PDA

View Full Version : Indians @ White Sox (6/30 - 7/2)

IndiansFan337
06-30-2008, 08:33 AM
||Indians (37-45) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cle)|| @ ||White Sox (46-35) (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cws)||

(6/30 - 7/2)

US Cellular Field
http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/357/US_Cellular_Field_001.jpg

Monday, June 30th, Time: 8:11 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2007/02/26/A85UpgGd.jpg http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1206/mlb_g_garcia2_195.jpg
Jeremy Sowers (0-3 record, 5.97 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460265) @ Gavin Floyd (8-4 record, 3.39 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425856)

Scouting Report:
White Sox: The Dodgers jumped on the White Sox right-hander for two runs on three hits in the first inning of Wednesday's 5-0 loss, and Floyd never seemed to recover. He allowed four earned runs on six hits over 5 1/3 innings, striking out two and walking two. Floyd also has some trouble pitching around mistakes behind him, giving up his 13th unearned run against the Dodgers, tops in the Majors. Floyd has a 1-0 record with a 6.00 ERA against the Indians this season and is 1-1 with a 4.38 ERA lifetime against Cleveland.

Indians: Although he picked up the loss, Sowers gave the Tribe a quality start in his last outing, going seven innings in Wednesday's effort against the Giants. Yes, his control was a bit erratic at times (five walks), he seemingly couldn't keep the ball in the infield (nine hits) and he found trouble early (two first-inning runs), but the left-hander showed better command of his fastball, which allowed him to mitigate the damage (three runs). Up and down from Triple-A Buffalo all season, Sowers has yet to face the White Sox in 2008. He faced them last year, though, giving up two runs in six innings for a no-decision.

Tuesday, July 1st, Time: 8:11 PM ET

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/4.26_CL_ap.jpg http://media.ohio.com/images/CXS106_Indians_Whit_8502936.jpg
Cliff Lee (11-1 record, 2.34 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=424324) @ John Danks (5-4 record, 2.62 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=433579)

Scouting Report:
White Sox: Danks closed out the month of June with another quality start, hurling six scoreless innings against the Dodgers during Thursday afternoon's series finale. Danks now has thrown 11 straight scoreless innings and ranks third in the American League for lowest ERA. He struck out three and walked four against the Dodgers, throwing 106 pitches overall, and worked out of two jams with a runner on third and less than two outs. Danks has no record in one start against Cleveland this season and has a 1-2 mark with a 4.44 ERA lifetime against the Indians. Danks also picked up his first career Interleague victory and first big league hit on Thursday.

Indians: Lee continued his campaign to be the American League's starting pitcher for the All-Star Game with another impressive start Thursday against the Giants. And this time he was actually awarded for it. The left-hander went eight innings, striking out a career-high 11 and, thanks mostly to his precisely located fastball, never really had to escape trouble to pick up his 11th win of the season. He continues to be bright spot for the Indians in 2008, especially after a rough 2007, where he was sent to Triple-A Buffalo to work out of a season-long funk. Lee has yet to face the White Sox this season, but he has faced them the most out of any opponent for his career. In 17 appearances -- 15 starts -- Lee is 4-5 with a 6.61 ERA against the White Sox.

Wednesday, July 2nd, Time: 8:11 PM ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1005/pg2_sabathia_412x480.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/tom_verducci/06/29/baseball.mailbag/t1_contreras.jpg
CC Sabathia (6-8 record, 3.78 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=282332) @ Jose Contreras (7-6 record, 3.99 ERA) (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425747)

Scouting Report:
White Sox: Contreras gave up three runs in six-plus innings in his second start against the Cubs on Friday. The performance was good enough for the right-hander to pick up his seventh win, though manager Ozzie Guillen knew how much his pitcher struggled throughout the start. The win snapped a three-game losing streak during which he'd allowed 18 runs in 16 innings. His ERA has gone from a season-low 2.76 before the losing streak to just under four. Contreras has faced Cleveland once this year, giving up just one run over six innings at U.S. Cellular Field on May 20.

