PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion

twissst89
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Wud u guys trade Thadeus Young for Shawn Marion str8 up? The trade works since u guys are under the cap. Marion will put u into a win now position that cud compete with the boston 3. He would be the lockdown defender that you need, will grab 10 boards a game, put up 20 points, and snatch a couple steals a game. Thadeus Young mite turn out to be a real good player but next year will still come of the bench. Marion will be an all star next year in the east and with Miller,Iggy,Marion, and Dalembert it wud be enough to compete with Boston next year. Detroit got Boston to go to 6 games in the eastern confernce finals. U took Detroit to 7 games. Dont u think replacin a very good bench player with an all star in Marion wud put u over the top?

BADizzleBoY
06-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Dude people are gonna go crazy. Jeeze man you have just started ww3 on the sixers forum by saying this.

Shieldsz
06-29-2008, 11:52 PM
No I would never.

I like to win, lets keep it that way

SeoulBeatz
06-29-2008, 11:57 PM
haha in his defense, its an even trade, from an outsider

but u gotta understand man,

we here in philly, are IN LOVE with Thad Young

hes STILL 19, STILL...

and he already prvoed he can peform in the playoffs and score without having plays run for him.

Marion is 30 going on 31 and is a system player.

so personally no, i would not take him, but its an even trade.

twissst89
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Marion as a 3rd option last year averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1.5 blocks. As a second option those stats would be even better. The 1st thing Phoenix said when they lost in the playoffs is because they missed Marions defense. He was the one that they put on Tony Parker to lock him down. I dont get how that wud stop u from winin.Name 1 thing Young does better then Marion. If u wouldnt do that who would u give up Louis Willaims in a sign and trade?

qwestion13
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Not saying that Marion wouldn't help us win more games immediately, but he wouldn't make us a championship caliber team right away either. Wouldn't trade a future stud like Thad for him. No way. And anyone who disagrees should be kicked out of the forums....

qwestion13
06-30-2008, 12:09 AM
^^With all due respect to your own opinions of course...

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Marion as a 3rd option last year averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1.5 blocks. As a second option those stats would be even better. The 1st thing Phoenix said when they lost in the playoffs is because they missed Marions defense. He was the one that they put on Tony Parker to lock him down. I dont get how that wud stop u from winin.Name 1 thing Young does better then Marion. If u wouldnt do that who would u give up Louis Willaims in a sign and trade?

ha i guess ill have to speak for the entire sixers forum fanbase here.

See... Thad Young is a fan favorite.

He is young, really young

and since we are in rebuilding mode, we wanna hold on to the pieces we have. This town fell in love with thad cus he hustles, grabs bounds, and makes explosive dunks (kinda like ur boy marion)

Only thad is more than a decade younger. You get the picture?

Thad could be as good as Marion in a couple years so Philly is willing to wait on him because he's already shown that he'll be a solid player at least.

We don't need marion because he has a red contract so the trade wouldnt work anyways and he is... let me say this again... over a decade older than Thad.

Its that easy.

twissst89
06-30-2008, 12:16 AM
True.The only thing is I thought it would put you in a win now position especially with Andre Miller not getting any younger. But how about Marion for a sign and trade with Louis Williams. The trade works as long as it doesnt put u more than 100k over the salary cap.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 12:19 AM
No I would never.

I like to win, lets keep it that way

BChydro86
06-30-2008, 12:45 AM
this is a tough call...id stick it out with thad because hes much more valuable with his low rookie salary. shawn marion kind of pissed me off the way he sold out phoenix by being a *******.

Mrphilly
06-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Marion would be easily be the sixers best player if we traded for him, but I dont the the supporting cast would be enough to compete for a championship. At the end of the day, the sixers still wouldnt be able to shoot!

twissst89
06-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Marion for Louis Williams is a yes or no?

TheBigSun32
06-30-2008, 01:19 AM
NO..it would be a steal of a trade right NOW..but Marion will make about 17 mil..that would put us over the cap by about 5-6 mil..so the trade would never happen..and again Marion doesnt give us Youth in a rebuilding time or a low post scorer.

FNM BOY
06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
NO NO NO...its obvious you have a special love for our players. Cause you can see how good we will be! Marion is good but he is up there in age. You keep him, we are good with our young core in Philly and we will be even better after this big free agency blockbuster goes down!! And no...We are keeping Lou Will!!!

BChydro86
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
not to change the subject, but can we all just wait until there is a trade rumor before we all assume there will be a blockbuster trade for philly this offseason?

