PDA

View Full Version : Team with most potential/Best Young Core(Debate!)

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, so a few days ago someone posted that the Blazers/Bulls were two dynasties in the making.

Basically the consensus was that the Blazers have the best potential, cept for one stubborn bulls fan who i will leave anonymous.

So I pose this question to you, which one of the following teams has the best potential to be a good team in the future (not a dynasty neccesarily). I basically chose only the youngest teams so that potential would be a big factor.

Here are the choices... with a few key young blurbs to help ur decision.

Feel free to make a list and rank from most potential to least potential

Blazers: Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, Bayless, Nicolas Batum.
*went 41-41 last year. Solid team, should be even better with Oden. But can they survive in the west.

Sixers: Iguodala, Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Jason Smith, Samuel Dalembert, Mareese Speights, Carney.
*made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and took the pistons to 6 games. Solid base and Thaddeus Young should be a stud after doing well in the postseason.

Hawks: Joe Johnson, J Smith, Al Horford, Marvin Williams, Acie Law, Josh Childress.
*made the playoffs after a poor regular season but shocked the world by almost upsetting the eventual world champion Celtics.

Bulls: Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, Thabo Seflosha, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, Aaron Gray, Luol Deng.
*tough season last year, backcourt is flooded with no true post presence, but should bounce back if Derrick Rose developes into the floor general everyone expects him to be.

Sonics: Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Robert Swift, Chris Wilcox, Wilkins.
*Great backcourt, they need a downlow presence though in order to survive out west.

Nets: Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, Chris Douglas Roberts, Ryan Anderson, Nenad Krstic, Marcus Williams, Sean Williams.
*Tons of young talent on this team, Need a better SF because Vince is likely gone, how will they mesh?

Memphis: Rudy Gay, O.J Mayo, Michael Conley, Darrell Arthur, Javaris Crittendon, Darko, Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warrick.
*Tremendous backcourt, but the frontcourt needs to prove themselves.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Al Jeff, Randy Foye, Corey Brewer, Kevin Love, Rashad Mccants, Sebastian Telfair.
*Solid frontcourt, but can Foye get it done on a daily basis?

Charlotte Bobcats: Raymond Felton, Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace, DJ Augustin, Sean May, Emeka Okafor, Adam Morrison.
*Who runs point? Who stays healthy, too many questions.

So go ahead, make a list, and debate.

AgentViet
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Blazers by 100000000 miles.

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I guess ill start us off from most potential to least.

1) Blazers
2) Hawks
3) Memphis
4) Timberwolves
5) Sixers
6) Sonics
7) Bobcats
8) Nets
9) Bulls

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 04:16 PM

I acually think Blazers and Hawks have pretty comparable potential, but hey, thats just me.

Silver.
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Blazers will be untouchable in the west in 3-4 years

lavis
06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
People forget to realize, some of those franchises like the Hawks and Grizzlies are not willing to go that extra mile for being a contender.

That's why having a lot of rookies and prospects isn't going to guarantee anything.

Out of those teams I'm pretty sure Nets and Bulls are going to make the most noise in the coming years while Blazers do have the most promising young core.

Remember Seattle had Ray Allen and Rashard at one time and Rashard's contract wasnt even that big that time, but they didn't put enough talent around them. I doubt they'll do it with Durant either. Sixers success in the recent years was 99% Allen Iverson. McHale will **** up the Wolves and I'm sorry for that. Hawks.. They will lose their rookies and continue being mediocre at best. Grizzlies are far from anything.. And so on..

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
People forget to realize, some of those franchises like the Hawks and Grizzlies are not willing to go that extra mile for being a contender.

That's why having a lot of rookies and prospects isn't going to guarantee anything.

Out of those teams I'm pretty sure Nets and Bulls are going to make the most noise in the coming years while Blazers do have the most promising young core.

Remember Seattle had Ray Allen and Rashard at one time and Rashard's contract wasnt even that big that time, but they didn't put enough talent around them. I doubt they'll do it with Durant either. Sixers success in the recent years was 99% Allen Iverson. McHale will **** up the Wolves and I'm sorry for that. Hawks.. They will lose their rookies and continue being mediocre at best. Grizzlies are far from anything.. And so on..

please explain how the bulls and ESPECIALLY the nets are in better position?

