PDA

View Full Version : Rumor thread

Iceman_24_05
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I live in Colorado and it is real hard to get any sort of decent info out here. Was wondering if 680 or 790 or even the AJC were talking about moves being made with the deadline approaching. Thanks for your help it would be greatly appreciated.

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
might as well make this a rumor thread. put it to good use.

according to mlb trade rumors

Jays Shopping Burnett For Shortstop
By Tim Dierkes [July 3 at 2:23pm CST]
According to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun, the Blue Jays are shopping starter A.J. Burnett for a shortstop. Elliott notes that the Phillies and Orioles have had scouts at recent Burnett starts. Neither of those organizations figures to match up on the shortstop front though.

Any contenders with an MLB-ready shortstop to spare? The Cubs have Ronny Cedeno, who may or may not have a future as a regular. The Brewers have J.J. Hardy and Alcides Escobar in the organization. The Braves have Brent Lillibridge, and the Dodgers have Chin-lung Hu. The Dodgers might need to hang on to Hu, however.

liking a lilli for burnett possibility? we may have to throw in a couple more players but it is interesting.

Plenty of teams need relievers, and the Mariners have a few. Baker names Mark Lowe, Sean Green, and Arthur Rhodes as available parties. Just about any team in contention might be interested, though Baker names the Braves and the Rays.
section under "selling off the mariners"

I like sean green, with the lefties we have in our pen we need a righty reliever that can actually get righties out. green would be a very nice addition.

thoughts?

Atl_Takeover
07-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I would trade Burnett for Lillibridge and maybe a couple of players only if we could agree on a new contract.

jdiddy24
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
i like Green... but forget Burnett... he is really inconsistent... he can shut out the opposing team one day, then give up 6 ER through 5 in the next...dont want him.

Here's what I would love in a perfect world... offer Tex a contract... if he declines... trade him for ML ready specs (TB, BOS, NYY)
TB- Tex for Sonnestine, Hinske, and a pen arm/spec
NYY- Tex, Chuck James, and Diaz/Blanco/BJ for Kennedy, Hughes, and Melky
BOS- Tex for Masterson and a spec

in addition to that... trade for Pirates Nady... solid RH bat that can play LF or 1B for us. A mid-level spec or something should get that done (Sammons and some crap)

I think if we could do both... we would still be in the hunt this season and be poised with a good young rotation for the future... Replace Tex with Nady in the lineup and pray Frenchy turns it around late... plus add a young arm to the rotation (sonnestine, hughes, kennedy, masterson, etc) with moving Campillo back to the bullpen... and then get Glavine and possibly Hampton back.... we could look like a whole new team and possibly sneak into the playoffs without having to worry about Tex leaving in the offseason.

jstwannawin
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
^^^^^ not that good of trades sonnestine has alot of wins but era is high and we are having problems scoring runs hinske lucky year

kennedy and hughes 0-7 this season not enugh to sneak into playoffs and cabrera not that good

and i want more than masterson and another player we cant just give tex away i want a good amount of players back

and nady lucky season, and live near where nady played before he cant handle the ability to be on a good team

jmtapia
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Burnett would be an interesting pick up indeed. The only problem is that the Cubs will pursue him agressively most likely. But lets say we were able to have them take Lilli.

The thing i like about Burnett the most is his splits away from Toronto.
Away: 3.94 ERA 8.5 K/9 .225 BA
Home: 5.75 ERA 10 K/9 .292 BA

He can obviously still make people miss. He has troubles pitching at home. Not sure why maybe the Dome has something to do with it.

IMO it would take more then just Lilli. But a Burnett for Lilli trade would no doubt happen with the quickness....at least from the Braves behalf.

jmtapia
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
When your trading you need to know whom your trading and more importantly tom whom your trading. In the case of the Rays. We need to realize two things.

1. They arent used to winning.
2. They have the best Farm in the league.
3. What are the Braves needs.

Rays will be desperate to add another couple pieces. If the Braves decide to trade our Slugger to them you better bet Wren is going to take advantage of the three points above. I can see a deal like this:

Ray get:

Mark Teixeira

Braves get:

Wade Davis
Desmond Jennings
Jeff Niemann

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Burnett would be an interesting pick up indeed. The only problem is that the Cubs will pursue him agressively most likely. But lets say we were able to have them take Lilli.

