PDA

View Full Version : Jason Willams Free Agent:Backup PG?

FreedomReigns
06-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Jason Williams is a unrestricted free agent yet theres been no mention of him by us, the fans, that i've seen. Wouldn't be a bad option as a backup. Williams has decent handles and decent court vision.

Heres some stats I like:

Career .816 from the line.

4.6 assist in 28 minutes a game on a crap offensive squad.

1.2 steals

.353 from 3 point line,last year.

Theres negatives as well but it's not like he would be starting and im pretty sure with the way teams are strapped for cash he would come fairly cheap. Suns still have the Mid-Level Exception for signing free agents which is around 5-6 Mil. approximately.

Ghouse
06-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Yea, get him out of here we don't want him anymore old piece of *beep*.

theimortalone
06-30-2008, 09:49 AM
J-Will would not be too bad of a pick up. I wouldnt mind him. We need a back up for Nash ASAP.

lavis
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Maybe for the absolute minimum.. He is washed up, inconsistent and doesnt really make a difference. Sometimes he might be helpful though.

FreedomReigns
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe for the absolute minimum.. He is washed up, inconsistent and doesnt really make a difference. Sometimes he might be helpful though.

Understood, but at the same time it's hard to judge how "washed up" Williams truly is. Statistically he was slightly above average on a team that was poor at best. I believe consistancy could be achieved when playing in the right rotation with the right guys. Miami's roster was never consistant, ever changing and they seemed a bit mentally challenged as well. Can't say Williams wasn't at fault but he also wasn't the biggest problem.

Not that any of this talk really matters. It's all fan speculation and doesn't amount to anything in the end. If Steve Kerr is surfing the boards for ideas to better the team then the Suns might as well fold the franchise and I might as well give up on the NBA.

lavis
06-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Understood, but at the same time it's hard to judge how "washed up" Williams truly is. Statistically he was slightly above average on a team that was poor at best. I believe consistancy could be achieved when playing in the right rotation with the right guys. Miami's roster was never consistant, ever changing and they seemed a bit mentally challenged as well. Can't say Williams wasn't at fault but he also wasn't the biggest problem.

Not that any of this talk really matters. It's all fan speculation and doesn't amount to anything in the end. If Steve Kerr is surfing the boards for ideas to better the team then the Suns might as well fold the franchise and I might as well give up on the NBA.

I watched the Heat when Shaq was there (and we he wasnt [injured]) so my opinion on J-Will isnt based on any stats. Mostly, the guy is just invisible on the court and doesnt control or run the offense. Sometimes though, he shows some flashes, but in several cases it's because the other teams defense gives him room. If he has a lot of good players or shooters around him, it will make him better though. Maybe he could even "fit" in the Suns.. But I heard Suns options are Duhon, A. Johnson and Lue. There's no point in signing an injury prone player to take some load off Nash's back. We need a consistent guy.

Of course our talk doesnt affect anything but it isnt suppose to. You just realized it?

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
take him:)

STAT32
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
^^ J-Will is absolutely useless in a half court set. He would have been perfect for D'antoni's style but not now. He's trash in a slow game...

jets25
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Well im not entirely sold on Williams, but he would be an upgrade over Banks for the past 2 yrs. We havent really had a decent back-up point.

Theres no doubt in my mind that J-Dub can run the fast-paced game, but the problem is running half-court sets.

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
J-Will may be useless in a half-court set but Phx will be running more than setting up.

FreedomReigns
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Of course our talk doesnt affect anything but it isnt suppose to. You just realized it?

Nah, I didn't just realize it. That was a random rumbling.

nashty13
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I would go after Duhon first, but I would put Williams ahead of Tyronn Lou and Anthony Johnson. He's played more big minutes in games that mattered more than the other two and his been relatively clutch when it matters. He's not careless with the ball like he used to be. Clearly he's an upgrade over LB/DJ who is our backups right now.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
J-Will may be useless in a half-court set but Phx will be running more than setting up.

Dought it. They are getting slower. Now that Mike is gone Steve Nash will go back to being his old self an average PG. He was and probably still is overrated. He is a willing passer which made him flourish under Mike the same thing will happen If some1 like Rafer Alston was to play for Mike. To Hell with getting a Back up PG you all need to be looking for a Young PG that will eventually replace Nash. Me personally I would trade Nash while he has very high trade value. Because dude is like 34 and it's gonna show this season. Quote me on this.

king4day
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Dought it. They are getting slower. Now that Mike is gone Steve Nash will go back to being his old self an average PG. He was and probably still is overrated. He is a willing passer which made him flourish under Mike the same thing will happen If some1 like Rafer Alston was to play for Mike. To Hell with getting a Back up PG you all need to be looking for a Young PG that will eventually replace Nash. Me personally I would trade Nash while he has very high trade value. Because dude is like 34 and it's gonna show this season. Quote me on this.

Based on ur post, his value has already dropped.
His age showed last year so no ones questioning it won't show this year as well.
Suns drafted their potential future PG in Dragic. They need a backup Point like Lue to keep Nash's minutes down.
You put Alson on this team the last few years and we don't succeed like we did with Nash. Only J-Kidd coulda kept this team rolling if it wasn't going to be Nash. Alston can't pick apart the defense like Nash did and he's not as good a shooter or as clutch as Nash was.
I like Rafer but to say they coulda done what they did under Coach D, without Nash is just silly.

king4day
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I would go after Duhon first, but I would put Williams ahead of Tyronn Lou and Anthony Johnson. He's played more big minutes in games that mattered more than the other two and his been relatively clutch when it matters. He's not careless with the ball like he used to be. Clearly he's an upgrade over LB/DJ who is our backups right now.

Looks like the Knicks have offered him 2 years at 3.5 a year.
If he's willing to take that few year, then why aren't we making this offer?