PDA

View Full Version : 2010 cap space.....who to sign?

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 08:31 AM
When we have tons of cap space in 2010 who do you see the Heat trying to go after or hope to go after. I know its early yet but still give me your opinions. I hope they get Lebron he brings great leadership and is an amazing all around player he would really step up and help miami. At that time if Michael Beasley is still on the Heat then he would be a great and even better player within those couple of years of experience. I would not mind having Lebron and a talented Beasley paired up together.

:hi5::clap::laugh::jumpy::D

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 04:27 PM
If there is any way on this earth to land King James - ever - the Miami Heat should do all in their power to make it happen. No disrespect to D-Wade, but he's been injured badly for two straight years...he's the like the South Beach version of Baron Davis. We need a monster like James to revive this franchise.

danbola
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
This is a list of 2010 free agents I got off another site:

Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Ben Wallace
LeBron James (player option)
Dirk Nowitzki (player option)
Josh Howard (player option)
Marcus Camby
Rip Hamilton
Stephen Jackson
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Dwyane Wade (player option)
Michael Redd (player option)
Tyson Chandler (player option)
Eddy Curry (player option)
Amare Stoudemire (player option)
Brad Miller
Manu Ginobili
Chris Bosh (player option)
Brandon Roy (restricted)

First, our top priority is Wade. After we resign him, the 2 players I'd love to go after are Amare and Bosh. I really doubt we would have any shot at Lebron. If he leaves Cleveland, he's headed to the Nets or Knicks if they have cap room by then.

Mambo Kings
06-30-2008, 05:03 PM
I think this season is make or break for D-Wade. If he gets significantly hurt for a third straight year, it should be obvious to even his most passionate fanclub that he's a liability to this franchise.

I'm all about LeBron James. If we can in any way acquire him, D-Wade should get his walking papers and be shown the door. Honestly, if we're not paying D-Wade, couldn't we afford King James?

fins08
06-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Come on. D-Wade for Lebron. LBJ has been the better player, but I would rather have the guy that started off with this team as our draft pick. I don't think we get Lebron. Bosh would be more in our league. If not, our SF should be T-Mac. T-Mac, Wade, Beasley- 3 favorite players all at different positions. Shaq!. No he will be retired I was kidding. Amare would be unbelievable. If we get one of the guys I mentioned, not Shaq, I will be happy as a clam.

GoneGuru
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
yea, amare stoudemire... mark this post, save it, and frame it, stoudemire will come to miami for 3 reasons.

the cap room we have will allow for us to get a big contract as well as resign wade.

so heres the reasons why i think the guy we bring in will be stoudemire, and NOT bosh.

#1 - stoudermire can legitly play center: yes, stoudemire is a legit center if put at the spot, hes still very young and his athleticism cant be missed, putting him and beasley together at the power positions borders on unfair, stoudemire is also a big strong dude, as opposed to bosh..who seems to think hes a small forward or a shooting guard in a PF's body.

#2 - amare is from florida: yep, hes from florida, and he most likely would like to spend his prime playing relatively close to home, with wade and beasley, competing for every title for the next decade.

#3 - Phoenix is on the way down - ok, shaq is done in a year (which would have been the case whether he stayed with miami, or not) nash is getting oldre, hill wont be around much longer, barbosa and diaw could be traded and not sure they could carry a franchise, terry porter is the head coach and not as prolific as some, and kerr seems determined to make the suns suck. so amare will likely want to bolt to a team that could A.Win and B.Win a lot. and he must know that joining 2 rare talents would ensure contstant contention, so leaving the ashes of phoenix for the richs of what miami could offer, seems very logical.

so believe me when i say, it WILL be Amare Stoudermire that we add and not bosh, and james is already secretly planning to go to brooklyn with jayz, which is the most obvious case of tampering i think ive ever seen in this league.

jmp19
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
If there is any way on this earth to land King James - ever - the Miami Heat should do all in their power to make it happen. No disrespect to D-Wade, but he's been injured badly for two straight years...he's the like the South Beach version of Baron Davis. We need a monster like James to revive this franchise.

What?!?! There is no way I would trade Wade for Lebron... there is no way... I just believe that when Wade is healthy he is a better player.

And I like the idea of Amare in a Heat uniform.

DQL
06-30-2008, 11:14 PM
yea, amare stoudemire... mark this post, save it, and frame it, stoudemire will come to miami for 3 reasons.

the cap room we have will allow for us to get a big contract as well as resign wade.

so heres the reasons why i think the guy we bring in will be stoudemire, and NOT bosh.

#1 - stoudermire can legitly play center: yes, stoudemire is a legit center if put at the spot, hes still very young and his athleticism cant be missed, putting him and beasley together at the power positions borders on unfair, stoudemire is also a big strong dude, as opposed to bosh..who seems to think hes a small forward or a shooting guard in a PF's body.

#2 - amare is from florida: yep, hes from florida, and he most likely would like to spend his prime playing relatively close to home, with wade and beasley, competing for every title for the next decade.

