PDA

View Full Version : Riley eyes point guard trade

Sports Illustrator
06-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Pat Riley said he still might trade for a point guard, with Memphis ( Kyle Lowry, among others) considered in play. Otherwise, the Heat believes it can find a stopgap starter from a free agent group including Chris Duhon, Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling, Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, Jannero Pargo and Anthony Carter. And the Heat likes restricted free agent Sebastian Telfair, though Minnesota can match any offer.

From Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/1262/story/587113.html)

kntresistheheat
06-30-2008, 12:54 AM
I would welcome a lowry, duhon, or arroyo?:D

Diehardheatfan
06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I really would just like to trade for Mo. Or do a sign and trade for monta ellis.

Sparticus
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
BTW it's been reported Minnesota will let Telfair walk.

_Supreme_
06-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Telfair could surprise, but he is a big risk, and I don't think he has the best personality.

None of these names mentioned are worth spending the money Imo. Duhon is the only one I'd like to have on the team, but only if we pay him about $3.5M.

We are not going to trade for guys like Monta Ellis or Calderon. Don't make up all these trade proposals involving them, because it isn't going to happen.

ATX
06-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Telfair could surprise, but he is a big risk, and I don't think he has the best personality.

None of these names mentioned are worth spending the money Imo. Duhon is the only one I'd like to have on the team, but only if we pay him about $3.5M.

We are not going to trade for guys like Monta Ellis or Calderon. Don't make up all these trade proposals involving them, because it isn't going to happen.

Thank You...we're not getting Ellis, period.

DQL
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Trade Banks for another overpaid, but useful PG ... lol

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Trade UD and Blount/sign and trade ricky davis for Mo

Diehardheatfan
06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Man i agree. I will give up Haslem and sign and trade davis. That can make the money right. Awesome idea!!!!!! Lets get that dude Mo. Tired of not having a good point guard. Last year was disguting and the year before

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah i would do that trade as well. Mo can also knock the 3 down which helps Wade when he's handling the ball and penetrating.

noturnormalhero
06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
ok you guys are confusing me. some are saying they want cap room for '10 to get big name dudes to help the team yet want Mo williams? is this a guy you want long term or short term because correct me if i'm wrong. he signed a 51 million dollar contract for the next 6 years. We were after him last year in case some of you forgot. Riley tried to win him over with dinners and south beach tours. Bucks signed him, he produced better numbers assist,points (slightly), FG % and 3P % yet now they want to get rid of him to make room for contracts. They overed him WAY more. we offered him i believe it was a 5 year 35 million. they offere him 51 million, he took it (obviously. even though he said Miami was his favorite city). they raised his paycheck 16 million, and now will throw him back at us? There better be some reconstructing of his contract or something if he does come here. Unless you truly feel this is the PG of our future and want him for the long haul, then yes, mo williams is a good fit. If you're one of those "Let's wait for 2 big name players in '10"..mo williams contract could hurt those chances. Mo williams, wade, marion, beasley obviously isnt bad at all of course. makes me think though, if they wanted him bad last year..he produced better #'s..why get rid of him? cuz of his contract THEY offered him? their starting lineup right now is Mo,Redd,Jefferson,Alexander/Villanueva,Bogut. **** is nice to me. Unless they see a whole lot in Ramon Sessions...

Sparticus
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
ok you guys are confusing me. some are saying they want cap room for '10 to get big name dudes to help the team yet want Mo williams? is this a guy you want long term or short term because correct me if i'm wrong. he signed a 51 million dollar contract for the next 6 years. We were after him last year in case some of you forgot. Riley tried to win him over with dinners and south beach tours. Bucks signed him, he produced better numbers assist,points (slightly), FG % and 3P % yet now they want to get rid of him to make room for contracts. They overed him WAY more. we offered him i believe it was a 5 year 35 million. they offere him 51 million, he took it (obviously. even though he said Miami was his favorite city). they raised his paycheck 16 million, and now will throw him back at us? There better be some reconstructing of his contract or something if he does come here. Unless you truly feel this is the PG of our future and want him for the long haul, then yes, mo williams is a good fit. If you're one of those "Let's wait for 2 big name players in '10"..mo williams contract could hurt those chances. Mo williams, wade, marion, beasley obviously isnt bad at all of course. makes me think though, if they wanted him bad last year..he produced better #'s..why get rid of him? cuz of his contract THEY offered him? their starting lineup right now is Mo,Redd,Jefferson,Alexander/Villanueva,Bogut. **** is nice to me. Unless they see a whole lot in Ramon Sessions...

