PDA

View Full Version : Could this team be a contender

97'bulls
06-29-2008, 07:39 PM
If good players are willing to sacrifice touches and minutes for the betterment of the team I think we'll be one of the best in the east. I mean look how deep this team is. We're two or three deep at every position, all that has to be seen is if players are willing to sacrifice. Specifically Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gooden.

Rose-Hinrich-Duhon
Gordon-Hinrich-Thabo
Deng-Nocioni
Tyrus-Gooden
Noah-Gray

Pran Raznor
06-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Maybe contend for a 5th or 6th seed

kozelkid
06-29-2008, 07:44 PM
not a chance.
this team (at this point) is full of either inexperienced players with great potential or veteran role players. having a 10 man rotation doesnt make it better because they will all be fighting for minutes which usually leads to chemistry problems. at least 3 players will probably be gone (hinrich, noci, gooden), and this team will develop into a great team in 2-3 years. To be a contender you need star players and noone on this current roster is that just yet.

97'bulls
06-29-2008, 07:54 PM
not a chance.
this team (at this point) is full of either inexperienced players with great potential or veteran role players. having a 10 man rotation doesnt make it better because they will all be fighting for minutes which usually leads to chemistry problems. at least 3 players will probably be gone (hinrich, noci, gooden), and this team will develop into a great team in 2-3 years. To be a contender you need star players and noone on this current roster is that just yet.

That's exactly what I said, this all has to do with SACRIFICE. In which case there won't be chemistry problems.

kozelkid
06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
That's exactly what I said, this all has to do with SACRIFICE. In which case there won't be chemistry problems.

you cant saccrifice with that kind of team though.
each player needs good amoutn of minutes to get hot and consistent, there arent enough minutes to go around.

Chi-Town Finest
06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I dont think were a contender yet. To be a contender you have to have a guy that yu can depend on to deliver clutch points night in and night out and we lack that not to mention unproven players and no leadership. Until we address those problems and the players prove to live up to their potential we might be in the Blake Griffin sweepstakes next year.

KH12
06-29-2008, 08:14 PM
No realistic team with Ben Gordon as the starting SG will ever contend for the NBA Title.

kozelkid
06-29-2008, 08:18 PM
No realistic team with Ben Gordon as the starting SG will ever contend for the NBA Title.

awww, someone a lil hurt?
well I do agree with you gordon is better suited as sixth man and thabo as starter.

97'bulls
06-29-2008, 08:18 PM

I only put BG starting because I didn't want to have to listen to Kozelkid about it. I think Kirk should start.

KH12
06-29-2008, 08:20 PM
awww, someone a lil hurt?
well I do agree with you gordon is better suited as sixth man and thabo as starter.

Why would I be hurt? I put you in your place, and like clockwork you continue to fight it. Things are back to how they used to be, I'm in a great mood. :clap:

kozelkid
06-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I only put BG starting because I didn't want to have to listen to Kozelkid about it. I think Kirk should start.

oh, dont do it for my benefit, cause as I said, I think neither should

Chi-Town Finest
06-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Man u guys r crazy. LOL

Kyben36
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
First Duhon Wont be back.
But yes we are a contender. IF THE 76ERS CAN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS SO CAN WE. What do they have besides Igudala (spl)

KH12
06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
You take this team, and play the best players in their best roles, and we're certainly a contender.

PG: Rose - Hinrich - Thabo
SG: Thabo - Gordon - Hinrich
SF: Deng - Nocioni - Thabo
PF: Gooden - Thomas - Nocioni
C: Noah - Gray - Gooden

BG7
06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
No way, no team with Thomas and Noah as the starting front court will ever win an NBA title. I'd look to consolidate Nocioni, Gooden, and one of Thomas/Noah and future draft picks for a big man, then move Thabo into the backup shooting guard, and spot shooting guard minutes role. Andrew Bogut and Okafor would be my top two choices. Although Paxson doesn't have the balls to try to steal Okafor away, so hopefully things go bad in Milwaukee and Bogut gets on the trading block (although Skiles would probably want to bring Hinrich back in the trade).

Then with that, you just have to buy time until Asik comes over, and he will play the other starting big position.

I think we could have contended as early as this year if we drafted Michael Beasley.

