PDA

View Full Version : Would the Indians make this deal....

douglyMichael
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
2B Brian Roberts
CL George Sherrill

for

SP Miller/Lofgren
1B Brown
OF Weglarz
SS Rodriguez
2B Goedert

Jpripper88
06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
If it is Lofgren then I would make that deal.

erich72
06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
If it is ever offered, but this ain't ever gonna take place. This is a fantasy trade, it just isn't realistic. However, if we look at it in that light, I say the Indians would be nuts not to. The only glitch is how long the Indians have them under contract. I would think it would have to be the next 2 years at least. I might be in the minority, but I think Weglarz could end up being a solid .290/25/110

douglyMichael
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
If it is Lofgren then I would make that deal.

That was my other question. Who would you rank higher? Obviously Miller has more talent, but can he ever beat the injury bug? There was a Roberts-to-the-Indians thread on Orioles Hangout over the offseason and most posters wanted Adam Miller back in any Roberts deal. Miller is no dealbreaker for me. We have a similar pitcher in Adam Loewen- tons of upside, but rarely healthy. I personally feel like the O's get the weaker end of that deal as guys like Mills and Hodges aren't included, but where the O's farm system is weak is in MI and OF, and not so much CI.

erich72
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll tell ya what, take Lofgren and I'll throw in Sowers. Remember Kelvim Escobar has a history of injuries, but when he pitches....... I'll take that anyday.

Jpripper88
06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
That was my other question. Who would you rank higher? Obviously Miller has more talent, but can he ever beat the injury bug? There was a Roberts-to-the-Indians thread on Orioles Hangout over the offseason and most posters wanted Adam Miller back in any Roberts deal. Miller is no dealbreaker for me. We have a similar pitcher in Adam Loewen- tons of upside, but rarely healthy. I personally feel like the O's get the weaker end of that deal as guys like Mills and Hodges aren't included, but where the O's farm system is weak is in MI and OF, and not so much CI.

As many Indians' fans on here know I do not like Lofgren at all and think he is at best a 5th starter. I would rather have Miller and hope he can get healthy.

douglyMichael
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Is A Cabrera untouchable? The O's need a SS badly!

ACrank
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
No.

For a team weak in middle infielder prospects trading a few of the ones the Indians have is a mistake.

As is trading Weglarz.

Jpripper88
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Is A Cabrera untouchable? The O's need a SS badly!

The way he is hitting in AAA and how he performed last season, I would say, yes. This is especially important because there is a chance that Peralta isn't an Indian next year and the Indians have no one else who can play SS.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
2B Brian Roberts
CL George Sherrill

for

SP Miller/Lofgren
1B Brown
OF Weglarz
SS Rodriguez
2B Goedert

No. We can't afford to lose all of that depth.

Although our prospects aren't overwhelming, we can't afford to deal away the ones that we actually do have. Substitute Gutierrez for Weglarz, & Barfield for Goedert/Rodriguez & we would do it.

Lofgren, Gutierrez, Barfield, Brown for Sherrill & Roberts. But that probably isn't enough to get the O's to bite.

douglyMichael
07-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Lofgren, Gutierrez, Barfield, Brown for Sherrill & Roberts. But that probably isn't enough to get the O's to bite.

I'd have to agree.

Jpripper88
07-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I'd have to agree.

Really I would be very surprised if the O's would do the first deal (even with Miller), but yeah they definitely wouldn't tale the revised one. Of the guys listed I only like Miller and Weglarz as guys with chances to be ML regulars and Miller's injury history puts that into serious question.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Really I would be very surprised if the O's would do the first deal (even with Miller), but yeah they definitely wouldn't tale the revised one. Of the guys listed I only like Miller and Weglarz as guys with chances to be ML regulars and Miller's injury history puts that into serious question.

Isn't Rodriguez our #7 prospect?

If so, I'd think that he would be expected to be a ML regular. :shrug:

erich72
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Milk just shot out my nose.......

erich72
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Josh Rodriguez had high hopes a few years ago but has not gotten back from his injury. He looks like a future UT to be honest. I apologize, I just found it funny that he was ranked that high in our system (doesn't speak to high of our prospects). I meant no disrespect. The players I am excited to watch grow are Hodges, Weglarz, Miller (both SP), Huff, De La Cruz, and Mills. There are a few more, I just haven't seen enough of them I am sure.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Josh Rodriguez had high hopes a few years ago but has not gotten back from his injury. He looks like a future UT to be honest. I apologize, I just found it funny that he was ranked that high in our system (doesn't speak to high of our prospects). I meant no disrespect. The players I am excited to watch grow are Hodges, Weglarz, Miller (both SP), Huff, De La Cruz, and Mills. There are a few more, I just haven't seen enough of them I am sure.

He's been healthy all season with the AA Akron Aeros this year.

Jpripper88
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Isn't Rodriguez our #7 prospect?

If so, I'd think that he would be expected to be a ML regular. :shrug:

According to whom? I wouldn't put him there (not really close to there). He may be to you or BA or BP, but there is no consensus on anyone really and certainly not him.

I checked BA and they ranked him #20 in the system. I have seen others with him top 10, but most lists I have seen have him somewhere in between there.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
According to whom? I wouldn't put him there (not really close to there). He may be to you or BA or BP, but there is no consensus on anyone really and certainly not him.

I checked BA and they ranked him #20 in the system. I have seen others with him top 10, but most lists I have seen have him somewhere in between there.

It wasn't BA, it was some list that someone posted a link to on PSD. I don't remember what the site was, but I believe he was #7 or 8.

I haven't personally seen him play enough to form an opinion on him.

erich72
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
He's been healthy all season with the AA Akron Aeros this year.

You can be healthy a whole year yet still never return to your pre-injury level. Was his serious drop in the draft not a result of his injury in college? I was happy to see the Indians take a flier on him, but he just hasn't returned to his old level of hype. Roster fodder at this point, UT player at best. I hope I'm wrong on that however.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
You can be healthy a whole year yet still never return to your pre-injury level. Was his serious drop in the draft not a result of his injury in college? I was happy to see the Indians take a flier on him, but he just hasn't returned to his old level of hype. Roster fodder at this point, UT player at best. I hope I'm wrong on that however.

I'm not doubting his ceiling, but he dominated in his second half of last season. I'm not sure if he will prove to be a second half player or not....Or if that was just a fluke...But he put up MVP type #'s in his 2nd half last year, although it was in the lower minors.