PDA

View Full Version : Who's Twin Tower is the best?

khoolit_jom#8
06-30-2008, 05:03 AM
The Boy in the other forum said that beware of the twin tower of the RAPTORS..

"I say they better beware on our twin tower"

what do you guys think?
who do you think will be more dominant next season?..

Andrew bynum / Pau Gasol
or
Chris Bosh / Jermaine O'neal

GermanLakersFan
06-30-2008, 05:10 AM
The Boy in the other forum said that beware of the twin tower of the RAPTORS..

what do you guys think?
who do you think will be more dominant next season?..

Andrew bynum / Pau Gasol
or
Chris Bosh / Jermaine O'neal

LAKERS BABY!! Didn't that guy watch last years game between Pacers and Lakers Andrew freakin dominated O'neal he blocked him twice within 5-10 seconds or so. that was great.
Now Bosh is a different Story but I think Gasol can contain him. The best thing about our twin towers is...they are only option 2 and 3...We still have a guy named Kobe...:smoking::clap: and we all know what he can do to the raptors :smoking:

RoyalG333
06-30-2008, 12:21 PM
LAKERS BABY!! Didn't that guy watch last years game between Pacers and Lakers Andrew freakin dominated O'neal he blocked him twice within 5-10 seconds or so. that was great.
Now Bosh is a different Story but I think Gasol can contain him. The best thing about our twin towers is...they are only option 2 and 3...We still have a guy named Kobe...:smoking::clap: and we all know what he can do to the raptors :smoking:

couldnt have said it better myself

LA_Raiders
06-30-2008, 12:53 PM
LAs bb! No Question,

Gasom & Bunym (Next Season) 40PPG, 23RPG, 12APG, 5 BPG & 3 SPG

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Ours by default since Jermaine is one of the most overrated big men in the league

x_notorious
06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
With both sides being healthy, I'd take the Lakers of course.

Silver.
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
lol he posts it in the lakers forum,what do you think is gunna be the answer in here?IMO Bosh O'neal is much better when healthy but the fact of the matter is neither of them have played together.

kevo999
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
based on individual play you would prbly give the nod to the raptors. However, the lakers are the better team. This allows them to use their twin towers better than the raptors. having odom kobe and fish makes them better than the raptors.

eddynooo
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
based on individual play you would prbly give the nod to the raptors. However, the lakers are the better team. This allows them to use their twin towers better than the raptors. having odom kobe and fish makes them better than the raptors.

Bynum tore up Jermaine. So Bosh is THAT much better than Pau to make their duo better than our duo? I think not.

Silver.
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
O'neal played horrible all season,Lets not forget JO is a 6 time all-star and all Bynums had almost half of a decent season.And Bosh is better than Gasol at this point in his career and he hasnt hit his prime yet.

Lakersfan2483
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
La gets the nod because of Bynum and O'neal's injuries. I think Bosh is a little better than Pau. O'neal when healthy was a good defender, but I think Bynum will tear him up next year.

crew158
06-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Bynum is just too big w/ long arms for JO to pose any threat to him. Of course the Raps two have had better careers thus far, but, in terms of next year, the Lakes twin towers will prove to be significantly better.

BigDaddyKaine
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
O'neal played horrible all season,Lets not forget JO is a 6 time all-star and all Bynums had almost half of a decent season.And Bosh is better than Gasol at this point in his career and he hasnt hit his prime yet.

If he played horrible all last season.... whats gonna change this year to make him better

and you say bosh hasnt hit his prime yet and he is better than Pau. Well Bynum is no where near his Prime and he straight BEASTED Jermaine Oneal last year

North Yorker
06-30-2008, 05:40 PM
O'neal played on basically one leg last year, and then decided to shut it down and sit out for the rest of the year to rehab his knee so that he would be 100% this year where the Pacers could get some trade value for him.

Anyway, can't wait to see these two teams play each other this season. Hopefully all 4 of those guys will be healthy

Wade3
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Lakers have the better big men. Gasol just needs to build some more strenght but LAkers are better

LakerzDQ
06-30-2008, 08:30 PM
our twin towers are taller.

agapeLAKERS
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
I would have to go with Toronto with this one.

But anser this question would you trade Bynum & Gasol for JO & Bosh?

I would say no because of the youth of Bynum.

lakers4sho
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
You posted it in a Laker forum, you know what answer you're gonna get :D

khoolit_jom#8
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
You posted it in a Laker forum, you know what answer you're gonna get :D

hahaha.. just wanted somethin that we can tackle about our team thats not about trade rumors or somethin like that... just pure analyzation and predictions on the upcoming season..:)

LA TWIN TOWER!!!!

Fireworld
07-01-2008, 12:02 AM

LOOOOOOOL:clap::clap:

albertc86
07-01-2008, 03:22 AM
This is coming from a Laker fan --- If healthy, I think Toronto's is better. Gasol is just too soft. O'neal and Bosh would punk him. Not to mention, they have more range, and are a little more physical.

Iceman_9
07-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Gasol and Bynum are better.. Jermaine is injury plagued. He wont be the same again. Look at his FG% for the past years. I think it was dropping.

conway429
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Gasol and Bynum are better.. Jermaine is injury plagued. He wont be the same again. Look at his FG% for the past years. I think it was dropping.

Not really, he still shot 44% last year, which isn't bad, and it was actually higher than the year before when he averaged 20/10.

This thread is so ridiculously biased.... 80% of you think that Bynum+Gasol are better than Bosh+O'Neal... are you kidding me?

