PDA

View Full Version : Marbury

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 06:43 PM
We have only one choice if you want to improve without trading Bargnani. And it's a risky one.

Stephon Marbury

He can play the point if we need him too, but the goal should be for him to be the top 6th man, mostly at SG. IF he's released, he can be had for the Vet Min. We took a chance on O'Neal. Lets get a little crazy

AgentViet
06-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Hell no, don't want to want make another risky move. Marbury is 10x worse too, I'd only take the risk with him if we didn't have a good PG, but we already have Calderon. Heck, I rather have Carter than Marbury.

Bob_at_york
06-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I would like to wait for him to be released or something before we start talking about this kind of thing.

bigtony989
06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I rather have Carter than Marbury.

BURN IN HELL ID RATHER HAVE SOME RANDOM 2 YEAR OLD FROM SASKATOON THEN CARTER yea thats right

hades
06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
locker room cancer.

star
06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
another idiotic suggestion .... buddy get real

star
06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
why in the WORLD would marbury sign for the vet minimum ... hahahahahahahaha

kanersen
06-29-2008, 07:17 PM
i was thinking about this the other day wondering how we could get marbury without giving up anthony parker's contract (the knicks wouldn't want kapono's multiple years in return, or humphrey's), and there is none.

And i wouldn't want to trade parker for marbury

Ragun
06-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Ill pass.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not suggesting trading for him, we could never match salaries.
Chances are they will buy him out.
And star your the idiot because he's making 20 Million dollars already This season buyout or not. 2 Million and the chance to play for a contender. Is someone going to use their MLE on him. Star your one of the worst people on this forum. You never have a suggestion you just criticize everything. We'd still have the Williams' on this team if it were up to you. Have a little creativity and ******* god **** fun on here. None of us are making the trades so we might as well have interesting dicussion, not just lets sign Mickael Pietrus talk.

Ramon Nivar
06-29-2008, 08:07 PM
This would be awful. If he wasn't one of the biggest cancers in the NBA every team would want him. Since he is no one wants him. Plus he would want a starting job and he is good enough to garner one. So I doubt he would come here to be a back-up for Vet's min when some desperate team would offer at least a starting job or a better title shot.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Who's going to offer him a starting job? Name the team. Tell me.
He's not fit to run the point. Much like Barbosa he could make a difference at SG. And he'll get starting minutes in Toronto.

Look at these posts. Half the people say no one will want him, the other half say he's a starter. Only a few teams will take a chance on him and none better than Toronto.

And it's a brave move, the kind of brave move u have to make to get better. What is a locker room cancer? he's not the leader of the team. What is he going to talk everyone into not playing well?

"Hey Jose i was just thinking, maybe you should miss more often, and do alot of behind the back passes."

Idiots

DaoudS
06-29-2008, 08:23 PM
whats wrong with Marbury coming off the bench and being the 8th or 9th guy. If he thinks that Toronto has a shot, and if he does get bought out from NY - I think he very well will accept the league minimum and try to prove people wrong.

I say go for it, if its for the league minimum, maximum of 2 years and incentive based.

Ramon Nivar
06-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Who's going to offer him a starting job? Name the team. Tell me.
He's not fit to run the point. Much like Barbosa he could make a difference at SG. And he'll get starting minutes in Toronto.

Look at these posts. Half the people say no one will want him, the other half say he's a starter. Only a few teams will take a chance on him and none better than Toronto.

And it's a brave move, the kind of brave move u have to make to get better. What is a locker room cancer? he's not the leader of the team. What is he going to talk everyone into not playing well?

"Hey Jose i was just thinking, maybe you should miss more often, and do alot of behind the back passes."

Idiots

The Hawks could offer him a starting job, the Magic, Miami, Clippers, Houston.

I believe those teams could possibly offer starting PG jobs to him.

DaoudS
06-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Magic - I'd take Dooling and Arroy over him any day. Oh yeah, Nelson kicked the raptors ***
Miami - ehh, i cant see it because they have 3 scorers in Marion, Beasley and ofcourse, D Wade - they'd be better fit with a guy like Blake who can pass and shoot the 3.
Clippers - Maybe, but Knight is a true PG and i dont think the Clippers would think Marbury is an upgrade
Houston - Alston>Marbury

I highly doubt Marbury will be any teams starting PG at the beginning of the season. That could change with injuries and what not, but i dont see it happening.

gbus
06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I would like to wait for him to be released or something before we start talking about this kind of thing.

So would i, but to go with the context of the discussion, i think it's possible that Starbury could actually end up back in Minnesota.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Hawks offer it over bibby? Nope
The Magic could offer a can of tomato soup a job at SG. They have Nelson at PG
Miami will have OJ Mayo by july 1st. Why do you think memphis traded for him.
The Clippers will sign and trade Magetter because they have 4 other starters, and that will get them a PG
And Houston if they don't end up with Billups have too PG at about the same level. And Marbury starting with mcgrady? Would Yao just watch balls sail over his head?

The reason Marbury works here is because he's got two great bigs to dish too, and he's not the starting PG. He can backup point. But SG is were he needs to be. He could still get 30 Mins backing up those two spots. Hell maybe he wins the sixth man award.

ramz.n
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
as much as i dont like him this is just a discussion thread.. its not like if we agree then BC is going to try to make it happen coug cough Star lol..even though MArbury has attitude issues..maybe he can change being on a winning team :D

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Minnesota? Why. Only a contender would both with Marbury, why take playing time away from a young guy so Marbury can lead u to second last instead of last?

Ghouse
06-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Do you guys really want that large contract?

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
We Don't Take His Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaoudS
06-29-2008, 09:04 PM
lol easy buddy.

no one would want him or his contract, unless they want to cut cap in 09. Pacers?

But seriously, no one would. Teams would only consider him if he was released.

nads83
06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
i wudnt take marbury for free.

Bob_at_york
06-29-2008, 09:11 PM
And star your the idiot because he's making 20 Million dollars already This season buyout or not. 2 Million and the chance to play for a contender. Is someone going to use their MLE on him. Star your one of the worst people on this forum. You never have a suggestion you just criticize everything. We'd still have the Williams' on this team if it were up to you. Have a little creativity and ******* god **** fun on here. None of us are making the trades so we might as well have interesting dicussion, not just lets sign Mickael Pietrus talk.
don't make it personal man. Report posts if you see somebody breaking a rule. Consider this your warning.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 09:18 PM
lol Bob are you kidding? He personally attacked me like 9 times today lol. LEts just have fun it's like those wacky sports radio shows with two guys who disagree.

Bob_at_york
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
lol Bob are you kidding? He personally attacked me like 9 times today lol. LEts just have fun it's like those wacky sports radio shows with two guys who disagree.
Report the posts if he is attacking you. I can't be in every thread especially with the increase in traffic lately. Also I know he attacked you here, that is why he got an infraction. If you want to continue insulting him back and such then feel free but I can tell you that an infraction will most likely come back your direction.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Alright Alright. Anyways

GO Marbury

C-O'Neil Bargnani
PF-Bosh Jawai
SF- Moon
PG- Calderon Ukic
SG-Parker Marbury

T.O- Kapono Humphries Graham and 9 Million 1st rd picks
for
Insert 10 Million Dollar SF here.

khanraymond
06-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Frist, who traded marbury from the Suns? - BC.

Second, doesn't our coach have a history of conflicts with attitude PG's? - Yes, remember Alston.

And third, would Marbury be satisfied with his role in Toronto? - Probably not. At the guard position, you have Calderon, Parker, Kapono and Roko - that means Marbury is the 3th guard off the bench. He made a big deal about being on the bench and not starting.

Marbury will be a good fit for PHX - more so than Barbosa at back up PG.
one, better able to run the point.
two, limit Nash's minutes + Marbury would be the back up PG rather than 3rd PG
three, Shaq and Amare can bodyslam him if he gets out of control. Marbury needs to be on a team where he respects someone or feels they are better than him. In NY, he still feels that he's the best player on that roster.
If he came to Toronto, no doubt he would feel he's better than Calderon and Roko.

And I know you said to run him at SG - but that creates defensive liabilities, since Calderon nor Marbury can guard SG that are bigger.

Fion
06-29-2008, 09:49 PM
this is so not in the realm of possiblity its funny. this wont happen no danger of that.

khanraymond
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
a much better gamble on the raptors part - Shaun Livingston.

Will be very cheap and is 6'7. Could be your 3rd PG behind Calderon and Roko, or your 4th wing man behind Parker, Kapono and Moon. If it pans out and he returns to a high level - opens up the door to trade Kapono (which is hard to do with only 3 wing players under contract - Graham doesn't count). If it doesn't work out, it won't matter cause he's your 4th option at the wing.

If a PG goes down, Livingston is more than capable of being a temporary back up PG.

That would open up a shot at getting a player like Matt Barnes - a work horse who can play both forward positions at 6'7-6'8.

carlo4444
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
i would get him even if he plays **** you dont have to play him plus you sign him for the min

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Why does everyone seem to think Kapono is a guard?

Marbury would be first off the bench. And Colangelo has traded alot of players. You have to do that to get players in return. It's how trades work.

khanraymond
06-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh, thats how trades work. I knew I was missing something.

