PDA

View Full Version : Enough with 2010

gregd111
06-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm sick of hearing about getting under the cap for 2010, and what Donnie should and should not do based on 2010.

Jesus, I find the probabilty of Lebron coming to the Knicks very small.

Chris Paul is on a great team and I doubt he leaves. Any one else isn't even worth being the league laughing stock for another 2 years.

The thought of a dominating FA coming here is very sexy, but I think its too risky to gamble on.

This plan can really screw up the franchise for many more years if it doesn't work.

I'm no basketball wiz but I think you guys can get my point. I'd like to pick up as much young talent and build team chemistry now.

KnicksFan4Years
06-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Personally, I think that 2010 is a red herring. I think Walsh said that to make the fans accept the fact that there were no big expectations except improvement in the short term. It gives something to the fans that they can clearly understand and fixate on, while taking the pressure off the coaching staff and players to work and improve. It also gives him license to make almost any kind of deal in the meantime because everyone is going to say well maybe that could help us land a big FA in 2010. I'm telling you the guy knows what he is doing.

gregd111
06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree a 100 % Donnie knows what he is doing, I just wish he would direct his knowledge towards being productive as much as possible now to pick up any young talent today and not worry about how the cap will be affected towards 2010.

If he's using this to throw off the fans, and starts making moves any way, that is stupid because it renders all the 2010 nonsense done.

And I think the media and fanbase is hyping all this 2010 crap up more then Donnie himself.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
2010 is a long shot at best if we are talking Lebron, Wade, Chris Bosh or CPS. 2 years from now we might not want to hand some of them max deals anyway depending on injuries and our own team among other various factors

gregd111
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry double post

Apophis
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm sick of hearing about getting under the cap for 2010, and what Donnie should and should not do based on 2010.

Chris Paul is on a great team and I doubt he leaves. Any one else isn't even worth being the league laughing stock for another 2 years.

The thought of a dominating FA coming here is very sexy, but I think its too risky to gamble on.

This plan can really screw up the franchise for many more years if it doesn't work.

I'm no basketball wiz but I think you guys can get my point. I'd like to pick up as much young talent and build team chemistry now.

It is those quick fixes that got us where we are now... If NY fans would have been patient years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess.. Everytime we get a new GM its how come this and how come that... Look at all the quick fixes that have been done in the past since we traded away Van Horn and them..

Walsh does have a plan.. He is not going to ruin his reputation by screwing up the Knicks.. He knows its a big task at hand and I feel that he would be able to handle it.. We just have to sit tight and relax... Things will come in place...

And lets say he does what you suggest and does the quick fix.. and then we stink... What would you say about Walsh? He would be cruicfied in the media and by many fans.. Then you will hear the Fire Donnie chants raining on the Garden...

By giving a time table he gives Knicks fans hope.. Hope is all we have right now.. It is why Dolan is no where to be found now, and Donnie has the reigns...

People already cruified the coach without him even getting a season in.. People preached defense but we tried that with Brown and all his different starting lineups... People were happy Zeke was coach and he did the same thing.. Many different lineups and tied Browns record..

Give our new coach a chance.. Give our new GM a chance.. Quick fixes do not work... They just patch things up for the time being , and then a couple of seasons down the road we are back in the same boat...

Just because we dont hear about moves being made, doesnt mean that they arent...

KNICKSFAN
06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
-Sighs- Knicks fans will always just try to win now, and get quick fixes. If they don't get what they want THIS VERY MOMENT, they will go crazy. So New York, I love it xD

29$JerZ
06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Time to Rebuild

Knicks Main Core

Nate + Franchise PG
Jamal + Backup SG
Wilson/Danillo/Renaldo
David/Jared
Eddy + Backup Center

That is wat we should be aiming for the next Year.

Forget 2010

KNICKSFAN
06-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Time to Rebuild

Knicks Main Core

Nate + Franchise PG
Jamal + Backup SG
Wilson/Danillo/Renaldo
David/Jared
Eddy + Backup Center

That is wat we should be aiming for the next Year.

