PDA

View Full Version : No LAD/LAA Games on the Package???

BlueZoo
06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
The first one was on...but last night-nothing. And today's game- nothing. I don't get it. What good is it ....
Now I'm not saying that last night's game was any great Dodger victory- no hits- but it was a defeat of the scumbag Angels...and I would like to see Bills pitch anytime I can.
I don't understand the scheduling...there has been lots of dead spots on it lately as far as the Dodgers go and the FSN package...anyone know why?
It's certainly not a local blackout thing in NJ.

showtym24
06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
i know its bullshyt seems like its always only the dodgers

GarveyFan
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Whenever KCAL is broadcasting the game locally we won't get it in our satellite package unless it is the other team's broadcast and we are not getting that in this series because if what i have noticed is correct when we play in their park the game is broadcast with their announcers and vice versa but since KCAL has the local broadcast no prime ticket which really sucks for us.

GameOver21
06-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Same boat here. Its just not the same watching it online.

BlueZoo
06-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Whenever KCAL is broadcasting the game locally we won't get it in our satellite package unless it is the other team's broadcast and we are not getting that in this series because if what i have noticed is correct when we play in their park the game is broadcast with their announcers and vice versa but since KCAL has the local broadcast no prime ticket which really sucks for us.

Thanks for the info...I guess that's that...pretty sh**** if you ask me.
It's not like the game of the week broadcasts are available either...here in NJ , I've been forced to watch the alternative game - ALWAYS the Red Sux. Every single damn time, without fail the Sux.
I now hate them worse than the mets or Yankees, and that is quite substantial, I must say.

GarveyFan
06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Ha Ha i hear you. I have the same problem with football. I live in Mississippi so we get The Saints and the Titans every week because we are in their region so naturally i despise them both. I am a Patriots fan and that is almost as rare here as a Dodger fan...lol The good news is that i only live a few miles from the mississippi braves park so i can go see our(by our i mean the Dodgers) aa club play. I cannot stand the braves though so the only time i go is when jacksonville comes to town.

GarveyFan
06-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh and for baseball we are in the braves region so every saturday afternoon the dodgers play on fox i get the stinking braves instead which is why i hate them so much.

BlueZoo
06-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Not only missing two games in a row, besides one last series ...but it looks like there nothing scheduled either for the first of the next series at least.
Love paying $ for nothing...but I can watch Minesota and KC all day if I want.

GarveyFan
06-29-2008, 08:40 PM
i have tomorrow night's game listed on my direct tv baseball package channels 735 and 736 7pm central time. Which means charlie and steve will be there. Dodgers at astros.

Beaver Liquor
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, DirecTV sucks. I have both the DirecTV MLB package and the MLB.TV internet package. This is the last year that I'll buy the MLB package from DirecTV. Not only are all of the games covered by KCAL not shown on DirecTV, but the idiots at DirecTV about 20% of the time do something, well, idiotic. Sometimes they turn off the feed before the game is over, or they put the feed on a different channel than they publish (which is terrible if you ever want to tape a game and watch it later). Anyway, DirecTV is NOT the answer. I'm not sure if Dish Network or the Cable Companies that offer the MLB package have similar idiots running their setup, but I can at least vouch for the suckiness of DirecTV.

MLB.TV keeps getting better each year. The only thing they lack (as far as I'm concerned) is the ability to start watching the beginning of the game before the game has finished.

GarveyFan
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Well i have never had any trouble with direct tv at all and i have had baseball with them for years now. I do get annoyed when they cut the feed early but by the same token i have seen them let it run long as well. I would always prefer to watch the post game show but that is not direct tv's fault. They are not allowed to show the post game show out of market. It is also not their fault that they dont carry the KCAL games. That is done on purpose where you will watch the game on KCAL. However all of that being said my brother has direct tv and has had nothing but trouble out of them so i guess those of us that have never had any complaints are just lucky.

IBleedBlue15
07-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Try having MLB Extra Innings. The Dodgers are the team that comes on the least. I have to watch the crappy D-Backs, with Mr. Over-Enthusiastic Dan Sutton.

DodgersFan28
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Not sure why all the flaming of DirecTV's going on. Sounds like a great many of you live outside the LA market, so obviously you're going to have a difficult time catching the Dodgers on tv at all. Getting MLB Extra Innings is no guarantee you'll get KCAL Dodgers games because they are a LA local channel.

I live in the LA market, get DirecTV which carries local channels, and I get all the Dodgers games on TV be them on FOX, FSNPT, or KCAL. Why? Because KCAL is a local channel that only we who live local are ever going to see. It's buyer beware out there w/ TV packages. Be sure to read all the fine print, and understand that you will never get another region's local channels w/o living there.

BlueZoo
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, it's the only alternative if you're a Dodger fan and live in NJ...there's nothing else, fine print or not, caveat emptor or not. That's the way it is...
I certainly can't depend on the Game of the Week, which shoves the vomitous RedSox over and over down our throats here.
It's amazing that ESPN thinks every fan outside of Boston within range wants to see the Sux over and over again, without exception.