PDA

View Full Version : What team could offer the most for Marion?

Derick713
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
If the Heat has no interest in giving Marion the extension he seeks then it makes no sense for the Heat to go into next season trying to win with a core that won't be together for the long run. I'd like to keep Marion because he makes our team better, but at the same time I feel like he will eventually get upset if the Heat makes him cover for Beasley's defensive liabilities by making him play out off position frequently. I think we all need to remember that Marion was upset at having to do all the dirty while being pegged as the third star behind Nash and Stoudemire. Marion was also upset that the Suns where shopping him and had no intention off giving him the extension he wanted because they believed that he was not a max player. I wouldn't have a problem with Marion complaining, but the fact that he was the highest paid player on the Suns team gave him no right to be upset with Nash or Stoudemire. Marion will no doubt be the third star behind Wade and Beasley which begs the question off how long will it be until Marion demands a trade to a team that is willing to give him an extension. The only team with the money and ability to offer Marion the chance off playing his natural position most off the time would be the Lakers. The Lakers could use a traditional small forward who can defend and shoot which is Marionís specialty. The Heat could use a true power forward like Odom so they can move Beasley to the small forward spot which would keep Beasley out off foul trouble and take pressure off him. The Lakers have the best chance off landing Marion is all Iím trying to suggest.

In my opinion the team that could offer the Heat the most in return for Marion would be the Cavaliers. Sure it seems like they donít have many assets that Heat fans would want, but the have the assets to give the Heat cap flexibility next off-season which would be huge. The Heat needs a center and the Cavaliers have one in Anderson Varejao. The Cavs can take on the bad deals of Blount and Banks while giving the Heat the expiring contracts off some great shooters like Szczerbiak and Jones. The Cavs could also offer the Heat a first round pick. I think thereís only one star left on the market for the Cavs to get since it seems like they failed to land Carter, Redd, OíNeal, Jefferson, and Hinrich. Marion is the only star I can think off that may become available sometime during this off-season for the Cavs. Plus LeBron has to be upset that his team hasn't improved while the Bulls, Bucks, and Pacers improved substantially. The Cavs have to make a move to keep themselves in the elite of the East. Teams like Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Orlando, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Washington, Chicago, and Miami all expect to make the playoffs next season. Even the Nets are a wild card playoff team in the East depending on Vince Carter, Devin Harris and all their new frontline players like Brook Lopez and Yi Jainlian.

Potential Deal- TRADE MACHINE APPROVED-

Heat Get-
Anderson Varejao- Center
Wally Szczerbiak- Shooter
Damon Jones- Veteran Point guard
Eric Snow- Expiring Contract

Cavs Get-
Shawn Marion- Star they needed
Mark Blount- Bad Deal
Marcus Banks-Bad Deal

sergiogon
06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
no thanks

sergiogon
06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
marion for josh smith or for gerald wallace and okafor

ATX
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
All those players blow! We would be right back in the lottery.

I understand what your saying about the contracts, but Blount's 6 year, 41 million dollar contract is up in 2010, and if we just hold onto Marion and let his deal expire next year...Then we have all the money we need to resign Wade in 2010 and to bring in Chris Bosh. Bringing in a player like Bosh would all but assure DWade to stay put. Besides I'd much rather send Marion to the west...why help make the Cavs that much better? 2010 *Wade, Beasley, Bosh* Think about it! :eyebrow:

awr0430
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
^^^The only one i would go for.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 07:16 PM
This makes NOOOO Sense. The only thing we get here is get rid of banks. Other wise we are basically trading Varajo for marion... I dont get it. We need to get a big expiring deal and then a young up and comer...

something like marion and blount for francis, frye, and webster... thats would be ideal...

or

marion, blount, banks for Marbury, rose, robinson, and lee...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 07:17 PM
...but i would want to wait until the deadline to something like this... to see if we are working...

noturnormalhero
06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
another horrible idea by u. sorry for hating but ur trade scenarios make no sense what so ever.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
me???

ATX
06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
^^^I think he was referring to Derrick.

