the Knicks play their home games. "Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

Lebron Says New York is his favorite city, AND his favorite borough is BROOKLYN OVER MANHATTAN...

ITS OVER LEBRON WANTS TO COME TO THE BROOKLYN NETS!!!!!

Iodine
06-30-2008, 07:56 PM
:pity:

I bet if the ****ing bucks offered him the most he would take there offer

jetsfan28
06-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Or maybe, and here is an absolutely crazy thought, he actually likes Brooklyn and it wasn't a statement about where he wants to go.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Or maybe, and here is an absolutely crazy thought, he actually likes Brooklyn and it wasn't a statement about where he wants to go.
Nah NBA players cannot have real life feeling JF you know that

lakers4sho
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Of course, wherever Jay-Z is, there he is also.

Joshtd1
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Of course, wherever Jay-Z is, there he is also.

What if Jay-Z is in Beyonce? :hide:

Spurred1
06-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Then I'm sure LeBron would like to go there as well.

LA_cabals
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
The writing is on the wall....

lakers4sho
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM

You are right!!! :up:

BTownTeamsRKing
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
cavs should trade lebron now and get full value.

trade to chicago or miami or anywhere bc he is leaving cleveland and its obvious all he wants is money and fame.

i dont even like cle, but this guy thinks he is God. trade his *** to some junk team and take their best young players while u still can.

this guy has no heart for the game.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
"My favorite borough? Brooklyn," James said, choosing the proposed future home of the New Jersey Nets over the borough of Manhattan, where the Knicks play their home games. "Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

Lebron Says New York is his favorite city, AND his favorite borough is BROOKLYN OVER MANHATTAN...

OMG! STFU! LOL! TTYL!

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
This is going to be the biggest decision of LeBron James if he will stay in Cleveland, or just play for a big market team in 2010, if the Cavs management aren't capable of giving him a decent supporting casts in the 2008-09 Season.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
He won't go... he has said he's loved cleveland for so long it gets old.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 08:58 PM
OMG! STFU! LOL! TTYL!

:laugh:

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 09:02 PM

trade to chicago or miami or anywhere bc he is leaving cleveland and its obvious all he wants is money and fame.

i dont even like cle, but this guy thinks he is God. trade his *** to some junk team and take their best young players while u still can.

First of all that is an idiotic posts, LeBron James is one of the main reason the Cavaliers advanced in the NBA Finals in 2007. He wants to win an NBA Championship in the near future, and i don't think Danny Ferry can provide him with some decent supporting casts that is capable of advancing in the NBA Finals.

Larry Bird had a great supporting casts in the 1980's
Magic Johnson had a superstar supporting casts while playing for the Showtime Lakers.
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman as his teammates during the Chicago Bulls Championship run in the 1990's.

While LeBron have nothing in Cleveland beside an aging Ben Wallace and Ilgauskas.

You're an idiot if you think that one Superstar can win an NBA Championship, and maybe you can asks Kevin Garnett on how he feels after wasting his prime while playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 09:14 PM
/\ are you saying that one person cannot take a team to the nba finals by himself?!

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
/\ are you saying that one person cannot take a team to the nba finals by himself?!

^^ One person cannot win an NBA Championship by himself, and LeBron James at age 22 already led the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, but they cannot beat a Superior team like the San Antonio Spurs because their personnel is better than the Cavs, and Popovich is a much better coach than Mike Brown.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Okay I'm with you on that then I thought you were saying know player can take a team to the finals. I was thinking wtf? Haha.

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
OMG! STFU! LOL! TTYL!

Haha.. great reaction.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Lol thank you :bow:

BTownTeamsRKing
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
your right. lebron has zero interest in being the king of new york. yea ok pal.

he just happens to have customized yankee basketball sneakers. his boy is Jay-z.

heres my main issue with this so called king. i understand he wants to win the title, HOWEVER he expects his team to build a championship team every year.

his expectations are so unbeleivable. he needs to shut up and work with wat hes got.

KG suffered for 10 years in minnesota without any talent around him. do not even mention spreewell. and he was STILL LOYAL after horrible season to minny.

lebron doesnt get to the finals this yr and now its get JO! get Redd! get VC!

he was crowned king without doing anything and this is the result. he wants money, fame, and who doesnt? but the way he shows his zero loyalty to cleveland is so disrespectful.

i beleive it was last yr wen he wore a yankee cap to an Indians game and i thought nothing of it. but the truth is, there is somethin behind it. this guy is the king of cleveland and he goes into a public place, (INDIANS PLAYOFF GAME) wearing a NY hat??? r u kidding me?? and then puts out a yankee sneaker? c'mon, he was zero loyalty to cleveland.

the money, fame, and everything he ever wanted is in Brooklyn. hes a great talent, but the guy needs to learn some respect to his home fans and the game.

as Micheal Irvin said about football, "do u love the game? or do u love wat the game has done for u?"

its obv which one is his real answer.

its not completely his fault. the nba gave him the nickname king james. wat do u think would happen if u give someone thats done NOTHING that nickname?

cavs should trade him and get his full value. they can get almost anything (not Kobe), but anything else.

he is GONE to NY as soon as he can. whether they or he admit it or not. might as well get somethin in return.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM

he just happens to have customized yankee basketball sneakers. his boy is Jay-z.

heres my main issue with this so called king. i understand he wants to win the title, HOWEVER he expects his team to build a championship team every year.

his expectations are so unbeleivable. he needs to shut up and work with wat hes got.

