PDA

View Full Version : Angels pitch no hitter: AND LOSE!

yojoe792
06-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Against the Dodgers, the Dodgers don't put up a hit all night, yet win the game 1-0, resulting from a couple errors in the 6th inning.

Crazy stuff.
:clap::D:cool::rolleyes::p

Jeremy5150
06-29-2008, 02:27 AM
LOL....oops...sorry...(ahem)

DogBoy_3_18
06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
It was great. We're trying to get sigs to commemorate the occasion

JDIsMyGod23
06-29-2008, 02:47 AM
To quote the immortal George Costanza. Winning when being no-hit is like "Discovering Plutonium by accident"

nygiants242
06-29-2008, 03:01 AM

haha :clap:

LARock21
06-29-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm completely embarrassed but surprisingly happy at the same time. Go dodgers!

CAIN=FUTURE
06-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Im fealing a lot of hate tworads the dodgers right now. I cant wait for nex weekend. dodger fams, get ready to watch your team to get whooped!

BEAT LA!

THINKBLUE15
06-29-2008, 03:21 AM
^
Okay whatever. Little off topic, and unnecessary, but I guess we'll see yo next weekend.

GHGHCP
06-29-2008, 03:26 AM

Sig. :D

Im fealing a lot of hate tworads the dodgers right now. I cant wait for nex weekend. dodger fams, get ready to watch your team to get whooped!

BEAT LA!

Not without timmy you aren't. :D

grizz8884
06-29-2008, 04:17 AM

Your sig= full of win!!

natepro
06-29-2008, 04:47 AM
At least you guys will have something to cling to come October!

nyyfan4life
06-29-2008, 05:08 AM
This was awesome. (Not for the Angels but in general)

i am bob
06-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Well thats good for the Angels. :D

Tragedy
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Pretty awful..........For both sides.

I know Angels fans are the ones hanging their heads while the Dodger fans seem all proud, but your team, DESPITE a win, sucked massively at the plate. Sucked almost as badly as the Royals did this year when they were no hit.

Awful, for both sides.

Sumo331
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM
One of the funniest moments I've ever witnessed in baseball.

Ragun
06-29-2008, 12:12 PM
klol sucks.

Neely
06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't the Dodgers have had to bat in the bottom of the 9th, and not get a hit, to be officially no-hit? Either way though, still sucks for both teams.

LivingThroughMe
06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
If this doesn't show how weak the Angel's offense is...well then I don't know what will.
Weaver - :clap:
Angel's hitting - :down:

yojoe792
06-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't the Dodgers have had to bat in the bottom of the 9th, and not get a hit, to be officially no-hit? Either way though, still sucks for both teams.

Ya, it technically was not an OFFICIAL no hitter because the Dodgers did not hit for 9 innings. But who cares, the angels didnt win the game anyways, they shouldn't be credited with anything special either.

papelbon58
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow....being no hit is very embarrasing. No hitting the other team and still losing is suicide watch embarrasing.

NYMetros
06-29-2008, 01:38 PM
It actually doesn't count as a no-hitter because the Angels only pitched 8 hitless innings, rather than 9. This shows just how bad both teams are at the plate.

yojoe792
06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Pretty awful..........For both sides.

I know Angels fans are the ones hanging their heads while the Dodger fans seem all proud, but your team, DESPITE a win, sucked massively at the plate. Sucked almost as badly as the Royals did this year when they were no hit.

Awful, for both sides.

I disagree. It showed that the Dodgers offense is crap, but if you look at it that way, it also showed that their pitching is lights out as well. The fact that Billingsley won the game when his offense puts up 0 hits is impressive (I guess).

They played a bad offensive game, yes, but they play to win the game and get to the playoffs. They did that this game, so in no way do I see it as "awful" as their pitching was equally impressive, plus the win.

LetsGoA's
06-29-2008, 08:17 PM
nothing made me happier than to see the angels loose in that fashion, and have LA win . It was like the best of both worlds.