ATX
06-29-2008, 07:30 PM
You said it best in another thread earlier Daleja..."Screw this, sign Brown at C and we're done"...we're just going to be developing our youth in Beasley, Cook, Wright, and others over the next two years anyways, let our bad contracts expire and then bring in someone like Bosh that will convince Wade to resign with Miami, and then go for a 3 peat!!

hoV23
06-29-2008, 08:11 PM
honestly i think miami if they want to keep wade they have to bring in a big peace now so we could start making an impact run now ... and marion wants at least 13 mill i rather give those 13 mill to brand or baron .. and lets say we get brand then we go after tinsly and if we get baron then we try to get a center

baron
wade
beasly
hasslem
willcox or diop

or

tinsly
wade
beasly
hasslem
brand

ATX
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
honestly i think miami if they want to keep wade they have to bring in a big peace now so we could start making an impact run now ... and marion wants at least 13 mill i rather give those 13 mill to brand or baron .. and lets say we get brand then we go after tinsly and if we get baron then we try to get a center

baron
wade
beasly
hasslem
willcox or diop

or

tinsly
wade
beasly
hasslem
brand

We'll be just fine with Marion, Wade, Beasley this year.

Besides don't you think a 2010 lineup of:

Chalmers-24
Wade-29
Wright-25
Beasley-22
Bosh-27

would be way better. #'s are the ages the players will be during the 2010-2011 season. That lineup would compete for titles for several years. IMO it's the best option.

Ghouse
06-29-2008, 08:46 PM
The trade you posted woudln't be worth it, we aren't getting anything good in return. If we trade Marion those wack people and they are old as hell.

kntresistheheat
06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
What is it with you and the cavs poor roster? Damon Jones, Eric Snow! First of all Eric Snow is retiring this year and might be going to a coaching staff with larry brown's bobcats!

These are terrible idea's!!!

If the Heat has no interest in giving Marion the extension he seeks then it makes no sense for the Heat to go into next season trying to win with a core that won't be together for the long run. I'd like to keep Marion because he makes our team better, but at the same time I feel like he will eventually get upset if the Heat makes him cover for Beasley's defensive liabilities by making him play out off position frequently. I think we all need to remember that Marion was upset at having to do all the dirty while being pegged as the third star behind Nash and Stoudemire. Marion was also upset that the Suns where shopping him and had no intention off giving him the extension he wanted because they believed that he was not a max player. I wouldn't have a problem with Marion complaining, but the fact that he was the highest paid player on the Suns team gave him no right to be upset with Nash or Stoudemire. Marion will no doubt be the third star behind Wade and Beasley which begs the question off how long will it be until Marion demands a trade to a team that is willing to give him an extension. The only team with the money and ability to offer Marion the chance off playing his natural position most off the time would be the Lakers. The Lakers could use a traditional small forward who can defend and shoot which is Marion’s specialty. The Heat could use a true power forward like Odom so they can move Beasley to the small forward spot which would keep Beasley out off foul trouble and take pressure off him. The Lakers have the best chance off landing Marion is all I’m trying to suggest.

In my opinion the team that could offer the Heat the most in return for Marion would be the Cavaliers. Sure it seems like they don’t have many assets that Heat fans would want, but the have the assets to give the Heat cap flexibility next off-season which would be huge. The Heat needs a center and the Cavaliers have one in Anderson Varejao. The Cavs can take on the bad deals of Blount and Banks while giving the Heat the expiring contracts off some great shooters like Szczerbiak and Jones. The Cavs could also offer the Heat a first round pick. I think there’s only one star left on the market for the Cavs to get since it seems like they failed to land Carter, Redd, O’Neal, Jefferson, and Hinrich. Marion is the only star I can think off that may become available sometime during this off-season for the Cavs. Plus LeBron has to be upset that his team hasn't improved while the Bulls, Bucks, and Pacers improved substantially. The Cavs have to make a move to keep themselves in the elite of the East. Teams like Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Orlando, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Washington, Chicago, and Miami all expect to make the playoffs next season. Even the Nets are a wild card playoff team in the East depending on Vince Carter, Devin Harris and all their new frontline players like Brook Lopez and Yi Jainlian.

Potential Deal- TRADE MACHINE APPROVED-

Heat Get-
Anderson Varejao- Center
Wally Szczerbiak- Shooter
Damon Jones- Veteran Point guard
Eric Snow- Expiring Contract

Cavs Get-
Shawn Marion- Star they needed
Mark Blount- Bad Deal
Marcus Banks-Bad Deal

ATX
06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
^^^Where does his post even mention Brian Shaw?

kntresistheheat
06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
ooooop's I ment eric snow...lol

^^^Where does his post even mention Brian Shaw?