KG suffered for 10 years in minnesota without any talent around him. do not even mention spreewell. and he was STILL LOYAL after horrible season to minny.

he was crowned king without doing anything and this is the result. he wants money, fame, and who doesnt? but the way he shows his zero loyalty to cleveland is so disrespectful.

i beleive it was last yr wen he wore a yankee cap to an Indians game and i thought nothing of it. but the truth is, there is somethin behind it. this guy is the king of cleveland and he goes into a public place, (INDIANS PLAYOFF GAME) wearing a NY hat??? r u kidding me?? and then puts out a yankee sneaker? c'mon, he was zero loyalty to cleveland.

the money, fame, and everything he ever wanted is in Brooklyn. hes a great talent, but the guy needs to learn some respect to his home fans and the game.

as Micheal Irvin said about football, "do u love the game? or do u love wat the game has done for u?"

its not completely his fault. the nba gave him the nickname king james. wat do u think would happen if u give someone thats done NOTHING that nickname?

cavs should trade him and get his full value. they can get almost anything (not Kobe), but anything else.

he is GONE to NY as soon as he can. whether they or he admit it or not. might as well get somethin in return.

Your not my pal, I don't know you, so never call me that again.

ee
06-30-2008, 09:59 PM

this is actually what's crazy, if he keeps coming up with stuff like this, I'm sure cleaveland will just ship him elsewhere instead of getting nothing out of it...

ee
06-30-2008, 10:02 PM

STFU, I bet if he wants to go the the celtics you'll be drooling all over your keyboard.....

JJ_JKidd
06-30-2008, 10:18 PM

Same as me =)

Well I have all the respect for Bron after the Motown demolition job in 07, if hes moving out of Cleveland or not will depend mainly on whether the Cavs management can assemble a competitive team around him that can win a Title.

If he was moving to Brook just for money,dang!, hed be the most despised player not just in Cleveland but also in the whole world! Hometown hero turned-Mr. Money Talks.

infamous
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I think it's kind of immature to call someone (lbj), that this guy has no heart for the game. Why would you call him that? when he havent said anything about where he will be once he is a free agent. It's still 2 yrs from now when that decision will be made. What do you mean by no heart when he pours his best in the floor every night playing more than 48 mins a game and bringing the cavs to the finals for the first time. No heart for the game? :rolleyes: Its just a post of pure hate.

infamous
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Lebron is just sending a message to the cavs organization right now because they are not doing anything. Almost everyone is improving in the EAST except for the cavs.

JIDsanity
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM

:laugh:

MiamiHeatFan4ev
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
no way lebrons staying with the cavs i bet the owner wants him to stay forever now with cleveland if this happen u know i would feel sorry for the cavs fans.

Do0msday
06-30-2008, 11:03 PM
If he came to NY just for money then maybe everyone would finally get off of A-Rod's back.

Do it Lebron, come to NY! Wherever Jay-Z is..Beyonce follows ;)

QuaLiThADoN
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
:( i'd rather the nets move to newark then get lebron....... honestly.... i'd deal with a crappy team to have season tickets lol.........

chad311k9
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM

then Lebron is waiting in the corner for sloppy's.

Reezy
07-01-2008, 12:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqrPiAq8cA&feature=related

BostonPothead
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
STFU, I bet if he wants to go the the celtics you'll be drooling all over your keyboard.....

drooling????we just won a title without disloyal lebronze. We dont need em an wont ever....BANNER 18 NEXT YEAR BABY!!!!!!!

Do0msday
07-01-2008, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqrPiAq8cA&feature=related

Lol, I was thinking of that. You should have posted the re-mix of that though lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqkN8XsYtJI <-- classic

urnuttynut
07-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Cavs are built to lose and continue sucking....
The team outside of lebron is horrible. They got a few decent spot up shooters but that's it. Lebron is pretty much the point guard if you watch the games.
But the thing is, he's so damn good that the team does better than it should.... so they don't get a great lottery pick (although cavs do have a history of ****ty picks outside the no brainer that was lebron).

They tend not to do much in free agency, which i dont get because they do have a mid level. They best try to get someone like monta ellis through sign and trade just to get someone else who can create his own shot.

Mike Brown needs to also set an offense... a book of 5 plays would do cause a book of one play (Lebron, go to the top of the key and isolate) can only work so much over and over in the final quarter. Go inside more, I heard they got this decent 7'3 guy.....

U1timateCubsFan
07-01-2008, 02:38 AM
drooling????we just won a title without disloyal lebronze. We dont need em an wont ever....BANNER 18 NEXT YEAR BABY!!!!!!!

