PDA

View Full Version : Why not trade Shane Battier and Francis for Ron Artest?

JordansBulls
06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
You would get another scorer while at the same time he plays defense and his defense is just as good if not better than Battier's.

This would be the 3rd scorer that you have needed all along.

PG Rafer/Jackson/Brooks
SG T-mac/Head
SF Artest/Harris
PF Scola/Hayes/Landry
C Yao/Deke

stevefrancis
06-29-2008, 04:17 PM
cuz kings wont do that

Driven
06-29-2008, 05:14 PM
If you want Artest, it'll cost Battier and Brooks. No less.

Jpripper88
06-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Id do it right now, but I don't know that the Kings would unless Artest says "do it or I'm opting out." Honestly I think we would have a good shot of that working if Artest really does want to opt out because the Kings will want to get something for him if they can.

TMAC94
06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
brooks or alston in stead of francis and maybe add head or hayes and its a deal for SAC

prash
06-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Artest doesn't have the character of Shane although his on the court play is better than Shane...

Driven
06-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Artest doesn't have the character of Shane although his on the court play is better than Shane...
Oh no it is not. I'm not sure how you can say that Alston's play on the court is better than Shane's.

ii77daman
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
we are good already......great draft with dorsey.....altho hes never played a game in the nba he looks like a solid defender.....finally yao has a pf next to him that can rebound and block shots.....trust me,,dorsey will b a great fit next to yao....he can block and rebound.....exactly want rockets need.....as for ya sayin sup with scola....he can backup yao as center now.....or can start at pf but dorsey and greene are perfect........rockets are good to go now

mightybosstone
06-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah... no way the Kings make this trade with Francis. Throw in Brooks or Landry, though, and I bet they'd take it in a heartbeat.

Rox07
06-30-2008, 12:21 AM
I would do it in a heartbeat. ^To the above post I wouldn't mind putting landry in the trade also. Ron artest + tmac+ yao= 2nd round or better.

Jay22Redd
06-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I think they would do it

TMAC94
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
didnt he opt out?

TMAC94
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
so its either he takes a MLE or Sign and Trade now?

HouRealCoach
06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
didnt he opt out?

Idk I got that Link from Clutchfans and forgot 2 read it but I dont think they specifically said he opted out

Driven
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
so its either he takes a MLE or Sign and Trade now?
He ain't taking the MLE

Brun"DMC"
06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Were do I sign? It's finally time to part ways with Shane Battier. He's a expecetional person, with a tremendous amount of character. However, the Rockets had several issues on the offensive end of the floor. We have Yao Ming to clog the paint on the defensive end, so I think Ron Artest would fit the bill, and provide immediate assistance at the offensive and defensive end of the floor. He would be the third scoring option that we so desperatly need, and his physical presence would be a very vaulable asset to the team.

Rox07
06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Were do I sign? It's finally time to part ways with Shane Battier. He's a expecetional person, with a tremendous amount of character. However, the Rockets had several issues on the offensive end of the floor. We have Yao Ming to clog the paint on the defensive end, so I think Ron Artest would fit the bill, and provide immediate assistance at the offensive and defensive end of the floor. He would be the third scoring option that we so desperatly need, and his physical presence would be a very vaulable asset to the team.

I agree with you, we don't need someone who can play Defense b/c are defense is amongst the best in the league. What we need is offense. And if our D can be like the celtics then that will make us unstoppable. There D is through all 5 players not just one exceptionally good defender.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
06-30-2008, 11:58 PM
i would do these trade but its not going to happen.

Astros BLT
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah... no way the Kings make this trade with Francis. Throw in Brooks or Landry, though, and I bet they'd take it in a heartbeat.

Thats would have been good for the Rockets