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Ya, eric snow needs to retire yesterday.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I think the best scenario for us would be to trade Haslem/Blount/Cook for Lafrentz/Frye. Frye could be our starting C for the next 10 years. As a starter his rookie year he averaged nearly 15 pts, 8 rebounds, and a block a game in about 32 minutes. I think this guy could really be the answer for us... plus we could get a lot of cap space next year and maybe get 2 great players next summer.... or we could trade Mairons contract for a starting PG and still have cap space next year or another player...

we could end up looking like this by next summer: Davis/Wade/Beasley/Boozer/Frye... thats pretty nasty

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I think the best scenario for us would be to trade Haslem/Blount/Cook for Lafrentz/Frye. Frye could be our starting C for the next 10 years. As a starter his rookie year he averaged nearly 15 pts, 8 rebounds, and a block a game in about 32 minutes. I think this guy could really be the answer for us... plus we could get a lot of cap space next year and maybe get 2 great players next summer.... or we could trade Mairons contract for a starting PG and still have cap space next year or another player...

we could end up looking like this by next summer: Davis/Wade/Beasley/Boozer/Frye... thats pretty nasty

Yes thats nasty, but that includes several blockbuster deals, and getting 3 new players.

A way easier and less complicated option: As Ira Winderman suggested...If we can save our cap space for just a couple of years by not resigning Marion in 09', or Blount in 10' we will have the space to resign Wade and go after Chris Bosh...Let Chalmers, Wright, and Beasley develope over the next two years and then add the ONE missing piece. IDK, just seems a lot easier to do, and I know that Riley is in love with CB.

noturnormalhero
06-29-2008, 09:27 PM
i think there is a good possibility nothing will happen with Marion when it's all said and done but i rather us trade him and get something in return rather than have the possibility of him just signing elsewhere once his contract is up. Dont know if anyone else see's it like that. Unless the Heat have him in their long term plans. He just turned 30, so i'm guessin he has 4-6 more productive years in him. Wade,Marion,Beasley is not bad at all. Not extremely far off from the Big 3 in Boston. Look at Boston, they had Rondo and Cassell and Eddie House as their Pg's. we dont NEED a baron davis type pg. just a productive,good passing,good defender,low assist type dude. Wade creates his own shots so doesnt NEED a Nash minded guard like the Suns team does. With Wade pentrating..if teams choose to double Marion or Beasley..they both could shoot from the outside. I'd be fine with Udrih or Arroyo at PG. with chalmers and quinn. I see us having a good shot at Diop cuz the Nets have Lopez,Boone,Kristic,Swift and Williams that could play the Center position. Then again, Diop has never averaged more than 20 min. a game and would mean more playing time for Zo which IMO isn't a great idea if we want him to last all season. Zo needs to be MAX a 15 min PG playing time. To me, possible scenarios in Miami would be the obvious Boozer or Brand. Bosh is a possibility cuz if Bosh was there , he would have been in a Heat uniform..not Wade. Question is, what happens to Marion in that scenario? I mean, who knows. Maybe we obtain Bosh/Brand/Boozer off FA and THEN trade Marion? Wade,Beasley,Boozer/Brand/Bosh plus some dope **** off the Marion trade lol. Just so many possibilities. I highly doubt the Lebron. To me, he is more likely to go play with the Brooklyn Nets and his boy Jay Z before playing here with Wade. Then again, if the Heat have a better lineup and better possibility of a title...who knows. The way the Cavs are going about their future, i cant see him there forever. Maybe he'll come here play with Wade..win a title or two..and then finish his career with Jay Z lol. like i said, endless possibilities. all we could do is speculate to kill time as we wait

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes thats nasty, but that includes several blockbuster deals, and getting 3 new players.

A way easier and less complicated option: As Ira Winderman suggested...If we can save our cap space for just a couple of years by not resigning Marion in 09', or Blount in 10' we will have the space to go after Chris Bosh...Let Chalmers, Wright, and Beasley develope over the next two years and then add the ONE missing piece. IDK, just seems a lot easier to do, and I know that Riley is in love with CB.