The Gordon/Deng combo is great, and hopefully Rose becomes a great player too, but I'm not sold on our front court. I think a lot of it will come down to whether Hinrich is willing to take the 6th man role or not. If he is, and we can just consolidate the expirings with the knuckleheads in the frontcourt for better front court players, I think we could build a team to contend.

Not this year, but next, if things are going horrible in Phoenix or Toronto, we might be able to trade our guys for Amare or Bosh, because PHX/TOR will want to get something in a trade before they lose them to free agency (Hughes also expires that year, which will help in a trade).

Blue Tiger
06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
This team will not be a contender because the Bulls didn't pick Michael Beasley, the Ben Gordon haters and the Rose fans don't want the Bulls to be a good team again because they want Paxson to get rid of Ben Gordon, the other eastern teams are getting better than the Bulls and Paxson seems like he's struggling to get Luol and Ben to resign. So this team is likely to go no where.

ChitownbullsBG7
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
ok well move to SouthBeach and support that mancrush of yours.

JordansBulls
06-29-2008, 10:32 PM
If good players are willing to sacrifice touches and minutes for the betterment of the team I think we'll be one of the best in the east. I mean look how deep this team is. We're two or three deep at every position, all that has to be seen is if players are willing to sacrifice. Specifically Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gooden.

Rose-Hinrich-Duhon
Gordon-Hinrich-Thabo
Deng-Nocioni
Tyrus-Gooden
Noah-Gray

I'm not even convinced that we would make the playoffs yet, yet alone be a contender.

NJrockPD
06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
If Ben Gordon is our savior why haven't we one a championship since we drafted him.

Pran Raznor
06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
This team will not be a contender because the Bulls didn't pick Michael Beasley, the Ben Gordon haters and the Rose fans don't want the Bulls to be a good team again because they want Paxson to get rid of Ben Gordon, the other eastern teams are getting better than the Bulls and Paxson seems like he's struggling to get Luol and Ben to resign. So this team is likely to go no where.

ok well move to SouthBeach and support that mancrush of yours.

Thank you...it's about time somebody said something

kozelkid
06-29-2008, 11:23 PM
If Ben Gordon is our savior why haven't we one a championship since we drafted him.

oh your right, didnt we win like 5 championships with hinrich? what kind of comment is that. no one except rose is possibly a savior and even rose isnt without good players around him. remember this is 5 on 5, not 1 on 1.

razorromone4984
06-29-2008, 11:32 PM
The only thing this team will be contending for is last place. This team is in rebuilding mode.

abe_froman
06-30-2008, 01:50 AM
contend for what? a playoff spot,sure.challenge for anything more,no.

metsbulls1025
06-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Nope. We have been rebuilding for way to long now and the only peices that have been good or decent we delt away and kept the ones that didn't pan out yet. If you want to wait it out and see if they live up to the hype then sure we might be a contender, but with this current team we won't make the playoffs. There is no reason to believe that Tyrus Thomas will all of sudden become this all star. It was a bad move from the start, we traded a need for a project and I believe people are afraid to admit we made a mistake and thats why they are attached. Loul Deng is the only player that has potential to be an all star and even he is a long shot. The past shows me if any deals are to be made they will be the wrong ones if any deals get done at all. Lets be honest, Pax doesn't even have a mediocer track record for trading or even making the right moves. This team needs a major make over and it has to be built around Rose.

playanomor
06-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Ummm... where's Larry Hughes?!?! I know everyone hates him, but Larry Hughes will probably be the starter along Derrick Rose to start the year, and that's a pretty nice backcourt. Defensively they're one of the top in the league, and Rose can create good shots for Hughes. I agree that he'll eventually be traded because of the value of his expiring contract, but Larry Hughes will aid in the development of Rose by taking a lot of pressure off in the early part of his career. Am I the only in the world EXCITED to have Larry Hughes playing for my team next year??????

abe_froman
06-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Am I the only in the world EXCITED to have Larry Hughes playing for my team next year??????

yes!

sweetshot
06-30-2008, 06:13 AM
At best, Larry Hughes should be looked at as trade bait or trade filler...

