PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart???

roygconner
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
what about a trade of K-mart to Clevland for Wally Szczerbiak? Szczerbiak's contract expires after next year so we would get out from that contract two years earlier, and K-Mart would be a beast in the East with all the smaller PF's.

Or we could look at Indiana and trade K-mart for Tinsley and Dunleavy (whose contracts expire at the same time as K-mart) This would just be a trade of bad contracts while adding players (if healthy) that can help both teams.

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
K-Mart costs 13 mill bro.

That's why it's very hard to trade someone like him. Our only hope is for his contract to expire or for him to get better...

Wally Szczerbiak? No way. His defense sucks. His ballhandling skills are terrible. His jumpshot is falling off.

I have seen Wally.

No thanks.

roygconner
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
K-Mart costs 13 mill bro.

That's why it's very hard to trade someone like him. Our only hope is for his contract to expire or for him to get better...

Wally Szczerbiak? No way. His defense sucks. His ballhandling skills are terrible. His jumpshot is falling off.

I have seen Wally.

No thanks.

Im not saying add Wally to make us better next year, im saying get Wally to get rid of the contract after next season.

Afridi786
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Drew Gooden is better than K-Mart...and they wanted to trade Gooden for awhile before they eventually did.

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
The Nets just rejected an offer of Szcczerbiak for VC, so apparently that's the kind of value the Cavs are seeking in return for him. But Wally's really a SF, so that really creates a glut at the 3 for us.

From their roster, I'd most like to nab West.

roygconner
06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
The Nets just rejected an offer of Szcczerbiak for VC, so apparently that's the kind of value the Cavs are seeking in return for him. But Wally's really a SF, so that really creates a glut at the 3 for us.

From their roster, I'd most like to nab West.

I agree with you... I am just throwing the Martin thing out their if we wanted to get rid of salary.

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree with you... I am just throwing the Martin thing out their if we wanted to get rid of salary.

Well, I would say this:

IF the Camby-Hinrich thing was happening, and IF we were planning on trading LK and, say, packaging him with Hunter and/or Atkins to land a good big, and IF in addition to that we were planning on using our MLE to land another good new big, I'd be all for it:

Hinrich/Green
AI/JR/Weems
Melo/Wally
Nene/new big #1
new big#2/Nene

Not bad, and when AI and Wally both came off the books next season (to the tune of about $33 million), we'd be starting with:

Hinrich
JR
Melo
Nene/?
Nene/?

and be in MUCH better shape financially to keep doing some proper building around that core.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
06-30-2008, 10:58 PM
If Denver doesn't like his salary why would the Cavs? He isn't worth the contract and wally's contract free's up money for the Cavs they aren't just going to trade him for garbage......

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 11:01 PM
If Denver doesn't like his salary why would the Cavs? He isn't worth the contract and wally's contract free's up money for the Cavs tehy aren't just going to trade him for garbage......

Well he has a bad contract but he's far from being a garbage player. This is not a Kwame Brown situation for Denver. I think we could have a better fit at PF, but LBJ and K together would be the sickest dunking frontcourt combo in the league, especially if the Cavs land a point who can really dish it out.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Well he has a bad contract but he's far from being a garbage player. This is not a Kwame Brown situation for Denver. I think we could have a better fit at PF, but LBJ and K together would be the sickest dunking frontcourt combo in the league, especially if the Cavs land a point who can really dish it out.

Ok maybe not garbage he still has it in him but just don't see the Cavs tradeing for him:
1. We are better off keeping Wally and letting his contract "fall off the books"
2. Martin's contract is just to much especially for the risk of injury prone seasons.