LakeShow
06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Portland Trailblazers.

Faneik
06-30-2008, 04:28 PM
It depends on the players but also the owners.

Can Paul Allen extend all his young guns' contracts and keep this team together?

B/c if they all develop into excellent players they'll demand huge contracts...

pjm316
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Don't forget the Miami heat with Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Dorell Wright, etc.

dawgsfan_45
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Top 5
Potland
Hawks
Sixers
Bulls
Minnesota

Tell me how exactly that your so sure that the hawks and the grizz are not willing to go the extra mile. This is a professional sport. What do you mean they are not willing enough to win a ring? You have to be kiddin me. Same thing for Seattle. Did you know that there is this thing called a salary cap in the NBA. Teams just cant go out and say i want that player and get him. Unless you Boston, LA, or one of these BIG CITY teams. i think the Bulls are going to be good but the nets. No i dont see them doing that well next year or the years to come. Just because NJ got YI doesnt mean they are going to be great. Yi wast that good for the bucks why would he be great for NJ.

aquaman117
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
sonics have 4 first round pics next 2 years

1 blazers

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I say Blazers.

Jay22Redd
06-30-2008, 05:03 PM
1) Blazers
2) Grizzles
3) Timberwolves
4) Hawks
5) Sixers
6) Sonics
7) Bulls
8) Nets
9) Bobcats

Vidball
06-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Blazers...if they can keep that roster and develop their players they will definitely be contenders for years.

GunFactor187
06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Here's my top 5 future potential teams.

1. Blazers
2. Timberwolves
3. SuperSonics
4. Bulls
5. Heat

Iodine
06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Blazers (see title)

kobe2008mvp
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
portland trail blazers

then the lakers with andrew bynum

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't think it's much of a debate. It's the Blazers, for sure.

Roy = All Star in 2nd year.
Oden could be an All-Star by his 2nd year.
Aldridge will average 15-18 ppg & 7-9 rpg as long as he is next to Oden.

If they can get 30+ ppg out of Bayless/Fernandez/Batum (combined between the 3) in year 2, they will be a great team.

Lettuce137
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Isn't Marc Gasol going to play with the Grizzlies 08-09? If so, then their lineup could possibly be 3 rookies, a second year, and a third year player.

Critt/Conley
Mayo
Gay
Arthur
Gasol

Looks like a college team :D
Interesting how this team turns out next season (not record wise, but rather how well the players develop).

tonyd3b54
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
top 3
blazers
hawks
minnesota

notice a pattern here? these 3 teams all have great young lowpost scorers...jefferrson,aldridge,horford

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Blazers by far IMO. They have a franchise Center along with a top PF and a top SG. This team will be the future.

lakerboy
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Blazers, but personally I like the 76ers, with Iguodala and Young.

City of Angels
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
all of you are forgetting that most of those teams will not spend the money to keep all their great young players. I think your all overlooking the Lakers who have farmar who is 22, sasha who's 23??, kobe still has ten years left, pau's only 28, odoms's 28, i forgot to mention that we have someone named andrew bynum who's only 20. The Lakers will always spend more money than any of the teams mentioned plus there just as young as any of the teams mentioned but there already good. Lakers have the best potential,best young talent period.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
all of you are forgetting that most of those teams will not spend the money to keep all their great young players. I think your all overlooking the Lakers who have farmar who is 22, sasha who's 23??, kobe still has ten years left, pau's only 28, odoms's 28, i forgot to mention that we have someone named andrew bynum who's only 20. The Lakers will always spend more money than any of the teams mentioned plus there just as young as any of the teams mentioned but there already good. Lakers have the best potential,best young talent period.

Hey we got to page two untill a lakers homer said this

New PSD record

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM

28 isnt young in the NBA.

so if ur putting Farmar, Bynum and Sasha against the likes of Roy, Oden, Aldridge.... uh... nuff said.

ur statement has some truth to it.

but i was going on the basis of teams that are really young that have 5+ players under 24 with potential.

Cus 25-32 is prime in my book.

Lakersfan2483
06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
The Blazers by far have so much potential....They have so much talent, they will be scary for years to come if they build chemistry together.