Indians: Sabathia continued his hot streak since late April with another strong start. His latest victim, the Reds on Friday, managed just four hits while striking out 11 times over eight innings. The big left-hander was nearly unhittable after the second inning, retiring 15 batters in a row at one point. He's had mixed results against the White Sox this season, though, allowing five runs in 5 1/3 innings of work in an Opening Day no-decision. He pitched much better the second time around, but this time picked up the loss after a seven-inning, two-run effort. Lifetime against the White Sox, Sabathia has been much better, as he carries a 14-4 record and 3.61 ERA in 25 starts.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
There's no doubt in my mind this is the Tribe's make-or-break week.

I think they're already broke, but we'll see.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Jhonny gets us on the board first, following Francisco's two-out walk with an RBI double.

Heading to bottom of 1: Indians 1, White Sox 0

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 08:35 PM
And Sowers gives it right back...and then some.

After allowing the first two guys on base, he stuck out Quentin and then a red-hot Dye before watching Thome go yard.

That's Thome's 16th homer this year - 15 (or so it seems) are against the Indians.

End of one: White Sox 3, Indians 1.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Gavin Floyd works through the second on 10 pitches.

There's the 2008 Indians we've all grown to know.

Heading to bottom of 2: White Sox 3, Indians 1.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Sowers bounces back nicely in the second, retiring Swisher, Ramirez and Hall 1-2-3.

End of 2: White Sox 3, Indians 1.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Francisco hits a two-out single, but gets canned trying to stretch it to a double.

Sowers, again, is haunted by the two-out hit. A leadoff double by Cabrera was nearly wiped away after retiring the next two batters, but then Dye's single plates the Sox's fourth run.

After Thome's double and a walk by Crede, the bases are now loaded for the Ohio State grad Swisher.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Wham, bam, Swisher slams.

Inning isn't over and the Sox now lead 8-1.

This is completely disgusting.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Peralta opens the fourth with a solo homer.

Too bad six people weren't on base.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Sowers is gone after allowing eight runs on six hits and two walks in three innings. All eight of the White Sox runs came with two outs, and seven came via the longball.

Mujica came on to set the Sox down in order.

End of 4: White Sox 8, Indians 2.

erich72
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
WRONG! Too bad we didn't have all 12 on base. The Sox aren't done yet. Our pitcher are placing the ball on a tee for these guys.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Leadoff single by Garko goes for naught.

Mastny comes in for Mujica, who I thought pitched well enough to get a second inning of work, and sets the Sox down in order, including Thome who was 2 for 2 with a double, homer, 2 runs and 3 RBIs heading into the at-bat.

End of 5: White Sox 8, Indians 2.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Peralta rips his second double of the game - and third hit. He promptly scores when Choo rips an RBI double.

Is there enough fight in this time to come back from 8-1?

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Dellucci's infield single plates Choo after a wild pitch moved him to third.

Floyd then struck out Garko - and actually struck out the side.

Floyd has 10 K's through six innings pitched. Shouldn't be a big surprise considering who he's pitching against.

Heading to the bottom of the 6th: White Sox 8, Indians 4.

kingbrentg
06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Love the Freddy Garcia picture in Gavin Floyd's spot.

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Swisher hits his second homer of the game and notches his fifth RBI.

Goodness gracious!

TriberForLifer
06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow that was some comeback the Indians tried to pull out of their anus. Alas, Blake came to the plate as the tying run and flew out and the Indians fall the opener in the series 9-7.

duncky1188
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
If Sowers knew how not to give up 5 runs we would have won.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Love the Freddy Garcia picture in Gavin Floyd's spot.
Google Images failed me. :p

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
We gotta get rid of Sowers.

He's killing us everytime he pitches.

Anyone would be better...Even Elarton. And I hate Scott Elarton.

TriberForLifer
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I hate them both - but I think I hate Elarton more.

I just want all this frustration to end!

erich72
07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Borowski.... need I say more?!

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't believe we blew this game. First off we screw Lee out of another easy W. Then we waste Blake's clutch HR.

Everyone hates Borowski so much in Cleveland, and he is old.....So how long before we yank him from the closer role & go with some youth in that spot too, since we are now 11.5 games back & pretty much done??

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I hate them both - but I think I hate Elarton more.

I just want all this frustration to end!

It didn't end tonight.

It merely continues to build up...

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad I didn't waste my time listening to this one on MLB Audio! The "F" word was my every other word when I saw what happened.

