PDA

View Full Version : Panic Button Engaged (temporarily)

cubsbears1225
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Soriano, Zambrano, Johnson, Edmonds, Theriot, and now Ramirez have been put on the DL or have missed games do to an injury or in Ramirez's situation, he has to miss 3 or 4 games due to family matters. In their last 12 games, the Cubs have lost 8 of them and Im worried about the immediate future. St. Louis is only 2.5 games back with Mark Mulder returning and Milwaukee is only 4.5 games out of first. This is not the time for players to be getting hurt or missing games. They have a 3 game series vs the Giants and you would think they should take at least 2 or maybe even sweep. The only problem is, is that the Cubs lineup isnt too good without Soriano and Ramirez. Jim Edmonds needs rest and if he continues to play everyday until Johnson is back, hes going to be pretty damn tired out there. Instead of gaining ground, the Cubs are starting to lose ground and Hendry needs a short term fix. Im not sure what it is because Im not being paid the big bucks that he is, but sometimes you have to give in order to get and Im not talking about prospects only. Here is where everybody is going to freak out. If I was Jim Hendry, Id consider putting D Lee on the block and see what he can get for him. If it will help the Cubs win a championship then Id consider dealing him if the price was right.
Lastly, I am sick of hearing the same excuse when people talk about the slumping Cubs...."yeah well the Cubs still have the best record in baseball"... well they dont anymore.... just in the national league.

Now tell me this, when the Titanic was sinking, did the Captain say " Oh don't worry guys, we're still in the largest ship in the world".....and if he did, well, you know the rest...

Dfan25
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
You are really in panic mode.

cubsbears1225
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
You are really in panic mode.

not really, I just dont want to see them lose 15 of 20 games. They are obviously slumping badly right now.

cowboydoc45
06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
not really, I just dont want to see them lose 15 of 20 games. They are obviously slumping badly right now.

I just don't see a 15 of 20 losing streak... just not going to happen. We will have our complete starting lineup after the All Star Break, and hopefully there will be no more trips to the DL. Personnally, I think all of the games we have won has almost spoiled everyone. The Cubs will do fine, but they have to learn to win on the road.

NORTH10
06-30-2008, 11:50 AM
16 games above .500
sori coming back sometime soon
rami only missing 3 games
theriots fine
big z is gonna make his next start
reed is coming back soon
edmonds is fine
==========================================
we are lucky to be 16 games above 500 with all the injuries weve been having, we got depth to cover the injuries....im not worried at all because wen sori comes back, were back to normal

sori
theriot
dlee
rami
fukudome
soto
edmonds
derosa
big z

we, will, be, fine,

plus, as long as we dont face lincecum...our lineup even without rami and sori will be alright....reason we lost the series aginst the sox is because of defense.....theres was amazing (crede, alexei, dye)....ours was ****ty

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*

IvyWentCrazy
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Seriously, B, you are ****ing trippin right now. Sure, would I love for Hendry to make a move that would improve the team, yeah. But putting one of, if not the, best hitters the cubs have on the block. Calm your *** down. The Cubs have maybe the most depth in baseball. They are bumbling and stumbling (I loathe you Chris Berman) right now, but they will not crash and burn. Just relax guy.

wrigleycubs101
06-30-2008, 12:21 PM
16 games above .500
theriots fine
reed is coming back soon
edmonds is fine
we are lucky to be 16 games above 500 with all the injuries weve been having, we got depth to cover the injuries....im not worried at all because wen sori comes back, were back to normal

sori
theriot
dlee
rami
fukudome
soto
edmonds
derosa
big z

we, will, be, fine,

plus, as long as we dont face lincecum...our lineup even without rami and sori will be alright....reason we lost the series aginst the sox is because of defense.....theres was amazing (crede, alexei, dye)....ours was ****ty

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*

Yup I couldn't have said it better. But also the Cardinals have alot on the DL (pitching), I am getting worried about them because they just keep hanging on, an dont forget the brewers (4.5 gb)

CubsFanBudMan74
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
were halfway thru season an 16 over 500 and panicking?

we will be fine

bullcubbear23
06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
we have a 4 games series against the giants and god only knows how bad they suck

we will be fine

Acronym
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Lastly, I am sick of hearing the same excuse when people talk about the slumping Cubs...."yeah well the Cubs still have the best record in baseball"... well they dont anymore.... just in the national league.