After last year "starters" stumbled out of the gate (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng...), I think that it is obvious that they were merely overachieving role players starting for a team with limited talent. I used to like Gordon and believed him to be hard-working and wanting to be a leader on this team, however it is hard to hand over the mantle of leadership to a player whose contract situation leaves you wondering if he will be back. Now with Rose in the fold, Gordan and Hinrich are no longer essential-- role players that may be kept or discarded. Hughes also proved to be as inconsistent as Gordon after he was acquired.

I think the franchise is at a turning point, even moreso after utilizing the first pick to take a cornerstone point like Derrick Rose, and I think you have to make a decision about the other players that will get the starters' minutes and go from there. Sefolosha has shown flashes of greatness, and he deserves a shot at having the starting job for a full season. A backcourt of Rose and Sefolosha would provide the type of D on opposing backcourts that we haven't seen since Jordan and Pippen.

This is also a situation where we should find out what we have as a player in Thomas... he was worth trading the 2nd overall pick (and a great looking player in Aldridge) for, so we need to know if he is the player that we think he is... That being said, Deng is also a quality player who, when aggressively taking the ball to the basket, is an asset worth holding onto.

By midseason, I think our starters will be (unless we make a trade):
PG Rose
SG Thabo
SF Deng/Thomas
PF Gooden
C Noah
6th man Gordon

We are only a year since getting to the second round of the playoffs, so there is potential for a surprising year, but we are a year or two away from being a serious contender... and as we all know, contenders have players that fulfill roles... However, it is imperative that the two years are spent fleshing out who should get the starter minutes at each position.

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm not even convinced that we would make the playoffs yet, yet alone be a contender.

Why not other than Boston who's better? OH and I forgot to mention this is assuming that Rose has an immediate impact.

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 07:19 AM
oh your right, didnt we win like 5 championships with hinrich? what kind of comment is that. no one except rose is possibly a savior and even rose isnt without good players around him. remember this is 5 on 5, not 1 on 1.

That just shows your bias because he didn't even mention Hinrich but you brouhgt up that he didn't win a championship either.

Seventh King
06-30-2008, 07:46 AM
No way in hell Bulls can move Hughes, might as well play him. Larry and Thabo can split the time at the two spot. Gordon will probably sign the qualifying offer of one year, so the long standing fight of "Who sucks and who starts" should be settled. Deng will be signed, Rose will have a decent year for a rookie,and the Bulls will get the 7th seed in the East. We know where it goes from there . . . so stop the BS about championships and contending with the big dogs. We'll need more time, tweaks, and trades to push deeper into the playoffs.

Noreaga
06-30-2008, 08:59 AM

have you ever been to a bulls game? fans hate hinrich! i personally dont mind him. i'd prefer to keep gordon for the fact that he's a good shooter. with rose handling the rock and dishing it out...gordon could thrive with the spot up 3's...he'll no longer have to create his own shot. hinrich was never a really good finisher around the basket and if rose can finish, teams will respect that....leaving shooters open

mschmidt64
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Maybe contend for a 5th or 6th seed

Yep.

Legit contender? Not now. Not in the future.

Playoff team year-in and year-out, sure, but championship?

Fuhgedaboudit.

This team needs a re-make first.

maddog1941
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
We need one superstar or all-star calibur player to even think about bieng in the Championship conversation. Those type of players will NOT be coming to Chicago this year. We will contend for the playoffs this season, we should be in the mix for the 6-8 seeds and possibly a 4 or 5 (this is if Rose proves to be who we think he is as a ROOK). But 4 or 5 is reaching and look for a 1st round bouncing.

KH12
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
have you ever been to a bulls game? fans hate hinrich! i personally dont mind him. i'd prefer to keep gordon for the fact that he's a good shooter. with rose handling the rock and dishing it out...gordon could thrive with the spot up 3's...he'll no longer have to create his own shot. hinrich was never a really good finisher around the basket and if rose can finish, teams will respect that....leaving shooters open

What does that have to do with anything? lol. It's not even close to being true. Kirk is one of the beloved Bulls. Most fans at games cheer every Bull. Kirk always gets the loudest reaction during the intros, except for maybe when Nocioni starts.

I still don't think Gordon is that better of a scorer than Kirk. Is he better? Yes. Is the gap as big as most think? Nope. Gordon just shoots more, therefore scoring more, which factors into most people's opinions.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
im glad you bulls fans see that you arent contenders yet, but with a few moves here and there.

Noreaga
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
What does that have to do with anything? lol. It's not even close to being true. Kirk is one of the beloved Bulls. Most fans at games cheer every Bull. Kirk always gets the loudest reaction during the intros, except for maybe when Nocioni starts.

I still don't think Gordon is that better of a scorer than Kirk. Is he better? Yes. Is the gap as big as most think? Nope. Gordon just shoots more, therefore scoring more, which factors into most people's opinions.

every game i went to last year(16 games) fans were booing the hell out of him....especially during the triple overtime game against portland.....i wasnt trying to be an *** or anything, i was just asking.

maddog1941
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
And the Heat are contenders? WTF

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
And the Heat are contenders? WTFdo you see anywhere in my post about heat being contenders?
just answer me that "maddog"

blams
06-30-2008, 01:37 PM
not a contender with noah at center, ever.

maddog1941
06-30-2008, 01:37 PM
in your post you reference "we", who "we" are you talking about, I just assumed you meant "we" as in Miami, since that is your monniker.

blams
06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
im glad you bulls fans see that you arent contenders yet, but we a few moves here and there.

right now the bulls can get probably a 5th seed, 4th at the highest. because last year was obviously a fluke (common sense).

but with a couple of good moves, we may compete with the pistons for the division, :pray:

but i doubt it.

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
in your post you reference "we", who "we" are you talking about, I just assumed you meant "we" as in Miami, since that is your monniker.

im sorry i meant with

KH12
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
every game i went to last year(16 games) fans were booing the hell out of him....especially during the triple overtime game against portland.....i wasnt trying to be an *** or anything, i was just asking.

Last year, everyone got booed. That's what happens when you go from potential Eastern Conference Champions to 33-49.

Blue Tiger
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Ummm... where's Larry Hughes?!?! I know everyone hates him, but Larry Hughes will probably be the starter along Derrick Rose to start the year, and that's a pretty nice backcourt. Defensively they're one of the top in the league, and Rose can create good shots for Hughes. I agree that he'll eventually be traded because of the value of his expiring contract, but Larry Hughes will aid in the development of Rose by taking a lot of pressure off in the early part of his career. Am I the only in the world EXCITED to have Larry Hughes playing for my team next year??????

Hell yeah that you are the only one that's excited about Larry Hughes because that dude sucks.

g3v
06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
To me what makes the bulls a contender is just Marcus Camby since the bulls are in the East and have the other positions filled w/ capable guys. The deal for Camby could be sign-trade-deal w/ Camby for Duhon & Gooden and maybe Future conditional 1ST rd. pick

KH12
06-30-2008, 02:43 PM
We have no rights to Duhon. He is no longer a member of the Bulls and can sign anywhere.

klims5
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
we are not championship contenders now b/c we have to many unaswered questions and the will prevent the team from gaining a good chemistry we don't know who is on the team or what roles people will have or who is part of the future what style we are going to play anything but most of all we have selfish guys on the team and b/c of that we need to make trades someone said we cant contend b/c of our 10 man rotation i agree i think we need to have a 7 man roatation with occasional role playing to make it a 8 or 9 man roatation at the most so my idea is to get rid of all the players who make alot of money for expiring contracts b/c thabo tt noah will get extensions next year so rather then save up for 2010 lets sign the guys of the future so we trade gordon (7-10 mil a year) Hinrich(11.5 next year 5 years left) noce(8.5 next year 5 years left) hughes(12 next year 3 years left)

trade # 1). Ben Gordon to New Orleans for Bonzi Wells Julian Wright

trade # 2). Kirk Hinrich to Denver for Marcus Camby

trade # 3). Drew Gooden to Seattle for Donyell Marshall

trade # 4). Andres Nocioni and Cedric Simmons to Cleveland for Eric Snow and Damon Jones

trade # 5). Larry Hughes to Portland for Raef Lafrents and future pick

# 1). helps both teams we get rid of shot and minute hungry high paid player for a future great player in wright also hometown boy doesn't play alot and great vet in wells who is a block and can post up defend and play the two also doesn't require alot of pt

# 2). everyone already knows about this good for both teams enough said

# 3). we get rid of a post who would play alot and add a wing vet who can shoot the three and also not alot of pt

# 4). we get rid of noce get two players one a pure shooter so we don't have to hit free agency in jones we get a back up vet pg in snow and if he can't play he can be assistant all year long and help rose develop also both are expiring contracts

# 5). a big man who can hit perimeter shot if he even sees the court again another expiring contract and portland gets a backup to roy

lineup

rose/snow
thabo/wells/jones
deng/wright/marshall
noah/thomas
camby/gray/lafrentz

we have vets we have post up guys we have shooters we have youth and most of all we will have alot of expiring contracts so we will have the money to spend on thabo tt and noah after this year to keep them here for along time we have camby to teach noah gray and tt and we have marshall to teach deng and wright snow to teach d rose i mean we have a very capable team of contending and also built for future i think these moves put us in great shape to contend not only this year but for years to come

Seventh King
06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
^ "There are times,when I look in the mirror".....Pax ain't up for all that.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
That just shows your bias because he didn't even mention Hinrich but you brouhgt up that he didn't win a championship either.

how am I being biased, I just said that putting gordon in that spot is jsut as unfair as if I were to put hinrich there. you are telling me about bias, you ahve a hardon for hinrich for crying outloud.
fact is hinrich is a good starting pg, and gordon is good sixth man. we have rose so hinrich will be gone, but gordon probably not cause we dont have a 6th man better than gordon. end of story

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM

dont bother, you gotta understand if ANYTHING is said bad about hinrich, it is considered a sin in khinrich12's book.

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 07:51 PM
how am I being biased, I just said that putting gordon in that spot is jsut as unfair as if I were to put hinrich there. you are telling me about bias, you ahve a hardon for hinrich for crying outloud.
fact is hinrich is a good starting pg, and gordon is good sixth man. we have rose so hinrich will be gone, but gordon probably not cause we dont have a 6th man better than gordon. end of story

NO we'll have Gordon still because nobody will take him in a serious trade, sure they're willing to give us Zach Randolph but that's not much. From here out the number one focus must be bringing Rose along so that he reaches his full potential quickely. I STRONGLY believe that if anything Gordon will slow that process because he (and LU) break almost every fast break with a pull up un-contested 19 footer.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
NO we'll have Gordon still because nobody will take him in a serious trade, sure they're willing to give us Zach Randolph but that's not much. From here out the number one focus must be bringing Rose along so that he reaches his full potential quickely. I STRONGLY believe that if anything Gordon will slow that process because he (and LU) break almost every fast break with a pull up un-contested 19 footer.

and why should they even be leading a fast break to begin with, shouldnt it be your boy hinrich? :eyebrow:
no they will flourish with rose because rose will be leading the fast break (ACTUALLY leading unlike hinrich) because of his tremendous speed and gordon and deng will have much more open shots with rose

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 08:18 PM
and why should they even be leading a fast break to begin with, shouldnt it be your boy hinrich? :eyebrow:
no they will flourish with rose because rose will be leading the fast break (ACTUALLY leading unlike hinrich) because of his tremendous speed and gordon and deng will have much more open shots with rose

I don't Know?! Why don't you ask him? Why does he completely ignore all plays and the point guard o do something stupid. I will say and have said all along that he (when hot) is almost unstoppable. BUT He can also self-destruct in the same way. And Deng and Gordon had TONS of open shots last season they just missed. Also I think Nocioni should get a lot of the blame from last season, he laid an egg, and that's sad to say because he's one of my favorite players. But that's not the point anymore the Rose era has started and we need to move him along. AND DON'T LET HIM NEAR A MOTORCYLCE :mad:

JordansBulls
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
we are not championship contenders now b/c we have to many unaswered questions and the will prevent the team from gaining a good chemistry we don't know who is on the team or what roles people will have or who is part of the future what style we are going to play anything but most of all we have selfish guys on the team and b/c of that we need to make trades someone said we cant contend b/c of our 10 man rotation i agree i think we need to have a 7 man roatation with occasional role playing to make it a 8 or 9 man roatation at the most so my idea is to get rid of all the players who make alot of money for expiring contracts b/c thabo tt noah will get extensions next year so rather then save up for 2010 lets sign the guys of the future so we trade gordon (7-10 mil a year) Hinrich(11.5 next year 5 years left) noce(8.5 next year 5 years left) hughes(12 next year 3 years left)

trade # 1). Ben Gordon to New Orleans for Bonzi Wells Julian Wright

trade # 2). Kirk Hinrich to Denver for Marcus Camby

trade # 3). Drew Gooden to Seattle for Donyell Marshall

trade # 4). Andres Nocioni and Cedric Simmons to Cleveland for Eric Snow and Damon Jones

trade # 5). Larry Hughes to Portland for Raef Lafrents and future pick

# 1). helps both teams we get rid of shot and minute hungry high paid player for a future great player in wright also hometown boy doesn't play alot and great vet in wells who is a block and can post up defend and play the two also doesn't require alot of pt

# 2). everyone already knows about this good for both teams enough said

# 3). we get rid of a post who would play alot and add a wing vet who can shoot the three and also not alot of pt

# 4). we get rid of noce get two players one a pure shooter so we don't have to hit free agency in jones we get a back up vet pg in snow and if he can't play he can be assistant all year long and help rose develop also both are expiring contracts

# 5). a big man who can hit perimeter shot if he even sees the court again another expiring contract and portland gets a backup to roy

lineup

rose/snow
thabo/wells/jones
deng/wright/marshall
noah/thomas
camby/gray/lafrentz

we have vets we have post up guys we have shooters we have youth and most of all we will have alot of expiring contracts so we will have the money to spend on thabo tt and noah after this year to keep them here for along time we have camby to teach noah gray and tt and we have marshall to teach deng and wright snow to teach d rose i mean we have a very capable team of contending and also built for future i think these moves put us in great shape to contend not only this year but for years to come

#2 is the only one I would do.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't Know?! Why don't you ask him? Why does he completely ignore all plays and the point guard o do something stupid. I will say and have said all along that he (when hot) is almost unstoppable. BUT He can also self-destruct in the same way. And Deng and Gordon had TONS of open shots last season they just missed. Also I think Nocioni should get a lot of the blame from last season, he laid an egg, and that's sad to say because he's one of my favorite players. But that's not the point anymore the Rose era has started and we need to move him along. AND DON'T LET HIM NEAR A MOTORCYLCE :mad:

maybe because hinrich never did anything that a pg does in terms of playmaking. it's already been admitted almsot by everyone in this forum that hinrich's weakness is his playmaking that duhon is even a better playmaker and that's why the bulls players even preferred him over hinrich. HInrich is a good defender and probably an average scorer, but that's it. That is terrible to have as a pg in a team that NEEDS a good passing pg and wants to use fastbreak. hinrich is best in a halfcourt system where he doesnt handle the ball, but some great ballhandling sg does like roy, kobe, tmac, wade, jj, etc.
he doesnt fit in this team and that's why he could never handle the fastbreak. he isnt even fast, maybe that's why gordon had to handle the ball :rolleyes:. but he sure as hell wont with rose and that's why even pax says how he loves the fact that with rose gordon will get alot more open looks, which he didnt last year because noone could create for him (aka hinrich) and same with deng. give them a good playmaker and they WILL have open looks, which we hope rose will do.

klims5
06-30-2008, 08:26 PM
why? so you want to go into the season with a 10 man rotation and just two less guards but another big with that team we can't compete and we aren't getting our young guys pt so why would you only do that trade look we don't have talent on this team where we can trade away the players i mentioned and get back stud players so our best option is get expiring contracts thats what i did and its a balanced roster with some decent players so what is wrong with them just curious?

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM
maybe because hinrich never did anything that a pg does in terms of playmaking. it's already been admitted almsot by everyone in this forum that hinrich's weakness is his playmaking that duhon is even a better playmaker and that's why the bulls players even preferred him over hinrich. HInrich is a good defender and probably an average scorer, but that's it. That is terrible to have as a pg in a team that NEEDS a good passing pg and wants to use fastbreak. hinrich is best in a halfcourt system where he doesnt handle the ball, but some great ballhandling sg does like roy, kobe, tmac, wade, jj, etc.
he doesnt fit in this team and that's why he could never handle the fastbreak. he isnt even fast, maybe that's why gordon had to handle the ball :rolleyes:. but he sure as hell wont with rose and that's why even pax says how he loves the fact that with rose gordon will get alot more open looks, which he didnt last year because noone could create for him (aka hinrich) and same with deng. give them a good playmaker and they WILL have open looks, which we hope rose will do.