It doesnt take any blockbusters at all... all ittakes is the one trade I mentioned. Then next summer we could straight up sign Davis and then Brand or Boozer b/c all of them are FA's and we would have like 30 mil in cap space...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:30 PM
we could also trade marion/blount straigh up for okafor and have a ton of cap space...THIS SUMMER to sign josh smith...

Chalmers/wade/smith/beasley/okafor...

violetuniverse
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
ew.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:33 PM
ew.

what ya ewwing?

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:38 PM
It absolutey is blowing my mind right now that NOBODY seems to care that we have the real possibility of adding Chris Bosh in 2010...I posted the article about the CB to Miami in 2010 in the rumor thread...Had NO responses, then went and suggested the idea in like three other threads and still nobody seems to care, or at least want to offer any kind of response...Am I the only one excited as hell about that?

noturnormalhero
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
It doesnt take any blockbusters at all... all ittakes is the one trade I mentioned. Then next summer we could straight up sign Davis and then Brand or Boozer b/c all of them are FA's and we would have like 30 mil in cap space...

good point. hope there is enough to sign productive role and bench players. even though the Heat tend to play 8-9 guys deep.

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Ya, what is he ewwing?? That lineup was sick!

noturnormalhero
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
It absolutey is blowing my mind right now that NOBODY seems to care that we have the real possibility of adding Chris Bosh in 2010...I posted the article about the CB to Miami in 2010 in the rumor thread...Had NO responses, then went and suggested the idea in like three other threads and still nobody seems to care, or at least want to offer any kind of response...Am I the only one excited as hell about that?

read my paragraph of a response a few threads up. i mentioned it. i'm with you on that. may have not shown my excitement but i have it though! just dont want to get my hopes up lol. but yes, it excites me and should excite any Heat fan that him coming here is a possibility.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM

b/c I dont care about 2010... for all we know CB could break both legs before then. I want to win now... If we wait until 2010 it might be to late for wade anyways. There is no way Riley is really thinking about losing for two more years just to clear space for Bosh. If it happens that will be great. If not... there are plenty of other players we could get...

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
we could also trade marion/blount straigh up for okafor and have a ton of cap space...THIS SUMMER to sign josh smith...

What about matching salaries? Marion and Blounts combined salaries is like 24 million...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
What about matching salaries? Marion and Blounts combined salaries is like 24 million...

The Cats arent over the salary cap so they dont have to match up unless the deal would take them over the cap...which it wont if okafor gets about 10 mil a year...

I was looking for teams that are under the cap to trade forto get a good player and clear cap space THIS Summer. The other thing I was thinking was blount/marion for Dalembert...and signing Smith... but PHilly would be less likely to do this bc they are trying to win next year and need a C

twissst89
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM

? U cant do that. The salaries have to match. We can only clear cap for next season.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
? U cant do that. The salaries have to match. We can only clear cap for next season.

read my post above... the cats are wayy under the cap so could take back wayy more salary then they trade away... Like I said trading with the 76ers, Grizzlies, or Bobcats would allow us to clear cap space THIS YEAR...

ATX
06-29-2008, 09:53 PM
b/c I dont care about 2010... for all we know CB could break both legs before then. I want to win now... If we wait until 2010 it might be to late for wade anyways. There is no way Riley is really thinking about losing for two more years just to clear space for Bosh. If it happens that will be great. If not... there are plenty of other players we could get...

How would be losing for two more years with Wade, Marion, and Beasley next year? You think that Riley say's to Wade in 2010..."Hey we're going to bring in Chris Bosh" and Wade say's "No thanks, it's too late, I'd rather not compete for championships here, He's not good enough, I'm out"...All I'm saying is to hold onto the cap space next year created when Marion leaves for one year, If we could pair Wade and Beasely with a dominant and young Bosh the next year, then you bet I have the patience to have maybe one off year...and in this hypothetical off year between Marion and possibly adding Bosh, we still have Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, Cook, Haslem, so I don't think that year we're neccesarily headed for disaster.

Hey, whatever, I think it's a very simple and realistic plan that makes us a championship team and you obviously don't, so whatever...we'll see what happens. :smoking:

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
How would be losing for two more years with Wade, Marion, and Beasley next year? You think that Riley say's to Wade in 2010..."Hey we're going to bring in Chris Bosh" and Wade say's "No thanks, it's too late, I'd rather not compete for championships here, He's not good enough, I'm out"...All I'm saying is to hold onto the cap space next year created when Marion leaves for one year, If we could pair Wade and Beasely with a dominant and young Bosh the next year, then you bet I have the patience to have maybe one off year...and in this hypothetical off year between Marion and possibly adding Bosh, we still have Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, Cook, Haslem, so I don't think that year we're neccesarily headed for disaster.

Hey, whatever, I think it's a very simple and realistic plan that makes us a championship team and you obviously don't, so whatever...we'll see what happens. :smoking:

Im no saying its not a good plan. What I am saying is that I highly doubt Riley is going to sit on a payroll of like 38 million next year and just shrug his shoulders and say to the fans... were gunna wait a year. Remember that we dont have to sit on next years cap space b/c haslem and blount will expire in 2010 too... which is like another 14 mil... I could see Riley getting a decent C or somethingg next year, not spending all the marion money and then waiting... butt I doubt he will just sit on 15 mil of cap space and wait an entire year... thats not his style...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
If Riley is going to do this I think he would probably go fins a vet that expired in 2010 to trade marion

Camby seems to fit that perfectly... maybe camby/hunter for marion could work... by 2010 we wont want camby/hunter anyways... but camby would be good for now for us...

something like that would work to get us bosh in 2010 without making us sit on 15 mil in cap space...

twissst89
06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
read my post above... the cats are wayy under the cap so could take back wayy more salary then they trade away... Like I said trading with the 76ers, Grizzlies, or Bobcats would allow us to clear cap space THIS YEAR...

Yea but it brings them more then 100k over the salary cap so we cant do it. If Golden State has the 10 million dollar trade exception still we cud trade Marion for Jackson, but 10 mil wont get us Ellis,Smith, or Iguodola so i dont think we shud do it. Our best thing wud be to try to trade Marion for either Smith and Claxton or Ellis and Foyle.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Yea but it brings them more then 100k over the salary cap so we cant do it. If Golden State has the 10 million dollar trade exception still we cud trade Marion for Jackson, but 10 mil wont get us Ellis,Smith, or Iguodola so i dont think we shud do it. Our best thing wud be to try to trade Marion for either Smith and Claxton or Ellis and Foyle.

Ooooops. I though the qualifying offer was counting against there cap right now... but it isnt. I mean the cap hasnt been set yet. I dont think... but still your right. I looked at there cap number of 45 million but I didnt realize that Okafor wasn;t counting against that cap number yet. MY BAD DUDE!!!!

hoV23
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
who dose everyone want bosh i dont think bosh is that good he does his stuff in toronto cuz theres no one there miami should get boozer or brand .. not bosh

King Koopa
06-29-2008, 10:34 PM
First of all stop saying that were going to get Bosh because you never know what happens, Besides if Beasley turns into that 24/12 person everyone expects him to turn to why would we sign Bosh i rather go for Lebron besides, Im pretty sure Lebron we be willing to take a little pay cut to play with his best friend Wade, And Beasley too. LOL He wants a ring real bad. So im pretty sure hes willing to take a pay cut to get one, not a big one but a little one he will. Wade/Lebron/Beasley, whats the point of even starting a pg or a center with those 3.

King Koopa
06-29-2008, 10:41 PM
If Riley is going to do this I think he would probably go fins a vet that expired in 2010 to trade marion

Camby seems to fit that perfectly... maybe camby/hunter for marion could work... by 2010 we wont want camby/hunter anyways... but camby would be good for now for us...

something like that would work to get us bosh in 2010 without making us sit on 15 mil in cap space...

Why not trade Haslem and banks for Camby, They want to move Camby so might as well move him here to miami for Haslem and Banks in Haslem you have a Good PF and you can move Nene to Center, and in banks they have a decent Backup PG for Iverson.

PG Mario/F/A
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Blount
C Camby/Zo

But then again they have K-Mart.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Why not trade Haslem and banks for Camby, They want to move Camby so might as well move him here to miami for Haslem and Banks in Haslem you have a Good PF and you can move Nene to Center, and in banks they have a decent Backup PG for Iverson.