God forbid.

Does anyone else find this as hilarious as I do?

mawp
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Would you rather everybody get hurt in September or June?

I'll gladly take a few DL stints in June than September.

chicagofan71
06-30-2008, 01:08 PM

I'd also much rather have a 4 game skid and rappy week of play in June than in September

Jilly Bohnson
06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
16 games above .500
theriots fine
reed is coming back soon
edmonds is fine

sori
theriot
dlee
rami
fukudome
soto
edmonds
derosa
big z

we, will, be, fine,

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*

:clap:

Not to mention, part of our struggles is that we've just come out of the toughest part of our schedule. Seriously banged up going against the hardest part of our schedule, it's impressive we did as well as we did.

giventofly
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM

Well, to be fair, it's not like just because they're hurt now doesn't mean they can't get hurt in September as well.

However, I'm banking on the fact that Lee is going to have a monster second half. He's pretty much struggling right about now (relatively speaking), so I'm hoping a surge is coming in the next few months.

rccubsfan
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
:clap:

Not to mention, part of our struggles is that we've just come out of the toughest part of our schedule. Seriously banged up going against the hardest part of our schedule, it's impressive we did as well as we did.

true, from now on we have a bunch of HOU, PIT, CIN games as long as we dominate them, we can just go .500 for the rest and be many games up

maddog1941
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
You can tell cubsbears1225 is a tried and true Cubs fan! We start freakin' out when things are not peaches and cream because, let's face it, we are used to the team blowing up on us!.....

Cub nation should be mildly concerned right now, but the AS break couldn't come at a better time for us as we need the time to get our team back inorder and that's what will happen. All are main guys will be back when play resumes following the break and I'll bet Hendry adds something nice come July 31st (I'm hoping for CC Sabathia or how about the Immortal Maddux?).

dbrown1225
06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
You can tell cubsbears1225 is a tried and true Cubs fan! We start freakin' out when things are not peaches and cream because, let's face it, we are used to the team blowing up on us!.....

Cub nation should be mildly concerned right now, but the AS break couldn't come at a better time for us as we need the time to get our team back inorder and that's what will happen. All are main guys will be back when play resumes following the break and I'll bet Hendry adds something nice come July 31st (I'm hoping for CC Sabathia or how about the Immortal Maddux?).

NO. NO. NO. NO TO GREG MADDUX.

cubsbears1225
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
God forbid.

Does anyone else find this as hilarious as I do?

No. Have you not seen the records of the 1st place teams? The National league is God awful.

WOwolfOL
06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I'll be surprised if we break even vs the Reds or Houston.

windycityD
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
No. Have you not seen the records of the 1st place teams? The National league is God awful.

There are arguably only two really good teams in the entire game right now, and even they (may) need to add a piece or two-Tampa and Boston.

Little doubt the AL reigns supreme as the stronger league. But, in 2006 and 2003, did you see the Cards and Marlins winning it all, especially when you put the Cards' pitching up vs. Detroit's line up that year and that team the Yankees had going against the Marlins in '03? Hell no you didn't.

The point is, if Boston and/ or Tampa gets knocked off in the playoffs, this thing is WIDE open. Anaheim as is has a sub par offense. The Diamondbacks are struggling offensively yet again. If we add a significant arm, we win the Central and then who knows what. As is, we are a flawed, but good team.

1908_Cubs
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Wah wah wah wah.

Boo hoo.

This is just a lot of pissing and moaning. Shut up. We lost 4 in a row. The sky is falling. Better move to Boston and become a Sawx fan, oh jeeze. Jump ship everyone! The Cubs lost 4 in a row down 2 of their best players! Oh god!

Acronym
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
The only thing that worries me here really is the fact that the NL-AL situation seems eerily reminiscent of the NFC when the Bears went to the Super Bowl. They dominatd the NFC (and admittedly most of the AFC) but in the end the superior league won out.

Of course baseball is a much more random game than football.

WOwolfOL
07-01-2008, 12:54 AM
How about just don't think ahead...

DamnGoat
07-01-2008, 12:56 AM
We're fine.

It's not like the Sox are some pushover, they're much, much better than they were last season.

We're w/o Soriano and Zambrano, but still 2.5 up in the division and 17 games over .500. Don't think it's time to panic just yet.