PDA

View Full Version : .500......finally

smarkow
06-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Whatever, like the man said. Start talking when we .500.

Stan......................?

something i heard this morning on SC. Granted, we havent played the toughest interleague schedule, but a W is a W.

Since July 6, when we were 24-36, we are 16-4, the best in baseball. and that includes Minnesota who won ten in a row

JackB
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
It was only a matter of time. I still think the Tigers come back and win the division.They are getting healthy ( excluding this latest Ordonez injury) . Sheff is hitting, Granderson is red hot. No if we can only get the pitching to come around. And Zumaya to throw strikes.

Bondomania
06-29-2008, 02:10 PM
if the tigers get back in by july which they are slowly doing, then you will see a trade for a starter. There is no way we can rely on this makeshift pitching rotation. Galarraga is a pleasant surprise and so has Bonine, but they have no track record, and you gotta wonder if the league will start to catch up. Especially considering Galarraga has the Bonderman problem, only a fastball and slider.. occassionally he throws that ephus pitch or whatever, but he only does that every once in a great while..

stanpapi
06-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey, a major-league win is a major-league win, and I don't care if it comes against the Sens. That said, let's see if we're still at .500 at the end of this Minny series. This is the next test. Twins are always tough, and they're hotter than D right now. If we win this series, I will be impressed. I mean, I'm impressed with what they've done so far, no question, but, and you have to beat the teams we've been beating. Winning this Twins series would be a neat trick.

smarkow
07-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Stan, I agree with you completely. a win is a win, but you'd like to see some wins come against quality teams. We did sweep the white sox June 10 - 12, so its not like we havent beaten solid teams.
That said, last night (Monday) was a great win for this team. Especially the way we won the game, coming from behind like we did, and Zoom pitching two innings. Got into a little trouble, but was able get out of it. These are the games that we had been losing all year long. And now we're starting to win.

Even though its early and they still have a long way to go, when will Leyland get some credit? We've all be b**ching and moaning about some of his stupid decisions, but he's stuck with his guns and done what he thought was best. Now we're 2 games over .500 (we won't be under .500 after this Minn series), and playing some really solid baseball.

When will Carlos Guillen get some credit? We were all b**ching and moaning about how pitiful he looked at 3B. Take a look at him now. he is playing some great defensive baseball out there, snagging ground balls all over the place. 3B is a difficult position to play. You don't have much time to react to the baseball. Thats why the call it the hot corner.

Same with Cabrera. He's been phenomenal at 1B for a guy that has never played the position before. He made an error last night, but obviously something was wrong with him considering he left the game soon after that.

Anyway, lets hope we can take at least one more game from the Twins....and hope the white sox lose a game here and there.... Either way, i think we're looking at a great second half of the season.

one other thing...i saw some stat last night about come from behind wins. The tigers, after last night, i think are leading the league with 25 come from behind wins. What constitutes a come from behind win? If we're down 1-0 after the top of the first and end up winning, is that a come from behind win? If so, what a stupid stat. There should at least be an inning where that stat begins to count, like, after the 5th inning. Compare this to basketball, if the other team scores the first basket but we end up winning, is that a come from behind win? such a stupid stat