PG Mario/F/A
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Blount
C Camby/Zo

they already have K-Mart at PF... although banks could fit them well. he might actually be more then just a throw-in in that deal... They might do it though b/c they want rid of his contract. They are trying to get hinrich though i think...

twissst89
06-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Ooooops. I though the qualifying offer was counting against there cap right now... but it isnt. I mean the cap hasnt been set yet. I dont think... but still your right. I looked at there cap number of 45 million but I didnt realize that Okafor wasn;t counting against that cap number yet. MY BAD DUDE!!!!

Wait tho. Cud we trade Marion for Conley. It wud free up 14 mil in cap space and wud give us a point guard on top of that.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
we sure could!!!!!!!! And I'd do it!!! It would be more like trading Marion for Conley and Smith.... I knew my idea would work... I just picked the wrong team

how about: Marion/Blount/Cook for Conley/Darko???

Conley/Chalmers
Wade/Davis
Smith/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Darko/Brown/Zo

...thats sick and deeeeep... awesome find dude!

twissst89
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
we sure could!!!!!!!! And I'd do it!!! It would be more like trading Marion for Conley and Smith.... I knew my idea would work... I just picked the wrong team

how about: Marion/Blount/Cook for Conley/Darko???

Conley/Chalmers
Wade/Davis
Smith/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Darko/Brown/Zo

...thats sick and deeeeep... awesome find dude!

Daaam. I cant agree with u on Cook cuz thats my boy but Marion for Conley str8 up wud b tite. The question is if Memphis wud do it cus they kinda look set with:
Conley
Mayo
Gay
Warrick
Gasol

They mite rather also sign a free agent with that money tho. And Atlanta and Philly mite be only letting Smith and Iguodola slip throug a sign and trade. I hope we cud get it done sum how.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 11:17 PM
I like cook too... but he going to spend all next year on the bench... if we could get away with Darko/Conley for Marion/Blount I'd rather do that. I just through in cook to make it more realistic...and right now we need a big guy more then a sg... thats all. The thing with memphis is that they would still be getting cap space next year since marion is expiring...

...heck id even take lowry/darko for marion/blount...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Daaam. I cant agree with u on Cook cuz thats my boy but Marion for Conley str8 up wud b tite. The question is if Memphis wud do it cus they kinda look set with:
Conley
Mayo
Gay
Warrick
Gasol

They mite rather also sign a free agent with that money tho. And Atlanta and Philly mite be only letting Smith and Iguodola slip throug a sign and trade. I hope we cud get it done sum how.

+ who the heck is going to sign with memphis anyways?

twissst89
06-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I like cook too... but he going to spend all next year on the bench... if we could get away with Darko/Conley for Marion/Blount I'd rather do that. I just through in cook to make it more realistic...and right now we need a big guy more then a sg... thats all. The thing with memphis is that they would still be getting cap space next year since marion is expiring...

...heck id even take lowry/darko for marion/blount...

I wud to if it cud give us Smith, Igoudloa, or Ellis but i think we cud get 2guys that cud be here for the next 10 years. I also love Marion for Thadeus Young. Then sign Monta

Ellis/Chalmmers
Wade/Cook
Wright/Young
Beasley/Haslem
Worry about it next year

So far we got 3 trades that wud work, but like i said i dont know if Atl or GS wud let Smith or Ellis slip without a sign and trade which we wud nees Marion 2 do.

And Marion for Nick Young.

Master Mind
06-29-2008, 11:27 PM

I agree with this...And also Baron Davis

Derick713
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM

When you have a healthy D-Wade paired with a player who has a chip on his shoulder after being mentioned in trade talks and slipping to the number two pick, I think the Heat have to try and make some quick moves. It's only a matter off time until LeBron gets out Cleveland and goes to a team that has a chance to contend for a title. With Boston a little less hungry and a little older, the East can be won at this point in time. The Heat can't just wait till 2010 and assume that D-Wade will be healthy. Right now the Heat has Beasley on a rookie contract and Dwayne Wade on a pretty fair deal in which he makes less than Ben Wallace and Lamar Odom. The Heat has a chance to clear cap space now and be the favorites next season.

Next year the Heat will have an experienced Beasley and Chalmers with a well rested Dwayne Wade. The Heat will have enough cap space to sign a max player or two if they can get expiring contracts for Blount and Banks. On the other hand the Celtics and Pistons will be much older and in a transition phase next season. The Cavs will still have some cap problems which will hinder there efforts to add another star next to James. The Heat has a real shot at the Finals next season if they play there cards right.

