PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
What would you guys be willing to trade for him?

Realistic trades would be nice, no corey for a second round pick. or corey sucks, we dont want him please... ha

the clippers need a point also, so something involving a point would be ideal.

cuttygiantsfan
06-29-2008, 05:07 PM
im guessing spurs either trade for him or resign barry

OaklandsFinest
06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
How bout Al Harrington and 1st rounder from 2010

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 05:26 PM
thats so tempting, but, we have kaman at 5, brand at 4, and thornton at 3.

where would al fit in?

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 05:27 PM
im guessing spurs either trade for him or resign barry

whats the trade here?

abe_froman
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
kirk hinrich

OaklandsFinest
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah but how effective is Kaman? You could bring him off the bench, move Brand or Harrington to the 5 and you'd have a versatile, very talented front court.

Jay22Redd
06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Luther Head, BJax and Chuck Hayes

Atticus Finch
06-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah but how effective is Kaman? You could bring him off the bench, move Brand or Harrington to the 5 and you'd have a versatile, very talented front court.

I think youre overrating Al Harrington. Dude doesnt rebound, is undersized, and shoots too many 3's. Players like that are easy to find, 7 footers who grab 12 rebounds a game arent.

stoudemire1
06-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I think youre overrating Al Harrington. Dude doesnt rebound, is undersized, and shoots too many 3's. Players like that are easy to find, 7 footers who grab 12 rebounds a game arent.

You couldn't have said it any better. That's the absolute truth.

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Luther Head, BJax and Chuck Hayes

he said realistic trades:eyebrow:

Cracka2HI!
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Barbosa or Terry. Possibly Tinsley + something.

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM

very effective

he gets 16 and 13 a game

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM

i do like al, but he is a little over rated. he is one of those guys that can be a great player, but i dont think he will ever be.

JabberJaw
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Realistic trades would be nice, no corey for a second round pick. or corey sucks, we dont want him please... ha

How about for Sasha Vujacic and a future first?

What's up with the Kobe hater stuff (Kylem4711)? Shaq=4 rings Kobe=0... You're a bit off there bud. Kobe=3 Shaq=4, would be a bit more accurate considering Kobe was the closer in every one of those championship years. Kobe hasnt proven he can do it without a dominant center, but Shaq hasnt done it w/o a dominant guard. Plus, Shaq went to a contender (Suns) and actually made them worse. Good luck on the next season hahahaha

BleedGreen1014
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM

What's up with the Kobe hater stuff (Kylem4711)? Shaq=4 rings Kobe=0... You're a bit off there bud. Kobe=3 Shaq=4, would be a bit more accurate considering Kobe was the closer in every one of those championship years. Kobe hasnt proven he can do it without a dominant center, but Shaq hasnt done it w/o a dominant guard. Plus, Shaq went to a contender (Suns) and actually made them worse. Good luck on the next season hahahaha

how do you figure shaq hasnt done it w/o a dominat guard, (WADE)
and when he won the finals 3 times w/ the lakers he was finals mvp all three times i think

City of Angels
06-29-2008, 07:31 PM
why trade for him when he could opt out and sign the mle with anyteam he wants

FromDallas
06-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Jason Terry + draft pick for Maggette

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 10:36 PM

i really hate sasha. he thinks he is a lot better then he is. just like it says.

shaq 4, kobe 0

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 10:38 PM
why trade for him when he could opt out and sign the mle with anyteam he wants

please dont be a laker myopic.

he will not play for the mle. he scores 20 a game, goes to the basket and shoots a high free throw percentage. a lot of teams need that

TMAC94
06-29-2008, 10:50 PM
how about something like shane battier, steve francis and luther head?

JordansBulls
06-29-2008, 10:51 PM

I would trade Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes for Maggette personally. However I would like Elton Brand as well and to get him I would include Luol Deng and Drew Gooden.

So all in all the Bulls trade Gordon, Hughes, Deng and Gooden for Brand and Maggette

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Thabo/Hinrich
SF Maggette/Nocioni
PF Brand/Tyrus
C Noah/Gray

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I would trade Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes for Maggette personally. However I would like Elton Brand as well and to get him I would include Luol Deng and Drew Gooden.

So all in all the Bulls trade Gordon, Hughes, Deng and Gooden for Brand and Maggette

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Thabo/Hinrich
SF Maggette/Nocioni
PF Brand/Tyrus
C Noah/Gray

NO way... The bulls get the 2 best players. If the clipps fall for this then the east is screwed!!! b/c the bulls would be pretty nasty...

vjonesphila@ver
06-29-2008, 10:55 PM
thats so tempting, but, we have kaman at 5, brand at 4, and thornton at 3.

where would al fit in?

isnt brand a free agent?

kobe2008mvp
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
lamar odom and this years second rounder for corey maggette and clippers next years second

AgentViet
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Thabo/Hinrich
SF Maggette/Nocioni
PF Brand/Tyrus
C Noah/Gray

Clippers lose in that deal, switch Hughes with Hinrich and it looks pretty good for both sides:
Rose-Hughes-Maggette-Brand-Noah
Hinrich-Gordon-Deng-Gooden-Kaman

JordansBulls
06-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Clippers lose in that deal, switch Hughes with Hinrich and it looks pretty good for both sides:

I'd do that as well.

crew158
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I didnt know there were actual people who give a s... what the clippers do.

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
lamar odom and this years second rounder for corey maggette and clippers next years second

no way...

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I didnt know there were actual people who give a s... what the clippers do.

wow

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 11:49 PM
how about something like shane battier, steve francis and luther head?

thats not a bad deal

CORY_RITCH
06-30-2008, 12:20 AM
depending on how much he makes i would say maggette and brand for hinrich and deng...seems far to me

clips bulls
pg kirk hinrich pg Derrick Rose
sg eric gordon sg Ben Gordon
sf luol deng sf corey maggette
pf deandre jordan pf elton brand
c chris kaman C joakim Noah

those are both 50+ win teams so whatayasay

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
depending on how much he makes i would say maggette and brand for hinrich and deng...seems far to me

clips bulls
pg kirk hinrich pg Derrick Rose
sg eric gordon sg Ben Gordon
sf luol deng sf corey maggette
pf deandre jordan pf elton brand
c chris kaman C joakim Noah

those are both 50+ win teams so whatayasay

thats not fair at all. brand is a 20 and 10 guy, and corey is a 20 point guy

Maverick22x
06-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Andrea Bargnani, Jason Kapono, Joey Graham, 2009 1st rd pick

Cracka2HI!
06-30-2008, 02:51 AM

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Thabo/Hinrich
SF Maggette/Nocioni
PF Brand/Tyrus
C Noah/Gray

Thats pretty damn interesting! Especially if you add Hinrich instead of Hughes. It would make a lot of sense for the Clippers to do this. This would be selling Brand very high!! If an offer like this was made we would really have to consider how likly it is that we can keep Brand long term. We couldn't get a better deal than this!

mfudge
06-30-2008, 03:40 AM
kylem4711.. you're either the clippers gm or corey maggette himself trying to figure out his self worth. i don't even know why all of these people bother listening to you and your authoritative style of response. you're nobody, so stop acting like you are somebody. how about this for an idea..... what do YOU think is a FAIR trade involving maggette? its so easy to be the naysayer.... step up to the plate and come with your OWN idea, big shot.

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Andrea Bargnani, Jason Kapono, Joey Graham, 2009 1st rd pick

thats a lot,

i would personally take bargnani and kapono though

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
kylem4711.. you're either the clippers gm or corey maggette himself trying to figure out his self worth. i don't even know why all of these people bother listening to you and your authoritative style of response. you're nobody, so stop acting like you are somebody. how about this for an idea..... what do YOU think is a FAIR trade involving maggette? its so easy to be the naysayer.... step up to the plate and come with your OWN idea, big shot.

