PDA

View Full Version : Could Nugs and Bulls pull the trigger on Camby's exception + a first for Hinrich?

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
In the poll he made, avsman05 asked if we thought a trade was really going to happen or not. This is just a slight variation to ask your opinions about whether or not you think this would actually be a good idea. So, what do you think?

Should the Nugs and Bulls pull the trigger on a straight up Camby-Hinrich trade?

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
In the poll he made, avsman05 asked if we thought a trade was really going to happen or not. This is just a slight variation to ask your opinions about whether or not you think this would actually be a good idea. So, what do you think?

Should the Nugs and Bulls pull the trigger on a straight up Camby-Hinrich trade?

I would do a Hinrich and Camby switch, but really I would also like to do the following:

How reasonable is this deal:

How about Hinrich, Nocioni, Gordon and Gray for Camby and Iverson?

That gives the Nuggets a future with a backup of Hinrich and Gordon with Melo, Najera and Nene up front and then Gray off the bench with Nocioni.

Chi-Town Finest
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
^ Id do that in a heartbeat.

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the go-ahead, avsman.

And JB, I think that's pretty reasonable in terms of value, but I'm not sure if Gordon and Smith need to share a slot in a depth chart. But it makes sense on the level of getting something back for the frontcourt.

fly boy
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
i wouldnt do dat becuz i dont think dat we should trade camby and if we did who's gonna be are center?..plz dont say nene..i think we should do like eddie and sumone else for hinrich or suttin but not camby

Kyben36
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
How about Nene, He would give us a slight post game, Running big man, and a lil Defense. You would get a good Point guard, 6 assist per game, even more if he fits in well, 15 points. it could be a good trade. Id do Nene and camby for Hinrich, Grey, Gordon, Noch, Sure you may have to trow in a filler or 2 but it could work, probably wont though.

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Excuse me, but who in the hell would our center be?

Nene the pro-injury player? Steven Hunter? The man who hasn't logged more than 8 minutes in one game? K-Mart? The guy who only avg's 6 rebs? Eddie Najera?

Come on. This is stupid.

Now, Hinrich and Joe Smith (or Tyrus Thomas) for Marcus Camby? That's more acceptable. But right now we are having big man (as well as PG) problems... Most importantly, we need boards... Rebounds are the most underrated stat... Rebounds lead to transition and we are a high tempo team... Rebounds are potential points on the other side of the floor... Without Camby, who in the hell will take his position?

Afridi786
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Joe Smith is on the cavaliers, he's been there for several months now.

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Joe Smith is on the cavaliers, he's been there for several months now.

**** that's right I forgot.

He was traded for Wallace I believe.

Well then the official answer for this question is NO.

avsman05
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
no prob den.

Yes a hinrich camby straight up trade is in the cards. We need to develop hunter for the most part he definately has potential when camby was out he stepped up. he can be that future guy. Nene if he can stay healthy IF. he will be huge for us.

ivyleague1
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Nene the pro-injury player? Steven Hunter? The man who hasn't logged more than 8 minutes in one game? K-Mart? The guy who only avg's 6 rebs? Eddie Najera?

Come on. This is stupid.

Now, Hinrich and Joe Smith (or Tyrus Thomas) for Marcus Camby? That's more acceptable. But right now we are having big man (as well as PG) problems... Most importantly, we need boards... Rebounds are the most underrated stat... Rebounds lead to transition and we are a high tempo team... Rebounds are potential points on the other side of the floor... Without Camby, who in the hell will take his position?

Crunchy12489, Smart, very smart!!!!!! I give you a solid "A". You definitely understand the issues involved.

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
So with the proposed deal of Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni and Gray for Camby and Iverson, the lineups look like this.

Bulls

Rose/AI
AI/Hughes
Deng/Thabo
Gooden/Thomas
Camby/Noah

Hinrich and Gordon give Denver some needed off-the-ball players and allow them to get younger. Nocioni is an upgrade over Najera too. If Nene can stay healthy for a bit, they'd be a much more balanced team.

Nuggets

Hinrich/Carter
Gordon/Smith
Melo/Kleiza
Martin/Nocioni
Nene/Hunter

roygconner
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Come on. This is stupid.

How about we have a corps at the center spot of K-Mart, Nene, and Hunter. We then could move Melo to the PF and JR at the SF. They want to have a uptempo offense that would do it. Melo plays PF for team USA and is spectacular at it. The reason K-Mart only avg. 6 boards is because he was coming back from injury and Camby only looks to pad his own stats.
starting 5
PG - Hinrich
SG - AI
SF - JR
PF - Melo
C - the corps (whoever is not injured at the time)

mgthompson
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
We do need a PG, but we need to be cautious. Yes, Camby probably should go but we can't fulfill a need to add a need.

I may be in the minority but I dislike our front court. Camby, Nene and K-Mart are all oft-injured and none provide the real post presence that we need.

By getting rid of Camby and not getting a big in return could be a mistake.

mgthompson
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
How about we have a corps at the center spot of K-Mart, Nene, and Hunter. We then could move Melo to the PF and JR at the SF. They want to have a uptempo offense that would do it. Melo plays PF for team USA and is spectacular at it. )

Melo does great in international play because play does not center around the post game, not to mention the players are smaller. Melo would get ate up at the 4 position in the NBA. His international play is different because the flow of the game is different.

Just ask Tim Duncan why he hates international play.....He can't play his post-up game.

roygconner
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Melo does great in international play because play does not center around the post game, not to mention the players are smaller. Melo would get ate up at the 4 position in the NBA. His international play is different because the flow of the game is different.

Just ask Tim Duncan why he hates international play.....He can't play his post-up game.

Melo in my opinion would do alot better defensivly at the PF because he is strong enough to defend other PF's and does not have to worry about them blowing by him like other SF's as Melo is a little slower on the defensive end of the floor. Melo does so well in the international game because they play a TEAM GAME and Melo is a very good team player if you put other team players around him.

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 05:12 PM

True on some points that you made. Not all of them.

I agree that we shouldn't put Melo at the 4, but Karl actually experimented with Melo this season. You don't remember that Melo played the 4 during Oct-Dec? He was getting more rebounds but if I'm not mistaken, his average ppg was dropping slightly. That's why Karl put him at the SF later on in the season because it wasn't working out.

Melo is a true definition of wingman. He shouldn't be playing the 4 although he can, but he can't keep it as consistent as his SF game.

That's true about Tim Duncan.

International play is more physical than the NBA. Kobe Bryant even said it himself.

But the Bulls better give us Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich for Marcus Camby if anything.

If you ask me, I think we should do that trade with Dallas. Sources say that Eddie wants to come back but I heard from another (outside Denver) source that he might go back to Dallas. We might as well trade with Dallas, correct?

I love Eddie's passion and hustle for the game but I think you have to make a change for the better.

Eddie Najera for Brandon Bass.

Think about that.

K-Mart starts. Brandon Bass can back him up. I watch Brandon Bass ALL of the time. A guy who can EASILY get at Tim Duncan. Yes I said it. Quote me. EASILY. He is VERY aggressive! More aggressive than K Mart that's for damn sure. He's more versatile, athletic, younger, and has a nice little jumpshot. He can play DEFENSE. That's the main reason why I'm a big fan of him. DEFENSE. He blocked Tim Duncan I think 3 times? Then he dunked on him in the second half!

Camby can start and Nene can back him up.

We might as well waive Steven Hunter. A 7 foot, 3 mill guy who doesn't get any PT?

Brandon Bass is WAY cheaper than Najera, so that will cut us some slack and Steven Hunter will cut 3 mill off the payroll as well. It would leave us with approximately 6.5 million left for another great role player or cash for a first rounder in the future.

If I was the GM this would be done right now.

Afridi786
06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
As a bulls fan, I would consider it, but I'd definitely do it for Camby & Klieza.

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
As a bulls fan, I would consider it, but I'd definitely do it for Camby & Klieza.

Wow. Way to take away our only Center and our future prospect!

Tryin to screw us over, huh Chicago?

Afridi786
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
y trade Camby at all, keep him, its not like we need him, we just need to get rid of Hinrich, im sure other teams have interest as well.

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
y trade Camby at all

Too much money in the frontcourt (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm) (+ wanting to keep Melo, + K-Mart and Nene being practically unmoveable, +glaring need for a pg upgrade), with too little return on the investment (http://www.nba.com/playoffs2008/series/series_w1s1.html).

roygconner
06-30-2008, 09:34 PM
y trade Camby at all, keep him, its not like we need him, we just need to get rid of Hinrich, im sure other teams have interest as well.

I think you are wrong there... Yes you have some descent big men but to get a veteran like Camby in there that can mentor them and teach them how to play help defense would be a good teaching tool for your teams future.

DenverNBAFan
07-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Yes, I Think The Nuggets Should Try and Propose This Trade. It would Be Cool for the Nuggets to Have a New/Old Point Guard. And Have Nene Begin at Center and train Like Najera to become a Center.

Crunchy12489
07-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Yes, I Think The Nuggets Should Try and Propose This Trade. It would Be Cool for the Nuggets to Have a New/Old Point Guard. And Have Nene Begin at Center and train Like Najera to become a Center.

Najera at Center?

Pffffffffft.

Yeah, take a look out West my boy.

Shaq, Amare, Yao, Andres, Bynum, Gasol, Al Jefferson, Tim Duncan, Boozer, Tyson Chandler, David West, Dirk Nowitzki.

Now, take a look towards the East.

Bosh, Dalembert, J Oneal, Bargnani, Dwight, Rasheed, Thaddeus Young, Diop, KG, Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Antawn Jamison, Al Horford...

These are all of the big names that Eddie would have to face.

Horrrrrrrrrrrrrible decision there dude.

Eddie would get ate alive.

Don't trade Camby.

DenButsu
07-01-2008, 02:14 AM
If we traded Camby for Hinrich, Diop might be a sensible FA target to go after. What he lacks in scoring and rebounding, he at least partly makes up for by actually playing very good one-on-one D. A Melo-Nene-Diop frontcourt would be formidable.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I think we need to try and go after a big man first... Chucky should be healthy next year... and cassell wants to be here. but im not sayin dont continue going after Kirk Hinrich. but i Do beleive it's neccessary that we go after Artest first ;)

ivyleague1
07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
I think we need to try and go after a big man first... Chucky should be healthy next year... and cassell wants to be here. but im not sayin dont continue going after Kirk Hinrich. but i Do beleive it's neccessary that we go after Artest first ;)

Sounds reasonable and logical !!!!!!!!

avsman05
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
If we traded Camby for Hinrich, Diop might be a sensible FA target to go after. What he lacks in scoring and rebounding, he at least partly makes up for by actually playing very good one-on-one D. A Melo-Nene-Diop frontcourt would be formidable.

hey Den i agree diop would be a great pickup but who has more money to spend dallas or denver i know they are vying for him as well.

denversgm
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
hey Den i agree diop would be a great pickup but who has more money to spend dallas or denver i know they are vying for him as well.

they both have the same which is the midlevel

avsman05
07-01-2008, 06:37 PM
that would be good if we got rid of camby.

QuaLiThADoN
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
i think it's a bad idea

DJiC
07-09-2008, 01:47 AM
how bout we do the bulls trade then trade nocioni/kleiza or some other combo for sheed

slugfest504
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Every team gets better in both deals in this situation. The bulls get a center who has an expiring contract, while Denver finally gets a PG. Seems even to me, but feel free to disagree.

rico
07-12-2008, 05:30 AM
this needs to go through already. geesh. noah didnt really show me anything new and improved in the summer league, with camby's mentoring to get him ready he will be dope one day.

DenButsu
07-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Could Nugs and Bulls pull the trigger on Camby's exception + a first for Hinrich?

Rumors afloat - denbutsu has no time - someone w/ time and the google see if you can dig something up on this?

ChitownbullsBG7
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/?p=110

Could Nugs and Bulls pull the trigger on Camby's exception + a first for Hinrich?

Rumors afloat - denbutsu has no time - someone w/ time and the google see if you can dig something up on this?

ChitownbullsBG7
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I think it could happen and i think that it benefits both team.

avsman05
07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
agree'd that would give you guys more cap to work with to try to get a big name in 10.

*Superman*
07-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Use that cap for later, wasting it on Hinrich won't get you anywhere.