#3 - Phoenix is on the way down - ok, shaq is done in a year (which would have been the case whether he stayed with miami, or not) nash is getting oldre, hill wont be around much longer, barbosa and diaw could be traded and not sure they could carry a franchise, terry porter is the head coach and not as prolific as some, and kerr seems determined to make the suns suck. so amare will likely want to bolt to a team that could A.Win and B.Win a lot. and he must know that joining 2 rare talents would ensure contstant contention, so leaving the ashes of phoenix for the richs of what miami could offer, seems very logical.

so believe me when i say, it WILL be Amare Stoudermire that we add and not bosh, and james is already secretly planning to go to brooklyn with jayz, which is the most obvious case of tampering i think ive ever seen in this league.

I agree. wow Amare+Beastly :ohno:

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Lebron has no heart, Wade has heart he want's the ball in his hand's with the final seconds running down. With a 100% wade, I would take any day!!!

Come on. D-Wade for Lebron. LBJ has been the better player, but I would rather have the guy that started off with this team as our draft pick. I don't think we get Lebron. Bosh would be more in our league. If not, our SF should be T-Mac. T-Mac, Wade, Beasley- 3 favorite players all at different positions. Shaq!. No he will be retired I was kidding. Amare would be unbelievable. If we get one of the guys I mentioned, not Shaq, I will be happy as a clam.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
wow i cant belive it was brought up to have Lebron, and let Wade walk...:pity:

but as for Amare that would be amazing!!! i love how he plays:jumpy:

BALLER71
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I know Lebron won't come here.
Lebron + Miami= Most marketable player in the history of sports.

but we should re-sign Wade.

king j.a.l.
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
he's the like the South Beach version of Baron Davis.:mad:

Wow I consider that an insult of the highest nature.:mad: But I think that having Amare , Wade, Beasleywould be an fantasic team.

king j.a.l.
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Ben Wallace
LeBron James (player option)
Dirk Nowitzki (player option)
Josh Howard (player option)
Marcus Camby
Rip Hamilton
Stephen Jackson
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Dwyane Wade (player option)
Michael Redd (player option)
Tyson Chandler (player option)
Eddy Curry (player option)
Amare Stoudemire (player option)
Brad Miller
Manu Ginobili
Chris Bosh (player option)
Brandon Roy (restricted)

When you look at this list of players you can't help but get excited bcuz not only can we get another superstar in maybe Amare,Bosh, or Lebron but there are guys on this list that we might be able to get that might just want to win a title and are willing to play for the vet minimum or exception like ray,ray, miller, jackson, or maybe mcgrady.

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
What?!?! There is no way I would trade Wade for Lebron... there is no way... I just believe that when Wade is healthy he is a better player.

And I like the idea of Amare in a Heat uniform.

WO WO WO WO WO WO WO, Lets not get too ahead of are selfs, come on wade isnt better then lebron, Maybe if wade had Lebrons boby he would be better but, since he doesnt you cant say that, No one in this league can Guard Lebron. They have to put 3 guys on him to stop him, I mean come on he took his team to the Finals all by himself. And went into game 7 vs boston, Having the worst series in his career, if you were to switch wade with lebron, right now i think that Wade couldnt make the playoffs with the roster that the Cavs have, WHile Lebron can.

jmp19
07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
WO WO WO WO WO WO WO, Lets not get too ahead of are selfs, come on wade isnt better then lebron, Maybe if wade had Lebrons boby he would be better but, since he doesnt you cant say that, No one in this league can Guard Lebron. They have to put 3 guys on him to stop him, I mean come on he took his team to the Finals all by himself. And went into game 7 vs boston, Having the worst series in his career, if you were to switch wade with lebron, right now i think that Wade couldnt make the playoffs with the roster that the Cavs have, WHile Lebron can.

Who do you think carried the Heat to the NBA Title? Of course LeBron will have more ability because of the size of his body, but he doesn't have other qualities that Wade does which make me think Wade is a better player.

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Who do you think carried the Heat to the NBA Title? Of course LeBron will have more ability because of the size of his body, but he doesn't have other qualities that Wade does which make me think Wade is a better player.

Rather you like it or not Dallas was still puting 2 people on shaq every time, Which left wade on 1v1s alot, so you cant say Wade did it by himself, Walker had a Nice Series, And posey Hit alot of 3s that were clutch, Haslem was doing his Thing and of couse Zo was just not letting anyone get into the Paint. Wade didnt Alot of the Scoring but, The rest of are players did the little things to help us win. Im pretty sure that if Lebron had the Shaq of 2 years ago, he would of won the Finals.

PG J-Will/Payton
SG Lebron/Posey
SF Walker/Wright
PF Haslem/Micheal
C SHaq/Zo

Compare that to
PG Snow/D.Jones
SG Hughes/Gibson
SF Lebron/Newbly
PF Gooden/Marshall
C Ilgauskas/Varejao

Mambo Kings
07-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Taking nothing away from Dwyane Wade, he's no LeBron James. Wade is very talented, but come on...better than King James?! I can't even take remarks like that very seriously. That's like saying Wade is better than Kobe Bryant (of whom I am no big admirer, but I have to respect his game). Wade is very good, if and when he's ever healthy, but he was never the best player in the NBA and probably never will be.

LeBron James, if you can believe it, is still only 23 years old (three younger than D-Wade). He single-handedly got his team to the NBA Finals, and through any playoff success it's ever had. It's LeBron and Co. up in Cleveland, whereas Dwyane Wade has never been asked to carry an entire team of scrubs. He can't even stay healthy enough, leaving aside the question of whether he has the talent.

If Miami had the slightest chance to pick up LeBron, giving up Wade, they'd be fools to pass at the chance.