PDA

View Full Version : Diop signing appearing unlikely

connorg3
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
According to ESPN Insider:

It's slim pickings for free-agent centers, and if all those Chris Paul-to-Tyson Chandler alley-oop dunks in the first round of the playoffs suggested anything, it's that the Mavs, after including DeSagana Diop in the February trade to New Jersey for Jason Kidd, are in dire need of interior defense.

Those factors could more than double Diop's $2.2 million salary and net him the Mavs' entire mid-level exception, expected to be valued between $5.5 million and $5.7 million.

"It would not shock me," Donnie Nelson, Mavs president of basketball operations, said of Diop commanding the entire mid-level exception. "Centers are going to be pricier."

Looks like its going to be tough going on Centers. No way i'd give Diop full MLE.

Looks like backup Centers are going to be at a premium.

mightybosstone
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Well.... at least they picked up Dorsey in the Draft and he is NBA ready and can make an impact with minutes behind Yao. Deke will probably come back, too, so maybe backup center isn't a huge necessity.

Jay22Redd
06-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Thats if Deke doesnt go to Boston, which I doubt.

dchalphen
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
If the finger comes back it will def be for Houston, I think we need him badly.

Russjr2
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Deke will come back for one more year. That will definitely help us. I think he has proven AGAIN, that he deserves to be in the rotation prior to emergency time. If we can put more scoring in the 2nd unit with him his offensive deficiencies will not be as profound.

I also think that Dorsey will be able to play some backup C against those teams that like to play small ball against us. You have to realize most teams, especially in the west, use PFs as backup Cs to give Yao and Deke trouble. Dorsey can certainly defend them. He is also very athletic so he should be able to play the pick and roll well.

How many teams in the league have a really good backup over 7' C???? Or even a really good starting C over 7' for that matter? (we do) Just trying to put this NEED for a really good (and tall) backup C in perspective.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I want Diop on the Team, He is a great defender and a great rebounder, very underrated player.

Jpripper88
06-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't think this is news. Most of the people who really have followed it and are realistic expecting Diop was/is going to get close to or full MLE. There is no one else out there

Rockets&Browns
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Deke will come back for one more year. That will definitely help us. I think he has proven AGAIN, that he deserves to be in the rotation prior to emergency time......

I totally agree with you there! He should get atleast 12-15 minutes per game to rest Yao way before he gets hurt for the year. That boggles me how whenever Deke is called upon he produces but never until Yao gets injured.

I want Diop on the Team, He is a great defender and a great rebounder, very underrated player.

After recently viewing your overrated team and now seeing this, you are really on something buddy! LOL! Ok he plays good defense, just good. And a great rebounder? LOL! You've gotta be kidding me. Doesn't he average like 5 a game at 7'10"? LOL! Come on be serious. Landry and Scola all outrebound him even with Yao on the court!

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
he's not 7'10 he's 7'0 get a clue, you idiot.

Rockets&Browns
06-30-2008, 02:14 PM
he's not 7'10 he's 7'0 get a clue, you idiot.

Wow everyone, it's official this guy doesn't have all the marbles in proper rotation moving in his head! LOL! I'm an idiot because he thinks that I believe this guy is really 7'10"? LOL! Oh man you have no more credibility in any of these forums!

t-mac1nukka
06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
After recently viewing your overrated team and now seeing this, you are really on something buddy! LOL! Ok he plays good defense, just good. And a great rebounder? LOL! You've gotta be kidding me. Doesn't he average like 5 a game at 7'10"? LOL! Come on be serious. Landry and Scola all outrebound him even with Yao on the court!

i didnt realize he was the tallest player ever.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow everyone, it's official this guy doesn't have all the marbles in proper rotation moving in his head! LOL! I'm an idiot because he thinks that I believe this guy is really 7'10"? LOL! Oh man you have no more credibility in any of these forums!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0992

He's 7'0 you moron you said he's 7'10.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
I totally agree with you there! He should get atleast 12-15 minutes per game to rest Yao way before he gets hurt for the year. That boggles me how whenever Deke is called upon he produces but never until Yao gets injured.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0992
You seriously have no credibility.

TmacYao2
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
i didnt realize he was the tallest player ever.

LOL :laugh2: i know this rockets&browns guy is so stupid.

Rox07
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Its about time he got banned, hes been calling people idiot and stupid for so long. lol

HouRealCoach
06-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Atleast we have Deke & Dorsey

Driven
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Its about time he got banned, hes been calling people idiot and stupid for so long. lol
Seriously... I wish he'd just be permabanned already.

Rockets&Browns
06-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Yeah exactly! But what do these people think they are because I said the guys 7'10" with a big LOL after it! It's obvious these guys don't know what sarcasm is! LOL!

Chronz
06-30-2008, 11:54 PM
great rebounder and defender but MLE is abit much for a guy who is a complete liability on offense. Just gos to show how low people value defense compared to offense. If Diop was a guy who couldnt rebound or block shots but could hit 20Pts in the post he'd be getting 10Million a year.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-01-2008, 12:05 AM
okay deke is returing so its all good