ALCS:
RED SOX vs. RAYS

NLCS:
CARDINALS vs. CUBS

WS:
CARDINALS vs. RED SOX

CHAMPION:
CARDINALS

Obviously my team is doing well so there might be some subconscious bias but I think they have played very well against the teams I think that are gonna make it to the post-season

CAIN=FUTURE
06-30-2008, 01:10 AM
ALDS:
WHITE SOX [2] vs. RED SOX [WILD CARD]
RAYS [1] vs. A'S [3]

NLDS:
CUBS [1] vs. DIAMONDBACKS [3]
PHILLIES [2] vs. CARDINALS [WILD CARD]

ALCS:
RED SOX vs. RAYS

NLCS:
CARDINALS vs. CUBS

WS:
CARDINALS vs. RED SOX

CHAMPION:
CARDINALS

Obviously my team is doing well so there might be some subconscious bias but I think they have played very well against the teams I think that are gonna make it to the post-season

Your by no chance a Cardinals fan or anything, are you?

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Absolutely, look at there record vs. those teams that I think will make the playoffs. Or better, maybe you watched the awesome series vs. both the Phillies and Red Sox. Just b/c the Cubs are doing well doesn't mean the Cardinals are playing good ball.

CHC/LAL Fan
06-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Wow that's not a homer pick at all lol.

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Wow that's not a homer pick at all lol.

Let me guess....you'd pick the Cubs to win right? I mean I have the Cubs winning the division. Go look at the past WS winners and see where the finished the season.

This is why I stopped posting on this board, b/c you guys are too concerned about other people's opinions, rather than expressing your own.

If it makes you any happier, I'll e-mail Bud and tell him not to allow the Cardinals to make it to the playoffs ok?

cwilson21
06-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Have a feeling that the winner will be from the AL again.

theLgndKllr35
06-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Depends on who gets homefield because the NL actually has a shot this year. Also it's way too early too tell because until the trade deadline passes you don't know how the season will play out. Obviously if the Phillies get C.C or Bedard like people are saying they will have a much better shot to win the pennant.

vladdy#27
06-30-2008, 03:12 AM
Have a feeling that the winner will be from the AL again.

ANGELS

Epic89
06-30-2008, 03:24 AM
I give 7 teams in the AL a realistic shot: Red Sox, Rays, Yankees, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Angels

6 in the NL: Phillies, Mets, Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers, D-Backs (somebody has to win the NL West, lol). It really is the Cubs and then everyone else though.

A's, Astros, Marlins, Rangers, Orioles= Major overachievers!

redwhitenblue
06-30-2008, 08:00 AM
I give 7 teams in the AL a realistic shot: Red Sox, Rays, Yankees, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Angels

6 in the NL: Phillies, Mets, Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers, D-Backs (somebody has to win the NL West, lol). It really is the Cubs and then everyone else though.

Astros are last place overachievers?...actually, nevermind, I agree
Let me guess....you'd pick the Cubs to win right? I mean I have the Cubs winning the division. Go look at the past WS winners and see where the finished the season.
Boston-won division
STL-won division
CWS-won division

Those are the last 3

blams
06-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Astros are last place overachievers?...actually, nevermind, I agreeBoston-won division
STL-won division
CWS-won division

Those are the last 3

lol, u pwnd him.

johnnylee722
06-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Well... I'm still going with my picks at the beginning of the year:
AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Angels
AL Wild Card: Not too sure whether I went with the Yankees, Mariners or Indians so I'm going with the Yankees.

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Once again not too sure if it was Phillies or D-Backs... but I'm going to go with the Phillies now.

ALDS: Red Sox beat Tigers
ALDS: Angels beat Yankees

ALCS: Red Sox beat Angels

NLDS: Cubs beat Phillies
NLDS: Mets beat Dodgers

NLCS: Mets beat Cubs

World Series: Red Sox beat Mets in 7

I'm pretty sure that what I had at the beginning of the year and still think thats what its going being to be. We still got a lot of baseball to play.

m26555
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM

You list the Marlins as overachievers yet you think the Mets and Diamondbacks (a team the Marlins have dismantled this season) have a chance to win the NL? That's intelligent.

johnnylee722
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
You list the Marlins as overachievers yet you think the Mets and Diamondbacks (a team the Marlins have dismantled this season) have a chance to win the NL? That's intelligent.