Man I enjoyed watching the Celtics resurgence but I can certainly see why people hate on Boston!! Some of you people just don't know when to stop...I get that you won a championship but quit bragging about it...it just makes people annoyed and start hating you. Be glad that you won instead of gloating over it every day. Guys like you make the whole fanbase look bad.

The Blue Baller
07-01-2008, 04:16 AM

So let me get this straight...

With absolutely no sources or concrete evidence, you determine that Lebron will leave Cleveland, no matter what happens in the next couple years, and thus deduce that he's a selfish, money hungry p.o.s. that has no heart... I guess I'll take your word for it...

I personally wonder why it's ok for fans to want to land big players to help their team, yet players that want the same thing are ridiculed? And how someone who has no heart for the game--doesn't care about it at all-- wants to get players to help win a championship?

Just curious, are you a Wizards fan by any chance?

Apophis
07-01-2008, 06:58 AM

You get all that cause he said Brooklyn is his favorite Borough?

He also said this..

I loved the Garden way before I got into the NBA," he said. "For some odd reason when I get to the Garden, I always play well. So they want me to do it for 41 games, instead of two games a year."

Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/06/30/2008-06-30_lebron_james_visits_new_york_with_team_u.html)

So by your reasoning.. It appears he rather play for the Knicks because he loves the Garden...

I think Lebron is just using the NY teams in order to get what he wants from Cleveland.. This is still two years away.. Who knows what moves the Cavs make by then...

innovator
07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
im gonna choose nets over cavs if im lebron too.... in 2010 devin harris,brook lopez,lebron james,marcus williams,sean williams,josh boone, and 2009 draft picks

LakeShow
07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
.. but he also said "For some reason when I get to [Madison Square] Garden, I always play well," James said yesterday. "So they want me to do it for 41 games instead of two games a year." And, "I have dreamed about playing well in this building [Madison Square Garden]," James said. "To me, it has overtaken anything I have dreamed about. To get a standing ovation in the greatest basketball arena in the world is a dream come true to me. It's one of the best things that have ever happened to me."

Looks like he's just messing with New Yorkers...

Badluck33
07-01-2008, 07:56 AM
:pity:

I bet if the ****ing bucks offered him the most he would take there offer

yeah dude. ok. put your crack pipe down. Chicago, LA or New York are his only destination if he leaves Cleveland. Yi didn't even want to be there because the city is unmarketable.

Sorry. The truth hurts.

Joshtd1
07-01-2008, 09:10 AM
im gonna choose nets over cavs if im lebron too.... in 2010 devin harris,brook lopez,lebron james,marcus williams,sean williams,josh boone, and 2009 draft picks

I really dont find that a whole lot better then the Cavs now..

The Cavs are built perfectly for LeBron..they are a defensive team. If they could just get a good solid 2nd option for LeBron, they would be fine IMO.

Lebron23
07-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I really dont find that a whole lot better then the Cavs now..

The Cavs are built perfectly for LeBron..they are a defensive team. If they could just get a good solid 2nd option for LeBron, they would be fine IMO.

Too Bad Danny Ferry is the Cavaliers GM, and i don't think he is capable of improving the Cavs roster this year.

kvrnm
07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
lebron consistently disrespects cleveland

Vending Machine
07-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Lebron is an oracle wizard.

Cromedome
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
The op is from Jersey.

NYtilIdie
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
yeah dude. ok. put your crack pipe down. Chicago, LA or New York are his only destination if he leaves Cleveland. Yi didn't even want to be there because the city is unmarketable.

Sorry. The truth hurts.

This is embarrassing.

jimm120
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Brooooklyn!!!!!!

It IS the best borough.

Uptown manhattan RUINS Manhattan. The Bronx is the worst. Queeens is just weak but has some good sections.. Staten Island...hahahaha. I guess for families that don't want to live in the NY experience.

Manhattan's midtown and downtown rule all. But overall, Brooklyn represents what NY really is: a huge cultural blend and peace...

jimm120
07-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Lebron is an oracle wizard.

wait...in 2008 we didn't know the Nets were going to Brooklyn?

I'm pretty sure we did know...

DoMeFavors
07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Pretty cool how in 2010 Heat,Clippers,Knicks,Nets talked to LeBron about playing for them and now all have superstars. Only cleveland doesnt.

xxplayerxx23
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Iriving will be if he already isnt considered^

ball4reel
07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Brooooklyn!!!!!!

It IS the best borough.

Uptown manhattan RUINS Manhattan. The Bronx is the worst. Queeens is just weak but has some good sections.. Staten Island...hahahaha. I guess for families that don't want to live in the NY experience.

Manhattan's midtown and downtown rule all. But overall, Brooklyn represents what NY really is: a huge cultural blend and peace...

Really???? Guess being from BK you would say that. To hahaha at Staten Is, the say the BX is the worst? Guess you dont venture out you BK zone often..:rolleyes:

Avenged
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Don't bump old threads.. Especially from 4 years ago.