City of Angels
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
28 may not be young but kobe will be the best player in the game for the next 7-11 years with bynum by his side. After those ten years are up and kobe retires the lakers will have money to go out and get a new kobe someone to go along a center in his prime. With that said the lakers have the best young talent in Andrew Bynum thats all we need right now with kobe bryant.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
the heat team isnt that old
beasley 19 wade 26 marion 29

Halladay
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Portland is no doubt number one but I'm gonna have to wait and see what happens to Josh Smith before I decide who's second.

kpweaver
06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
There's no question Portland tops that list, and I'd be one of the first to encourage the fact that they'll win multiple championships in the next 12 years. Still, I think that there are a few established teams whose core is young enough to challenge them. Utah is a fairly young team; Deron Williams leads the way but Brewer, Boozer, Koufos, and C.J. Miles seem a young and entertaining crew that will compete with Portland for years to come.

In the East I think it depends what Philadelphia does with all of thie cap space. I like that youth but there isn't enough of a post presence. Gotta go with Atlanta out East right now- but that will be determined on Acie Law's development.

kpweaver
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I should also mention that Chicago will screw their core up. In Paxson I have no doubt.

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 05:52 PM
The Blazers

espically in the Sim league :D

sanfranfan1210
06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Top 5
Blazers
Hawks
Sixers
Timberwolves
Bulls

dre1990
06-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Blazers by far, then ATL, then the bobcatz

Draco
06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
This looks more like a concensus of uninformed opinion rather than a debate. I've already posted enough on this topic and there's no need for me to add to this thread.

Might as well add a poll for posterity. I'm well aware of the quality of popular opinion on PSD. Especially those of the person who started this poll. Reminds me a lot of this thread.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=7684

Kings Faithful
06-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't mean to be a homer, but what about the effin Kings? You can't tell me the nets have a better young core than the Kings. They have more young guys maybe , but definitely not better.

NYMetros
06-30-2008, 06:10 PM
The Blazers simply have an amazing young nucleus of talent that will contend in the west for many years to come. Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, Greg Oden, etc. all may become big time players in the NBA eventually. The Grizzlies also have an extremely bright future with Mike Conley Jr. at point guard, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo. They need to improve their frontcourt though.

Second City
06-30-2008, 06:54 PM
1. Portland
2. Chicago
3. Hawks

Leftcoast_yg
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I guess ill start us off from most potential to least.

1) Blazers
2) Hawks
3) Memphis
4) Timberwolves
5) Sixers
6) Sonics
7) Bobcats
8) Nets
9) Bulls

everybody tends to forget about the lakers being the 4th youngest team in the nba so outta those teams im pretty sure they are younger than most, or maybe since they got to the finals they feel that they already accomplished something which they did btu not fully because they didn't get a ring

BH-Sports
06-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Blazers by a mile.

How do you put teams like Sixers, Hawks and Bobcats in there???

Sixers-.. Igoudala is sooo overrated. He is a good defender and athletic but can he play against elite defenders and play under pressure? NO! Samuel Dalembert is a bad version of Marcus Camby.

Hawks- Josh Childress will never be any better unless HE WORKS ON HIS WHOLE SHOOTING From scartch. Josh Smith cant play under pressure and cant shoot. Joe Johnson is a proven clutch player but it more of a 3rd guy in a championship team. Acie Law is too much to play in the NBA.

Another team id like to add is the Toronto Raptors. Jose Calderon only 25 who is only going to be better. Chris Bosh under 25 and Andrea Bargnani a 1st overall draft pick who can certainly improve and be a Dirk Knowitzki type of player

rriders9
06-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Blazers Bulls and Hawks

Baller1
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I've been a Seattle fan my entire life so I'm not too annoyed to see that Seattle is getting no love. But, can someone atleast provide some input as to why they are getting no recognition. It seems like everyone has thrown them off the map because we had a horrible season... but the truth is, Durant averaged 20 points in his rookie season (same as Lebron), and Jeff Green is one of the best all around young players around. Now people are underestimating the pick of Russell Westbrook just because ESPN said it was a questionable pick. Westbrook is no slouch, he plays lock up D every time he touches the court, and he has the dunking ability to keep everyone in the stands excited. so....... Why no love for the Supes still?

dawgsfan_45
06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Blazers by a mile.

How do you put teams like Sixers, Hawks and Bobcats in there???