What does that have to do with what I said!? We don't want Gordon taking 20 shots a game, they will be going to Rose. And yes obviously Rose will turn out to be a better playmaker than Kirk but that;s not who we're comparing. Gordon takes horrible shots annually and there is no denying that. Also to say that hinrich is a bad passer is very unfair how can he have a lot of assists with a team that can't hit shots regularly.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
What does that have to do with what I said!? We don't want Gordon taking 20 shots a game, they will be going to Rose. And yes obviously Rose will turn out to be a better playmaker than Kirk but that;s not who we're comparing. Gordon takes horrible shots annually and there is no denying that.

of course, but can you blame that when noone else can step up, oh and fyi he has a better fg% than hinrich ;). I also dont expect gordon to take 20 shots a game, but with rose he will be open ALOT and if he is open, he can take as many shots as he wants, cause he will make it more times than not when open.

Also to say that hinrich is a bad passer is very unfair how can he have a lot of assists with a team that can't hit shots regularly.

no it is fair, because if hinrich was a good passer, his passes wouldnt be simply assists for jumpshots, his passes would be more like alley oops, and where a player can hit a high % shot. hinrich rarely does it though, cause fact is he isnt a good passer, that's just fact you will have to live with, he's good at other assets, but passing isnt one of them.

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
of course, but can you blame that when noone else can step up, oh and fyi he has a better fg% than hinrich ;). I also dont expect gordon to take 20 shots a game, but with rose he will be open ALOT and if he is open, he can take as many shots as he wants, cause he will make it more times than not when open.

no it is fair, because if hinrich was a good passer, his passes wouldnt be simply assists for jumpshots, his passes would be more like alley oops, and where a player can hit a high % shot. hinrich rarely does it though, cause fact is he isnt a good passer, that's just fact you will have to live with, he's good at other assets, but passing isnt one of them.

I would rather hinrich taking those open shots then Gordon, Gordon likes to create for himself. Also Kirk has been praised by established point guard such as Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and obviously Scott Skiles. Who all no more than you. You know what the media tells you which is all bull****. Nobody knows what the Bulls are thinking except for the front office.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I would rather hinrich taking those open shots then Gordon, Gordon likes to create for himself. Also Kirk has been praised by established point guard such as Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, and obviously Scott Skiles. Who all no more than you. You know what the media tells you which is all bull****. Nobody knows what the Bulls are thinking except for the front office.

well actually media usually bases it's info off what they hear from frontoffice.
and when has nash or kidd praised hinrich, especially for his passing, give me a source or it's bull****.
no gordon is a much better shooter, that's not even debateable, he's arguably the top 10 best shooter in the leauge, hinrich might be better overall player and that's where it's debateable but if someone suggests that gordon has better d than hinrich or hinrich is a better shooter/scorer than gordon, then they jsut dont know anythign about bball.

97'bulls
06-30-2008, 08:51 PM
well actually media usually bases it's info off what they hear from frontoffice.
and when has nash or kidd praised hinrich, especially for his passing, give me a source or it's bull****.
no gordon is a much better shooter, that's not even debateable, he's arguably the top 10 best shooter in the leauge, hinrich might be better overall player and that's where it's debateable but if someone suggests that gordon has better d than hinrich or hinrich is a better shooter/scorer than gordon, then they jsut dont know anythign about bball.

gimme a day I can find it, I saw it from the news part of this site. and Yes Kirk is a better overall player because if Gordon has the ball for over 3 seconds he comically falls on his face hilariously. Except it's not funny at the time because i wanna shoot somebody.

kozelkid
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
gimme a day I can find it, I saw it from the news part of this site. and Yes Kirk is a better overall player because if Gordon has the ball for over 3 seconds he comically falls on his face hilariously. Except it's not funny at the time because i wanna shoot somebody.

I'll give you 5 years and you still wont find it :). I dont want gordon to handle the ball either, so you aint proving ****. I want rose to handle the ball and gordon to come off screens or slash or sit back behind the arch, because he can do both better than hinrich.