He is saying that those teams are playing great right now and will drop off. The Mets and D-Backs (I wasn't a fan of the D-Backs being great before the season started) are slow to start off and will pick it up eventually.

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Astros are last place overachievers?...actually, nevermind, I agreeBoston-won division
STL-won division
CWS-won division

Those are the last 3
And here are the last 11:

1997: MARLINS [WC]
1998: YANKEES [1]
1999: YANKEES [1]
2000: YANKEES [3]
2001: DIAMONDBACKS [1]
2002: ANGELS [WC]
2003: MARLINS [WC]
2004: RED SOX [WC]
2005: WHITE SOX [1]
2006: CARDINALS [3]
2007: RED SOX [1]

1: 5 WINNERS
2: 0 WINNERS
3: 2 WINNERS
WC: 4 WINNERS

evasiveanswers
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
AL:
1) White Sox (3) @ Red Sox (1)
Rays (WC) @ Angels (2)

2) Rays @ Red Sox

NL
1) Mets (WC) @ Cubs (1)
D-Backs (3) @ Phillies (2)

2) Phillies @ Cubs

WS
Phillies @ Red Sox
Anyone's game from there

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think the Dodgers are gonna make the playoffs. From the games I've seen them play it doesn't look like they have much.

And I don't think the Mets are gonna make it either, they are like the other NY team...meaning they get a bunch of good players but can't produce.

quade36
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Here is a NON-Homer pick. The Angels.... Their road record is sick.... Plust they have the pitching and hitting to carry a team. Watch them also sign Barry Bonds.

sportwiz628
06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
ALDS:
WHITE SOX [2] vs. RED SOX [WILD CARD]
RAYS [1] vs. A'S [3]

NLDS:
CUBS [1] vs. DIAMONDBACKS [3]
PHILLIES [2] vs. CARDINALS [WILD CARD]

ALCS:
RED SOX vs. RAYS

NLCS:
CARDINALS vs. CUBS

WS:
CARDINALS vs. RED SOX

CHAMPION:
CARDINALS

You are a big HOMER. The Cardinals will not make the World Series and they will not even make the playoffs. You can even quote be on this. It could be a bet too . :)

chicagofan71
06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Here we go...

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Brewers
NL West: D'Backs
NL Wildcard: Toss up between the Cards and Cubs, and I'll take the Cubs

AL East: Boston
AL central: Detroit
AL west: LA
WC: Rays

Cubs over Phillies in 5
Brewers over D'Backs in 6

Brewers over Cubs in 6

LA ove Rays in 5
detroit over boston in 4

LA over Detroit in 5

LA over Brewers in 7

REGular
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I got the Marlins taking the division.

Wildcard comes out of the NL Central which pits the Cubbies against the D-Backs in a rematch from last year's playoffs.

The Marlins and the Cubs clash for the NL pennant and everyone brings out their best Steve Bartman costumes.

Considering the Marlins have never reached the playoffs and not won the World Series, I'd have to say they take it all.

Over the Red Sox, I like the symmetry of Lowell & Beckett vs Hanley (& Anibal should be in the bullpen by then).

I see the Angels, White Sox, & Tigers being the other teams in the AL.

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
You are a big HOMER. The Cardinals will not make the World Series and they will not even make the playoffs. You can even quote be on this. It could be a bet too . :)

Well what you have to realize is that I actually watch baseball so I kind of have a good idea about how teams play. Who do you think is gonna make it to the playoffs? Like I said before, I wish you guys would stop acting like 12 year olds, and if someone thinks that their team [which is playing very well] is gonna win is a "homer". Just b/c I'm a Cardinals fan, I can't think they are good?

Cardinals have beat some of the best teams:
Cubs 2-1
Phillies 2-1
Red Sox 2-1

Why didn't the Braves win in 1997
OR the Braves in 1999
OR the Giants in 2000
OR the Mariners in 2001
OR the Yankees in 2002
OR the Yankees or Braves in 2003
OR the Cardinals in 2004
OR the Cardinals in 2005
OR the Yankees or Mets in 2006

Here's a little fun fact for you: The team with the best record doesn't always win :O

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Here we go...

