PDA

View Full Version : Championship memorabilia

69centers
06-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Anyone pick up anything new after the C's won it all? There's so many hats and t-shirts to pick from!

Magazines
I got the Sports Illustrated commemorative issue, which has excellent photography. There's another magazine I saw that I wanna get that also had some great pictures, which was about $6.99, but I can't remember who put it out. There were some other pricey, thick commemorative books put out by the Herald and some other papers, but some of them weren't worth the price, and had either lower quality printing and photography, or awkward text layouts that didn't look very appealing.

Hats
I already have plenty of hats, so I haven't picked up any of the new ones. There's those Adidas locker room hats, but I though it didn't have enough green on it. Even worse was a cheaper version put out at supermarkets and Wal-Mart that had so much yellow on it you'd swear it was a Laker hat from 10 feet or more away. It only had a small leprechaun logo in the middle. I'm hoping Reebok puts out a leather Celtics championship hat like they put out for the Patriots the last time they won.

Photos/Plaques
I saw a lot of 8x10 photos at a flea market today, and lots of the pics were from the Finals. Ocean State Job Lot had some nice plaques for like $13 all season long. I picked up a 5 player plaque that they had been selling all year, which featured Posey, House, KG, Ray, and Pierce:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-CELTICS-07-08-NBA-Licensed-Numbered-Plaque_W0QQitemZ120277523072QQihZ002QQcategoryZ251 57QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and then, right before the end of the regular season, the same photo had Posey and House taken out and Rondo and Perkins added in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-CELTICS-07-08-STARTERS-PLAQUE-11-X-13_W0QQitemZ250263306788QQihZ015QQcategoryZ37648QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I like both, and the one with Posey and House is fitting because they were inserted off the bench and each had key plays in the Finals which helped us win the title.

Shirts
I have the basic gray championship tee that everyone was selling a few days later. I like the white one, but it's so hard to keep it white. The greens and the blacks are so rich in color, I'm worried about washing them a few times and having everything else get stained green! I also hate those Wal-Mart Celtics tees that aren't even the right color green. They're like bright kiddie green. I guess it's so in the middle of the summer right now that I haven't really seen any sweatshirts at all. I'm sure they'll be some in the fall. I think a lot more creative stuff will be out soon, as they early stuff they pump out isn't necessarily the best looking. They just want to capture that quick dollar while everyone is still in euphoria over the win.

Anyone get a Gino shirt? I'm debating on whether or not to get one. I wonder if it's just a fad or if it will stay hot far into next season.

Misc.
I like the large championship wall pennant and may pick one of those up eventually. I can't even imagine what kind of stuff the pro shop will have at the start of next season. Championship collectibles in every imaginable form! I collect cards here and there, and there will probably be tons of insert and subset Celtics cards out next year. Maybe they'll come out with cards that feature slivers of the trophy inside, like they do with bats and jerseys! Ahh, maybe not. ;)

DVD
The single disc championship retrospective will be out in early to mid July, and will be highlights from the games. We will have to wait for the bigger box set to come out in late October or early November, which should feature full broadcasts of all the Finals games. I'm sure I'll be getting both DVDs.

Anyone else see anything cool I didn't mention?

AntiG
06-30-2008, 01:38 AM
I got the hat they wore when they won in the mail the other day and am waiting on the DVD.

Thinking of getting the SI book.

KmB728
06-30-2008, 01:55 AM
i got the Hat and Shirt, the players recieved, and a Beat LA shirt

i almost bought a "We Beat La" shirt but i was outta cash

its expensive when your teams win hahaha

im gunna wear my gear when i go to L.A on vacation this summer.... perfect timming, am i right?

kvrnm
06-30-2008, 01:59 AM
i got the champioship t all the players got, and the paul pierce mvp shirt, which is my favorite.

69centers
07-02-2008, 11:27 PM
The Lindy's magazine is pretty good. That's the other one I saw and liked. It has great photos and a more detailed game by game, series by series write up than SI had. The only thing I noticed were a lot of typos, like they incorrectly wrote Larry Bird started with the Celtics in 1972.

MilledgeGomez
07-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Get the Garnett and Russell SI cover its sick

redsoxfuture
07-05-2008, 05:23 PM
where can you get the one with all the players faces on it like they had in the old days? i want one of those they are sick

thesparky33
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Will there be a DVD box set with FULL games on them? I see 69centers mentioned that, but not sure if it is speculation or if it always happens (I dont really know, since the last time a Minnesota team won a championship in any major sport was 1991 when there weren't even DVDs... :)).

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 10:45 PM
i got the Hat and Shirt, the players recieved, and a Beat LA shirt

i almost bought a "We Beat La" shirt but i was outta cash

its expensive when your teams win hahaha

im gunna wear my gear when i go to L.A on vacation this summer.... perfect timming, am i right?

Lmao. Just hope Laker fans won't come and beat you up or whatever.

MilledgeGomez
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Its not a championship shirt but has anyone seen the white long sleeve shirt with boston in gold and a green shamrock underneath it? Its the one that P.J. is wearing in the chamionship photo and I cant find it anywhere

KmB728
07-06-2008, 12:50 PM
ya Gomez ive been looking for that shirt too, idk where to get it

and to whoever asked about the shirt with their faces on it they are on celtics.com

DiehardJaysFan
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I wanted a shirt that had all the players names on the back but the one on Celtics.com was missing Cassell and Brown. I hope that they put one out. I ended up ordering the SI book along with the Championship shirt and Hat and the DVD.

69centers
07-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Will there be a DVD box set with FULL games on them? I see 69centers mentioned that, but not sure if it is speculation or if it always happens (I dont really know, since the last time a Minnesota team won a championship in any major sport was 1991 when there weren't even DVDs... :)).

Yes, this is true because the past several years NBA Finals winners have had DVD sets with all the games on them, so I don't see how they would stop now.

I haven't seen that shirt PJ Brown is wearing.

I do want to pick up the championship wall pennant. There are two versions, one that just says the basics, and one that has mini jerseys all across the bottom. It has every player, all 15, including Brown, Cassell, Pollard and Pruitt. It goes for about $7.99 when the normal one is only $4.99.

JimmyMal450
07-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Yes, this is true because the past several years NBA Finals winners have had DVD sets with all the games on them, so I don't see how they would stop now.

I haven't seen that shirt PJ Brown is wearing.

I do want to pick up the championship wall pennant. There are two versions, one that just says the basics, and one that has mini jerseys all across the bottom. It has every player, all 15, including Brown, Cassell, Pollard and Pruitt. It goes for about $7.99 when the normal one is only $4.99.

Would these DVD sets be similar to the World Series Box Sets??

69centers
07-06-2008, 11:19 PM
I think so, because don't the WS box sets feature full broadcasts of each game?

JimmyMal450
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah the entire game minus the commercials...

kbmvp24
07-07-2008, 12:23 AM
**** u celtic fans la is gonna sign posey maggette is going to spurs or magic and la is gonna whoop u guys when bynum comes back and rip kg a new one oh and did i mention that la is in trade talks with the kings for ron ron he will punk any celtic there ecspecially pierece (the next denzel washington) ohhh my god i hurt my knee take me on a wheelchair awwww its bad oh wait im just acting!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::la ugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

MilledgeGomez
07-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Does it matter if he was "faking it" either way we are the Defending Champs We have the Big 3 and you are just a bith *** Lakers fan who cant get over the fact that a team beats 1 player everytime

Faneik
07-07-2008, 06:57 AM
GTFO here you loser!

We're the ones laughing *****!

JoeSchroeduh
07-08-2008, 07:16 AM
So back to the memorabilia topic... I went on sportsmemorabilia.com the morning after a long night at the bars, so clearly not entirely in the right state of mind, and I bought an NBA finals game-issue basketball signed by the entire team, and one of those nice glass cases to keep it in. Pretty sweet, but man I wish I had that money back in my pocket, haha.

69centers
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
The basketball sounds like a great piece. I picked up the championship pennant with all the players jerseys on it. It would it be to get this signed by all the players. I just noticed there's also a Paul Pierce MVP one, that I saw on ebay but not in stores. It's supposedly limited to 2008 pieces. I also just saw a wool and leather limited edition pennant, but it's very pricey.

I am still looking for that perfect championship hat. I am almost ready to buy an Eastern Champs one, because I like the look of it better than most of the NBA champions ones I've seen. Actually, if you're a collector looking to put away stuff for down the road, the Eastern Conference champion 2008 stuff should be far more limited than the Finals memorabilia, as they were only the Eastern champs for about a week and a half until they won it all. Then everyone concentrated on putting out the NBA champions stuff.

69centers
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
The new DVD is out today, and I've only seen it at Best Buy for $19.99. My local Wal-Mart didn't have it. The girl said it would probably be only in stores nearer to Boston. Great answer, like what is Wal-Mart's reasoning for not sending it to all of their Massachusetts stores?? Idiots.

Anyone see it cheaper than $19.99 let me know. It's on the Target and Wal-Mart websites for $16.99, but I don't know if it would be in the stores for that price. Amazon also has it for $16.99, plus shipping, but shipping is free if you order at least $25 worth of stuff.

cocossox
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Im waiting for the box set