:crazy:

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Thats pretty damn interesting! Especially if you add Hinrich instead of Hughes. It would make a lot of sense for the Clippers to do this. This would be selling Brand very high!! If an offer like this was made we would really have to consider how likly it is that we can keep Brand long term. We couldn't get a better deal than this!

your right. that is a pretty good deal there. i would have to think really hard about hinrich, gordon and deng.

JordansBulls, do you think that is fair?

theimortalone
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
i really hate sasha. he thinks he is a lot better then he is. just like it says.

shaq 4, kobe 0

I am a Kobe hater too, but you do relize that 3 of those titles that Shaq won was with Kobe? So it should be Shaq 4 Kobe 3.

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
I am a Kobe hater too, but you do relize that 3 of those titles that Shaq won was with Kobe? So it should be Shaq 4 Kobe 3.

yes i know...

im just playing around.

adealstimson
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Raymond Felton, Mike Bibby, or Jason Terry.. I dont see a reason to get another position besides PG..

Suns fans make me sick..

theimortalone
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
And why the hell do we make you sick?

mightybosstone
06-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Why are we asking you who you should take for him?

MiamiHeat
06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
marion and banks for maggette :)

mfudge
06-30-2008, 01:23 PM

shaq 4, kobe 0

:speechless::crazy:

just tell us, kyle, what do you think is a "good" trade for corey maggette?

Kg, Pierce, and Ray Allen for Maggette and Brand?

Kobe, Pau, and Bynum for Maggette?

lets hear what your proposals are, not just you telling everyone else how stupid their trade ideas are and how much better you think maggette is than whoever is involved in those ideas.

mfudge
06-30-2008, 01:25 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

ManRam
06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
This thread is kind of dumb.

First off, Maggette is going to opt out. He'll be a free agent. So teams don't need to give the Clippers anything.

Secondly, I hope/think he will go back home, and sign with the Magic.

OrlandoSentinel.com
NBA free agency
Orlando Magic may make move for Maggette

Tim Povtak
Sentinel Staff Writer
June 30, 2008

Los Angeles Clippers guard Corey Maggette told friends over the weekend that he was encouraging the Orlando Magic to make a competitive offer in free agency, allowing him to return to the team where he started his NBA career nine years ago.

Maggette, 28, averaged 22.1 points last season for the Clippers, where he has spent the last eight seasons as a shooting guard/small forward.

Maggette has until today to opt out of the final year of his contract for $7 million and become an unrestricted free agent Tuesday. Under salary-cap rules, the Magic have only the middle-class exception of $5.8 million to offer him in the first year of a deal. The Magic could build a five-year deal worth close to $40 million.

"I think he'd come back in a heartbeat," said a Maggette friend who is close to both the player and the Magic organization. "It's something he'd love to see happen."

Maggette played here as a rookie (1999-00). His parents live in Central Florida. He has often spoken about the possibility of returning to the Magic.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents Tuesday and signing them July 9. If Maggette opts out of his contract, the Clippers are expected to offer him a new four-year deal worth close to $40 million.

Magic General Manager Otis Smith declined to discuss any particular free agent.

If the Magic landed Maggette, it would make them serious contenders in the East, teaming him with center Dwight Howard, forwards Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu, and guard Jameer Nelson.

Copyright 2008, Orlando Sentinel

If he does...

Jameer
Maggette/Bogans/Redick/Lee
Hedo/Cook
Shard/Battie
Howard/Gortat

That's a nice starting 5. The only thing the Magic would have to do would be to sign a back up PG.

Hopefully these rumors are true.

Iodine
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM

First off, Maggette is going to opt out. He'll be a free agent. So teams don't need to give the Clippers anything.

If he does...

Jameer
Hedo/Cook
Shard/Battie
Howard/Gortat

That's a nice starting 5. The only thing the Magic would have to do would be to sign a back up PG.