Forget 2010

What I like about that is that they are all super young, like 25 and underish besides Jamal but we would have to give a lot of them up to get some decent players back. Especially this franchise PG, whoever that may be.

29$JerZ
06-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Out of all our Current Players I say the only one's who NEED to go are

Zach - Talented but I want Lee to Start and earn hi money
Jerome - No Comment
Quentin -I Want Wilson and Rooster to be our 2 main options at 3

Rose + Marbury will be gone regardless so I'm ok with both staying this year. I like both of them as well.

Nest Year's draft will be deep in PG's and whether we are a lottery Team or a playoff team I expect to draft a Pg to build on.

mr_badman
06-30-2008, 11:05 PM
i dont think people have a problem with the rebuilding. i think its more of an issue of is the 2:mad:1:mad: is realistic. i think most of the free agents are unattainable. and as far as i know or have heard there isnt a back up plan. thats my issue with the 2:mad:1:mad: crap.

still a fan
06-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Out of all our Current Players I say the only one's who NEED to go are

Zach - Talented but I want Lee to Start and earn hi money
Jerome - No Comment
Quentin -I Want Wilson and Rooster to be our 2 main options at 3

Rose + Marbury will be gone regardless so I'm ok with both staying this year. I like both of them as well.

Nest Year's draft will be deep in PG's and whether we are a lottery Team or a playoff team I expect to draft a Pg to build on.

I agree, but think Collins will need to go as well, he will not fit under Mike so why take up space??

As far as Rose and Marbury, again I agree but since they will be gone shortly: if Donnie can find value now or before the trade deadline that makes sense, then he has to pull the trigger. Marbury is a long shot because of his high salary, but you never know who needs a 31yr old PG if there is an injury or something!!!

gregd111
07-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I guess I've kind of misrepresented my feelings, I'm not looking for any type of quick fixes,

I just hope we can pick up young talent to start building around and to build team chemistry under D'Antoni.

It seems risky to put all our eggs into one basket. Ofcourse any quick moves that max out our cap even more obviously isn't what we need.

th2damax
07-01-2008, 02:29 AM
It is those quick fixes that got us where we are now... If NY fans would have been patient years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess.. .....

Walsh does have a plan.. ... He knows its a big task at hand and I feel that he would be able to handle it.. We just have to sit tight and relax... Things will come in place...

...........Give our new coach a chance.. Give our new GM a chance.. Quick fixes do not work... They just patch things up for the time being , and then a couple of seasons down the road we are back in the same boat...

THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm so glad that he is doing things the right way and not listening to the ALL WISE NY Fans!!!

So what if we don't get a superstar free agent! It makes financial sense to get under the cap! Not being under the cap since trading Ewing, instead of letting his contract expire as a KNICK, is what has got us into this mess! Go DW! There will be a lot we could do with that flexibility and the fact that this is NY!!! Believe me we will get players!!! And we will have a team again!!!

But what if!! Remember all the posturing Jerry West did to get ShaQ in LA! ... now he is consider one of the best GM's ever!

Plus who's to say we can't get under the cap and get young talented players now. Young, talented players don't cost as much as proven Vets & Superstars, we could still do that until the big pay day!!

Look! What are you worried about we CAN'T be any worse than we were last year! We are already better, with Coach D' and Daddy DW ... and we are posturing ourselves for the potential to be MUCH better!!!

I am so excited to see the upcoming moves both for now and the future that DW makes! Relax yall .... WE'RE COMING BACK!!

THE MTL
07-01-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree, but think Collins will need to go as well, he will not fit under Mike so why take up space??

As far as Rose and Marbury, again I agree but since they will be gone shortly: if Donnie can find value now or before the trade deadline that makes sense, then he has to pull the trigger. Marbury is a long shot because of his high salary, but you never know who needs a 31yr old PG if there is an injury or something!!!