Sixers-.. Igoudala is sooo overrated. He is a good defender and athletic but can he play against elite defenders and play under pressure? NO! Samuel Dalembert is a bad version of Marcus Camby.

Hawks- Josh Childress will never be any better unless HE WORKS ON HIS WHOLE SHOOTING From scartch. Josh Smith cant play under pressure and cant shoot. Joe Johnson is a proven clutch player but it more of a 3rd guy in a championship team. Acie Law is too much to play in the NBA.

Another team id like to add is the Toronto Raptors. Jose Calderon only 25 who is only going to be better. Chris Bosh under 25 and Andrea Bargnani a 1st overall draft pick who can certainly improve and be a Dirk Knowitzki type of player

And the third guy on a championship team has been a two time Allstar at age 26. Really?What makes you think Smoove cant play under pressure. He had 27 point and 10+ rebounds against the celts in his first playoff round EVER. Just because Josh Childress has a very unique jumpshot doesnt mean he cant shoot. If you actually payed attention to any of the Easter Conference games you would not have said any of this. Also to say Andre is overated is a very bold statement. What do you have to back up this info. Both players that you say cant play under pressure took the number 1 and number 2 teams to game 6 and 7 in the playoffs. BTW Calderon is actually 29. He only has about 5 years left. And if you say Andrea Bargnani (of all people) can improve to the level of Dirk is unbelievable. And if he will be as good as Dirk what will Childress, Smith, Iggy, JJ be like when they improve. Huh? You obviously dont know what your talking about.

papelbon58
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Blazers.

dawgsfan_45
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
everybody tends to forget about the lakers being the 4th youngest team in the nba so outta those teams im pretty sure they are younger than most, or maybe since they got to the finals they feel that they already accomplished something which they did btu not fully because they didn't get a ring

And the players that make them the fourth youngest team. Sasha, Farmar, Ariza, Bynum. Are for sure going to be a championship team. Think about all these players in their prime...:speechless:

agnine
06-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Possible future, it's the Blazers, but I'm amazed that people put so much faith in Oden, when his rookie season was nullified by injury (not a good sign Blazers fans, remember Bowie?) and still has not played one possession in the NBA.

Immediate future, based on my opinion given talents that has played, mostly, together:
Lakers-like dawgsfan_45 said, 4th youngest team in the league
Hawks-came on strong towards the end, but need to keep Josh
Nets-not popular to like Carter, but he's really good, so is Harris
Grizzlies-yes i actually believe they might be better than Blazers THIS YEAR, only because I think Rudy Gay is better all around than anyone on the Blazers, and Mayo is going to be good right away
Blazers-all the reasons everyone else stated

dawgsfan_45
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Possible future, it's the Blazers, but I'm amazed that people put so much faith in Oden, when his rookie season was nullified by injury (not a good sign Blazers fans, remember Bowie?) and still has not played one possession in the NBA.

Immediate future, based on my opinion given talents that has played, mostly, together:
Lakers-like dawgsfan_45 said, 4th youngest team in the league
Hawks-came on strong towards the end, but need to keep Josh
Nets-not popular to like Carter, but he's really good, so is Harris
Grizzlies-yes i actually believe they might be better than Blazers THIS YEAR, only because I think Rudy Gay is better all around than anyone on the Blazers, and Mayo is going to be good right away
Blazers-all the reasons everyone else stated

I was being sarcastic about that but w/e...
Brandon Roy????

Iodine
06-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Rofl who do they have at the bigs? darko?

Lakergirl24
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Ummm, what about the Lakers. Bynum, Vujacic, Turiaf, Farmar, Ariza

Lakergirl24
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
But the Blazers and Hawks have the best young talent in my opinion.

Gmen824
Im surprised, i dont see the knicks on sum the lists...

Iodine

All of those besides bynum are role players

dawgsfan_45
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM

I really hope your thinking what I'm not thinking. Please tell me you don't think this is going to be a good team.

united41290
06-30-2008, 11:46 PM

not so fast, 6ers core got them into the playoffs and actually won a few games

Iodine
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
not so fast, 6ers core got them into the playoffs and actually won a few games

The sixers won less games the blazers were at .500 and the sixers werent. Plus the blazers played without a starting quality C and PG all season

blackjack_119
07-01-2008, 04:30 AM
While the Lakers are the 4th youngest team in the league... their youth isn't well represented at the top of their rotation:

Kobe Bryant - 29
Pau Gasol - 28
Andrew Bynum - 20
Lamar Odom - 28
Jordan Farmar - 21
Sasha Vujacic - 24
Vlad Radmanovich - 27

Average Age of Key Rotation Members: 25.2

Brandon Roy - 23
LaMarcus Aldridge - 22
Greg Oden - 20
Travis Outlaw - 23
Martell Webster - 21
Jerryd Bayless - 19
Rudy Fernandez - 23

Average age of Key Rotation Members: 21.6

In two years, Bryant, Gasol and Odom will be 30+ years old.

In two years, everyone in the Blazers rotation will still be younger than the Laker core's current average age. Additionally in two years, it will be the first time the team can all go have a drink together.

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 04:38 AM
yeah the blazers are the youngest team in the nba i think, the lakers are forth, i dont know who the other 2 are but they are still young and in two years the blazers probably wont have the same players they do now because they would want some vets on their team, since they will make the playoffs and be out the 1st round because of inexperience, it would be crazy if they somehow get jason kidd that would be pretty sick
jason kidd
brandon roy
travis outlaw?
lamarcus aldridge?
greg oden

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:39 AM
spurs everyones over 30 yrs old lets goooo haha
according to the spurs.. being 30 is basically like being 20
their players play till their 40 hahaa

tduncanspeaks
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Yep I am a total homer. The Bulls finally have the player that makes the other players make sense!
Rose
Thabo
Deng
Tyrus
Noah.......6th man BG7

We will be a top defensive team and top 8 in scoring

valade16
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
This is hilarious, after that last thread where hardcore Bulls fans' wouldn't give up the fact that their team isn't the best young team out there this is a breath of fresh air! Practically everyone and their Mom is saying the Blazers. As a lifelong Portland fan I'm incredibly excited about our team. And a few people happen to be misguided. Paul Allen will never shy away from Spending money, he doesn't care if our payroll is $140 mil as long as we win (it was when we had Wallace, Sabonis, Pippen, Rider, Stoudamire, etc.), so you can bank on him locking up the majority of our young talent.

But I don't think people are giving the Lakers enough credit (trust me I hate the lakers and it pains me to say it). Do you really think Kobe will stop being one of the best players even at age 34? I don't. That puts at least another 5 years of spectacular play in him, plus Bynum will be an incredible Center (I don't think as good as Oden but it will be fun watching them face each other) and Gasol and Odom with Bynum creates and incredibly long starting lineup. Basically I can't wait for the Rivalry to be renewed Between the Blazers and the Lakers!!! This time though, it Will be the Blazers stomping the Lakers on their way to a 3 peat!!!

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Blazers obviously, than I'd say the Bulls, most of our roster is under 26 years old, and our oldest player is 29. We might not have the few individual talents other teams have, but we have good young talent at every position and a potential superstar in Rose. Unfortunately our owner cares more about money than winning, AND he would trade every ring the Bulls won for one White Sox championship.

Derrick Rose: Probably the next great pg in the league.
Thabo Sefalosha: Big guard with great defense who played well when he started.
Ben Gordon: One of the best pure shooters in the game and will only improve with Rose.
Luol Deng: One of the best young SF in the game, will be back to form after injury ridden season.
Tyrus Thomas: An athletic forward who should thrive with a high quality point guard.
Joakim Noah: A Tyson Chandler with better basketball IQ and better hands.

All these guys are less than 25 years old. I expect to see this as our starting lineup for several years...

Derrick Rose
Thabo/Gordon
Luol Deng
Tyrus Thomas
Joakim Noah

Noreaga
07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
This is hilarious, after that last thread where hardcore Bulls fans' wouldn't give up the fact that their team isn't the best young team out there this is a breath of fresh air! Practically everyone and their Mom is saying the Blazers. As a lifelong Portland fan I'm incredibly excited about our team. And a few people happen to be misguided. Paul Allen will never shy away from Spending money, he doesn't care if our payroll is $140 mil as long as we win (it was when we had Wallace, Sabonis, Pippen, Rider, Stoudamire, etc.), so you can bank on him locking up the majority of our young talent.

But I don't think people are giving the Lakers enough credit (trust me I hate the lakers and it pains me to say it). Do you really think Kobe will stop being one of the best players even at age 34? I don't. That puts at least another 5 years of spectacular play in him, plus Bynum will be an incredible Center (I don't think as good as Oden but it will be fun watching them face each other) and Gasol and Odom with Bynum creates and incredibly long starting lineup. Basically I can't wait for the Rivalry to be renewed Between the Blazers and the Lakers!!! This time though, it Will be the Blazers stomping the Lakers on their way to a 3 peat!!!

all i'm gonna say i really hope youre a "lifelong" blazers fan....i'm starting to feel we are gonna have a lot of band wagoners this year.....I was a bulls fan then and i'm a BULLS fan now....dont screw me over Reinsdorf!

Do0msday
07-01-2008, 01:53 PM
The Blazers are clearly #1 on the list and nothing anyone says can change the fact that they're the best YOUNG team with the biggest upside.

However, how come everyone is giving the Nets so little love. This thread is about youth & potential. Theyir oldest player at this time is Carter, and he's like 31. Other than that Lopez, CDR, Anderson, Harris, Boone, S. Williams, M. Williams, Yi, Krstic, etc. are all 25 or younger (most hovering around 21 or 22)...

It's a bit hard to make a list of which team has the most potential because everyone's got different views on players, but since this is about the team with the most potetial and best young core...it's hands down the Blazers.

I know there are a lot of Lakers and Bulls fans here, etc...but nothing you say can change the fact that the Blazers do have the best young talent in the league.

LebronJamesCavs
07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
dont forget the hornets!!

rabzouz 96
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
The Blazers are clearly #1 on the list and nothing anyone says can change the fact that they're the best YOUNG team with the biggest upside.

However, how come everyone is giving the Nets so little love. This thread is about youth & potential. Theyir oldest player at this time is Carter, and he's like 31. Other than that Lopez, CDR, Anderson, Harris, Boone, S. Williams, M. Williams, Yi, Krstic, etc. are all 25 or younger (most hovering around 21 or 22)...

It's a bit hard to make a list of which team has the most potential because everyone's got different views on players, but since this is about the team with the most potetial and best young core...it's hands down the Blazers.

I know there are a lot of Lakers and Bulls fans here, etc...but nothing you say can change the fact that the Blazers do have the best young talent in the league.

because we overrate our own players. the only good one from that list is harris, besides from that our youngsters have not much potential. lopez, s.williams and boone are role players for their lives yi has potential but i dont know how much and if its the right potential for his position,m. william has lost his position to harris and anderson is a scrub

Nets fan 93
07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Net will have the most potential in 2 years when we sign 25 year old Lebron James :D
Devin
Yi
Swat
Lebron
Lopez
:speechless:
I also heard if we dump KVH's salary we are the youngest team out there!

LebronJamesCavs
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
lol

sixers247
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't really understand the bulls love. Rose is awesome. Do you think both ben gordan and deng are coming back this year because i dont see gordan sticking aorund much longer. Tyrus thomas is stromile swift version 2 and joakim noah will never be as good as tyson chandler. There young and good but i dont see them in the top five for this subject.

kcchiefs_82
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Blazers and Bulls

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't really understand the bulls love. Rose is awesome. Do you think both ben gordan and deng are coming back this year because i dont see gordan sticking aorund much longer. Tyrus thomas is stromile swift version 2 and joakim noah will never be as good as tyson chandler. There young and good but i dont see them in the top five for this subject.

I personally think both will be back with Hinrich being the guy who's gone and Joakim Noah will be as good as Chandler if not better. Tyrus Thomas may become another stromile swift but I think being with Rose will help him out tremendously.

ackar
07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Do not know who should be on top but I know the fact remains most teams you guys have ranked ahead of the Bulls have not been tot he playoffs barring ATL last year. NJ does not count because that was with their old big three. So IMO the Bulls should be ranked higher one hiccup does not change the went to the playoffs 3 out of the last fours years. The team is still a pretty go defensive team they failed last year due to poor shotting more than anything.

!. Blazers- because I do not want you guys going whacko on me
2. Hawks- the wen tto playoffs last year and Boston got lucky not to be cemented in infamy
3. Bulls- Read above
4. Sixers- Cap space and weak east makes them a lock to get to playoffs with tright moves.

That all I care to rank.