PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Update

Zoomlander
06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Dontrelle Willis Pitched 2 innings on sunday for the Lakeland Flying Tigers, giving up 1 hit, 1 earned run, while walking three......must be scared of the minor leaguers lol

MSK55
06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Walking three in two innings? In A-ball? Sheesh...that's not really the start Tigers fans were hoping for.

Bondomania
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
the box score doesn't really tell anything though. Yeah it shows performance, but we aren't looking for performance, we are looking at whether he could control his stuff, and from what i read, he was around the plate and showed some pretty solid control, despite walking three. The big thing for him will be whether he can repeat his delivery and be consistant

stanpapi
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Leyland doesn't sound terribly optimistic. I read something recently where he said he was just hoping the train could work himself back into a useable pitcher.

Bondomania
07-05-2008, 10:35 AM
yea, dontrelle is boning us hard right now, we really needed him to atleast be a 10 game winner this year, but it seems like he is completely de-railed, haha, get it... oh god, it is a slow saturday morning... yea leyland said that it wasn't the best news he heard, but he said that he had heard that he was better than he was up here... i mean it was kinda hard not to perform better.. i really think he just needs to shed like 20 pounds and that could be a big part of it... also i don't get what they are doing with dontrelle down there, and i think the tigers have completely screwed this one up. He needs to be on a mound as much as possible, and instead so far in the 2 or 3 weeks he has been in the minors, he has made one appearance for 2 innings of relief. Get the guy some starts for christ sake and allow him to get into live game action., that's the only way he is going to work himself back.

Dalionking
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
forget pitching, get him a bat and have become the next rick ankiel

Pujolsfan91
07-05-2008, 12:54 PM
forget pitching, get him a bat and have become the next rick ankiel

lol, that would work out great for the Tigers, though Ankiel might be 1 in a million who can do that.

Bondomania
07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
eh, Dontrelle has prooven throughout his time in the NL that he could hit, so it isn't the worst idea. The problem then is, where do you play him?

Sheffies Chef
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
left field. we need a more consistent left fielder if we are gonna be in the playoffs, thames is all or nothing, he either homers or k's. then again, maybe dtrain isn't that guy for left, but it'd be worth a shot if we get to below the
.500 mark. idk.

Dalionking
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
yeah he was the best hitter not named cabrera a couple years ago in florida

TheRedMarauder
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
An MRI exam Monday revealed that Dontrelle Willis has patella tendinitis in his right knee.

He received a cortisone injection and has been fitted for a brace. Willis is expected to return to Single-A Lakeland later this week. Whatever chance he had of rejoining the Tigers this season has likely been reduced quite a bit.

rotoworld

Unorthodox
07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Teams figured out his mechanics. Dontrelle was a one-year wonder anyway. When will people finally realize that? He belongs to stay in the minors.

stanpapi
07-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, this turned out to be a great trade. What are we left with? A guy learning to play 1B. Oh, what I'd give to undo this trade, the Renteria trade, the Sheff trade, the Guillen signing, the Pudge signing, and the Inge signing.

smarkow
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Stan, you're insane. Renteria trade, i agree with you 100%. Pudge signing...are you referring to the signing 4 years ago? or taking his option for the year. He was pretty much responsible for turning this franchise around. he came here when no one else would
Now the big one - undo the Cabrera/Willis deal. we traded two prospects for a pitcher thats now at A ball and a PROVEN PLAYER in Cabrera who is only 25 years old! I'll take the proven player, who is finally starting to hit well, over two prospects, one of which doesnt even have a place on this team right now. yea, cabrera is playing 1b rather than 3b, but he's playing 1b pretty damn well for a guy thats never played there before.
Guillen - i don't care what you say, but he's the most consistent player on the Tigers. Yea, he sucked at 3B for a while, but now is playing pretty darn well.

My take on you, stan, is that you're being negative for the sake of being negative. The tigers have the best record in baseball in the past month or so. it just so happens that the Twins and ChiSox have also had pretty damn good records as well. We're 7 games out of first place. we started the season 0-7, and it got MUCH worse from there.

Not that i'm projecting anything, but what will you say, Stan, if the tigers complete their comeback and win the division? I just can't believe how negative you continue to be with the way the Tigers have been playing for the last month +.