That would be scary as **** right there so I hope it never happens

Noreaga
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM

the clippers would have the the bulls squad now plus kaman basically....honestly,I know you dont want any bashers in here, but i dont really like maggette...i'm a bulls fan and i dont want him...i would only want brand or kaman from the clips...IMO

HouRealCoach
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM

I would never start Harrington over Kaman

Reezy
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM

If he does...

Jameer
Hedo/Cook
Shard/Battie
Howard/Gortat

What about finding a good PF so we can place Rashard at the 3?

HouRealCoach
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Hinrich for Maggette

Alston, Head, Dorsey, Greene, 2nd Rounder for Maggette

WillisLovechild
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
no way...

thats actually pretty fair.

WillisLovechild
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
no way...

thats actually pretty fair.

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM

everyone else gets it, how come you dont?

i just want to see what other fans/teams think he is worth to them

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM

lets hear what your proposals are, not just you telling everyone else how stupid their trade ideas are and how much better you think maggette is than whoever is involved in those ideas.

ha, just dont come in here if you are going to be a weirdo

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
the clippers would have the the bulls squad now plus kaman basically....honestly,I know you dont want any bashers in here, but i dont really like maggette...i'm a bulls fan and i dont want him...i would only want brand or kaman from the clips...IMO

thats fine, i can totally understand how some people dont like maggette's game. i respect that you said it in a non *****y way. i actually didn't think that the bulls fans would want or even need him. but i would do maggette for hinrich

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM

If he does...

Jameer
Hedo/Cook
Shard/Battie
Howard/Gortat

well if you get so mad, you really dont have to come in here to complain.. BUT, that is a scary team. maggette would have to take a paycut to play with you guys. i am not sure he would do that. it is home for him though, so maybe. and also, a sign and trade is a very big possibility. so yeah he can opt out, but i dont think he would screw the clips over like that

kylem4711
06-30-2008, 05:34 PM

ha, you get so mad over nothing. i love it.

anyway, i think kg, pierce and ray allen for maggette is fair.

also, i haven't told everyone their trades are dumb, only the dumb ones, like the sasha one.

ManRam
06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
well if you get so mad, you really dont have to come in here to complain.. BUT, that is a scary team. maggette would have to take a paycut to play with you guys. i am not sure he would do that. it is home for him though, so maybe. and also, a sign and trade is a very big possibility. so yeah he can opt out, but i dont think he would screw the clips over like that

Didn't mean to sound angry/rude. It just might be a moot point. Maggette will opt out (almost a given), and will probably leave LA. He doesn't get along with Dunleavy, and every report I read says he is ready to bolt. There might be a sign and trade, but he's a free agent, so teams don't need to trade for him. That was my only point. Probably shouldn't have said dumb...because I guess seeing who would trade what for him does help judge his value.

But yeah, I agree, that is a scary team.

kombayn
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM
If I'm Elgin Baylor right now this is what I'm hoping and doing. Pray that Elton Brand & Corey Maggette opt-out. Let Elton Brand walk to Philadelphia, and take up that trade of Al Harrington & 2010 1st Round Pick for Maggette. Then use Shaun Livingston, Brevin Knight, 2010 GS 1st Round Pick & 2011 MIN 1st Round Pick (Acquired in the Cassell for Jaric trade) for Gilbert Arenas. I say offer him max money and the bright lights of Los Angeles. Washington wouldn't be able to compete if we gave him a great sells job and that would be the team would be only 25 to 30 million dollars committed salary cap wise in 2010, when you can make a push for a Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Lebron James or any other high profile free agent coming out that year. Let Dunleavy go bring in a new coach and start the team from scratch imagine the line-up for this year would be decent.

PG - Arenas/Taylor
SG - Mobley/Gordon/Fazeakus
SF - Thornton/Thomas
PF - Harrington/Powell
C - Kaman/Jordan/Davis

A nice mix of veterans and rookies to develop for the 2010 Makeover. I say do it.

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
he is still alive???

Fnom11
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
he is still alive???

I would like to punch you.

ManRam
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Please stop bumping these.