No, I was out doing something more important last night fellas: TriberForLifer is now engaged! Yes that's right, there will be a Mrs. TriberForLifer sometime in the next year or so!

Anyway, let's hope CC keeps pitching well and improves his trade value. I've read some pretty interesting rumors involving Milwaukee (I'm sure you all have too since the articles are on this site).

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm so glad I didn't waste my time listening to this one on MLB Audio! The "F" word was my every other word when I saw what happened.

No, I was out doing something more important last night fellas: TriberForLifer is now engaged! Yes that's right, there will be a Mrs. TriberForLifer sometime in the next year or so!

Anyway, let's hope CC keeps pitching well and improves his trade value. I've read some pretty interesting rumors involving Milwaukee (I'm sure you all have too since the articles are on this site).

Congratulations!

Right after you proposed you should have told the lucky lady that she needed to now come finish listening to the game with you....Since she is soon to become Mrs. TribeForLifer. ::laugh2

erich72
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Congratulations TriberForLifer!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't believe we blew this game. First off we screw Lee out of another easy W. Then we waste Blake's clutch HR.

Everyone hates Borowski so much in Cleveland, and he is old.....So how long before we yank him from the closer role & go with some youth in that spot too, since we are now 11.5 games back & pretty much done??

Indians really should just release him.

Congrats Triberforlifer !:clap::dance:

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
That's ****ing big.....After the announcers rip on Carroll for hitting .190 on the road he lines a triple in the 5th to tie the game 3-3!!!! :D

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys!

If Tribe can't punch this fourth run across, I might punch a hole in the wall! When teams have runner at third and no one out they should never not get that run home.

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 10:01 PM
After Choo strikes out, that scenario looks more and more probable.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Gutierrez & Choo both can't get it done with Carroll on 3rd.....This is terrible....We need to take the lead here....Thank God we have Bake coming up.....I trust him more than any batter on our team in such a situation.....

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys!

If Tribe can't punch this fourth run across, I might punch a hole in the wall! When teams have runner at third and no one out they should never not get that run home.

Is the Mrs. listening with you?? :p

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:03 PM
They walk Blake to load the bases for 'Luch.

If he can get a hit here we will be in good shape....But I'm not confident....

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
They just said that 'Luch is 0 for 9 this year with the bases loaded....Great... :rolleyes:

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Gosh./....Another darn lazy pop out by 'Luch to Quentin in LF........ :mad:

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
That right there was the true sign of a bad team.

erich72
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
That right there was the true sign of a bad team.

Couldn't have said it better!

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Is the Mrs. listening with you?? :p

No, actually she's already looking through bridal magazines and girly stuff like that. hahaha!

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
The announcers called it.....Grady Sizemore takes the AL lead in HR's with his 20th HR.

He also becomes the AL's first 20/20 player this year.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
No, actually she's already looking through bridal magazines and girly stuff like that. hahaha!

Is she a Fla girl or an OH girl, if you don't mind me asking?

My sister just got engaged last fall & did the same stuff....Gotta get them gals more into pro sports....the important stuff!! ;)

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Leave it to Grady! Only position player with any nuts on this team!

Those damn Rays just put a four spot up in the 7th against Boston and have taken the lead. They have the brooms out at the Trop!

This Rays team reminds me a little of the 94 Indians - a bunch of young guys with a lot of confidence who come out of no where to contend. I like them a lot!

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
She's a FL girl, but we're probably getting married in the AK next fall. She likes how the leaves actually change colors up north, lol.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM

Those damn Rays just put a four spot up in the 7th against Boston and have taken the lead. They have the brooms out at the Trop!

This Rays team reminds me a little of the 94 Indians - a bunch of young guys with a lot of confidence who come out of no where to contend. I like them a lot!
Well, thank God for those Rays that there is no strike looming!! :p

She's a FL girl, but we're probably getting married in the AK next fall. She likes how the leaves actually change colors up north, lol.