Shouldnt Collins be gone this season??? Rookies have 2 year contracts with team options for the 3rd and 4th year. Mardy would be going into his third year; therefore Knicks shouldnt pick up the option.

Apophis
07-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Look! What are you worried about we CAN'T be any worse than we were last year! We are already better, with Coach D' and Daddy DW ... and we are posturing ourselves for the potential to be MUCH better!!!
I am so excited to see the upcoming moves both for now and the future that DW makes! Relax yall .... WE'RE COMING BACK!!

I agree , I am being very optimisitc about the Knicks this season.. I know that we are moving in the right direction.... Alot of these trade rumors are just that.. Rumors... Nothing is a fact.. We always hear one side of the story where there are 3.. Our side, Their Side and The Truth.. I am sure moves will be made and they will put out a product on the court that will be to our liking...

As a Yankees, Giants and Rangers fan.. I know what it is to be patient...

SUPERBOWL CHAMPS NY GIANTS!!!!:dance:

I know that was a shameless plug but I couldnt help myself :)

THE MTL
07-01-2008, 02:50 AM

I honestly believe that these 2010 FA (Lebron/Paul/Wade/Bosh) are all staying with their respective teams. These are franchise players and they stay with their franchise. This new trend of superstars over 30 believing that deserve to be traded to a contending team is just a trend. Kidd/Garnett/Pierce/etc. all did it at the same time. Its a trend.

I just like being under the cap for the flexibility. Its just good to not have to worry about salaries in a trade or free agency. Knicks (unlike teams usually under cap like Bobcats/Grizzlies/Clippers) will thrive under the cap.

It's about freedom and the opportunity to rebuild a team the right way.

th2damax
07-01-2008, 03:04 AM
i dont think people have a problem with the rebuilding. i think its more of an issue of is the 2:mad:1:mad: is realistic. i think most of the free agents are unattainable. and as far as i know or have heard there isnt a back up plan. thats my issue with the 2:mad:1:mad: crap.

Of course there is a backup plan! Walsh is one of the best in the business. You think he doesn't have a back up plan? Look at the draft! He wanted Westbrook, he was gone. He wanted to trade Dlee and Rose for the 5 pick....to try to get OJ Mayo, he wasn't able to .....he had a back up plan ... Danilo, the Italian Stallion!

He looks really good, I think he'll work out good. Hope it translates to the League. 4 years pro experience, Europe Super Star compared to all these freshman coming out of college after one year.

I think we'll do quite well.

th2damax
07-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Knicks (unlike teams usually under cap like Bobcats/Grizzlies/Clippers) will thrive under the cap.

ABSOLUTElY!!!!!

mr_badman
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Of course there is a backup plan! Walsh is one of the best in the business. You think he doesn't have a back up plan? Look at the draft! He wanted Westbrook, he was gone. He wanted to trade Dlee and Rose for the 5 pick....to try to get OJ Mayo, he wasn't able to .....he had a back up plan ... Danilo, the Italian Stallion!

He looks really good, I think he'll work out good. Hope it translates to the League. 4 years pro experience, Europe Super Star compared to all these freshman coming out of college after one year.

I think we'll do quite well.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: what are you talking about. we had to draft a player so some sort of move was mandatory. next you will tell me making the payers go on the court to play his d:mad:nnies genius. all we have seen has been video highlight clips of dani. now while i dont hate the pick i probably would have went in a different direction. i dont watch euro ball or to much college ball either so i cant give a fair assessment on the draft pick and i wont try too. im good with the pick. but as for back up plans if 2:pity:1:pity: flops, i have heard none of it. the only fa worth waiting for is LJ & cp3. everyone will be after them and its a real crap shoot to land either of them. after them the rest of the fa's we dont have to suck 2 more years waiting for. we wont even have to get under the cap for them. most of them will be old :injury: suck:speechless:s by then on their last legs. 2:mad:1:mad: is not worth the wait. it will be an attempt at a quick fix in the future. we should be rebuilding right now :bang: instead of waiting 2 years to start rebuilding...