Jeff Boyd
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
No to Louis for Marion.

We need some height at PF

TheShock45
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
why would the sixers trade THAD for him when we could get him for andre miller

thats like being the only one at an auction and you keep raising the bid

Westbrook36
06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Not even close. I would keep Thad, I would even take him over half the all stars in the NBA. The kid is going to be a total stud.

19 years old
Hard Working
Skills

djmc72
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
No Effen Way!

dougie5627
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
sorry dude but it would be a no, we would probably trade willie green and reggie evans at the most.

twissst89
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
sorry dude but it would be a no, we would probably trade willie green and reggie evans at the most.

If that happens then will trade Haslem and Ricky Davis for Iguodola.:rolleyes: For the guy that said he rather give up Miller, when it was his leadership that got u into the playoffs. Miller is a starter Thad Young isnt. Marion is an allstar, Thad Young is a energetic bench player. If u were rebuilding I cud c y but u took the team that made it to the eastern conference finals to 7 games. If u replace a bench player with an allstar thats actually good. Thad Young is younger and does have a better future but will not be better next season. Andre Miller isnt getting any younger and if u think Louis Williams could do just as good a job at point ur wrong. I get how hes exciting and does tite dunks and is Young (the same way i feel about Dorrel Wright and Daquan Cook) but dont say Marion wouldnt take them further then a bench player. And u rather take him over half the all stars. R u kidding me son.

AirJordanXVIII
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Haslem and Davis for Iggy. You're kidding..

You telling me

Wade
Iggy
Marion
Beasley

We would be absolutely ridiculously dumb to let that happen.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Haslem and Davis for Iggy. You're kidding..

You telling me

Wade
Iggy
Marion
Beasley

We would be absolutely ridiculously dumb to let that happen.

Y do u think i put the :rolleyes:. I said that after someone said Willie Green and Reggie Evans for Marion.

sixersfan2
07-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Where Do You Idiots Come From

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
^^From Space.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Where Do You Idiots Come From

Ya mamis house. We stay chillin over their. Maybe we need to get sum brain.:D

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:41 AM
^^From Space.

Yep over in space we trade our good bench player for an all star. Its crazy man. Im still waiting to hear 1 thing Young does better then Marion.

sixersfan2
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
my momma's fat and ugly, but if thats how you like it get er done... don't stay up to late you got a LONG DAY DRIVING THE SHORT BUS TOMORROW.... after your done you're still a ******....

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
my momma's fat and ugly, but if thats how you like it get er done... don't stay out to late you got a LONG DAY DRIVING THE SHORT BUS TOMORROW.... after your done you're still a ******....

Well them genes run in the family so i guess thats y ur so stressed out. Dont get mad at me i didnt make u.

sixersfan2
07-01-2008, 12:51 AM
next time take the helmet off before you bang your head against the wall... Do us all a favor ******....

RUNWITHUS
07-01-2008, 12:52 AM
No, Young has way more upside than Marion ever had.

sixersfan2
07-01-2008, 12:56 AM
consider young is 19 and marion is 30 and the fact that we have no shot of winning a ship anytime soon.... your awesome idea makes perfect sense....

dbow2019
07-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Yep over in space we trade our good bench player for an all star. Its crazy man. Im still waiting to hear 1 thing Young does better then Marion.

lets see post skills and hes the most athletic person ive ever seen in my entire life but anyway im not trying to sound mean or anything, but.... do you have some kind of mental illness?, your trying to ask people what thad can do better then marion even tho hes been in the league for 1 year and is only 20? .... that is like asking what marreese speights can do better then elton brand, its just a stupid question.... the reason we dont want to trade him is all because of his potential, hes 20 years old, was very effective as a starter and as a PF even though he is a true SF , plays great D, is smart, he is incredibly hard working, was very very good during the playoffs, probably our best player aside from andre miller, and he has the skills and size to be dominant in the very near future.... so will i trade him for marion **** NO, we are trying to build for later, not be a 1 year wonder like the heat

dbow2019
07-01-2008, 01:01 AM
o yea and in an earlier post you said that trading an allstar for a bench player is "actually good".... not when that allstar is 31 and that bench player is a 20 year old 1 year player who has the skills to be better then that allstar for the next 10 years

Liney3506
07-01-2008, 02:31 AM
I'd rather nail my dick to a wall and have someone smash it with a hammer. No.

Are people smoking a lot more weed recently or what?