CORE
Mario Chalmers/
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook
Shawn Marion/Dorell Wright
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
/Alonzo Mourning

If the Heat can package Marion with Blount and Banks they will have enough cap space to sign two max players. The Heat should focus more on Josh Smith than on older forwards like Boozer and Brand who have a lot off mileage on them. I wouldnít be opposed to Boozer since he is still 27 or 28.
2009-
Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook
Josh Smith/Dorell Wright
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
Andris Biedrins/

Derick713
06-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I hope everyone remembers that for trades to work salaries have to match up. Plus the Grizz won't trade Conely.

Derick713
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
There's one interesting trade that the Heat could do if they wanted to get a PG. I heard that the Knicks and Bobcats where working on a Felton for Lee swap. The Heat could offer Haslem who is clearly better than Lee

Heat Get-
Raymond Felton
Nazar Mohammed

Bobcats Get-
Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks

twissst89
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I hope everyone remembers that for trades to work salaries have to match up. Plus the Grizz won't trade Conely.

Not if the team is under the salary cap enough. The trade cant bring them over 100k of the salary meaning Marion for Conley would work. Marion for Thad Young would work. Marion for Nick Young would work. Marion for Lowry would work. And the point of all these trade is to add Ellis or Josh Smith with an open 15 mil. Memphis is loaded on the point guard and has no problem playing Mayo at the 1. If it gets them an all star in Marion when they already have a bunch of point guards i dont see why they wouldnt.

BigDaddyKaine
06-30-2008, 12:20 AM

:pity:

wow these deals would rape the Hawks or the Bobcats

ATX
06-30-2008, 12:21 AM
First of all stop saying that were going to get Bosh because you never know what happens, Besides if Beasley turns into that 24/12 person everyone expects him to turn to why would we sign Bosh i rather go for Lebron besides, Im pretty sure Lebron we be willing to take a little pay cut to play with his best friend Wade, And Beasley too. LOL He wants a ring real bad. So im pretty sure hes willing to take a pay cut to get one, not a big one but a little one he will. Wade/Lebron/Beasley, whats the point of even starting a pg or a center with those 3.

"First of all, stop saying that we're getting Bosh because you never know what happens." Well then, by your logic no one at all should discuss possibilities, since it's all just speculation...and we don't know what's going to happen, do we? All I did was post an article by a Miami journalist (Ira Winderman), who was suggesting the idea that Pat is looking down the road to obtain Bosh...I happen to think it's a great idea and wanted to share my sentiments. I thought people who read these forums would be excited by the idea of bringing in an All Star who can be our C....Not some 16 year old High School kid telling me what I can and cannot say. I never once said that it was for certain to happen. What does Beasley getting 24 and 12 have to do with getting Bosh? Is it a bad thing to have two dominant big men? Besides, there's a chance Beasley ends up a SF in the league. As for LB, he's more than likely going to end up in Brooklyn or Manhattan, and I seriously doubt that he's going to take a pay cut. Here's a link about it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronjayz022508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Derick713
06-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Not if the team is under the salary cap enough. The trade cant bring them over 100k of the salary meaning Marion for Conley would work. Marion for Thad Young would work. Marion for Nick Young would work. Marion for Lowry would work. And the point of all these trade is to add Ellis or Josh Smith with an open 15 mil. Memphis is loaded on the point guard and has no problem playing Mayo at the 1. If it gets them an all star in Marion when they already have a bunch of point guards i dont see why they wouldnt.

The Grizz drafted Conley to high to deal him so early on in his career. The Grizz didn't even give up Conley for Beasley as rumored. I think the Grizz know that Marion won't sign an extension nor would the Grizz invest so much in an older player when they have Gay and Warrick. Everyone knows that the Grizz have been shopping Lowry so it seems as tough they will keep Conely. The Warriors can't let Ellis walk since he's really there only young guard. The Warriors haven been drafting bigs so much that I forgot what other guards they have on there roster besides Ellis and Davis. I would hope the 76ers would be willing to take on Marion for Dalembert. We need a center badly. The Warriors actually have no players guaranteed a roster spot for the summer of 2010 so. I canít imagine letting Biedrins and Ellis walk free. Plus Ellis isnít a Pat Riley type guard. Why should the Grizz invest in an older player like Marion when they know they will be losing money for a few more seasons since they are in the West and wonít be making the playoffs any time soon? The Grizz also have Gay, Warrick, Walker, and Arthur so they donít need Marion