The thing i like about Burnett the most is his splits away from Toronto.
Away: 3.94 ERA 8.5 K/9 .225 BA
Home: 5.75 ERA 10 K/9 .292 BA

He can obviously still make people miss. He has troubles pitching at home. Not sure why maybe the Dome has something to do with it.

IMO it would take more then just Lilli. But a Burnett for Lilli trade would no doubt happen with the quickness....at least from the Braves behalf.and he would be that veteran you would like in the rotation, no more rotation composed of rookies.

what do you think our chances are in getting green? I believe he would be a very nice upgrade in our pen, and what would it take to get him?

jdiddy24
07-03-2008, 10:01 PM
^^^^^ not that good of trades sonnestine has alot of wins but era is high and we are having problems scoring runs hinske lucky year

kennedy and hughes 0-7 this season not enugh to sneak into playoffs and cabrera not that good

and i want more than masterson and another player we cant just give tex away i want a good amount of players back

and nady lucky season, and live near where nady played before he cant handle the ability to be on a good team

so you dont want Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Melky for Tex because they are struggling in the biggest market in the US in their rookie season?... makes sense.... why would we want two young stud arms and a solid OF for Tex who will leave us in the offseason? Sonnestine is a really good young arm and Hinske would replace Tex at first... then add Wade Davis or something to the mix... also a great trade for us. And Masterson is another great young arm... add someone like Lars Anderson to that and we get another great deal... Are you aware Tex is probably leaving at the end of the season and we will just get compensatory picks? its not about amount of players we get back... its about quality.

BRAVE KID
07-11-2008, 05:01 AM
The Braves still haven't made the buy/sell decision. If they buy, Xavier Nady is the top target. If they sell, Mark Teixeira is the best chip. Apparently Scott Boras is talking about $23MM per year for Tex this winter. mlb trade rumors

according to jasyon stark on ESPN, "nady is clearly on top of our wish list" if we buy. So apparently we are going to pursue him more than bay, maybe b/c we think we can get him cheaper.

the guy is having a good season, that OBP is a fluke, is going to help with SLG, hits .318 off lefties, hits .340 away from pittsburgh, thoughts?

tcro24
07-11-2008, 07:16 AM
mlb trade rumors

according to jasyon stark on ESPN, "nady is clearly on top of our wish list" if we buy. So apparently we are going to pursue him more than bay, maybe b/c we think we can get him cheaper.

the guy is having a good season, that OBP is a fluke, is going to help with SLG, hits .318 off lefties, hits .340 away from pittsburgh, thoughts?

If the Braves are looking at a run this year only, Nady makes good sense. He is having a nice season; however, in past seasons he's not been the player he has been this year. I really think it all hinges on Teixeira. If Wren feels he has a good shot at signing Tex (which I think he does), then I'm cool with a Nady trade. If Wren feels he can not sign Tex, I would prefer to give up more and persue a Jason Bay deal to bolster the line up not only this season, but also next.

nps6724
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM

Actually, his OBP is usually 50 points give-or-take above his BA, so it's right where it should be. He's just hitting for a higher BA than normal (.320). I like that he doesn't SO much and he's a decent power hitter. He will give you some HR, but mostly doubles. Looking at his numbers, his end-of-the-year totals are similar to Frenchy's last year in the power department. He's going to have over 40 2B and around 20 HR with a good BA and he could put up some good RBI numbers on a better team (PIT is 16th in the majors in OBP).

And you know, Nady and Bay are the same age (Nady is 2 months younger) and while Bay's career numbers are considerably better (mostly due to playing everyday for 5 years compared to Nady never starting a full slate), Nady will be cheaper to get and sign and there's isn't a big dropoff in talent or output. If we can get Nady and sign him, I'd love to have him in LF for a year or 2.

Bay's career BA, OBP, and SLG have all been bolstered by 2 very good back-to-back seasons in '05 and '06, numbers that he hasn't even approached at any other time. His BA, OBP, 2B, HR, and RBI in those 2 years are much higher than any other season he's had. This year he is doing well again, so it will only increase his cost. Another consideration is their defense. Bay is TERRIBLE in LF (remember when we played PIT at home the 1st week of the season and he completely missed a popup that helped us come back from like 5 runs down?) while Nady is a good defensive player with a good arm. Bay also can't hit lefties, which is what has given us trouble.

If we can get him, he could really help our lineup by giving us another contact hitter who hits 2B and lefties.

ugafan
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm an ESPN Insider, so I get all the rumors, I'll post all of the new ones involving the Braves, only one since last time I checked.

Braves shifting focus to left field
According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Atlanta Braves have shifted their focus from improving their starting rotation to finding a left fielder. Sources from other clubs have said that the Braves are only considering guys who would represent another "certified threat" in their lineup.
Raul Ibanez, Jason Bay and Xavier Nady are some names that Stark suggests could be potential targets. Matt Holliday appears to be too expensive for the Braves, especially considering how much they gave up last summer for Mark Teixeira.

ugafan
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
And guests, I see you, sign up now!

bravesatl
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
If the Braves are looking at a run this year only, Nady makes good sense. He is having a nice season; however, in past seasons he's not been the player he has been this year.

yeah but nady hasnt ever really been a full-time everyday starter like he is now in pitt, and everybody can see he is doing really well so he'd be a great get, as long as he can play LF....he's putting up great #s in pitt, they'd probly be higher here in ATL with a better offense....but now that blanco is gettin his groove in the leadoff spot and playing LF, i'm not sure we are looking at a LFer so much anymore....

burnett doesnt interest me much, look at his #s, they're not too good for a pitcher thats making over $13mil....IMO we should try to get guthrie from BAL, if he pitches for a good team then he could be an all-star no doubt....

tcro24
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah but nady hasnt ever really been a full-time everyday starter like he is now in pitt, and everybody can see he is doing really well so he'd be a great get, as long as he can play LF....he's putting up great #s in pitt, they'd probly be higher here in ATL with a better offense....but now that blanco is gettin his groove in the leadoff spot and playing LF, i'm not sure we are looking at a LFer so much anymore....

burnett doesnt interest me much, look at his #s, they're not too good for a pitcher thats making over $13mil....IMO we should try to get guthrie from BAL, if he pitches for a good team then he could be an all-star no doubt....

Have you watched the Braves play? I don't think Atlanta's got a better offense than anyone.

BravesFever
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
why is it to trade for someone like nady it will cost someone like lilli and maybe more. However for the braves to trade Tex they can not expect to get someone alot better then lilli plus other prospects.

bravesatl
07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Have you watched the Braves play? I don't think Atlanta's got a better offense than anyone.

i've watched every game this season....let's compare:

blanco
yunel
chipper
tex
bmac
kelly
francoeur
kotsay
P

mclouth
sanchez
doumit
bay
nady
laroche
bautista
P
wilson

our offense performing like it should beats pitt's anyday....

Bobby Cox
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
offer tex a contract by the deadline or trade him.... i dont see what the issue is

robdogg035
07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
our offense performing like it should beats pitt's anyday....

The problem is they aren't

nps6724
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, if our offense performed like it should, we'd be Top 3 in every offensive category, be 3+ games in 1st place, and wouldn't even need to get another LF.

Coach100
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I like Nady. I think he is finging a good rhythem from finally playing everyday, all year. He would be a great addition tothe lineup. McCann and Nady could flip-flip 5-6 and leave Frenchy at 7 and Johnson at 8. I know that is low for Johnson, but it gives Frenchy a little protection, plus makes the line-up really deep.

Also, if Nady was gotten, I think the Braves could use Kotsay as part of another deal to get another solid RP. Then Blanco can keep leading off and Diaz or B. Jones would be the 4th OF.

Just some thoughts.

BravesRule1980
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Hate to say it guys, but I think the Braves will be in a selling mode. At 20-23 mil per season, no way the Braves are paying that kind of money with no pitching help in the near future. You waste years with Tex waiting on Hanson to get ready only to have Chipper retire and then no money to pursue another slugger. Tex and Hudson are our two most attractive bargaining chips and we can get some nice major league ready talent in exchange. The Red Sox, Angels, and Yankees have these types of players ready and all three want Tex. The teams who just lost out on Sabathia and Hardin are going to be looking for a SP and Hudson will have mass trade value because he is having a great season and should have 14 wins by now with some run support. The Braves have time. They play the Phillies and Marlins the week leading into the Trade deadline. If they are 6.5 or more games back after those games, then its time to sell.

Coach100
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I think the magic number is 5 or 6 games back.

