PDA

View Full Version : Would you keep the same team or sign new players?

Global Celtic
06-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I think the biggest challenge for Danny Ainge and the Celtics board will be to mantain certain key personnel from this season. Obviously I'm talking about Posey and T.Thibodeau, but also about PJ, Sam and Eddie.

I read all this fan talk about new players that would fit, and I'm agree that we can improve. But I would prefer to keep all the guys from this season than to make a big signing. Come on, this season was almost perfect...
We have a truly special group of people in our organization. Let's at least try to mantain them (although I kwow it's a difficult task to keep Posey and Thibodeau).

What do you think? Does the seeking of an upgrade for this team worth the risk of losing some of this great chemistry?

papelbon58
06-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Keep. Don't fix what isn't broken. All of these guys proved they can play in our system.

Ewagner
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
you need to fix it. yes it was a good season but also a long season. they are all great athletes but still they will wear down.

DieHard CELT
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
we need to get rid of sam cassell and re-sign eddie house. I know PJ had a good post season and helped out a lot, but he is old and we can find a younger, better PF/C. Posey needs to stay along with Tibs. Im sick of all these threads about how we need to sign mourning or mutumbo. Come on guys, stop thinking about all these 36+ yr old guys. We need a good productive center that can play 20 mins a game because we all know perkins cant play more than 20 mins without getting into foul trouble.

Jeremy5150
06-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I, too, believe that you concentrate your $$ on House and Posey. Get who you can afterwards - including Cassell. I don't think you need to "upgrade" at all. Upgrade from what? This isn't NBA Live 09, where you get a 90 rated player over an 87 rated player...these are people...an average player in the right situation will perform like a star. Ask Powe, Perkins, Davis, House...they just CLICKED...which is rare. Look at the Bulls teams...Luc Longley...Jud Bucheler, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr...all were average at best (with specific gifts like Kerr)...and they clicked...and won.

As Rummie says: "You go to war with the Army you have, not the army you want..."

MilledgeGomez
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
I say keep the team together and if PJ wants to retire we could go the Roger Clemens route and talk him into signing after the AS break

bagwell368
06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I, too, believe that you concentrate your $$ on House and Posey. Get who you can afterwards - including Cassell. I don't think you need to "upgrade" at all. Upgrade from what? This isn't NBA Live 09, where you get a 90 rated player over an 87 rated player...these are people...an average player in the right situation will perform like a star. Ask Powe, Perkins, Davis, House...they just CLICKED...which is rare. Look at the Bulls teams...Luc Longley...Jud Bucheler, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr...all were average at best (with specific gifts like Kerr)...and they clicked...and won.

As Rummie says: "You go to war with the Army you have, not the army you want..."

OMG...!!

Cassell sucks - he will never be brought back, can't you read body language? Our coach hates him!

House is a spare part, of whom there are about 8 available that are better then House.

Toni Kukoc was a lot better then average.

Posey is a critical piece, but I am afraid he is gone unless they offer the best contract.

Global Celtic
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I would prefer, for example, to keep Posey instead of getting Maggette.

Corey
07-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Posey's better at his role than Maggette would be, so that isn't a fair comparison.

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 02:30 AM
as much as i like maggettes scoring off the bench and its sumthing we really need... posey is too important to this teams chemistry...but if he boltz i wouldnt mind maggette...another possible option would be pietrus he can shoot the 3 and he plays excellent defense... he would essentially take poseys role tho not be the bench scorer i think we need...

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:04 AM
yar should keep the same team if something not broke don't try to fix it.