PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox All Stars

americanoutlaw
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
what red sox will be at this year all star game

-Lavigne43-
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Manny, Pedroia, Youkilis, and Ortiz are leading at their positions. Ortiz will definitely not be ready to play by then though. Varitek is second in C votes so he will probably be the backup catcher. Drew should probably make it as an outfield reserve. Papelbon will make it as a reliever. Lester and Beckett have a shot as backup starters.

RedSoxtober
06-29-2008, 03:07 PM
I have my doubts about 'Tek. With another 0-fer he's down to .228 on the season. Even with as much respect as Francona has for him I think 'Tek gets bypassed if he fails to win the vote.

americanoutlaw
06-29-2008, 04:37 PM
1B-Kevin Youkilis
2B-Dustin Pedroia
LF-Manny Ramirez
RF-J.D. Drew
~CF Jacoby Ellsbury ~Could get the players vote or manager pick
SP-Daisuke Matsuzaka
CL-Jonathan Papelbon

JHG722
06-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Tek couldn't hit the ball off a tee. As good as he is defensively, he doesn't deserve to be there.

-Lavigne43-
06-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Tek definitely does not deserve it. I thought they took the guy who finished 2nd to back up.

i am bob
06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Ya Tek doesn't deserve it but everyone else mentioned cept Ortiz should make it.

vince wilfort
06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Youkilis, Manny, Drew, Matsuzaka, and Papelbon should make it. There will probably be others voted in though.

tonyd3b54
06-29-2008, 11:45 PM
manny drew matsuzaka beckett papelbon deserve to be there...morneau should make it over youkilous and kinsler should be there over pedroia

americanoutlaw
06-29-2008, 11:51 PM
1B-Kevin Youkilis
2B-Dustin Pedroia
LF-Manny Ramirez
RF-J.D. Drew
~CF Jacoby Ellsbury ~Could get the players vote or manager pick
SP-Daisuke Matsuzaka
CL-Jonathan Papelbon

you guys think Ellsbury could make the cut??

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-29-2008, 11:59 PM
As long as Youkilis makes it I am fine :smoking:.

But, Drew, Papelbon, Matsuzaka, and Manny will have shots.

Tragedy
06-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Manny, Youkilis, Pedroia are all likely locks to be there.

For me, I really only prefer to see Youkilis, Pedroia, and Papelbon. I have my reserves on if Beckett makes it - He doesn't really have the W-L that looks pretty, though, if it comes down to a Francona pick, I'd like to think he'd pick his boy.

lil'papi
06-30-2008, 07:55 AM
I have my doubts about 'Tek. With another 0-fer he's down to .228 on the season. Even with as much respect as Francona has for him I think 'Tek gets bypassed if he fails to win the vote.

Remember in the spring I posted a thread about approach. Now you are seeing why. He worked with mags and changed it in the spring , it was ok for a while now he is bailing out again.
Loopy swings from the left side........he just looks like he can't see the ball. Honestly he looks like a AL pitcher trying to hit.
I'm sure he get some sort of streak going he usually does. We can't blame fatigue this year. Cash has caught a ton of games. (30) Tek (66) and a few of them were late inning replacement.
Not a good way to push for a new contract.

lil'papi
06-30-2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/06_25_red_sox_midseason_report_card/

Fun little report card.

Tragedy
06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/06_25_red_sox_midseason_report_card/

Fun little report card.
I had to stop doing that.

Ortiz gets a B? Varitek gets a B? What a bunch of homeristic fans in Boston. I gave Varitek a freaking D, and Ortiz a C (Lucky there wasn't a C-).

RedSoxtober
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Tek definitely does not deserve it. I thought they took the guy who finished 2nd to back up.

I think the fans pick only the starters and the players vote (if it differs) gets the backups, and then the manager fills out the rest.

Not even close. Hamilton, Sizemore, Upton, Ichiro, and Hunter all are more deserving at this point. Hell, even David DeJesus is outhitting him (OBA, OBP, OPS). Why is he even in the conversation?

-Lavigne43-
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Ellsbury is not even on the ballot. Coco is instead.

Super.
07-01-2008, 03:20 PM

he is leading the league in steals...tho he hasnt had one in a while, and his defense is impecible. he cna hit pretty good as well, but there are other players who mite get the vote like, Grady Sizemore and Ichiro, i dont think he'll make the cut, wait a few years, but not yet

BigEric
07-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Does this Rangers fan REALLY take Kinsler over Pedroia?

MiamiHeatMafia
07-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Manny, Ortiz (but he won't be ready) Drew, Matsuzaka, Beckett, Papelbon, Youkilis, and Pedroia.

RedSoxtober
07-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Manny does not deserve it. He had a great April, horrible May, and so-so June. I'm sure you can find plenty of guys who can put up a .282/.375/.884 line in a power hitter's position.

Drew shouldn't make it either. Almost all of his production has come in two hot streaks. The overall line is probably good enough (.299/.409/.979) but I'd rather have consistency.

Dice-K will probably be hurt as much by the time off as anything. Having Francona pick makes it interesting. He could get the nod because of the marketing issues, but could get bypassed because of the DL stint and the Sox desire to limit his throwing. That's a toss up.

Beckett should not be there. He's pitched fairly well since mid-June or so, but was incredibly inconsistent before that.

lil'papi
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I couldn't agree more.

Keep the pitchers home or bring them and don't use them, the more likely scenario.

Drew has been awful for about 10-11 games now..... he is hitting about .100. Ellsbury went south too. Oh you can't steal first!

Manny needs the time off to rest his hammy and to work on his MMA moves. :D

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?c_id=bos&baseballScope=BOS&subScope=pos&teamPosCode=all&statType=1&timeSubFrame=14&sitSplit=&venueID=&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

lil'papi
07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Ortiz hit again last night. The good.

RedSoxtober
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Keep the pitchers home or bring them and don't use them, the more likely scenario.

Drew has been awful for about 10-11 games now..... he is hitting about .100. Ellsbury went south too. Oh you can't steal first!

Manny needs the time off to rest his hammy and to work on his MMA moves. :D

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?c_id=bos&baseballScope=BOS&subScope=pos&teamPosCode=all&statType=1&timeSubFrame=14&sitSplit=&venueID=&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

.136/.269/.587 from Manny over the last week. Very timely.