I do agree that Hudson will have major trade value, but the only way I can see the Braves dealing him is if they got back a guy they know can be 1 or 2 in the rotation next year (either for Tex or Huddy) If they didn't get that arm back they would have to sign 2 top line pitchers, would be as expensive as keeping Hudson and signing someone to replace Tex and another pitcher. No need to trade pieces you control and need for the future...unless you are completely overhauling the team.

I can see Tex being traded. I have a hard time seeing Hudson being traded. I think a big piece to the puzzle is what the Braves know about Smoltz next year (role, money, retiement, whatever) and the effect that will have on the team's make-up come next season.

jmtapia
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Hudson wont get traded he signed a very favorable contract to stay here....Braves honor those kind of players.

In terms of Tex. I would also offer him a contract. Boras is saying its going to take $23 Mill a year. Offer him an extension if he rejects it then trade him.

Coach100
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
JM, offer him what sort of contract? 6 yrs/125 mil? (That is 21 mil a year for those non-math whiz's) Or would you offer him less than 20 or at the 23 he wants?

Just curios.

jstwannawin
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
i think the onlt trade we should even think about it tradeing tex. Too inconsistant and i dont want him to get hot when we are already out of it like last year when we got him basically we are in the same position now get some prospects at a position we'll need in a year or 2

and y trade hudson since the braves got him they said they expect him to be the ace past 2010 and u wanna make our pitching worse and pray we get a ace in fa unlikely

i see y some peopel havent been posting in these threads cause sorry but people come up with rediculous ideas and im sorry for those who have been trying to make people think better

cntrft76
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I was about to start an AJ Burnett post. I believe Burnett has a player option after this year. If he takes it, it extends his deal to 09 and 10. He could opt out and become a free agent also. It could be a risky move because we could lose him after this year but I cant imagine the asking price being too high. $13 mill sounds like a lot but what kind of SP do you get for less really?? He has question marks and struggles at times but I have to believe a move to the NL east and not facing the Sox and Yanks would have to help. He also gives something the Braves rarely have...a SP that misses bats and can get a big strikeout when needed (excluding Smoltz).

Speaking of Smoltz, I dont think he comes back. But IF he did, he would be our closer. Burnett would replace Smoltz' spot from this year.

09 rotation??
Hudson
Burnett
Jair
JoJo
Morton

could be a solid rotation

jmtapia
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
JM, offer him what sort of contract? 6 yrs/125 mil? (That is 21 mil a year for those non-math whiz's) Or would you offer him less than 20 or at the 23 he wants?

Just curios.

Well its going to take at least a 7 year deal. So i say you offer him 7 yr $145 Mill deal during the ASB. Tell him to marinate it, if he comes back and rejects then you trade him as soon as you think your ready too.

Braves will wait till last minute to deal him bc his value should be the highest then.

I was about to start an AJ Burnett post. I believe Burnett has a player option after this year. If he takes it, it extends his deal to 09 and 10. He could opt out and become a free agent also. It could be a risky move because we could lose him after this year but I cant imagine the asking price being too high. $13 mill sounds like a lot but what kind of SP do you get for less really?? He has question marks and struggles at times but I have to believe a move to the NL east and not facing the Sox and Yanks would have to help. He also gives something the Braves rarely have...a SP that misses bats and can get a big strikeout when needed (excluding Smoltz).

Speaking of Smoltz, I dont think he comes back. But IF he did, he would be our closer. Burnett would replace Smoltz' spot from this year.

09 rotation??
Hudson
Burnett
Jair
JoJo
Morton

could be a solid rotation

the thing with older pitchers isnt how much yearly amounts they ask for but how many years. AJ is 31 and if he opts out and gives up his 2009 and 2010 season then that makes me believe he wants at least a 3 year deal if not 4 years. IMO ill pass on that. I dont like investing big bucks on pitchers whom are at the top of their game and would be entering their mid 30 in a deal. Id rather take my chances with a younger and more talented Ben Sheets.

And no there is no way Burnett will ever come close to being as productive as Smoltz was.

bravesatl
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
The problem is they aren't

which sucks....

jmtapia
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
i think the onlt trade we should even think about it tradeing tex. Too inconsistant and i dont want him to get hot when we are already out of it like last year when we got him basically we are in the same position now get some prospects at a position we'll need in a year or 2

and y trade hudson since the braves got him they said they expect him to be the ace past 2010 and u wanna make our pitching worse and pray we get a ace in fa unlikely

i see y some peopel havent been posting in these threads cause sorry but people come up with rediculous ideas and im sorry for those who have been trying to make people think better

our activity in this forum has actually been very very good as of late..

ugafan
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
our activity in this forum has actually been very very good as of late..

