PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill: Cook pushing Favre to play in '08?

Rtardz
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
if this is remotely true it makes me mad to think that Cook only cares about his wallet. Without Favre no ten percent for him or whatever he makes.

COOK PUSHING FAVRE TO PLAY?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 30, 2008, 11:52 a.m.

Though the precise discussions between “retired” quarterback Brett Favre and his agent, Bus Cook, likely are known only to Favre and Cook, some league insiders are assuming that Cook is pushing Favre to play in 2008.

The assumption is based on a perception that Cook has been yapping openly (but not yet publicly) about Favre’s supposed desire to play in 2008. Because Favre seems, at least superficially, to be content with the notion of retirement, the assumption then is that Cook is trying to get Favre to change his mind and unretire.

Cook said in the immediate wake of Favre’s decision to retire that Cook thinks Favre wanted to play in 2008, but that Favre believed the Packers didn’t want him to return. There also was a report from Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times of Cook quietly shopping Favre via trade, and we later confirmed that report.

If Favre would decide to play, his options would be to play for the Packers or no one. As to the Packers, the options would to welcome him back (and pay him an eight-figure base salary), trade him, or cut him loose.

We’re not saying that Favre is going to play. But we are saying that Cook is saying that Favre wants to play. Whether that’s true or not – and, more importantly, whether Favre acts on it — remains to be seen

gbpack415
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
This just shows how much sports has to do with money. According to this report it sounds like Cook just wants the dough and if Favre wants to come back that would mean Cook would get a chunk of that. It just sickens me.

hughest4
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I really honestly don't think that Brett Favre wants to play anymore and Bus Cook is starting to really annoy me. It seems like he just isnt ready to give up on Favre and i would dislike him even more if it really was all about the money. Even though Favre and McNair retired he still should be making plenty of money. He represents guys like Jay Cutler, Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, David Stewart, and 20+ other NFL players

SamG187
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I wish everybody would stop speculating about this..If he wants to come back he'll come back..He's a big boy he can make decision on his own. He doesnt need Cook's approval or "push" or anything else from this guy..He's Brett Favre and as far as I'm concerned can do what ever the hell he wants.

beast
06-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I really honestly don't think that Brett Favre wants to play anymore and Bus Cook is starting to really annoy me. It seems like he just isnt ready to give up on Favre and i would dislike him even more if it really was all about the money. Even though Favre and McNair retired he still should be making plenty of money. He represents guys like Jay Cutler, Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, David Stewart, and 20+ other NFL players

I think Favre wants to play, but he doesn't want to put the work in during the week that he knows and feels he would have to be respectful to his team, because he would feel nothing but he's best would be respectful, and he's not willing to do the off the field work, that he thinks a players should and needs to.

And remember this is a guy that said he was going to retire after the 2001 season, but keep playing. So the guy did play longer than he said.

OnWisconsin2007
06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
This would be the perfect Hollywood story though: Brett Favre comes up just short, and retires. In a stunning move he comes back for one more year, and leads GB to a SB Victory, driving the team 84 yards in 1:49 seconds, culminating with Favre underhand flipping a 12 yard pass to Donald Driver just before being sacked with 7 seconds left to win the SB.

Ok, I can dream.

ryanph30
06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Let it go....let it go.... :cry:

mortgageman
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Still be fun to see #4 back

twelvePack
06-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Do you honestly thing Cook cares if Favre plays or not????? Cook represents enough other players, and makes enough money that he doesn't give a **** if Favre plays another game. The only reason this rumor got started is because Favre didn't want to retire in the first place. I knew he didn't want to, and anybody with a half of a brain knew something didn't add up by the way his whole retirement went down. Cook is just carrying out Favre's orders. There is no way Cook would be shopping Favre around, unless Favre told Cook that he wanted to play.

newdude
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Do you honestly thing Cook cares if Favre plays or not????? Cook represents enough other players, and makes enough money that he doesn't give a **** if Favre plays another game. The only reason this rumor got started is because Favre didn't want to retire in the first place. I knew he didn't want to, and anybody with a half of a brain knew something didn't add up by the way his whole retirement went down. Cook is just carrying out Favre's orders. There is no way Cook would be shopping Favre around, unless Favre told Cook that he wanted to play.

I somewhat agree with u, but none of us can say for a fact what happen behind closed doors. For all we know TT demanded Favre to retire:p, jk, but still who knows. But it would make my day if he comes back.

bogmon
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I do think that there was bit of a push from a management standpoint to see Brett go. Not directly, but with the youth movement happening all around and then blowing the NFC Championship on a patented Favre choke play (be honest with yourselves...it was!) I think Brett just looked in the mirror and said to himself " Do I wanna go out now with respect and dignity, or do I wanna retire a broken old has-been with nothing but a highlight reel of the good ole' days to remember me by".....

Of course he wants to play......but he won't. He has more sense than to come back after the team has shifted gears like this....

But......I do think they are sitting on some cap money in case Rodgers legs don't hold up this year!

BRING ON THE A-ROD ERA......NO LOOKING BACK!

newdude
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't get the whole A-Rod ERA thing. We don't know if he's gonna be good or even play a full season yet. Hell, he might not even start the season (anything could happen between now till opener), so ppl shouldn't dub this season the A-Rod era......at least not now anyway......./Rant

servais77
06-30-2008, 11:55 PM
I am still keeping the movie rights on the following story line:

A-Rod gets hurt week 4.....Favre unretires and leads the Pack to the Super Bowl with a win in the metrodome on the way there. Bus Cook gets happy ending from Korean Massage. End of story.

socalpkrbkr
07-01-2008, 12:49 AM
It isn’t over until he’s out of the game for at least a full season. Anything is possible.:sigh:

hughest4
07-01-2008, 06:03 AM
I dont know man, i'm not all for that Favre coming back in the middle of the season to lead us to the Super Bowl. Sure its a great story and would be cool, but is it really that realistic? I'm not sure what kind of football shape he would be in and i don't think it would be that great of an idea if he came back out of shape

RcrkllrH2
07-01-2008, 09:08 AM
isnt there a year wait if you come back from retirement anyway?

even if he wanted to come back...it would have to be next year i think

SamG187
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
isnt there a year wait if you come back from retirement anyway?

even if he wanted to come back...it would have to be next year i think

Really there might be, but he never turned in his papers so hes not even officailly retired...With that being said im not counting on his return and ready to move on, im a huge Favre fan and hate that he's retired, but I think it would take something like his family to beg him to play again cuz I feel those are the only people he would listen to to consider it, not Cook

Rtardz
07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
He wouldnt have to wait, he could legally still come back this year if he wanted to.

RcrkllrH2
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
ah ok...just curious

i remember when ricky tried to come back for the fins he had to wait a year

but i think you guys are right in that he hasnt done his papers yet, and thats how he could come straight back.

newdude
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
ah ok...just curious

i remember when ricky tried to come back for the fins he had to wait a year

but i think you guys are right in that he hasnt done his papers yet, and thats how he could come straight back.

That's bcuz Ricky failed a drug test, if I remember correctly, for like the billionth time. That was a waste of talent, he was a cool player, but instead turn towards :smoking:

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 01:34 AM
:shrug:
I still want it to happen!

newdude
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
:shrug:
I still want it to happen!

Ur not the only one:hi5:

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
That's bcuz Ricky failed a drug test, if I remember correctly, for like the billionth time. That was a waste of talent, he was a cool player, but instead turn towards :smoking:

lol no that was the second time he was suspended....then again...with ricky who can keep track anymore?