Kapono isn't a guard?oh ya, they list him at SF.
But does he drives the basket? Nope. Does he rebound well? Nope.
What does he do?
Shoots 3pts, comes off screens for open shots, and play mainly on the outside. sounds like a SG too me. the only thing that he can't do, that most SG can do, is create is own shoot. So he's neither a SG or SF - somewhere in the middle.

and like i said - the back court of Calderon and Marbury would get killed on the defensive end - i would love to see Marbury guard 6'6-6'8 players - why don't you think the whole experiment of Francis and Marbury didn't work out. Sure, they scored - but the defense was horrible. And its not like Calderon is up for defensive player of the year.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Well thank god he's your backup than. And Marburys defense doesn't come close to being as insultingly bad as Kapono's. And it doesn't matter if he plays like a guard, he plays the Small Forward, as in, they have a SG on the floor at the same time as him. He could play like a Center, but we still have a Center.

khanraymond
06-29-2008, 10:52 PM
it gets difficult to talk about individual positions with so many hybrids out there.

its better to think of - PG + 2 wing + 2 frontcourt.

ideally, at the wings - you want one or both players to be a solid defender, one or both capable of shooting 3pts, one or both capable of driving to the basket, and one or both rebounding well.

Kapono with Parker - parker usually guarded the better wing, parker usually took the ball to the basket, parker rebounded better, and Kapono usually took more outside shots
Kapono with Delfino - Delfino guarded the better wing, Delfino took the ball to the basket, Delfino rebounded better, and Kapono took more outside shots.

Kapono is a good player - but he's not a good player beside Parker. Both can't be on the floor together - Parker is a good defender, but not a great one. And Parkers game is more suited for coming of screens than isolations.

The point that were arguing is that Marbury would be a back up SG - which doesn't even make sense, cause he would do a good job beside Calderon (not to say Kapono is any better - but Kapono is under contract, Marbury isn't).

B2theRY
06-29-2008, 11:23 PM
loved marbury in college
loved him in the begining of his NBA

i think he is a skilled player but a big time cancer... too selfish to be a PG but i do believe he is skilled.

if he gets bought out.

$50 says he is a laker or clipper.

Dragan
06-30-2008, 12:58 AM
ahhahaha Starbury for Andrea. LOLOLOLOL. I would not take him if he played for free.

D.Pumps
06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Then who? who makes this team better. All these other players aren't any better than what we had on the wings last year. How far did we make it last year everybody? i wasnt paying attention. And we lost to the team with possibly the worst Wing players next to our own.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh god no.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Ewwwwww.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Locker room cancer. Aging vet. No thanks.

Numbers
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
How many balls are the Raptors playing with next season?

All these suggestions for players that are generally second and third options on a team that has already made a significant trade that establishes a smaller rotation and clearly defines roles of the players.

Ball in to Bosh
Ball in to O'Neal
Calderon to open man on perimeter or takes shot himself.

If some on this board had their way we would end up like the NY Knicks, a team paying the luxury tax filled with high priced marginal talents that can't win because no one can get enough shots to be effective.

Last year this team lost 15 games by 6 points or less, the added defence of O'Neal and the offensive upgrade he is expected to bring should turn that number in our favour. I don't think any other changes are needed.

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Nahh. I'll pass on him.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
i think the JO trade improves the raps defense big time... like i said i think in another thread or maybe this one im too lazy to look back.

you have 3 shot blockers on the court with JO, CB and Moon.. you get by one you still need to get by the other two... so their guards can now take more chances on defense..

If they can land a livinston for cheap then great pick up if not I think you spend your money wisely and bring in a decent player instead of 3 bums.

star
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM

With all due respect, i only criticize things that require criticism.

As for creativity, i highly doubt that any people call making up implausable and nonsensicle trades as creative.

By that token i could suggest bringing Steve Francis or Jay williams to torotno (just as much nonsense as Marbury) ... do you think these are also good ideas?

The only reason a player that was an allstar and max contract player signs for the vet minimum is when they are in their last season or two and is going to a bonafide contender. A bonafied contender means a team that has proven it will be in the conference finals consistently (LA, SA, DET, CLE) Unfortunately the raptors (although IMPROVED) with oneil are not contenders - they are definately a 2nd round and MAYBE 3rd round team ... but not contenders - not yet. So why would marbury take a huge paycut (ego cut) when he has never made a selfless act ever before in his career? And why to toronto? And why do we NEED him?

But i guess this is the calibre of critical thinking and "creativity" you would like to discuss?

There is no logical explanation to explain a post suggesting we get marbury.

Please ... make at least 5 good points as to how he will help this team in a backup PG role... because me being "the worst poster here" can definately make 5 as to why he would NOT help us.

star
06-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh and also, seeing the posts in this thread is there a single other poster that has thought your "creative" idea was good?

I cant even find one post on here that supports your outlandish claim ... so its not ME critising you .. its is everyone.

Unfortuantely i may have been too harsh with my words before .... and i do apologize ... in the future i will take into account the fact that you may be sensative.