Gasol is the softest "big man" in the league, and Bynum plays 30 games and he's supposedly better than perennial all-stars?

Bynum only averaged 13/10 anyways... there's no way he's nearly as good as Bosh, and I'm not even sure if I'd say he's any better than O'Neal at this point. (JO was injured last year, but the year before that he was an all-star, putting up 20/10... so don't write him off yet.)

At the very least this poll should be 50/50, considering it's a Laker forum, but 80/20 is pretty ignorant.

ThE ShOw
07-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Not really, he still shot 44% last year, which isn't bad, and it was actually higher than the year before when he averaged 20/10.

This thread is so ridiculously biased.... 80% of you think that Bynum+Gasol are better than Bosh+O'Neal... are you kidding me?

Gasol is the softest "big man" in the league, and Bynum plays 30 games and he's supposedly better than perennial all-stars?

Bynum only averaged 13/10 anyways... there's no way he's nearly as good as Bosh, and I'm not even sure if I'd say he's any better than O'Neal at this point. (JO was injured last year, but the year before that he was an all-star, putting up 20/10... so don't write him off yet.)

At the very least this poll should be 50/50, considering it's a Laker forum, but 80/20 is pretty ignorant.
Thats not bad for a guard. A PF or C should be over 50%.

LakerDeftones
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
i wonder which one will win the poll...

agapeLAKERS
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Yeah 44% for a big guy is herendous. Look at Bynum and Gasol 63.6% and 58.9% respectively. Bosh isn't that great as far as shooting percentage at 49.4%. Shooting percentage is not a good argument to claim that Bosh & O'neal are better than Gasol and Bynum.

Also those guys make all star team in the east where big men are more rare.

Despite all that I still voted for O'neal and Bosh cause they have longer track records than Bynum. I want to see Bynum return from injury and continue his high performance.

SouljahPhil...
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Of course lakers...

conway429
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah 44% for a big guy is herendous.

It's not herendous, depending on the player's style...
My point was in response to someone saying that he's essentially washed up, and his FG% has been dropping over the last few seasons...
JO has never shot better than 48% in a season, so I wouldn't say 44% is so bad.

conway429
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll make a bet JO is an all-star next season.

khoolit_jom#8
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll make a bet JO is an all-star next season.

How about,
AB17 / PG16 / KB24 2009 all-stars

yUrGrEaTnEsS
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
lmao who cares.
kobe scored 81 on the raptors! :p
hahahahahhahahahahahhaha!
lakers are gonna RULE!:D

da1nonly
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
so in the finals against boston...
if everyone was 100% healthy (ie. bynum and oneal, no injury concerns whatsoever)...

which lineup would you rather have against
rondo, allen, pierce, kg and perkins?

bynum, gasol, odom, kobe, fisher

OR

o'neil, bosh, odom, kobe, fisher

if kobe was asked point blank... "hey we're in the finals against boston... we can make a trade before the series starts... do you want bosh or gasol? do want bynum or oneal?" I wonder what he'd say???

I think getting allstars bosh and oneal would be like when pierce got allstars allen and kg to help win the championship...

pmmr2113
02-14-2009, 05:43 AM
so much for that whole twin towers for toronto. shame on all 13 of you who voted against bynum and pau

KB24PG16
02-14-2009, 05:49 AM
cant this anymore since he got traded to miami

JJ81
02-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Are you joking? JO and Bosh were NOTHING. JO is well past it and I never felt threatened by them at all. Their coach said it the best early in the season, "they made our twin towers look small".

Rocco007
02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
When healthy, I would give a slight edge to The FORMER Bosh/O'Neal combo...based on Bynum's inexperience..There's no question that Bynum presents a formidable presence in the post all ready..But he's still developing his all around game.. Bosh/O'Neal are both established NBA Stars.
But by default.. We now have the best front line in the business..Now if only LO can fill the 3 spot.

EddieB
02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Lakers

IDB Josh M
02-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I thought this was comparing Pay and Bynum to Robinson and Duncan.

:shrug:

Rocco007
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought this was comparing Pay and Bynum to Robinson and Duncan.

:shrug:

Defensively that was probably the best duo ever, if not period...We have a long way to go.

Raidaz4Life
02-14-2009, 02:17 PM
When healthy, I would give a slight edge to The FORMER Bosh/O'Neal combo...based on Bynum's inexperience..There's no question that Bynum presents a formidable presence in the post all ready..But he's still developing his all around game.. Bosh/O'Neal are both established NBA Stars.
But by default.. We now have the best front line in the business..Now if only LO can fill the 3 spot.

Jermaine is far from an established all star.... sure he put up the numbers but never has he been efficient

Lakers09
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
thats a joke

IDB Josh M
02-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Defensively that was probably the best duo ever, if not period...We have a long way to go.

If Bynum and Pau develop into Duncan - Robinson .... look out league. That's up to Pau though, Bynum has shown (barring getting injured) that he can gobble up rebounds like a mad man in addition to his non-record kept defensive presence.

I blame European style, otherwise Pau would be more willing to bang in the middle. You'd be surprised how effective merely keeping an offensive player out of position before he gets the ball is effective.

New Power House
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Ours by default since Jermaine is one of the most overrated big men in the league

This is useless,Jermaine is gone! Him versus Bynum no contest. :smoking:

New Power House
02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
This is coming from a Laker fan --- If healthy, I think Toronto's is better. Gasol is just too soft. O'neal and Bosh would punk him. Not to mention, they have more range, and are a little more physical.

As a Laker fan you sound too soft in your analysis. Check your numbers boy.:cool: