PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo Neal anyone?

sep11ie
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Why doesn't this dude have a job. He's one of the best blocking fullback of all time! I'd personally love to see him in some Black and Gold this year. You?

hyp21
06-29-2008, 11:11 PM
just getting up there in years. I think we could put him to work however if the price is low and right.

NYMetros
06-29-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't think it would be a horrible idea to go after him. He has been amazing over his entire career, and has blocked for some of the best RB's in the league. I'm willing to bet he was a big reason for that RB having such a good year too.

But then again, I think there is a reason he does not have a job right now...

He is coming off an injury, and is also starting to battle age now. Who knows if he will be able to return to his Pro Bowl caliber form.

Wilson
06-29-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't think it would be a horrible idea to go after him. He has been amazing over his entire career, and has blocked for some of the best RB's in the league. I'm willing to bet he was a big reason for that RB having such a good year too.

But then again, I think there is a reason he does not have a job right now...

He is coming off an injury, and is also starting to battle age now. Who knows if he will be able to return to his Pro Bowl caliber form.

I don't think those would be huge issues if we could sign him to a one year deal.

How much room do we have under the cap now? I would love to see him in Pittsburgh if we can afford him.

SenecaValley46
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I would love to see him as a Steeler.

hyp21
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Would definitely NOT be a bad idea at all.

stealaz #1
07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
No thank you for the same reason they got rid of him he's old

Wilson
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
No thank you for the same reason they got rid of him he's old

I don't think he's so old that he can't contribute anything, and even if he was, it's a no risk situation for with a potential big reward. If we sign him to a one year contract and he doesn't work out, then he leaves next summer and we forget about it. If he does work out, then we have one of the best run blockers working for us, and our offense gets that much better. It's not going to negatively affect our cap or anything.

hyp21
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
To the best of my knowledge he's stayed realitively healthy over the course of his illustrious career and shows that in being what, 34 now. I wouldn't be terribly opposed to giving him a shot. Can help just in case our o-line slips up and we need a solid block to a D-lineman or LB and won't have to worry as much with Parker getting his head cracked open

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
To the best of my knowledge he's stayed realitively healthy over the course of his illustrious career and shows that in being what, 34 now. I wouldn't be terribly opposed to giving him a shot. Can help just in case our o-line slips up and we need a solid block to a D-lineman or LB and won't have to worry as much with Parker getting his head cracked open

Well, he was injured last year. Maybe age is starting to wear on him a bit? I don't know, maybe I just don't want to waste my money on a 1 year rental that may not even play 10+ games. I'm probably way overthinking this...