Yeah, I was out of town for a while, but I still checked it every now and then. If you expect it to be busy on a Friday afternoon, I'm sorry.

metsbulls1025
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
so you dont want Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Melky for Tex because they are struggling in the biggest market in the US in their rookie season?... makes sense.... why would we want two young stud arms and a solid OF for Tex who will leave us in the offseason? Sonnestine is a really good young arm and Hinske would replace Tex at first... then add Wade Davis or something to the mix... also a great trade for us. And Masterson is another great young arm... add someone like Lars Anderson to that and we get another great deal... Are you aware Tex is probably leaving at the end of the season and we will just get compensatory picks? its not about amount of players we get back... its about quality.

They wouldn't trade those guys for Johan who they would sign, so why would they do it for Tex who could leave. I believe 1 if not both are hurt. Also with Wang out for another few weeks it makes no sense for them to trade pitching.

natebrown911
07-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Boras is seeking a $23 million per year deal for Tex, So Atl might be looking to trade him either way. Also ESPN says that the Braves will not trade Tex without getting a 1st basemen back. Suitors are Dodgers, D-Backs, Angels and Rays. Also i'm just putting it out there, can the Braves just sign Ben Sheets in the off-season because that guy owns us!!

Jon93405
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I keep hearing the Braves won't trade TEX without getting a 1B like Loney or Kotchman. Is that even a possibility? What team would trade away a young first baseman for a rental?

lavell12
07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I keep hearing the Braves won't trade TEX without getting a 1B like Loney or Kotchman. Is that even a possibility? What team would trade away a young first baseman for a rental?

Don't know, I wonder if Boras would allow the other team to talk about an extention before the deal. Like a 48 hour window or something. If so we could probably get a lot if a deal could be reached. the mets did that before they got Santana.

nps6724
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
The Mets signed Santana in the offseason.

nps6724
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM

It depends on if the team he's traded to can reach a deal with Tex, or are willing to match any offer that comes in during FA. If you look at the listed teams (Dodgers, D-Backs, Angels and Rays),

James Loney is 24 and has had some success, but is not a big-time power hitter and that's what the Dodgers need desperately. He has good power, but not 40 2B, 35 HR power. He hits more for average and contact (low SO total), but the Dodgers need run producers more than anything.

Conor Jackson is 26 and is a singles hitter, mostly. Last year he had his best power year, 29 2B and 15 HR. Hardly a power year. He does hit for a high BA and limits the SO, but just doesn't supply much pop. He does know how to get on base as well (.390 OBP). Arizona is a team that has trouble scoring runs and a guy like Tex in the middle of that lineup could really help them on that.

Casey Kotchman is 25 and will hit a ton of 2B, but few HR. The Angels are another team that needs some power big time. Their offense relies on small ball because besides Vlad and Torii Hunter, they don't have any power. Vlad and Torii are also 32 and Garrett Anderson is 36, so they really need a power bat in his prime. Kotchman will hit for a decent BA and makes contact (low SO total), but just lacks big-time power.

Tampa is the weird team here because while they have the biggest need at 1B (Carlos Pena is 30 and hitting .234), they lack a quality 1B to send us in return unless they have someone in the minors that is almost ready. But if they did, I think they would try them now since the incumbent is doing so poorly.

As you can see with the first 3, they are all good young players, but they have little power overall and all those team NEED power right now. And with all 3 in the playoff hunt, they have both the compensation and the need for a rental. And both LA teams have an open checkbook for moves so they may be able to woo Tex in the offseason anyway. It would be worth the risk for those 3. It's worth it to Tampa too, but I don't know if they have the compensation we'd require, unless we really like some of their non-1B.

metsbulls1025
07-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't know, I wonder if Boras would allow the other team to talk about an extention before the deal. Like a 48 hour window or something. If so we could probably get a lot if a deal could be reached. the mets did that before they got Santana.