ATX
06-30-2008, 12:35 AM
The Grizz drafted Conley to high to deal him so early on in his career. The Grizz didn't even give up Conley for Beasley as rumored. I think the Grizz know that Marion won't sign an extension nor would the Grizz invest so much in an older player when they have Gay and Warrick. Everyone knows that the Grizz have been shopping Lowry so it seems as tough they will keep Conely. The Warriors can't let Ellis walk since he's really there only young guard. The Warriors haven been drafting bigs so much that I forgot what other guards they have on there roster besides Ellis and Davis. I would hope the 76ers would be willing to take on Marion for Dalembert. We need a center badly. The Warriors actually have no players guaranteed a roster spot for the summer of 2010 so. I canít imagine letting Biedrins and Ellis walk free. Plus Ellis isnít a Pat Riley type guard. Why should the Grizz invest in an older player like Marion when they know they will be losing money for a few more seasons since they are in the West and wonít be making the playoffs any time soon? The Grizz also have Gay, Warrick, Walker, and Arthur so they donít need Marion

:clap::clap::clap:

twissst89
06-30-2008, 12:46 AM
The Grizz drafted Conley to high to deal him so early on in his career. The Grizz didn't even give up Conley for Beasley as rumored. I think the Grizz know that Marion won't sign an extension nor would the Grizz invest so much in an older player when they have Gay and Warrick. Everyone knows that the Grizz have been shopping Lowry so it seems as tough they will keep Conely. The Warriors can't let Ellis walk since he's really there only young guard. The Warriors haven been drafting bigs so much that I forgot what other guards they have on there roster besides Ellis and Davis. I would hope the 76ers would be willing to take on Marion for Dalembert. We need a center badly. The Warriors actually have no players guaranteed a roster spot for the summer of 2010 so. I can’t imagine letting Biedrins and Ellis walk free. Plus Ellis isn’t a Pat Riley type guard. Why should the Grizz invest in an older player like Marion when they know they will be losing money for a few more seasons since they are in the West and won’t be making the playoffs any time soon? The Grizz also have Gay, Warrick, Walker, and Arthur so they don’t need Marion

The griz didnt give up Mayo and Conley for Beasley.The griz already have Lowry and just drafted Mayo. Lowry is only a slight downgrade from Conley while Marion is a huge upgrade over over Warrick. They could have Lowry, Mayo, Gay, Marion, Gasol. Ellis and Smith are restricted free agents meaning if we throw out an offer of 15 mil(Which is how much wed have open if wee do the deal) it wont be matched. Atlanta has already said that they wont go above 12 mil and with resigning Biedrins and maybe Davis neither would Golden State. Y wud u mention Walker?

twissst89
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
+ who the heck is going to sign with memphis anyways?

Im confused. Does the qualyifying offer count against the cap? On hoopshype it looks like a trade of Marion for Felton and Dudley would work.

MiamiHeatMafia
06-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Noo!

daleja424
06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Im confused. Does the qualyifying offer count against the cap? On hoopshype it looks like a trade of Marion for Felton and Dudley would work.

yes... i think it does count against once they make the qualifying offer...

Rolla
06-30-2008, 05:22 PM
All those players blow! We would be right back in the lottery.

I understand what your saying about the contracts, but Blount's 6 year, 41 million dollar contract is up in 2010, and if we just hold onto Marion and let his deal expire next year...Then we have all the money we need to resign Wade in 2010 and to bring in Chris Bosh. Bringing in a player like Bosh would all but assure DWade to stay put. Besides I'd much rather send Marion to the west...why help make the Cavs that much better? 2010 *Wade, Beasley, Bosh* Think about it! :eyebrow:

mos def. wade beasley and bosh at the 5 spot. damn what an explosive squad

futureman
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
AK for Marion straight up and then we could easily resign boozer next season.

marques724
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Lamar Odom for Marion

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Lamar Odom for Marion
No!

AK for Marion straight up and then we could easily resign boozer next season.

Maybe....Maybe not...:eyebrow:

On second thought NO!:D