They do. Which is why they would trade Mo Williams. But I personally, wouldn't want Mo Williams on this team.

daleja424
06-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Mo Williams could be under contract for the next 10 years and it still wouldnt affect 2010... The guy is making like 9 million in 2010-2011... but haslem and blount and marion will all be off contract so we could get mo williams long term and still have PLENTY of money for a big FA in 2010....

King Koopa
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey how about Telfair i wouldnt mind having him on board hes a great passer, With Telfair and Mario as are Point guards we should have a soild Young Point Depth for this upcoming season.

King Koopa
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM
BTW it's been reported Minnesota will let Telfair walk.

True now that they have Foye, at that spot and Jaric as there back up i dont think that there going to give Telfair 3.5 million per year to be a 3rd String.

wissportsfan
06-30-2008, 04:59 PM
It would be hard to trade Mo to you guys just because you guys don't have much that we really want. Half your team are free agents. The only guy we would want is Haslem and we can't do that straight up for two reasons, salary and unfair trade.

Diehardheatfan
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
you got sessions bro. The trade will work fine. Plus it helps you with the cap. Your good. Trade will probably go down

ccnnody3
06-30-2008, 11:02 PM
jamal tinsley

DQL
06-30-2008, 11:16 PM
True now that they have Foye, at that spot and Jaric as there back up i dont think that there going to give Telfair 3.5 million per year to be a 3rd String.

Jaric was traded to Memphis in Love-Mayo deal, wasn't he? :confused:

ATX
06-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Jaric was traded to Memphis in Love-Mayo deal, wasn't he? :confused:

You are correct.

wadefan03
07-01-2008, 12:10 AM
The Miami Heat should seriously sign Sebastian Telfair and try to sign Diop. We wont be the best but we world be in the playoffs at about 5th or 6th seed. We should also see if we could do a sign and trade for Mikael Pietrus or sign Ricky Davis so we can have a reliable scorer coming off the bench. Minnesota probably wont offer him money because they have a lot of guards already.

Telfair/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Marion/Davis or Pietrus
Beasley/Blount
Diop/Zo

Diehardheatfan
07-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Miami should try and swap marion for davis in a sign and trade

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Miami should try and swap marion for davis in a sign and trade

No, i rather give the young PGs like Telfair and Mario a Chance to play time at the Point. Besides i want Marion to stay and if anything we just let him walk after this season, but i really want marion to stay.

Diehardheatfan
07-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Id rather mix that slow ball with that run and gun. Bdavis is proven unlike telfair.

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 06:11 AM
we have mario..i'd rather give him a chance. how much better do you guys have telfair? cheaper. younger..let's see what he could do. i was against having him start at first,but since now we're on this 1-2 year signing thing and we're apparently waiting for 2010..i'm cool with giving him a chance.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 01:02 AM
All i Know is telfair sucks

jdricks
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Lets be honest Riley has a only a couple logical ideas at pg. Chris Duhon Kenyon Dooling Luke Ridinour Jannero Pargo and Raymoond Felton.

Kimbosliced
07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
What is the fascination with Duhon or Pargo? Neither are very good. All my New Orleans friends hate the **** out of Pargo. He is a shoot first pg, if there ever was one. The only problem is, he is too damn streaky!

Duhon, I don't see what is so great about him. He's a nice a back up. I still prefer Telfair, and Telfair will be cheaper too.

What about Ridinour?

fins08
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Ridnour will come through a trade. Thinking about it Telfair wouldn't be too bad if he stays out of trouble on the beach.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Id love to just upgrade at POint guard. I really like chalmers as a backup