PDA

View Full Version : Best Leadership?

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Which person has the best leadership towards thier team. I hate the Celtics but I think it may be KG or even Billups. Who do u guys think?

KNICKSFAN
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Stephon Marbury of the New York Knicks.

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Stephon Marbury of the New York Knicks.

I have heard that the knicks might release him and the heat may sign him to a 2 year deal between 5 to 7 mil u buy in to that it would be good for us and it will give u guys cap space

J4KOP99
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Timmy Duncan....I hate him but god damnt do I respect him.

BALLER71
06-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Hate him, but it's easily Tim Duncan.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Tim Duncan

Joshtd1
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
TD is my choice.

lakerboy
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
A lot of players, but I think Derek Fisher should definitely be in this list.

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I gotta go with Tim Duncan also.

Cubsfan162512
06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Steve Nash

PHX-SOXFAN
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
A lot of players, but I think Derek Fisher should definitely be in this list.

why? what did he show during this year's playoffs or regular season, or any other year for that matter?:confused:

this list should be Duncan, billups, and maybe rasheed (emotional leader).

Ghouse
06-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Tony Parker & Paul Pierce.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Tony Parker & Paul Pierce.TP isnt even the leader of his own team

ThE ShOw
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
why? what did he show during this year's playoffs or regular season, or any other year for that matter?:confused:
He showed that he can be the PG for a team that was in the Finals. Im pretty sure Nash cant say that. How does it feel to have your 3 years and now the Lakers are better than the Suns and turned it around in 1 year and went to the Finals, that is what the Suns have been trying so hard to do and it's not going to happen.

And the Microfracture thing, you should put a pic of you boy Amare, because Bynum just had a scope done.

PHX-SOXFAN
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
He showed that he can be the PG for a team that was in the Finals. Im pretty sure Nash cant say that. How does it feel to have your 3 years and now the Lakers are better than the Suns and turned it around in 1 year and went to the Finals, that is what the Suns have been trying so hard to do and it's not going to happen.

And the Microfracture thing, you should put a pic of you boy Amare, because Bynum just had a scope done.

ok? this isn't a list of who can be a pg on a finals team. If it was it would be rondo and fisher, quite a prestigious list there:rolleyes:. Does this mean that Daniel Gibson and Larry Hughes are both good leaders since they started at PG for a finals team last year? OR how about Jayson WIlliams, Eric Snow, Jason Terry?:speechless: Nice list:rolleyes:

ThE ShOw
06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
ok? this isn't a list of who can be a pg on a finals team. If it was it would be rondo and fisher, quite a prestigious list there:rolleyes:. Does this mean that Daniel Gibson and Larry Hughes are both good leaders since they started at PG for a finals team last year? OR how about Jayson WIlliams, Eric Snow, Jason Terry?:speechless: Nice list:rolleyes:

It talks about Leadership and D Fish was a great leader on the Lakers. H was a huge upgrade over Smush and did a great job with the young guys and kept the team close by calling team meetings and takeing them out dinner after a loss to the Spurs in the Playoffs.

PHX-SOXFAN
06-30-2008, 01:18 PM
It talks about Leadership and D Fish was a great leader on the Lakers. H was a huge upgrade over Smush and did a great job with the young guys and kept the team close by calling team meetings and takeing them out dinner after a loss to the Spurs in the Playoffs.

I saw a guy who didn't talk much in games, made some bad fouls and got benched for stretches in the playoffs. I didn't see a big time leader like all the other names in this thread.

ThE ShOw
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I saw a guy who didn't talk much in games, made some bad fouls and got benched for stretches in the playoffs. I didn't see a big time leader like all the other names in this thread.

You don't have to be a talker to be a leader. Steve nash had some bad fouls on Toney Parker in the Playoffs and looked lost on D, does that make him less of a leader?

PHX-SOXFAN
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
You don't have to be a talker to be a leader. Steve nash had some bad fouls on Toney Parker in the Playoffs and looked lost on D, does that make him less of a leader?

yes

futureman
06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
KG hands down.

sanfranfan1210
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Duncan

Crunchy12489
06-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Kevin Garnett. So far.

Durant is hype
06-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Kg

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Chris Paul..hes a great leader on and off the court with what he has done trying to reestablish N.O.. makes his teammates better leading them to the the playoffs in a year where you need atleast 50 wins to make the playoffs..thats crazy

dre1990
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Chauncy billups

torontosports10
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Everyteam has one so it kind of hard but look at what Timmy D has done with whoever they put around him.

BouGa
06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Kevin Garnett isn't even our team leader.

Its Pierce.

Scheck
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
I am thinking Tim Duncan, but I think Pierce could be number 2 on this list

Leftcoast_yg
06-30-2008, 07:34 PM

he didnt ask who did lead in the playoffs and who scord what in did what in the post season, he asked who has best leadership not stats, and yes D-fish eh came to L.A. when everything was gonna fall apart and we got to the finals by the end of the year, now that's someone that could lead a team through anything

4everYoung
06-30-2008, 08:01 PM

I almost forogt why I dislike you so much... wait now I remember.

Being the insane Suns homer you are I am very surprised that your boy Stevie wasn't on your list.