NL Central: Brewers
NL West: D'Backs
NL Wildcard: Toss up between the Cards and Cubs, and I'll take the Cubs

AL East: Boston
AL central: Detroit
AL west: LA
WC: Rays

Cubs over Phillies in 5
Brewers over D'Backs in 6

Brewers over Cubs in 6

LA ove Rays in 5
detroit over boston in 4

LA over Detroit in 5

LA over Brewers in 7

I don't think the Brewers can beat both the Cubs and Cardinals.

REGular
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't think the Brewers can beat both the Cubs and Cardinals.

That's been well-established . . .

Edit: And if you did, then the Brewers would've been in the playoffs in your prediction scenario . . .

CAIN=FUTURE
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Being that my other thread got deleted that was supose to be for PREDICTING THE FINAL STANDINGS AS WELL AS THE PLAYOFFS ill post my predictions for final standings and playoffs as well as the awards.

AMERICAN LEAUGE:

AL West:
1. Angels (2)
2. A's
3. Rangers
4. Mariners

AL Central:
1. Tigers (3) - yes I think they still win the divisons
2. Twins
3. White Sox - sorry, but I dont think they keep it going
4. Indians
5. Royals

AL East:
1. Red Sox (1) - best team in the leauge
2. Rays (4) - wow, just wow.
3. Yankeex - sucks for the Yankees.
4. Jays
5. Orioles

AL Wild Card: Rays take it by one game over the A's

NATIONAL LEAUGE

NL West:
1. D-backs (4) - still the team to beat in the West
2. Giants - call me what you will, but the dodgers cant seem to put them away, so they will pay for that
3. dodgers - it dosnt seem like they can do much with out Furcal
4. Rockies
5. Padres - they suck

NL Central:
1. Cubs (2) - The curse will live on
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Reds
5. Astros
6. Pirates

NL East:
1. Phillies (1) - They're good what can I say.
2. Mets (3) - I still believe in this team.
3. Braves
4. Nationals

PLAYOFFS:

ALDS:
Redsox v. Tigers: Redsox in 5
Angels v. Rays: Rays in 4

NLDS
Phillies v. D-backs: Phills in 3
Cubs v. Mets: Mets in 4

ALCS
Redsox v. Rays: Redsox in 7

NLCS:
Phillies v. Mets: Mets in 6

World Series:
Redsox v. Mets: Mets in 7

Awards

MVP:
AL: Josh Hamilton
NL: David Wright

Cy Young:
AL: Cliff Lee
NL: Volquez or Lincecum

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
That's been well-established . . .

Edit: And if you did, then the Brewers would've been in the playoffs in your prediction scenario . . .

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to have a discussion. And by the way the Marlins have made the playoffs before and won 2 World Series.

REGular
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to have a discussion.

Sure, but you didn't add anything to the "discussion" by re-stating your predictions.

And by the way the Marlins have made the playoffs before and won 2 World Series.

Agreed, but they have never made the playoffs and not won the World Series.

quade36
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Awards

MVP:

Your predictions make me laugh. Its a good think thats what they are. David Wright at .285 and 15 HRs. How in the world will he win MVP? Ever hear of Chase Utley? I guess Chipper Jones doesn't deserve any votes based on his mere .394 avg. There are about 30 national league players Wright will have to pass before he gets the MVP.

Also, I'd be extremely surprised if both the Mets and Phillies make the playoffs. That division is horrible. Of course I could be wrong, but I see the Phillies eventually running away with the division. They have the best pitching. Besides Santana who do the Mets have? Maybe Mayne. I guess he is good. But they don't have a strong bullpen either. Hey maybe they'll trade and get some stud pitching.

But back to Wright, unless he hits over .400 with 30 HRs in the second half of the season I don't think you can put him in the same category as Chipper Jones and Chase Utley.

JHG722
06-30-2008, 03:34 PM
AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: ChiSox
AL West: Angels
AL Wild Card: Rays

NL Central: Cubs
NL West: DBacks
NL Wild Card: Cards

World Series: Red Sox beat Cubs

cardinal27
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Your predictions make me laugh. Its a good think thats what they are. David Wright at .285 and 15 HRs. How in the world will he win MVP? Ever hear of Chase Utley? I guess Chipper Jones doesn't deserve any votes based on his mere .394 avg. There are about 30 national league players Wright will have to pass before he gets the MVP.

Also, I'd be extremely surprised if both the Mets and Phillies make the playoffs. That division is horrible. Of course I could be wrong, but I see the Phillies eventually running away with the division. They have the best pitching. Besides Santana who do the Mets have? Maybe Mayne. I guess he is good. But they don't have a strong bullpen either. Hey maybe they'll trade and get some stud pitching.

But back to Wright, unless he hits over .400 with 30 HRs in the second half of the season I don't think you can put him in the same category as Chipper Jones and Chase Utley.MVP how about Pujols just the best hitter in the game.

STLCards002
06-30-2008, 05:17 PM
NLCS: Mets beat Cubs

If the Cubs play the Mets I'd put my money on Chicago...

Brewers over Cubs in 6

Same thing, I'd pick the Cubs over them.

World Series:

The Mets have the talent but I don't think they can do it this year.

CAIN=FUTURE
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM

But back to Wright, unless he hits over .400 with 30 HRs in the second half of the season I don't think you can put him in the same category as Chipper Jones and Chase Utley.

Theres about 81 games left in the season, depending on the team, a lot will change. If today was the last day of the season then there would be no way that Wright is MVP, but theres still a lot of baseball to be played. I think that Wright can pull it off. Whats wrong with that?

nme
06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
^^Well, he hasn't really done anything this season to justify that, and the Mets seem to be stagnant.

Also--has anyone actually looked at the D-Backs record since April? Why is it that all but one poster has picked a team with a 21-33 record since the end of April to win the West. Do we play past your bedtime out West here? Granted, someone has to win the West although it seems that no one wants to take the division. I just find all the agreement that such a ****ty team has the division locked up a bit perplexing.

STLCards002
07-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Well I don't really think the Dodgers are anything special from the series the Cards played them...but I understand that you can't make a judgement from 3 games. I think the Diamondbacks' pitching staff is better than other team in the West too, so since pitching is obv. very importany I would pick them in a weak division.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
^^Well, he hasn't really done anything this season to justify that, and the Mets seem to be stagnant.

Also--has anyone actually looked at the D-Backs record since April? Why is it that all but one poster has picked a team with a 21-33 record since the end of April to win the West. Do we play past your bedtime out West here? Granted, someone has to win the West although it seems that no one wants to take the division. I just find all the agreement that such a ****ty team has the division locked up a bit perplexing.

Would you be happier if I changed my pick to the Giants?

L-MiLLZ44
07-01-2008, 12:59 AM
the mess i mean mets won't make the playoffs because we are dumb

iam brett favre
07-01-2008, 02:05 AM
AL EAST:
Rays

AL CENTRAL:
Tigers

AL WEST:
Angels

AL WILD CARD:
Yankees

NL EAST:
Phillies

NL CENTRAL:
Cubs

NL WEST:
Diamondbacks

NL WILD CARD:
Cardinals

quade36
07-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Theres about 81 games left in the season, depending on the team, a lot will change. If today was the last day of the season then there would be no way that Wright is MVP, but theres still a lot of baseball to be played. I think that Wright can pull it off. Whats wrong with that?

Yes only half the season has been played, but Wright would have to have a ridiculous second half. If you figure he will need at least a .340 BA and 45 HRs to even compete with the pace several players are on. (Yes I forgot to include Pujols in my previous post as well).

If David Wright finishes with 600 AB in order to get his average to a .340 he will have to hit .403 for the rest of the season. He will also need to double his HR production pace just to finish with 45 HRs which several major leaguers should be around this year. So what you are saying is that he will hit .403 with 30 HRs in the next 81 games. Wow.... I guess it could happen but thems some big hopes.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes only half the season has been played, but Wright would have to have a ridiculous second half. If you figure he will need at least a .340 BA and 45 HRs to even compete with the pace several players are on. (Yes I forgot to include Pujols in my previous post as well).

If David Wright finishes with 600 AB in order to get his average to a .340 he will have to hit .403 for the rest of the season. He will also need to double his HR production pace just to finish with 45 HRs which several major leaguers should be around this year. So what you are saying is that he will hit .403 with 30 HRs in the next 81 games. Wow.... I guess it could happen but thems some big hopes.

Did you ever consider that the other MVP conteders might fall off their paces?

chicagofan71
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
If the Cubs play the Mets
Same thing, I'd pick the Cubs over them.

I don't think so. The Crew have had our number all year

marlinsfan24
07-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Being that my other thread got deleted that was supose to be for PREDICTING THE FINAL STANDINGS AS WELL AS THE PLAYOFFS ill post my predictions for final standings and playoffs as well as the awards.

AMERICAN LEAUGE:

AL West:
1. Angels (2)
2. A's
3. Rangers
4. Mariners

AL Central:
1. Tigers (3) - yes I think they still win the divisons
2. Twins
3. White Sox - sorry, but I dont think they keep it going
4. Indians
5. Royals

AL East:
1. Red Sox (1) - best team in the leauge
2. Rays (4) - wow, just wow.
3. Yankeex - sucks for the Yankees.
4. Jays
5. Orioles

AL Wild Card: Rays take it by one game over the A's

NATIONAL LEAUGE

NL West:
1. D-backs (4) - still the team to beat in the West
2. Giants - call me what you will, but the dodgers cant seem to put them away, so they will pay for that
3. dodgers - it dosnt seem like they can do much with out Furcal
4. Rockies
5. Padres - they suck

NL Central:
1. Cubs (2) - The curse will live on
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Reds
5. Astros
6. Pirates

NL East:
1. Phillies (1) - They're good what can I say.
2. Mets (3) - I still believe in this team.
3. Braves
4. Nationals

PLAYOFFS:

ALDS:
Redsox v. Tigers: Redsox in 5
Angels v. Rays: Rays in 4

NLDS
Phillies v. D-backs: Phills in 3
Cubs v. Mets: Mets in 4

ALCS
Redsox v. Rays: Redsox in 7

NLCS:
Phillies v. Mets: Mets in 6

World Series:

Awards

MVP:

Cy Young:
AL: Cliff Lee
NL: Volquez or Lincecum

So what happened to the 5th team in the NL East?

LeoGetz
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
How can anyone not pick the Cards to win it all?? Mulder is back & Carpenter is due back really soon. You add them to an already strong staff with the likes of Lohse, Looper, Wellemeyer, and Wainwright thats four 15+ winners right there. Don't get me started on the hitting...ya got Ludwick, Pujols, Glaus, Schumaker, Duncan, & Ankiel. The 2nd half of the season looks freaking great for the Cards...Mulder is back, Carpenter is almost back, Pujols is Pujols, Ankiel will have a great 2nd half (just look at his career splits) how can anyone not pick the Cards to win it all?!?

CAIN=FUTURE
07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
So what happened to the 5th team in the NL East?

Whoops.

JHG722
07-04-2008, 01:17 PM
How can anyone not pick the Cards to win it all?? Mulder is back & Carpenter is due back really soon. You add them to an already strong staff with the likes of Lohse, Looper, Wellemeyer, and Wainwright thats four 15+ winners right there. Don't get me started on the hitting...ya got Ludwick, Pujols, Glaus, Schumaker, Duncan, & Ankiel. The 2nd half of the season looks freaking great for the Cards...Mulder is back, Carpenter is almost back, Pujols is Pujols, Ankiel will have a great 2nd half (just look at his career splits) how can anyone not pick the Cards to win it all?!?

Because most of those players aren't exactly the models of consistency. Who knows who keeps it up? Carpenter could look like the pitcher of old, or he could look terrible. He's been nothing for nearly two years. Cards have a ton of injuries, and are relying on too many young guys.

Tkais9009
07-04-2008, 01:24 PM
The cubs cards series this week will tell a lot about how the playoff would look considering the cards will be at home this weekend

FriarFanatic
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Rays vs Cubs world series