Boras wasn't his client. He will not sign in the middle of the year and there is a small chance he resigns with the same team. The RedSox fans in their forum said they don't want him either because he will be a rental. Boras being his agent does not help at all.

jmtapia
07-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Boras wasn't his client. He will not sign in the middle of the year and there is a small chance he resigns with the same team. The RedSox fans in their forum said they don't want him either because he will be a rental. Boras being his agent does not help at all.

of course they will say that bc it will cost them at least one prime prospect. If not them then we are glad to talk to the Yanks or Rays...:p

metsbulls1025
07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
of course they will say that bc it will cost them at least one prime prospect. If not them then we are glad to talk to the Yanks or Rays...:p

Who will the Yanks trade. Hughes won't be back till Sept and Kennedy is struggling and Wang is out for a few more weeks. So they need pitching. Rays are your last hope.

nps6724
07-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Rays are your last hope.

So you're an insider, I take it? Because no team in the history of baseball has ever traded for a rental, especially not a team in the playoff hunt.

jmtapia
07-11-2008, 11:03 PM
^^^lol

metsbulls1025
07-12-2008, 01:05 PM
So you're an insider, I take it? Because no team in the history of baseball has ever traded for a rental, especially not a team in the playoff hunt.

No. But break down the teams who would make a run at him.

Rays
Yanks
RedSox
Dodgers

Yanks - Hughes out untill Sept and Wang our for a few more weeks. Kennedy in the Minors. Ponson is there 3rd starter. To me That means 2 things.1 They don't have anoyone to trade because yall said it your slef qaulity over qauntity. 2, I would think they would go out and get a Front line starter because Mussina nor Petite can be that.

RedSox - Ortiz and Youks nuff said and Ortiz will be back.

Dodgers - can you and will you get back anything of eqaul value in that trade. Alot of under acheiving out in LA

Rays - They seem to be the best suiters with CC coming off the market. They were rumored to get him. They will either go with Bay or Tex imo unless they keep struggling since they are in the middle of a 6 game losing streak.

Then you can talk about the Angles, but they have so many things going right at the moment why trade anyone.

Im just being realistic here. The Yanks where a strong candidtae but since all thos pitchers went down it took them out of contention. It will be alot harder to trade him then you think.

lavell12
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I like Loney a lot more than Kotchman. I think Kotchman doesn't have an upside either.

nps6724
07-12-2008, 05:03 PM
No. But break down the teams who would make a run at him.

Rays
Yanks
RedSox
Dodgers

Yanks - Hughes out untill Sept and Wang our for a few more weeks. Kennedy in the Minors. Ponson is there 3rd starter. To me That means 2 things.1 They don't have anoyone to trade because yall said it your slef qaulity over qauntity. 2, I would think they would go out and get a Front line starter because Mussina nor Petite can be that.

RedSox - Ortiz and Youks nuff said and Ortiz will be back.

Dodgers - can you and will you get back anything of eqaul value in that trade. Alot of under acheiving out in LA

Rays - They seem to be the best suiters with CC coming off the market. They were rumored to get him. They will either go with Bay or Tex imo unless they keep struggling since they are in the middle of a 6 game losing streak.

Then you can talk about the Angles, but they have so many things going right at the moment why trade anyone.

Im just being realistic here. The Yanks where a strong candidtae but since all thos pitchers went down it took them out of contention. It will be alot harder to trade him then you think.

The thing is, a lot can happen in 3 weeks. A 1st-place team may start a losing streak and want someone to give them a spark. A 3rd-place team may go on a run and get themselves in the playoff hunt. Not to mention the wild card races. Several teams may come out of nowhere to get in the mix. Let's also not forget that many times a GM says "So-and-so isn't available under ANY circumstances" and 2 days later, he's traded. It's all a chess match.

WAR EAGLE 5
07-12-2008, 06:47 PM
off the subject a bit , but........the braves hitting has been streaky at best all season...shouldnt the organization begin questioning TP. i know he is not the one going out there and hitting but isnt he supposed to be helping?

GLASSMAN
07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
off the subject a bit , but........the braves hitting has been streaky at best all season...shouldnt the organization begin questioning TP. i know he is not the one going out there and hitting but isnt he supposed to be helping?

Just stay tuned. If we become sellers then I imagine the discussion won't be limited to the players.

BRAVESFAN77
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I would not trade our short stop. We dont know how Escobar will handle the rest of the year. I would not trade for pitching, we dont need pitching. We have very good young pitching that will only get better. If we had hitting backing them they would all have great records. I would trade Tex in a heartbeat for a young 1st baseman and bench players. Lets face it. Other then McCann and Chipper, there has been no hitting. I have never seen a lineup so dead. Its the hitting we need, not pitching.