While I don't agree that he should be mentioned among the best leaders in the league (even though he is the head of the players union) truth be told Derek did a great deal for the Lakers in the regular and postseason. He brought a strong veteran presence for guys like Sasha and Farmar and had a steadying influence that was sorely needed. Add in that he replaced Smush Parker at the point and his contribution to the Lakers was HUGE. Being a bonafide Laker hater I wouldn't expect you to get that.

papelbon58
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Anybody that doesn't say Scal is fooling themselves.

Seriously though, KG or TD.

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Tim Duncan IMO.

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Melo.

:p

Iodine
06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Melo.

:p

I thought you had light up some reefer for a sec

DenButsu
06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
I thought you had light up some reefer for a sec

Once again:

That's Melo.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Once again:

That's Melo.
:laugh: I didnt even think of that lol

infamous
06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
TD and Kobe for me.

Brendan
06-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Im going with Kobe..

Rox07
06-30-2008, 10:59 PM
chris paul, kobe.

NYMetros
06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Tim Duncan. He is just a born leader and winner. Doesn't do anything fancy. Just wins a couple of championships...that's all. If I had to choose one guy to lead my team, Tim would be my guy.

U1timateCubsFan
07-01-2008, 02:56 AM
In no particular order I'd say these guys are great leaders in one way or another...

Duncan (Leads by example but when he talks EVERYONE including Pop listens)

LeBron (Never bashes teammates even though they suck and shows a lot of confidence in them on the court)

Paul (Great floor leader and really helps the confidence of his teammates)

Pierce/Garnett/Allen (I think it's amazing how they all sacrifice their ego to play great DEFENSE which helps them win and to me that's a great message they send to the rest of the team)

Kobe (Very harsh and unorthodox in his approach but similar to Jordan...he may seem like an *** at times but his passion helps inspire his teammates! I.E. young Bynum who took Kobe's criticism in stride last season)

I guess you can see the common trend here...all the guys on the list are all top 5 players in the league. Great leadership is what separates all-stars from superstars, championship winner from contender, kobes from t-macs, etc... Leadership is one of the most important characteristics of greatness and all these guys are probably gonna have at least a few rings when their numbers hang in the rafters.

stawka
07-01-2008, 03:07 AM
KG, Billups, Duncan... The rest

ARMIN12NBA
07-01-2008, 03:32 AM
In no particular order I'd say these guys are great leaders in one way or another...

Duncan (Leads by example but when he talks EVERYONE including Pop listens)

LeBron (Never bashes teammates even though they suck and shows a lot of confidence in them on the court)

Paul (Great floor leader and really helps the confidence of his teammates)

Pierce/Garnett/Allen (I think it's amazing how they all sacrifice their ego to play great DEFENSE which helps them win and to me that's a great message they send to the rest of the team)

Kobe (Very harsh and unorthodox in his approach but similar to Jordan...he may seem like an *** at times but his passion helps inspire his teammates! I.E. young Bynum who took Kobe's criticism in stride last season)

I guess you can see the common trend here...all the guys on the list are all top 5 players in the league. Great leadership is what separates all-stars from superstars, championship winner from contender, kobes from t-macs, etc... Leadership is one of the most important characteristics of greatness and all these guys are probably gonna have at least a few rings when their numbers hang in the rafters.

I agree with your list here (except for Ray Allen). There is all different types of leadership exuded here.

Tim Duncan is quiet and soft spoken, but is still a very good leader in that he makes sure his guys do what they need to do on the court.

Lebron is also a good leader in that he tries to bring up the young guys with him like Gibson.

Chris Paul is the typical point guard/floor leader that leads by directing the team through offense and defense, but he is also a leader off the court.

KG and Paul Pierce are very emotional leaders and it definately worked for the Celtics. KG led by using passion to ignite a fire under the younger players. Pierce was a leader by being the most experienced Celtic, he was there the longest and I think the young guys look up to him for being a guy that sticks through the tough times and good.

Kobe is that typical General type of leader in that if you make a mistake, he will call you out on it, but you take that constructive criticism to make yourself better. But he can also relate and be a goof ball with his teammates though. Like you said, reminds me of Jordan a lot except MJ was a lot meaner than Kobe (punching, yelling...Ron Harper said everybody on the team hated his guts during practice). Kobe gets in the other players faces, but you can tell they appreciate it because Kobe isn't like those high school coaches who just tell you that you are the best at everything. Ultimately, he tells you what you need to work on and eventually that player ends up getting better (ie Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic).

albertc86
07-01-2008, 03:43 AM
TP isnt even the leader of his own team
he isn't even the leader in his own marriage.

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 03:47 AM
kobe and fisher

BrizzleBear
07-01-2008, 04:20 AM
KG And Duncan.

spurhead
07-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Hate him, but it's easily Tim Duncan.

yep 1st person to come in my mind

FreedomReigns
07-01-2008, 04:50 AM
Chris Paul..hes a great leader on and off the court with what he has done trying to reestablish N.O.. makes his teammates better leading them to the the playoffs in a year where you need atleast 50 wins to make the playoffs..thats crazy

Im not sure there is one player out there that can be voted as the best on court leader but Chris Paul deffinatly stands out to me.

JJ_JKidd
05-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Which person has the best leadership towards thier team. I hate the Celtics but I think it may be KG or even Billups. Who do u guys think?

Leadership off the court, or on the court?

naps
05-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Leadership off the court, or on the court?

So you bumped a 4 year old thread? Too much free time on hands I guess. WoW!

C-Style
05-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Timmy, Kobe and Garnett

Shamar81
05-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Tyson Chandler