Anyhow, I live in AK....So I am likely to crash your wedding...Before you marry her you need to let here know that Indians > Rays/Marlins/Braves/Yankees/Any other team. And make sure that she agrees. That is something that can separate a marriage down the line!!

erich72
07-02-2008, 10:34 PM

First and foremost, I will forever be an Indians fan...FOREVER. However, knowing we have ZERO shot this year and at the risk of getting crucufied by my tribe, I am rooting for the Rays to take it this year. Perhaps with Sabathia as their ace, who knows.

erich72
07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey, my wife had no knowledge of the Indians when we got married 12 years ago. Since then she has seen me cry (real tears) of joy and agony. She now knows all the players and goes to the games with me every year. They can be raised in the ways of the tribe, it is possible.

Best wishes to you and your fiance'.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Gosh./....Another darn lazy pop out by 'Luch to Quentin in LF........ :mad:

Why don't we bring somebody up from the minors be better then watching that bum..:bang:

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
First and foremost, I will forever be an Indians fan...FOREVER. However, knowing we have ZERO shot this year and at the risk of getting crucufied by my tribe, I am rooting for the Rays to take it this year. Perhaps with Sabathia as their ace, who knows.

CC isn't going to the Rays....Although the Indians are out of the playoff chase....

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Why don't we bring somebody up from the minors be better then watching that bum..:bang:

Because he gas a guaranteed contract....I think we go over this at least once during every series......

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Great.... :rolleyes:

Blake makes an error by throwing the ball past Garko into the seats....

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Ozuna is about to take off for 3rd base.....

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Because he gas a guaranteed contract....I think we go over this at least once during every series......
That was the first time I was told this. Thats a real bummer..

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
That's it Wedge - let CC throw 120-plus pitches so he can blow his arm out down the stretch for some other team and hurt his stock this offseason so we can re-sign him.

Haha, brilliant!

My fiance didn't even acknowledge baseball at the time we got together. Last season's playoff run was a very eye-opening experience for her, and she actually got into it. Now she roots for them and has actually grown to like (somewhat) baseball. We're going to a couple games in Tampa in August.

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh, and another thing she learned is that Grady is effin awesome!

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 11:30 PM
That's it Wedge - let CC throw 120-plus pitches so he can blow his arm out down the stretch for some other team and hurt his stock this offseason so we can re-sign him.

Haha, brilliant!

My fiance didn't even acknowledge baseball at the time we got together. Last season's playoff run was a very eye-opening experience for her, and she actually got into it. Now she roots for them and has actually grown to like (somewhat) baseball. We're going to a couple games in Tampa in August.

That sounds like my girlfriend.

I sure hope it isn't just her being nice about my hobbies...And then turning into a ***** if/when we get married.

We went to 3 regular season Cavs games & then went to a Cavs round one playoff game vs. Washington & a Cavs round two playoff game vs. Boston....And she loved it.....I love the fact that she loved it. It was terrific.

Now I am hoping she feels the same way about the Tribe. But since we are losing & doing poorly, I think it will be somewhat different. We had a lot of conflicts early in the MLB season due to spring classes, then summer classes/work...But we are planning to go to game in late-July. I think we are actually going to a Dollar Dog night at the Pro vs. Detroit at the end of this month.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM

Haha, brilliant!

That sounds like my girlfriend.

I sure hope it isn't just her being nice about my hobbies...And then turning into a ***** if/when we get married.

We went to 3 regular season Cavs games & then went to a Cavs round one playoff game vs. Washington & a Cavs round two playoff game vs. Boston....And she loved it.....I love the fact that she loved it. It was terrific.

Now I am hoping she feels the same way about the Tribe. But since we are losing & doing poorly, I think it will be somewhat different. We had a lot of conflicts early in the MLB season due to spring classes, then summer classes/work...But we are planning to go to game in late-July. I think we are actually going to a Dollar Dog night at the Pro vs. Detroit at the end of this month.

TriberForLifer
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM
On to extras, and all because of Grady!

We have five runs on seven hits. Grady has driven in two and scored four of the five runs, and has three of the seven hits.

This is seriously a one-man offense.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
We are heading to extra innings, but I need to hit the hay.

I have to be at work by 7:00am tomorrow morning, and I should have been asleep by 10:00pm.

GO TRIBE!!!!

I hope we win this one & I will talk to you all tomorrow...

CHWworldseries
07-03-2008, 06:32 AM
bad news 4 u they lost