CAIN=FUTURE
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM

But with Matt Cain, and Jonathan "Down Right Dirty" Sanchez we will.

stanpapi
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Can't believe they yanked a guy for a PH while he's throwing a no-no... And you still lose. How awful.

yojoe792
06-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Can't believe they yanked a guy for a PH while he's throwing a no-no... And you still lose. How awful.

I would have done the same thing. Weaver had 98 pitches (in the 6th inning i think), so he couldn't have finished the game regardless. They also had a runner in scoring position, a hit would have changed the game.

Cadarn
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM

BEAT LA!

have you ever considered counseling?

CarniifeX
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM

You must be proud, of not recording a hit in 8 innings.

L-MiLLZ44
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM

don't worry their angels fans ..... whos gonna make the playoffs, and who makes the playoffs almost every year

H-MYK
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
At least Jerred Weaver found himself among the record books. This game is most likely to be talked about for years.

GHGHCP
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Not proud, I do however find it hilarious that the Angels managed to loose. :D

don't worry their angels fans ..... whos gonna make the playoffs, and who makes the playoffs almost every year

You know the Angels have just as bad an offense as the Dodgers and a little bit worse overall pitching. Even if the Angels make the playoffs that team screams early exit to me.

natepro
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
If nothing else, maybe this will finally, FINALLY put to bed the myth that a pitcher's Win-Loss record means ANYTHING. Guy didn't give up a hit and lost the game. If that doesn't scream out that the team has a huge impact on a guy's W-L record, nothing will.

nme
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
^^Yes, but at the same time, he deserved to lose the game. Weaver walked up a storm, then couldn't make the play that would have saved a run (Kemp's little nubber). Bills deserved to win, and won.

I don't think I've ever seen a more exciting 1-0 game ever. You all can rip on the Dodgers or Angels all you want, but if you had watched the game, you wouldn't be. This is why baseball is the greatest game in the world.

AsfanSince99
06-30-2008, 11:04 PM

Another good argument for the DH.

If this game was in an AL park, there's no way the manager takes Weaver out of the game when dude's pitching a no-hitter.

nme
06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
^^**** that. Baseball is meant to be played without a DH. Why the hell should the NL adopt that silly *** pansy ****ing rule? Because it actually forces the manager to make decisions?

GHGHCP
06-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Another good argument for the DH.

If this game was in an AL park, there's no way the manager takes Weaver out of the game when dude's pitching a no-hitter.

He was at 98 pitches through 6 innings, do you honestly think he would have gone 3 more innings?

AsfanSince99
06-30-2008, 11:32 PM
He was at 98 pitches through 6 innings, do you honestly think he would have gone 3 more innings?

Pitch count aside, what I'm saying is that NL strategy forces managers to pinch hit for pitchers in close games, especially the ones that can't hit for shiitt... And it looks even worse when said pitcher is pitching a no-hitter.

CarniifeX
06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
^^Yes, but at the same time, he deserved to lose the game. Weaver walked up a storm, then couldn't make the play that would have saved a run (Kemp's little nubber). Bills deserved to win, and won.

I don't think I've ever seen a more exciting 1-0 game ever. You all can rip on the Dodgers or Angels all you want, but if you had watched the game, you wouldn't be. This is why baseball is the greatest game in the world.

Uhhh, Weaver had as many walks as Billingsley.

GHGHCP
06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Pitch count aside, what I'm saying is that NL strategy forces managers to pinch hit for pitchers in close games, especially the ones that can't hit for shiitt... And it looks even worse when said pitcher is pitching a no-hitter.

Yeah normal baseball is hard...worst damn argument for the DH right there.

natepro
07-01-2008, 12:17 AM

This doesn't make sense. This post and Making Sense live two oceans apart from each other, in different hemispheres, and somehow have found their way into different dimensions.

natepro
07-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah normal baseball is hard...worst damn argument for the DH right there.

None of these are good arguments for or against the DH. It's the same ridiculous stuff from both sides, just packaged to fit this situation. :yawn: