06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
1. Duncan

2. KG

3. Yao

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

Ragun
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I would put Amare at 3, Bosh at 4 and Yao at 5.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Yao and Dirk and Dwight are clearly better than them, I respect your homerist opinion though. :clap:

Faneik
06-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Yao and Dirk and Dwight are clearly better than them, I respect your homerist opinion though. :clap:

@ the OP:

I don't know why you bother to create threads...

People come in and give their opinions, if you don't agree you call them homers...

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
and i'm saying my opinion that, that is homerism, but I respect it still.

Faneik
06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
1.Garnett
2.Duncan
3.Dwight
4.Amare
5.Bosh

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
1. Tim Duncan: The best PF ever
2. Dwight Howard: Averaged nearly 20 and 15, guna dominate for years
3. Kevin Garnett: Terrific all around player, finally got his ring
4. Amare Stoudimire: I Dont like him, but I cannot deny him as a player
5. Yao Ming: 2nd best center in the leauge, can dominate WHEN healthy

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:07 PM
1. Tim Duncan: The best PF ever
2. Dwight Howard: Averaged nearly 20 and 15, guna dominate for years
3. Kevin Garnett: Terrific all around player, finally got his ring
4. Amare Stoudimire: Dont like him, but cannot deny him as a player
5. Yao Ming: 2nd best center in the leauge, can dominate WHEN healthy
2nd best center in the league? ummm. He's the best you are WRONG.

TmacYao2
1.Garnett
2.Duncan
3.Dwight
4.Amare
5.Bosh
Worst list ever, but don't mind me.

Wade3
Dwight Howard

Amare Stoudamire

Kevin Garnnet

Tim Duncan

Chris Bosh

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Howard > Yao :eyebrow:

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM

No im not, Id rather have a 20 and 15 deffensive anchor then a 7'6 cheerleader whos always hurt and cant get out of the first round.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
No im not, Id rather have a 20 and 15 deffensive anchor then a 7'6 cheerleader whos always hurt and cant get out of the first round.
7'6 cheerleader? Do you watch a game or do you just watch sportscenter seriously, That's a very ignorant post.

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
and i'm saying my opinion that, that is homerism, but I respect it still.

"Homerism" = Yao at #3 :laugh2:

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
"Homerism" = Yao at #3 :laugh2:
Moronic = Dwight > Yao. :laugh2:

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
1.Duncan
2.KG
3.Dwight
4.Yao
5.Amare

as for Dirk No!

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Dirk seems to be underrated in many forums, they all call him soft and a jump shooter when his aggressiveness is extremely underrated, he's also very all-around on offense like his passing is quite underrated.

THE_FLASH_21
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Amare and Bosh should be up there instead of mr Yao... and Dirk shouldn't be up there!

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
At the risk of being called a homer by Alston2Tmac2Yao, I'll refrain from commenting. It's clear that intelligent discussion can't take place as long as he's involved.

1. Timmy
2. KG

I'll stop there.

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:15 PM
7'6 cheerleader? Do you watch a game or do you just watch sportscenter seriously, That's a very ignorant post.

How is that post ignorant? Because when a guy is always hurt and is on the bench wearing street clothes thats exactly what he is, a cheerleader.

TmacYao2
At the risk of being called a homer by Alston2Tmac2Yao, I'll refrain from commenting. It's clear that intelligent discussion can't take place as long as he's involved.

1. Timmy
2. KG

I'll stop there.
Yao > Dwight, I believe you had said that at one point.

TmacYao2
How is that post ignorant? Because when a guy is always hurt and is on the bench wearing street clothes thats exactly what he is, a cheerleader.
So you are saying he is not better because he is hurt more, ok who is better when healthy then?

IndiansFan337
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Howard
4. Dirk
5. Bosh

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Duncan
Garnett
Dirk
Dwight
Yao

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Duncan
Garnett
Dirk
Dwight
Yao
closest one to being right, but not right.

Afridi786
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
1. Duncan
2. Amare
3. Yao
4. Dwight
5. KG

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Have you noticed that every person that is in this thread has Howard over Yao? There's a reason for that. If you weren't a Rockets fan it may be easier for you realize....

So you are saying he is not better because he is hurt more, ok who is better when healthy then?
Staying healthy is a part of the game. Nobody wants an injured player when they could instead choose a healthy player.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Have you noticed that every person that is in this thread has Howard over Yao? There's a reason for that. If you weren't a Rockets fan it may be easier for you realize....

Staying healthy is a part of the game. Nobody wants an injured player when they could instead choose a healthy player.
He played 50+ games, that's pretty healthy, not that healthy, but that's not injury prone like Grant Hill in Orlando, where he missed season after season.

and You just contradicted yourself since the guy above you just said Yao > dwight

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM

Dwight howard, hes gotten his team out of the first round (yao hasnt) and the fact of the matter is yao is never healthy, id rather have a guy who averages 5 points a game then a guy who is on the bench not contributing a thing

Faneik
06-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Who died and made you the Supreme Truth Master?

North Yorker
06-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Dwight is more dominating than Yao. Yao has more skill as in shooting and moves around the basket but Dwight is a monster that can score at ease just by putbacks and alley-oops. There is also not a better rebounder in the league than Dwight. So, as an unbiased raptor fan, I think Dwight > Yao

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Dwight is more dominating than Yao. Yao has more skill as in shooting and moves around the basket but Dwight is a monster that can score at ease just by putbacks and alley-oops. There is also not a better rebounder in the league than Dwight. So, as an unbiased raptor fan, I think Dwight > Yao
Oh, a raptor fan, no wonder why you say Dwight, since he did get 3 20-20 games against softie Bosh and the Softie Raptors, good thing you got JO.

Devils05
06-30-2008, 03:21 PM
You're right. Dwight should be above Dirk

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Duncan
KG
Dwight
Bosh
Stoudmire
Dirk
Gasol
JO
Bynum
Kaman
Sheed
Big Z
Big Ben
Shaq
Glen Davis
Rasho
Foster
Mcdyess
Brand
Oden
Aldridge
Sammy Dalembert
Yi
Chandler
West
Oberto
Boozer
Okur
Al Jeff
Kobe (for the laker fans)

then
just maybe

YAO MING !!!!!!! YAY GO YAO

ps only top 5 is in order then i just name a bunch of big men

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:22 PM
You're right. Dwight should be above Dirk
Wrong again, is today opposite day or piss me off day or wrong day?

Devils05
06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Wrong again, is today opposite day or piss me off day or wrong day?I think it's Alston2Tmac2Yao Overrates Yao Day

IndiansFan337
He played 50+ games, that's pretty healthy, not that healthy, but that's not injury prone like Grant Hill in Orlando, where he missed season after season.

and You just contradicted yourself since the guy above you just said Yao > dwight

50+ out of 82 games...Who would take that when they could have Bosh or Howard or Brand or Dirk for 75-82 out of 82 games?

This is a top 5 list. People are going to go with the guys who play.

I was typing my response when the post above me was made.

TmacYao2
I think it's Alston2Tmac2Yao Overrates Yao Day
so Wrong Day, Thanks.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:24 PM
50+ out of 82 games...Who would take that when they could have Bosh or Howard or Brand or Dirk for 75-82 out of 82 games?

This is a top 5 list. People are going to go with the guys who play.

I was typing my response when the post above me was made.
LOL saving your embarassment. :clap:

Yao > Dwight
Durability is part of the game, but when healthy Yao is the better player, I'm not arguing with ignorant posters.

OaklandsFinest

1. Dwight Howard - Most Dominant Big man in the game
2. Tim Duncan - 3 rings because of him
3. Kevin Garnett - Game changer on both ends
4. Chris Bosh - Versatile inside-outside game, got the Raptors to the playoffs
5. Amare Stoudemire - If he learns how to play D, best big in the game

And I push to have Yao as maybe the most overrated big in the game now. He's routinely hurt, he dissapears in big games, and he's only as good as Tracy McGrady makes him. At 7'6 he should be the most dominant player in the game, but every game I WATCH him in he dissapears for long stretches, makes some poor decisions, and gets out played by smaller men.

IndiansFan337
I think it's Alston2Tmac2Yao Overrates Yao Day

Everyday seems to be "Alston2Tmac2Yao Overrates Yao Day."

LakeShow
1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dwight Howard
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Yao Ming

WillisLovechild
why does this guy even post threads? he's so inept to the nba that i almost feel depressed for him. u say ur opinion and ur not only wrong but ur a homer... :pity:. his list is alright, but the back end is messed.

My List:
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Amare
4. Dwight
5. Bosh

I say Elton Brand is about 5th when he is healthy. He has a little bit to prove coming off the injury, and I think he'll put himself back in the elite this season.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:25 PM
these ******** posters just gave me a good reason to see why Chronz is some how the smartest poster on this board.

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Yao > Dwight
Durability is part of the game, but when healthy Yao is the better player, I'm not arguing with ignorant posters.

If you are going to factor in durability how can you place Yao Ming in your top 5?

Now that is ignorant, son.

WillisLovechild
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
LOL saving your embarassment. :clap:

Yao > Dwight

If we all shared your philosophy, then no one would respond to you. :laugh:

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
If you are going to factor in durability how can you place Yao Ming in your top 5?

Now that is ignorant, son.
and not factoring would make him in it, jeez are you seriously that stupid or just acting?
I say acting. Stop flopping like Manu.

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Yao's pal, chill out. You don't need another Infraction. You're on the border of baiting in every post. If you continue, this thread is going to go downhill.

So calm down. If someone doesn't like Yao as much as you, that is perfectly fine. It's not the end of the world. But his injury history is a very legit reason for anyone to shy away from him.

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
and not factoring would make him in it.

Why should durability not be factored in? :confused:

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Why dont u put up a poll then?? I almost PROMISE that the list would be

Duncan,KG either on of them top 2

Dwight at 3

Bosh,Dirk,Yao,Amare battle it out for the 4-5 spots..

but your too god damn stupid to think outside of your own team and being a homer. Yao is a great player or his name would not be coming up in these talks. But its when idoits like you come in here trying to say he is the best or top 3 when he is not that ppl correct you and all you have to say is your dumb, yor wrong, your a homer when 80% of the people dont even have a player from their favorite team on the list they made.

You wont last long on here without getting banned unless you smarten the hell up and act half normal

North Yorker
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Does Alston2tmac2Yao have any actual reasons as to why Yao is so great other than the > sign? If you're gonna talk ****, back some of it up- unless you can't

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Dwight Howard is

Faneik
You are now way out of line buddy!

TmacYao2
Does Alston2tmac2Yao have any actual reasons as to why Yao is so great other than the > sign? If you're gonna talk ****, back some of it up- unless you can't
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239247
Here are the many reasons of why Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard.

For One, Yao Ming just destroys Dwight Howard when they go up head to head and play each other, here are the stats.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=howardw01
So as you see
Yao Ming's Averages against Dwight Howard in his Career are:
24.3 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.1 APG, 2.3 BPG, 55% FG,
Dwight Howard's Averages against Yao in his career are
12.0 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44% FG

So as you see, Dwight struggles very often against Yao Ming, and Yao doubles Dwight's averages in points and blocks and is a much better passer and a shooter/scorer.

I'd also like to mention the B.S of Yao not being out of the 1st round and how that does not affect the fact that he is no longer a better player against Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard played against the Toronto Raptors a very soft interior defense who only has one true Center of Rasho, and that is very hard on him especially since he isn't a "great" defender himself and cannot take him on himself the entire game so they needed Bosh to play on him and Rasho didn't play on him that often anyways. So, as you see that Dwight had an easy matchup against the Raptors, he struggled a lot against the Detroit Pistons, simply because they are too good of a defensivey team so they really gave Dwight a hard time even though they played him 1 on 1 because Dwight is not that skilled of a player.

Now i'd like to mention that Yao is not a choker, because he has simply done pretty good in the playoffs his teammates just have not helped win the series, same with T-Mac,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...avg=pg&split=0
Here are the Stats Yao averaged against the Jazz last year:
25.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 44 FG%, although the FG% doesn't look good, he did help win Game 1 against the Jazz, because he was the only player scoring at all in that game, T-Mac didn't get it going then.
Many people said that yao was the reason why they lost to the Jazz because of his defensive problems which is not the case, because the Rockets failed to make it out of the 1st round this year with a better bench and Yao out, that obviously showed that Yao is very useful and a very very good interior scorer. Boozer actually had his worst playoffs series stats against the Rockets then he did against any other team that year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...vg=pg&split=10
Boozer's Stats against the Rockets:
24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
Boozer's stats against the Warriors:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...avg=pg&split=9
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%
Boozer's Stats against the Spurs
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...vg=pg&split=24
21.4 PPG, 12 RPG, 52.9 FG%

So as you say that Boozer shot the worse against the rockets and Yao and that Yao is not a bad defender he just didn't defend him as good as other possibly players possibly could but he really did dominate against other teams like the Spurs and the Warriors

Now, I'd like to show you the stats that Yao has had against the Mavericks and the Lakers which were his other 2 playoff teams he has played against
Yao's stats vs the Mavericks
21.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 65 FG%
Yao's Stats vs Lakers ( With Steve Francis)
15 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 45.6 FG%
You must remember that Yao played against the prime shaq that year and that Yao also dominated Shaq in the regular season before that as well.

I'd now also like to mention that Yao has much much much more skill than Dwight will probably ever have in his entire career, Yao can be relyed on in the high post or low post, Dwight? Not so much, I def would not trust his passing ability or his shooting ability to play in the high post... Yao you can def trust him on there because he can do either one and he is very good and underrated at passing.

Now for Defense, all of you do realize that Dwight is a better OVERALL defender, which i agree with however, I do not believe that Dwight is a better Man-to-man defender which is different because as a big man you would rather have an interior shot blocker all over the place, but if you are a wing player you would rather have a man-to-man perimeter guy.
The Rockets are 2nd Place in FG% allowed, behind the Boston Celtics, and that is def not a conscience that Yao is also the center and that he sucks on defense, because that is completely wrong, Yao is an above average defender and possibly elite if he weren't hurt all the time. There have been many quotes saying that Yao is a very good defender by Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo and Phil Jackson here they are.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/blog/200...todays-workout
"Yao Ming is very, very intelligent and also very diligent. He is not only good in offense, he is also outstanding in defense. There had not been in the whole NBA history to have such a big guy like him that is so balanced in both offense and defense."
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...2210260&lid=10
"If I was Curry, I would not challenge Yao," Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo said. "I would not challenge Yao and get that ball blocked. That was just embarrassing. He was trying to get himself on Sportscenter." ?Deke

Tenacious defense

Yao Ming switched to defend New Orleans forward David West late in the game and forced West to shoot over him.

West missed all eight of his shots when defended by Yao.
"I tried to keep him from scoring," Yao said. "You cannot allow him to keep making shots and shots and shots. When I started guarding him he wasn't able to get the pick-and-roll in the post. He had to shoot from further (out).

http://www.82games.com/nichols2.htm
Here are stats that also prove that Yao is a very good defender himself as well.

Now i'd like to mention the +/- of the defense of Yao and Dwight
http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21D.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16D.HTM
When Yao is off the court they are -0.8 Net which means they are worse with him off the court
and for Dwight when he is off the court they are +3.4 net which means they are better w/o him on the court.

Those stats also counted when Yao was injuried and not playing at all with Deke starting. http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21A.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16A.HTM

Now i'd also like to mention more of the offense, as you see
Yao attempts 48% Jumpers and makes it 38% of the time, shoots 39% close shots and makes it 55% of the time
For Dwight, he attempts 16% jumpers and makes it 24% of the time which is very low and when he shoots 52% close shots and makes it only 52% of the time, close shots are usually like 5 ft and within or maybe 6 ft, but as you see Yao is a better finisher when it comes to layups and creating his own shots which shows that Yao is a better scorer by alot

Now here are the clutch stats
http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21E.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07ORL16E.HTM
Yao scores 36.8 PPG per48 minute in clutch time which are usually 4th quarter or OT which is very good, he also has a better rebounding rate then dwight in the clutch
Dwight scores, 13.8 PPG per48 minute in the clutch so his stats are clearly non-existant, so as you see Yao is also a much more clutch player than Dwight Howard is.

So as you see Yao > Dwight

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
So i found out you are a yao hater, dumbass
Yao > Dwight,

I love how anyone who doesn't agree with you is a hater or a homer, yet you refuse to listen to anyone who says Yao isn't as great as you think he is. Why aren't you calling yourself a homer. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are just that much smarter than every other poster here.

What's the point of this thread if you refuse to listen or accept other people's opinions? Why are you even on this website?

Devils05
06-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Averages since Dwight's been in the league:

Yao: 21.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.9 bpg in 60 games a season
Dwight: 16.5 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg, in 82 games a season

I'd much rather have Dwight and his numbers for an extra 20 games a year

ManRam

For One, Yao Ming just destroys Dwight Howard when they go up head to head and play each other, here are the stats.
So as you see

So as you see, Dwight struggles very often against Yao Ming, and Yao doubles Dwight's averages in points and blocks and is a much better passer and a shooter/scorer.

I'd also like to mention the B.S of Yao not being out of the 1st round and how that does not affect the fact that he is no longer a better player against Dwight Howard.

Dwight Howard played against the Toronto Raptors a very soft interior defense who only has one true Center of Rasho, and that is very hard on him especially since he isn't a "great" defender himself and cannot take him on himself the entire game so they needed Bosh to play on him and Rasho didn't play on him that often anyways. So, as you see that Dwight had an easy matchup against the Raptors, he struggled a lot against the Detroit Pistons, simply because they are too good of a defensivey team so they really gave Dwight a hard time even though they played him 1 on 1 because Dwight is not that skilled of a player.

Now i'd like to mention that Yao is not a choker, because he has simply done pretty good in the playoffs his teammates just have not helped win the series, same with T-Mac,
25.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 44 FG%, although the FG% doesn't look good, he did help win Game 1 against the Jazz, because he was the only player scoring at all in that game, T-Mac didn't get it going then.
Many people said that yao was the reason why they lost to the Jazz because of his defensive problems which is not the case, because the Rockets failed to make it out of the 1st round this year with a better bench and Yao out, that obviously showed that Yao is very useful and a very very good interior scorer. Boozer actually had his worst playoffs series stats against the Rockets then he did against any other team that year.

24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%

So as you say that Boozer shot the worse against the rockets and Yao and that Yao is not a bad defender he just didn't defend him as good as other possibly players possibly could but he really did dominate against other teams like the Spurs and the Warriors

Now, I'd like to show you the stats that Yao has had against the Mavericks and the Lakers which were his other 2 playoff teams he has played against
You must remember that Yao played against the prime shaq that year and that Yao also dominated Shaq in the regular season before that as well.

I'd now also like to mention that Yao has much much much more skill than Dwight will probably ever have in his entire career, Yao can be relyed on in the high post or low post, Dwight? Not so much, I def would not trust his passing ability or his shooting ability to play in the high post... Yao you can def trust him on there because he can do either one and he is very good and underrated at passing.

Now for Defense, all of you do realize that Dwight is a better OVERALL defender, which i agree with however, I do not believe that Dwight is a better Man-to-man defender which is different because as a big man you would rather have an interior shot blocker all over the place, but if you are a wing player you would rather have a man-to-man perimeter guy.
The Rockets are 2nd Place in FG% allowed, behind the Boston Celtics, and that is def not a conscience that Yao is also the center and that he sucks on defense, because that is completely wrong, Yao is an above average defender and possibly elite if he weren't hurt all the time. There have been many quotes saying that Yao is a very good defender by Hakeem Olajuwon, Dikembe Mutombo and Phil Jackson here they are.

"Yao Ming is very, very intelligent and also very diligent. He is not only good in offense, he is also outstanding in defense. There had not been in the whole NBA history to have such a big guy like him that is so balanced in both offense and defense."
"If I was Curry, I would not challenge Yao," Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo said. "I would not challenge Yao and get that ball blocked. That was just embarrassing. He was trying to get himself on Sportscenter." ?Deke

Tenacious defense

Yao Ming switched to defend New Orleans forward David West late in the game and forced West to shoot over him.

"I tried to keep him from scoring," Yao said. "You cannot allow him to keep making shots and shots and shots. When I started guarding him he wasn't able to get the pick-and-roll in the post. He had to shoot from further (out).

Here are stats that also prove that Yao is a very good defender himself as well.

When Yao is off the court they are -0.8 Net which means they are worse with him off the court
and for Dwight when he is off the court they are +3.4 net which means they are better w/o him on the court.

Those stats also counted when Yao was injuried and not playing at all with Deke starting. http://www.82games.com/0708/07HOU21A.HTM

Yao attempts 48% Jumpers and makes it 38% of the time, shoots 39% close shots and makes it 55% of the time
For Dwight, he attempts 16% jumpers and makes it 24% of the time which is very low and when he shoots 52% close shots and makes it only 52% of the time, close shots are usually like 5 ft and within or maybe 6 ft, but as you see Yao is a better finisher when it comes to layups and creating his own shots which shows that Yao is a better scorer by alot

Yao scores 36.8 PPG per48 minute in clutch time which are usually 4th quarter or OT which is very good, he also has a better rebounding rate then dwight in the clutch
Dwight scores, 13.8 PPG per48 minute in the clutch so his stats are clearly non-existant, so as you see Yao is also a much more clutch player than Dwight Howard is.

See, that's a solid post. The thing is, when you call people names, homers, etc., you lose are respect, and no one will listen to you. I could go on for days about how Dwight's game is far from being perfect, and how much he could improve. It is a solid debate as to who is better; Yao or Dwight. It just isn't a solid debate when you are involved, which is why people on the fringe might vote for Dwight, just because of your presence.

Faneik
I love how anyone who doesn't agree with you is a hater or a homer, yet you refuse to listen to anyone who says Yao isn't as great as you think he is. Why aren't you calling yourself a homer. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are just that much smarter than every other poster here.

What's the point of this thread if you refuse to listen or accept other people's opinions? Why are you even on this website?

I guess he's no longer here...

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I wish i had the power to clsoe down threads and or ban ppl

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
See, that's a solid post. The thing is, when you call people names, homers, etc., you lose are respect, and no one will listen to you. I could go on for days about how Dwight's game is far from being perfect, and how much he could improve. It is a solid debate as to who is better; Yao or Dwight. It just isn't a solid debate when you are involved, which is why people on the fringe might vote for Dwight, just because of your presence.

Last time i remember you saying Yao is better, do you agree? CAuse i think i am posting at the wrong time of the day.

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM

So as you see

24.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 50 FG%
24.2 PPG, 14 RPG, 60 FG%

Tenacious defense

Well thats all great, but none of the means a god damn thing when yao is on the bench hurt not getting his team anywhere in the playoffs and dwight is averaging 20 and 20 getting his team past the first round

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Averages since Dwight's been in the league:

Yao: 21.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.9 bpg in 60 games a season
Dwight: 16.5 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg, in 82 games a season

I'd much rather have Dwight and his numbers for an extra 20 games a yearAlso Dwight is younger and more athletic. He doesnt need to be 7'6 to block shots.

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
these ******** posters just gave me a good reason to see why Chronz is some how the smartest poster on this board.

:pity:

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Last time i remember you saying Yao is better, do you agree? CAuse i think i am posting at the wrong time of the day.

A month ago, I was not happy with Dwight. I think Yao is more polished, but I think Dwight's upside is vastly higher than Yao's. I don't know who I think is better now, and I definitely don't think it is obvious enough for you to call other people idiots over it. They both have their pros and cons, and Dwight still has a lot of growing to do. He is overrated in the sense that people think he's perfect, and flawless, when he has tons of flaws and growing to do, but he isn't overrated in the sense that he is the best, or second best, center in the game. Dwight needs to improve his team defense, FT shooting, passing, offensive range and turnover problems before people can even mention him in the same breath as Shaq, but by default, he is without a doubt the best, or second best center in the game. He isn't overrated in that regard.

North Yorker
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow Alston2Tmac2Yao,

It took you a grand of 1 MINUTE to respond to my post with a 1000 word essay on how Yao is better than Dwight. Did you copy the whole thing from your website at ILoveYao.com???

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow Alston2Tmac2Yao,

It took you a grand of 1 MINUTE to respond to my post with a 1000 word essay on how Yao is better than Dwight. Did you copy the whole thing from your website at ILoveYao.com???

No. He had already posted it in another thread. I wish he had copied it though...

Faneik
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
... Dwight still has a lot of growing to do. He is overrated in the sense that people think he's perfect, and flawless, when he has tons of flaws and growing to do...

Isn't Patrick Ewing working on him?

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
hahaha well look whose banned...

North Yorker
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
No. He had already posted it in another thread. I wish he had copied it though...

Then if he had already discussed it in another thread why bring it up on here. He's trying to make everything revolve around the Rockets

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
So......

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Dirk
4. Howard
5. Boozer/Bosh

It seems as if Duncan, KG at #1, 2 are the consensus....Aside from the Yao adorer...

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Isn't Patrick Ewing working on him?

Yeah. There were rumors that Ewing wanted to go to the Knicks when D'Antoni took over. I know he didn't get the job, and was upset about it, and as far as I know, he'll return to Orlando. Bottom line, Dwight has a lot to improve upon. He really struggled in the second round with turnovers, free throw shooting and his limited offensive game. He has low post moves, but unless he dunks it or lays it in, he can't score offensively (considering how big he is, it's somewhat acceptable). If he learns to pass the ball when he gets doubled (never does), can improve his FT shooting, cut down on TOs (passing will help) and maybe develop some range, he'll be unstoppable. I just don't think he has used all of his abilities and talents yet...which is why I get frustrated with him at times.

lukeem21
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
i dont know you guys are so passionate about being convinced the other one is wrong... if i had to choose between the two i would choose a different one each day of the week

Yao can be the absolute anchor of the defence and offence... but how much do you count the injuries against him... his size puts him in with a select few in the NBA

Dwight is a ridiculous athelete, and makes him look like one of the best rebounders in the game and also gives him a lot of points... he has a lot of room to grow because his fundamentals are not yet great to say the least.... he gets rebounds by outjumping people, good for stats, not as good for team rebounding... cannot create his own shot and post moves are still far from elite player status.... his athleticsm puts him with an elite few in the NBA

as far as potential goes there are two ways to look at it.... you could see howard as a player that has a lot of room to grow and that if this is what he is doing without an advances skill set what will he do if he brings that up to speed..... on the other hand, take away his atheleticsm (could just be one injury away) and what are you left with????

both amazing players and comparing them is next to impossible... i'd reccomend stating your opinion and moving on instead of getting worked up about someone thinking different then you

ManRam
06-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Then if he had already discussed it in another thread why bring it up on here. He's trying to make everything revolve around the Rockets

He hearts Yao. It is important for him to tell us we are wrong on a daily (or twice today) basis.

I am going to write up a rebuttal to his long post by the time his 10 days is up, hopefully he can read it with a somewhat open mind.

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
1) Duncan: Has the rings, the fundamentals kill ya.
2) KG: most versatile big in the league, led the Celtics to a chip this year.
3) Dwight: 20 and 15 and brought it during the playoffs (Outplayed Bosh)
4) Amare: Explosive, needs to work on defense, but he is the second best offensive big in the game.
5) Dirk: Such a sweet stroke, has leadership issues, but thats because duncan keeps stealing the rings. Talent-wise, he is undeniably great.

Honorable mention: Yao Ming: Oft-Injured, when playing he is tooooo soft. Needs to dominate, had good numbers but needs to stay healthy, does not dominate the post. + Chris Bosh: Will be on the List when KG and Duncan retire, really underrated, and i feel like im underrating him right now, has more offensive talent than howard, but his skinny frame makes it hard for him to dominate the post like him.

*Superman*
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Would u rather have Dwight on your team(who i am pretty sure hasn't missed a game in his carrer so far) or Yao who is injury prone(I respect Yao, but he cann't be one of the best if he keeps getting injured.)

And he cann't even help tmac pass the 1st round...should have never left.:cry:

juggla53
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
So......

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Dirk
4. Howard
5. Boozer/Bosh

It seems as if Duncan, KG at #1, 2 are the consensus....Aside from the Yao adorer...

Id take dwight at #2 personally but cant argue with anyone who takes KG there. I love dirk but id rather have rebounding/shotblocking/intimidation from my bigmen and let my guards and small forwards take car of shooting.

arlubas
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
At first I came into this thread and was like "Wow, how much of a douche can this Alston2Tmac dude be?". Next thing I know he's got banned written under his username! :laugh:

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Dwight
4. Amare
5. Bosh

Alston2Tmac2Yao's confrontational and close-minded ignorant attitude makes me want to disagree with him even more and take Yao completely out of the top 5

AgentViet
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Dwight Howard
3. Tim Duncan
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Chris Bosh

lukeem21
06-30-2008, 04:00 PM
1. Garnett (recent championship allows this)
2. Duncan (might be on the decline, or might just liking winning championships every other year)
3. Bosh (Homerism? sure but love having a bigman that has such a wide skill range, getting +20p 10ish rebounds, 1blk, 1 stl, 50fg% 80ft%, throw in his mobility and range)
4. Howard (one go tomove and a couple boxouts away from thhe top
5. Yao (a couple healthy seasons away from the top)

missing the cut... Amare, without Nash, half the player?.... Nowitzki, career 38% from 3's most overratted 3 point shot in the NBA, not once has he topped 10rpg

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM
My best big 5 big men:

1) Dwight (20/20 and 4 blocks what can i say?)
2) Yao (Clearly unstoppable at 7 foot 6)
3) Timothy (Most consistent big man in the game now)
4) KG (Handful of post moves and can almost score at will)
5) Bosh (All around great... He modeled his game off of KG)

I don't judge by rings, I judge by skill and what I see in them.

One day Andres Biedrins will be on this list. He has a bright future.

He's already a 10-10 guy. He plays defense very well. Very underrated.

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Dwight
4. Amare
5. Bosh

Alston2Tmac2Yao's confrontational and close-minded ignorant attitude makes me want to disagree with him even more and take Yao completely out of the top 5

He's still viewing this thread. :laugh2:

So once his 10 day ban has been served I am sure that he will be ready to give you an earful.

*Superman*
06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Damnnnnnn, son got banned dude.lol
I think he just needs a hug.

J Dub8299
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Dude you dont have to get angry at everyone we all understand why ur on Yao's nutz. Your a fan of the rockets and him. At times yes he can produce but basically he is one of the most un athletic guys in the NBA he looks like Lurch out there on the court.

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Damnnnnnn, son got banned dude.lol
I think he just needs a hug.

Lol.

rabzouz 96
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Dirk seems to be underrated in many forums, they all call him soft and a jump shooter when his aggressiveness is extremely underrated, he's also very all-around on offense like his passing is quite underrated.

a top 5 big in my eyes has to get at least 10 rpg in my eyes, dirk cant do tha. he doesnt belong in that group

Lakersfan2483
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Top 5 big men

1. Duncan, 4 titles, 2 Mvps, closes the debate about no. 1
2. KG
3. Amare
4. Howard
5. Yao

Runners up: Dirk, Bosh, Boozer, watch out for Bynum and Oden next year.

FOBolous
06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
how is bosh better than yao? :confused:

imo:

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Yao
4. Dwight Howard
5. Amare Stoudemire

Yao dominates both howard and amare whenever they play against each other...especially Howard. Howard doesn't match up well with Yao. Plus Dwight Howard's lack of offensive game is too much...he has no offensive game what-so-ever...how can a guy who can only rebound and defend be better than Yao who's has above average rebounding abilities, above average defending abilities, and superior offensive skills?

now i put amare as #5 because i think he is greatly benefited by Steve Nash and his playmaking abilities...i don't think Amare would be averaging 25 ppg w/o Nash.

sanfranfan1210
06-30-2008, 05:40 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Howard
4. Yao
5. Amare

Halladay
06-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Since he was banned can someone start up a poll of: Who's better, Smush Parker or Yao Ming?

KeithLBC
06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm glad nobody posted Bynum :)

My list:

1. Tim Duncan
2a. Kevin Garnett
2b. Dwight Howard
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Chris Bosh

I think the list would be more interesting if it were split into top 5 centers, and top 5 power forwards, but that's just me.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 05:57 PM
1. Kevin Garnett : He is number one because he does it all the dirty work for his team and no one is as much of a leader as KG is.

2. Dwight Howard: Last year he was a 20/15 guy for half of the season and in some cases it seemed every night he had 20+ points and 20+ rebounds. Great defender.

3. Dirk Nowitzki: He is the most flexible big man in the game today. He can post up, hit the mid range shot, shoot the three, and get rebounds with ease.

4. Amare Stoudemire: A very underrated player in the league imo. Like Howard, He is a 20/10 guy night in and night out. Team leader. He also plays great D.

5. Tim Duncan: He is getting up there in age but he is a great leader who still deserves to be respected when he is in the game. His stats are declining but this team revolves around him. He single handedly changed the way a power forward plays.

mwoodri
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Wrong again, is today opposite day or piss me off day or wrong day?

Today is everyone put Alston2Tmac2Yao on ignore list day

FOBolous
06-30-2008, 06:10 PM
1. Kevin Garnett : He is number one because he does it all the dirty work for his team and no one is as much of a leader as KG is.

2. Dwight Howard: Last year he was a 20/15 guy for half of the season and in some cases it seemed every night he had 20+ points and 20+ rebounds. Great defender.

3. Dirk Nowitzki: He is the most flexible big man in the game today. He can post up, hit the mid range shot, shoot the three, and get rebounds with ease.

4. Amare Stoudemire: A very underrated player in the league imo. Like Howard, He is a 20/10 guy night in and night out. Team leader. He also plays great D.

5. Tim Duncan: He is getting up there in age but he is a great leader who still deserves to be respected when he is in the game. His stats are declining but this team revolves around him. He single handedly changed the way a power forward plays.

TD as #5? no way...this guy is only one of THE best PF in NBA history.

and no...amare is not a 20/10 guy...neither is Nowitzki or Dwight Howard. you know who IS a 20/10 guy? Yao Ming.

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
TD as #5? no way...this guy is only one THE best PF in NBA history.

and no...amare is not a 20/10 guy...neither is Nowitzki or Dwight Howard. you know who IS a 20/10 guy? Yao Ming.

1. TD maybe one of the best pf's in nba history but if you tell me he is still the best, your nuts.
2. 07/08 stats
Stoudemire~ 25.1 pts/9.1 rebs
Nowitzki~ I never said Nowitzki was? Anyways... 23.6 pts/ 8.6 rebs
Howard~ 20.7 pts/ 14.2 rebs
3. Yao Ming dosen't belong on this list.... yet. He will probably at the end of the 08/09 season but not yet. Anyways he averages 22 and 11.
4. Also he dosen't belong on this list because every single one of these players are WINNERS. How many playoff series has Yao won??? Zero.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 06:26 PM

Yao's overrated..just because hes 7'6 and hes in a big market..also hes injury prone... Dirk is a push over example in the playoffs when he seemed lost on the court.. Dwight is predictable..you know hes going to dunk the ball...if there was someone to match his athleticism and defend him properly like push him away from the basket where he gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket just leave him the wide jumper becauseyou know hes notgonig to make it..

BADizzleBoY
06-30-2008, 06:28 PM
And the most degrading post of the year goes to..... ramz.n! congrads. You said not one positive thing about any players in almost 7 sentences. He actually said yao ming is overrated, dirk sucks, and howard is predictable. Wow.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
i did say Yao is overrated hench sarcasm?..but thats just to poke at the person who said Bosh doesn't belong on the list who is going around calling everyone a homer who doesn't agree..and yes if youask anyone the Mavericks did choke in the playoffs because there best player Dirk choked..and Howard is predictable.. most dunks in the league..have you ever seen him take a jump shot or anywhere 15 ft from the rim besides from the free throw line?

SpeeMN
06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
AL JEFFERSON.... you'll see

jumpman52313
06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Duncan
amare
howard
dirk
garnett/bosh

yao doesnt play enough to be considered for top 5...a healthy yao ming is prolly 2nd n 3rd

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Duncan
amare
howard
dirk
garnett/bosh

yao doesnt play enough to be considered for top 5...a healthy yao ming is prolly 2nd n 3rd

lol couldn't agree more but it could be a three way between garnett/bosh and duncan

boybronco
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
1. Duncan
2. Dwight
3. KG

Those 3 stand alone at the top, then there's 2 groups below them. Guys who are studs and could be interchanged in the 4 and 5 spot, and a group of up and comers who are going to battle to be in the top 5.

4 & 5
Bosh - Soft
Boozer - Inconsistent
Dirk - Hard to consider him a "Big Man" with his style
Amare - Plays zero defense, gives up as much as he gets
Gasol - Soft
Yao - Injury prone, soft for someone that size
Jamison - Underrated, 20/10 guy
Brand - Forgotten after missed season

Up and Comers
Jefferson - Needs a team
Bynum - Injuries
Oden - Injuries
Horford - I was really impressed
Aldridge - Needs to continue pace of improvement

Gmen824
06-30-2008, 06:51 PM
1.) - Tim D. [Too many rings "dynasty" nuff said,]

2.) - Kevin G. [Got is first ring :clap:

3.) - Yao M. [When healthy can bring the whole package/rebounding/shooting]

4.) - Dwight H. [Young/Strong/Needs to work on "FT's" and stay outa foul trouble]

5.) - Amare S. [becoming the complete package needs to work on staying outa fould trouble also.]

nickmacera
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
here
1.) duncan
2.) howard
3.) amere
4.) kg
5.) yao when healthy

NYMetros
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dwight Howard
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Amare Stoudamire

Leftcoast_yg
06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
1)KG
2)Duncan
3)Rasheed
4)Howard
5)Amare

tonyd3b54
06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
1.Garnett
2.Duncan
3.Yao
4.Howard
5.Amare

Garnett i think is better than duncan becuase his offensive game is more diverse... he can shoot it from just inside the 3pt line and he can bang down low...and he matches duncans defense...Yao is above howard becuase yao can create his own offense and hes a good shot blocker pluu rebounder while howard is only the latter...amare i think is jsut the most explosive big man in the nba

Scheck
06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
haha, I like this Yao vs Dwight Howard thing going on

Go Dwight :D

ramansingh3
06-30-2008, 07:25 PM
are you serious? yao the top center when healthy.Get over your self, its obvious dwight howard is the top center. He's the most dominant and since when has yao been healthy for a full season and has made an impact like dwight howard has. If dwight was the starting center for the rockets instead of yao they would be doing much better.As for top five big men in the league today since were talking about today duncan may be the best pf of all time but maybe not now.
1.Kevin Garnett
2. Dwight Howard
3.Tim Duncan
4.Amare Stoudemire
5.Chris Bosh

ragee
06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
1.Duncan
2.KG
3.Dwight
4.Yao
5.Amare

as for Dirk No!

And why not?! The only reason Amare has those numbers are because he has steve nash! Yes, the mavs have not really done something special after finishing first in the season two years ago but its not his fault... He works hard and improved every aspect of his game ever since he stepped in the NBA... Post up skills, shooting, rebounding, passing, creating plays for himself... And yes, even defense... However, his defense still sucks, i got to admit that... LOL The only reason he is scoring less points than the previous years is because he is trying to involve his teammates a little bit more... This is because yo can't win a championship alone... He understands that...

1. Dirk
2. Dwight
3. KG
4. Duncan
5. Yao

ragee
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Yao's overrated..just because hes 7'6 and hes in a big market..also hes injury prone... Dirk is a push over example in the playoffs when he seemed lost on the court.. Dwight is predictable..you know hes going to dunk the ball...if there was someone to match his athleticism and defend him properly like push him away from the basket where he gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket just leave him the wide jumper becauseyou know hes notgonig to make it..

You can't say Dirk is a pushover because of only one series... He can't do anything against the warriors two years ago coz Nelson surprised him... He was his coach for so long... Its obvious he knows how to handle him... Any power forward getting triple teamed will obviously be a non factor in the game... The problem with the mavs was not dirk but his teammates... And as you can see in the series against the hornets, even though they lost, Dirk worked hard and try to win it for his team... As for Yao, i think he is not overrated... He is injury prone but when he is healthy, he can play pretty good.. As for Dwight, yes... he's offensive skills is still limited... However, it is improving and even though it is limited, he can still put up big number... So, you can't take anything away from him because of that... And, although he is scoring 20ppg, that is not the main reason he is considered one of the most dominant big men in the NBA... His defense and rebounding are astonishing... Did you see the series of the magic against the raptors? I think he got 20+point and 20+ rebounds in most of the games... Lastly, i think there is no reason why you have to degrade a player just because he is tall or powerfull... Those are one of their arsenals and they are putting it to good use... And there are a lot of powerful and really tall guys that can't put up those numbers... Shawn Bradley, he is taller than Yao... Why can't he put up big numbers? Big Ben is freakin strong... Why can he be so PREDICTABLE as howard and dunk on people and score 20ppg? Jahidi White and Desagan Diop are strong players... Why can't they be a 20 10 guy?

Chronz
06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Good ol KTY, I can always count on you to stimulate an intellectual debate.... stop getting banned though.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
You can't say Dirk is a pushover because of only one series... He can't do anything against the warriors two years ago coz Nelson surprised him... He was his coach for so long... Its obvious he knows how to handle him... Any power forward getting triple teamed will obviously be a non factor in the game... The problem with the mavs was not dirk but his teammates... And as you can see in the series against the hornets, even though they lost, Dirk worked hard and try to win it for his team... As for Yao, i think he is not overrated... He is injury prone but when he is healthy, he can play pretty good.. As for Dwight, yes... he's offensive skills is still limited... However, it is improving and even though it is limited, he can still put up big number... So, you can't take anything away from him because of that... And, although he is scoring 20ppg, that is not the main reason he is considered one of the most dominant big men in the NBA... His defense and rebounding are astonishing... Did you see the series of the magic against the raptors? I think he got 20+point and 20+ rebounds in most of the games... Lastly, i think there is no reason why you have to degrade a player just because he is tall or powerfull... Those are one of their arsenals and they are putting it to good use... And there are a lot of powerful and really tall guys that can't put up those numbers... Shawn Bradley, he is taller than Yao... Why can't he put up big numbers? Big Ben is freakin strong... Why can he be so PREDICTABLE as howard and dunk on people and score 20ppg? Jahidi White and Desagan Diop are strong players... Why can't they be a 20 10 guy?

Um because Yao is Chinese..not to be racist but Basketball is huge in China.., Yao is good unlike Bradley who if you looked on Youtube..there would only be videos of people dunking on him..Houston and China also big basketball markets..why do you think Yi Jianlian wanted to play for a big Chinese orintated population in a big market..just to be reconized internationally like Yao is even though he is injury prone but you cant blame him for that..its because he plays all year round basketball if not in the NBA with the Chinese team..Howard is not known for his defence..when ben wallace played for the pistons they knew what they would get from him ..guard tough big men every night and rebound..thats why he is former defensive player of the year..Howard is not same goes with White and Diop..they are defensive specialist just like how korver is a 3pt specialist..and White has an attitude problem.. i remember when he was given an opportunity to play for the raptors and cause nothing but trouble for not getting consistant minutes because he wasn't preforming when he was given an opportunity to play.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
06-30-2008, 11:57 PM
1. yao

FOBolous
07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Duncan
amare
howard
dirk
garnett/bosh

lol...i can live with that.

1. TD maybe one of the best pf's in nba history but if you tell me he is still the best, your nuts.
2. 07/08 stats
Stoudemire~ 25.1 pts/9.1 rebs
Nowitzki~ I never said Nowitzki was? Anyways... 23.6 pts/ 8.6 rebs
Howard~ 20.7 pts/ 14.2 rebs
3. Yao Ming dosen't belong on this list.... yet. He will probably at the end of the 08/09 season but not yet. Anyways he averages 22 and 11.
4. Also he dosen't belong on this list because every single one of these players are WINNERS. How many playoff series has Yao won??? Zero.

i don't understand :confused: are you using stats to prove that Yao doesn't belong in the list? and where the hell did you get Howard's stats from? he didn't average 20.7 points...he averaged 18.9 points last season. and his point per game average shows just how bad his offensive game is...even with all his crazy/monster games where he scored more than 30 points, he still manage to average less than 20 points...that just shows have bad and inconsistent he is on the offensive end.

i mean..c'mon...most players would've averaged at least 20 points if they had as much monster games as Howard had but nope...not howard...he has just as many god awful offensive games to even out all his monster games. I mean..for crying out loud...his season lows in points was 3 points....THREE FREAKING POINTS!!! and he did that against Washington? what? was Brandon Haywood too much for the great Dwight Howard to handle? :pity: I'm sorry man...Dwight Howard's complete lack of offensive abilities automatically makes him worse than Yao.

anways...back to the stats...

Yao Ming - 22 points 10.8 rebounds 2 blocks
Dwight Howard - 18.9 points 15.8 rebounds 2.2 blocks
Amare Stoudemire - 25.2 points 9.1 rebounds 2.1 blocks
Dirk Nowtizki - 26.3 points 8.6 rebounds .9 blocks

^ that's the CORRECT stats from last season. after looking at those stats...it seems to me that Yao is the ONLY 20/10 guy from the group. so by using your own argument...base on the fact that yao is the only true 20/10 guy...Yao is better than Howard, Stoudemire, AND Nowtzki.

also...judging from the stats...Yao appears to be the most complete player from the group. He can score, rebounds, AND defend unlike Stoudemire and Nowtzki who can't rebound as well, Howard who can't create his own shot, and Nowitzki, again, who can't defend.

as for getting out of the first round...dude...Howard is in the Eastern Conference...him getting out of the first round in the Easter Conference isn't that big of a deal...if he can't get out of the first round in the Eastern Conference, than we have a problem. Also...if Yao and the Rockets are in the Eastern Conference, i'm sure he would've reach the Eastern Conference Finals.

DQL
07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
1.Duncan
2.KG
3.Dwight
4.Amare
5.Yao

mnvikings28
07-01-2008, 12:21 AM
ok Im going to go with something a little different and say the top 5 big men in the game right now

1. KG
2. Amare
3. Dwight
4. Yao
5. Al Jeff (kinda a homer pick but this guy should really be considered up there)

danbola
07-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Top 5 big men are:

Duncan
KG
Amare
Howard
Yao

Duncan is #1 and the rest can be argued.

Anybody else find it funny that theres a list of top big men in league and nobody mentions Shaq.

sevanseven
07-01-2008, 12:26 AM
garnett, duncan, howard, amare, jefferson

Chronz
07-01-2008, 12:28 AM

i don't understand :confused: are you using stats to prove that Yao doesn't belong in the list? and where the hell did you get Howard's stats from? he didn't average 20.7 points...he averaged 18.9 points last season. and his point per game average shows just how bad his offensive game is...even with all his crazy/monster games where he scored more than 30 points, he still manage to average less than 20 points...that just shows have bad and inconsistent he is on the offensive end.

i mean..c'mon...most players would've averaged at least 20 points if they had as much monster games as Howard had but nope...not howard...he has just as many god awful offensive games to even out all his monster games. I mean..for crying out loud...his season lows in points was 3 points....THREE FREAKING POINTS!!! and he did that against Washington? what? was Brandon Haywood too much for the great Dwight Howard to handle? :pity: I'm sorry man...Dwight Howard's complete lack of offensive abilities automatically makes him worse than Yao.

^ that's the CORRECT stats from last season. after looking at those stats...it seems to me that Yao is the ONLY 20/10 guy from the group. so by using your own argument...base on the fact that yao is the only true 20/10 guy...Yao is better than Howard, Stoudemire, AND Nowtzki.

also...judging from the stats...Yao appears to be the most complete player from the group. He can score, rebounds, AND defend unlike Stoudemire and Nowtzki who can't rebound as well, Howard who can't create his own shot, and Nowitzki, again, who can't defend.

as for getting out of the first round...dude...Howard is in the Eastern Conference...him getting out of the first round in the Easter Conference isn't that big of a deal...if he can't get out of the first round in the Eastern Conference, than we have a problem. Also...if Yao and the Rockets are in the Eastern Conference, i'm sure he would've reach the Eastern Conference Finals.

:clap:

http://www.cuedspeech.org/images/awards/clapping-hands-lg.jpg

http://www.nicholasjdanton.supanet.com/clappingPlanetMercury.jpg

SeoulBeatz
07-01-2008, 12:34 AM
um.... Dwight, DID in fact average 20.7 ppg and 14.2rpg and 2.2 bpg while shooting 60%

Fobolous was looking at his monstrous playoff stats... if u got to nba.cm and look at his season average (not playoffs) he did average 21 and 14.

How can u say Yao is better when Dwight got the same amount of points plus 4 more rebounds?

ArtVandelay
07-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Dwight Howard has taken his team to the 2nd round...yao hasnt..dwight had better numbers this year than yao ever has...until that changes...you'd have to say dwight is better IMO

stawka
07-01-2008, 01:28 AM
1 - KG/Duncan
2 - Duncan/KG
3 - Amare/Dwight
4 - Dwight/Amare
5 - Yao

BlondeBomber41
07-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Dirk Nowitzki is a top 5 big man, if you say otherwise you are kidding yourself. Guys like Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh, and Elton Brand dont have the ability to take over a game like he does offensively. He is actually a good defender, but he will never get the credit he deserves because he is white and people stereotype white guys as bad defenders, and he is an excellent rebounder and good passer for a big man. To leave him out of the top 5 is outrageous.

stawka
07-01-2008, 01:47 AM
If we're going to start a franchise, then I would take Amare/Dwight/Yao over him any day because they are better all-round players. That said, anyone that takes Dirk over KG or Duncan is kidding themselves. Therefore... Amare/Dwight/Yao/KG/Duncan over Dirk any day. Brand and Bosh are a different story though

SC1211
07-01-2008, 02:14 AM
I apologize for the original maker of this thread, he misrepresents the base of Yao supporters. At this point Yao is better than Dwight though.

1. Duncan
2. Garnett
3. Yao
4. Howard
5. Nowitzki

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:24 AM
1.Garnett
2.Duncan
3.Dwight
4.Amare
5.Bosh

this list is goood but id say duncan over KG only by a small margin

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:27 AM
dwight is a better player than yao ming cmon...
yao is freakin soft who gets dunked on by ppl who are 5'9 like nate robinson ...
yao is obviously a better offensive player but he cant make a huge impact on the game liek dwight
dwight is a huge presence in the paints and puts up great numbers onboth sides as well as shooting

yao is jus a injury prone player whos good when healthy, dats it
dwight can play all day any day

face it, yao's soft

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:32 AM

and playing 50+ is still pretty bad for a season with 82 games... dats missing around 20-30 games..

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:37 AM

and outta the 4 guys.. i believe only one made it past the 1st round playoffs?
who maythat be? hmmm dwight howard?
sry yao but last time i checked you were in street clothes watching the playoffs hahahah
you cant be a top 5 player if you cant lead your team in the playoffs .
yao is a top 10 big men right now

pacman16
07-01-2008, 04:48 AM
KG
duncan
howard
amare
yao

Chronz
07-01-2008, 05:52 AM
sry yao but last time i checked you were in street clothes watching the playoffs hahahah

oooh dems fight'n werds capn

juggla53
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM

its funny how almost everyone who thinks yao is better then dwight is a rockets fan yet so many of the people who think dwight is better arent fans of either team, im a laker fan and would take dwight over yao when both healthy and i mean how can you not take howard when yao is always limping around the bench, if hes the best center in the game like you rockets fans claim then hes had plenty of time to get his team past the first round.

michaellui11
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
this is the only true top 5 in the whole forum
1. Dwight Howard
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
-People who thinks Amare should be in, you guys are stupid. He was only good in a certain period of time

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
1 - KG/Duncan
2 - Duncan/KG
3 - Amare/Dwight
4 - Dwight/Amare
5 - Yao

I think this is the best list.

ragee
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Um because Yao is Chinese..not to be racist but Basketball is huge in China.., Yao is good unlike Bradley who if you looked on Youtube..there would only be videos of people dunking on him..Houston and China also big basketball markets..why do you think Yi Jianlian wanted to play for a big Chinese orintated population in a big market..just to be reconized internationally like Yao is even though he is injury prone but you cant blame him for that..its because he plays all year round basketball if not in the NBA with the Chinese team..Howard is not known for his defence..when ben wallace played for the pistons they knew what they would get from him ..guard tough big men every night and rebound..thats why he is former defensive player of the year..Howard is not same goes with White and Diop..they are defensive specialist just like how korver is a 3pt specialist..and White has an attitude problem.. i remember when he was given an opportunity to play for the raptors and cause nothing but trouble for not getting consistant minutes because he wasn't preforming when he was given an opportunity to play.

Fine... Yao is overrated... He will always be an all-star starer eve if he is injures... However he is still in the top 5 big men... 22ppg, 10rpg, 2bpg... Not good enough for you? Now, Dwight... First of all, he is known for his defense... HE avg, 2.2bpg and he dominates the paint... He was a candidate for the defensive player of the year... I am sre that anybody on that list is considered for his defense... Next, White and Diop... Yes... You are right... Just a defensive specialist... Different from Dwight... Exactly what i am talking about... In your first post, you were saying that Dwight is so predictable and just a strong big man... It sounded like you don't think Dwight does not deserve to be in the top 5... That is why i gave you examples of strong players in the NBA who can't do what Dwight is doing... What Dwight is doing is not as easy as it sounds... You need to have the talent and the basketball IQ to score 20ppg with most of it coming from dunks... On big Bum now, he was brought to Detroit to guard tough big men every night and rebound? Isn't that what he is doing? Howard is avg 14.2 rpg and 2.2bpg... That alone, makes him one of the best big men in the league... Add up his 20.7ppg with 59% shooting gets him to top 5!

ragee
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
If we're going to start a franchise, then I would take Amare/Dwight/Yao over him any day because they are better all-round players. That said, anyone that takes Dirk over KG or Duncan is kidding themselves. Therefore... Amare/Dwight/Yao/KG/Duncan over Dirk any day. Brand and Bosh are a different story though

Better all around player? Are you kidding me? I will not say anything about Dwight other than, he will be on the top spot when he is fully developed... He still has some work to do... However, he is still on the top 5... A great player... Now, on the other two... Better all around player than Dirk?!!!! Who are you kidding?!!! Can those two dribble and drive to the basket like Dirk? Can they shoot threes and midrange fade aways like Dirk? Can they shoot free throws better than Dirk? Can they pass the ball better than Dirk? Now, it is true that they can post up and they can rebound... So does Dirk! On the defensive aspect, Yao may be better than Dirk but Dirk ca also play defense... Not so good on one on one defense but team defense, he is ok... For Amare, i don't think that guy can play D... He can block the ball but that's about it... He is not in the top 5... The only reason he has his numbers is because of Nash... So, who's the better all around player now? Lastly, on KG... I WOULD PICK Dirk over KG... Why? Because if you can see, KG has reached his peeked and is now going down... He is still a great player but he only has a couple of years left in him... Right now, i think he is about even with Dirk... He is better in defense but Dirk is better in offense... In the following year however, its a different story...

stawka
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
this is the only true top 5 in the whole forum
1. Dwight Howard
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
-People who thinks Amare should be in, you guys are stupid. He was only good in a certain period of time

Maybe you shouldn't be calling people stupid, when you only have a handful of posts... and your most recent post is plain pathetic!

Amare was good from day one, what makes you think he was only good for a "certain period".

13.5PPG/9RPG/1A/1B/1S per game is great for someone's rookie year - especially playing 31 minutes per game.

This year, 23PPG/9RPG/1.5A/1S/2Blocks per game. Only good for a certain period of time? That's the worst thing that could have been said!

stawka
07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
ragee... Did you read a thing I said?

ragee
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
ragee... Did you read a thing I said?

uh..... yeah... didn't i just quote you? You were telling us how you would pick players over Dirk and how they are better all around players... I just stated facts about how Dirk is the better all around player among the guys you just mentioned...

stawka
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
So if you were to trade a centre or power forward from your favourite team, you would take Dirk over Amare/KG?

So because Dirk is a softie and plays perimeter ball even at his height, that makes him better? Name one big man in the history of the NBA, that has really put a stamp on the game by playing soft on the outside? Nobody! It cant be done. Not taking anything away from Dirk. He is a great player and I mean GREAT! But I would much rather a big-man who acts like one. Plays inside, bangs down low, control's the paint.

chicagowhitesox
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Amare's in the top 5 for sure.

Johann
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM

did nate robinson, one of the shortest players( with hops tho), not block yao ming, the supposed best center? yaos great, not the best IMO

Raptors27
07-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Garnett

Duncan (he's slowing done, kinda)

Dwight

Amare

Bosh

kvrnm
07-02-2008, 01:07 AM
1. duncan
2. amare
3. dwight
4. KG
5. yao

WestCoastPhan
07-02-2008, 01:27 AM
reasons why Yao should not be on the list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmSxiiJBmiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNemKXW6YcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Wn-RjtuBE&feature=related

nuff said

PRETTY BIRD
07-02-2008, 02:24 AM
all of you that are worried about who's the top center in the nba.....you won't for long.....why?...because Andrew Bynum hits the scene again next year:smoking:

cmellofan15
07-02-2008, 02:30 AM
if yao is up there 4 his useless career u mite as well put shaq above him because he also gets injured and still does better than yao

cmellofan15
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
1.tim
2.kg
3.d howard
4.amare
5.bosh/boozer

FarOutIos
07-02-2008, 03:16 AM
I can't believe how some of you act as if your opinion is the uttermost end all truth... Very immature and not a realistic way to handle life.

Truth is, many of the above mentioned players are very close in talent. They also have very different styles- for example Yao and Dwight are so different that you cannot really compare. Having either one of these players will create unique strengths and needs on the team. Which player is better also depends on how those characteristics are addressed with the other players on the team.

I will have to say that I do not like Yao's injury history. If injuries are set aside, you would also have to consider Camby.

But... a suggestion for this debate- how about creating a POLL- it will give you a better idea of the general consensus.

FreedomReigns
07-02-2008, 03:33 AM
1) Duncan
2) Garnett
3) Amare
4) Howard
5) Nowitzki

6) Yao
7) Bosh
8) Chandler
9) Shaq
10) Whoever

amos1er
07-02-2008, 03:52 AM
1) Duncan
2) Garnett
3) Amare
4) Howard
5) Nowitzki

6) Yao
7) Bosh
8) Chandler
9) Shaq
10) Whoever

Chandler????????

CP makes him look a lot better than he is.

ragee
07-02-2008, 04:15 AM
So if you were to trade a centre or power forward from your favourite team, you would take Dirk over Amare/KG?

So because Dirk is a softie and plays perimeter ball even at his height, that makes him better? Name one big man in the history of the NBA, that has really put a stamp on the game by playing soft on the outside? Nobody! It cant be done. Not taking anything away from Dirk. He is a great player and I mean GREAT! But I would much rather a big-man who acts like one. Plays inside, bangs down low, control's the paint.

That is the problem with you, you got stuck in the past... If you would just watch, Dirk is not as what he used to be... Every year, he adds something to his game... Now, he is scoring more in the paint... His post up skills have greatly improve... He does not hang around the three point line anymore...You people call him soft... Why? Dude, did you see how he came back from an injury, that was suppose to put him on the sideline for like a month? Is that what you call soft? Soft players can't grab rebounds like he does and believe it or not, he can play defense... There is one player that plays like him that has made a stamp in the NBA... A guy named Larry Bird... Dirk Nowitzki has alreday made a stamp in the NBA... He introduced the new breed of tall guys... He is the reason why Bargnani, even though he is not that good, got drafted fist overall... If you think teams does not like a Dirk type kind of player, why do you think that happened? Yes, centers and pf are still needed in the post to get easy shots... However, teams like players better if they can do a little bit of everything...

In your question about would i rather pick him over Amare or KG... Dude, I will pick him anytime over Amare... Amare is only that good because of Steve Nash! A lot of his points came from pick and roll where all he has to do is give a pick and then wait for Nash to give him the ball and then dunk it! He is a good player but his numbers will go down when Steve Nash gets traded or something... You call Dirk soft... What's the difference with this guy? He can't play defense and Dirk is a better rebounder than him... So where's your basis of being a softie? Now, Lets go to KG, I don't know... It depends... KG is also a great player... Let say if i am the spurs, the pistons, the celtics and the lakers, i wold pick KG over Dirk... If i was one of the rest of the teams, i would pick Dirk

So let me correct my top players coz i was playing favorites the first time... LOL

1&2 Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett
3 Tim Duncan
4 Dwight Howard
5 Yao Ming

After a couple of year though, it will be:
1&2 Dwight Howard and Greg Oden
3 Dirk Nowizki
4 Lamarcus Aldridge
5 I don't know... Hahahaha

ragee
07-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Chandler????????

CP makes him look a lot better than he is.

That is the reason why he is not here... CP3 is responsible for that... Make a thread about the best pg and you'll definitely see CP3 at number 1...

ARMIN12NBA
07-02-2008, 04:31 AM
That is the problem with you, you got stuck in the past... If you would just watch, Dirk is not as what he used to be... Every year, he adds something to his game... Now, he is scoring more in the paint... His post up skills have greatly improve... He does not hang around the three point line anymore...You people call him soft... Why? Dude, did you see how he came back from an injury, that was suppose to put him on the sideline for like a month? Is that what you call soft? Soft players can't grab rebounds like he does and believe it or not, he can play defense... There is one player that plays like him that has made a stamp in the NBA... A guy named Larry Bird... Dirk Nowitzki has alreday made a stamp in the NBA... He introduced the new breed of tall guys... He is the reason why Bargnani, even though he is not that good, got drafted fist overall... If you think teams does not like a Dirk type kind of player, why do you think that happened? Yes, centers and pf are still needed in the post to get easy shots... However, teams like players better if they can do a little bit of everything...

In your question about would i rather pick him over Amare or KG... Dude, I will pick him anytime over Amare... Amare is only that good because of Steve Nash! A lot of his points came from pick and roll where all he has to do is give a pick and then wait for Nash to give him the ball and then dunk it! He is a good player but his numbers will go down when Steve Nash gets traded or something... You call Dirk soft... What's the difference with this guy? He can't play defense and Dirk is a better rebounder than him... So where's your basis of being a softie? Now, Lets go to KG, I don't know... It depends... KG is also a great player... Let say if i am the spurs, the pistons, the celtics and the lakers, i wold pick KG over Dirk... If i was one of the rest of the teams, i would pick Dirk

So let me correct my top players coz i was playing favorites the first time... LOL

1&2 Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett
3 Tim Duncan
4 Dwight Howard
5 Yao Ming

After a couple of year though, it will be:
1&2 Dwight Howard and Greg Oden
3 Dirk Nowizki
4 Lamarcus Aldridge
5 I don't know... Hahahaha

You are joking, right? Dirk Nowitzki is one of the worst defenders in the NBA.

ragee
07-02-2008, 09:04 AM
You are joking, right? Dirk Nowitzki is one of the worst defenders in the NBA.

Used to be... I am not saying he is a great defender... I am just saying now, he can play defense... There are worse defenders than him... The worst defender in the NBA who has a lot of playing time is Steve Nash... No disrespect though... I like that guy... Whatever he lacks on defense he makes it up in his offense...

rhino17
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
1. Duncan

2. KG

3. Yao

4. Dirk

5. Dwight

thats about right

ketchup
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Why isnt Kwame Brown in your Top 5

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
reasons why Yao should not be on the list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmSxiiJBmiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNemKXW6YcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Wn-RjtuBE&feature=related

nuff said

reason why Dwight shouldn't be on the list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXSRlyR8bU&feature=related

nuff said :rolleyes:

lol...seriously man...youtube links proves nothing. anyone can create videos of any player screwing up, looking like a fool, or getting dunk on. if you want to join up in the discussion...try to come up with something intelligent. that post right there is the reason why people like you shouldn't post.

oh man...Dwight Howard is sooo great...he got out of the first round in the conference of the NBA that's basically NBA's junior league. good for him. seriously man...getting out of the first round in the Eastern Conference isn't that hard...any team in the west could've gotten out of the first round in the east...even teams that didn't make the playoffs..teams like Golden State and Portland. Even teams in the West like Denver and Dallas which finished 8th and 7th respectively had a shot as the Eastern Conference Finals if they were in the East.

Using the "Howard got out of the 1st round and Yao didn't" argument to "prove" that Howard is better than Yao is very weak....oh man Howard got out of the first round playing in the Eastern Conference...good for him...does he want a cookie now? too bad him getting out of the first round in the Eastern Conference doesn't take away from the fact that he has no post game...it doesn't take away from the fact that Yao is a more complete player than him. Yao can carry the offense...can dwight? no. Yao can carry the team by himself...can Dwight? no. He can't even play on one end of the court much less carry the whole game by himself. The Magic probably couldn't win if both Tokoglu and Reshard Lewis got injured but the Rockets can still win if Tmac is injured. That's the difference between Dwight Howard and Yao...Yao can carry a team filled with role players to Ws without the help of another star player but Dwight Howard can't.

WillisLovechild
07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm glad nobody posted Bynum :)

My list:

1. Tim Duncan
2a. Kevin Garnett
2b. Dwight Howard
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Chris Bosh

I think the list would be more interesting if it were split into top 5 centers, and top 5 power forwards, but that's just me.

1. Tim Duncan
2a. Kevin Garnett
2b. Dwight Howard
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Andrew Bynum