PDA

View Full Version : MOCK Offseason Playoffs - #3 CLE vs #6 NJN - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
06-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers Lineup:

O'Neal - Wallace - Ratliff
James - Blount - Harrison
Miller - Stackhouse - Pavlovic
Davis - Mason - Murray
Gibson - Bell - Stoudamire

New Jersey Nets Lineup:

Yao - Diop - Elson
Foster - Smith - Allen
Turkoglu - Szczerbiak - Garrity
Carter - Mobley - Roby
Bibby - Head - Armstrong

Cleveland Cavaliers Have Homecourt Advantage.

Cleveland Cavaliers Series Writeup:

The Nets are nice and all, but the Cavs are the better team. The Nets have no defense whatsoever, and that's gonna hurt them. If you look at the Cavs, they have the best offensive team. We're using the run-n-gun style, and none of those Nets will be able to catch up. It's sad but true, and we know Carter sometimes fails to take control of the game. If we go with the fact that JO is always injured, then let's say the same exact thing for Yao, right? Lebron will kill his man either on the break or down low. Sorry Nets, but you just can't catch up with this team, we're way too fast. Run-n-gun is the best method we can use against this slow and non-defensive team. All they have is some pretty good shooters. The Cavs have a good mix of defense and offense.

New Jersey Nets Series Writeup:

My team has all the tools to winning this series.
PG-Bibby v.s Gibson.
We have the experienced Vet. Bibby is a strong PG that will take young Gibson out of his place. When we are down we expect Bibby to make shots and simply find the open man if/when double teamed. Bibby is proven, Gibson hasn't even put up an impressive season as a PG.
SG-Carter v.s. Davis
Vince Carter will be healthy and take over this match-up. V.C. will make shots when needed, drive when needed and especially play D. In the past Davis has had pretty bad games against the Nets. Vince Always finds a way to shut him down. Davis is a very skilled defender and that does scare us a bit but we vave 4 other offensive players if it really bothers Vince. VC raises his D when it matters and playoffs, every game counts.
SF- Hedo v.s. Miller
This should be a pretty good match up. Both are skilled shooters. Hedo though was last years MIP. He was nicknamed Mr. 4th quarter by Dwight Howard and we all know exactly why. He is an absolute monster in the fourth quarter. when ever the magic needed a bucket he made it, including a buzzer beating 3 against the champion Boston Celtics. He also has some size on Miller which is a plus. We know what he can do playing with a great center, now, think about a center than can pass, now that's scary.
PF- Foster v.s. James
This is a very weird match up. Lebron at the 4, maybe it'll work but looking at Odom which is probably the closest thing to Lebron, just look how ineffective he was playing the point forward against the celtics, i really don't see this working for them. If they really are serious with this line up. I think our bigs(Yao and Foster) can shut down a Lebron and O'neal big the way KG and Perkins shutdown Pau and Odom...And if doesn't work, Foster is known for his hard fouls that should put James in his senses, I don't see him lasting in this position.
Yao v.s O'Neal
We have no doubt Yao will dominte O'Neal. O'Neal has a bad Knee and we will use that as an advantage. Yao will dominate w/ his Jump shot and presence in the paint. Yao is a 22-11-2 player and we absolutely need him. When he is double teamed we have 3 perimeter players, Bibby, VC, Turk. We arent scared of this match up at all.
NJ bench v.s. CLE bench
Every single player on my 2nd rotation guys are all starter quality. From Diop to Head, even Elson as my 3rd string can start in this league. Every single one can come in and make an impact. Mobley, Szczerbiak and Head are my main offensive players while Diop and Smith are known for their tough D. We feel that we can outdo them here also.

Bottom line
I really don't see O'neal fitting in with a run and gun offense, he's not Amare Stoudemire who's way more athletic. They have no real PG, their playmaker is Lebron, this is their main problem in the past and they really didn't address their issues at the PG. Their bigs we're fine with BigZ and Big Ben and really didn't upgrade much with this new big man line up without BigZ.

Mike Miller isn't much better than Szczerbiak and it's the only upgrade I see on their team. O'neal isn't much of an upgrade from BigZ. At least not lately. We feel that with this series, BigZ at 7'3 is more valuable than O'neal defending Yao, without him, everyone of their centers are too undersized to go against Yao Ming.

Perimeter are both weak defensively. But Bibby, VC, and Hedo are more skilled and experienced than Bobbie, Davis, and Miller and knows what to do when the game is on the line. Front Court, James at the 4 has never been proven, I don't see it working. JO will be lost with the offense like this and will be very inffective, at least Shaq has a big body that can clog the middle for Phoenix, JO just isn't the same anymore. If they want him to score at least 12ppg, they need to get back to a slow paced offense.

Nets win in 7 games

BlondeBomber41
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Tough one, but I went New Jersey.

avsman05
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
had to vote with brons team on this one pretty even so i went with cleveland home court and they have bron

mjt20mik
06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Cavs for me

AgentViet
06-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Nets.

JO will get man-handled by Yao.
Don't like the fact that the Cavs who are clearly a half court team is using a run-n-gun offense either.

Conor
06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Nets have no defensive answer for LeBron, but he's going to get his no matter what. New Jersey has a far better playoff backcourt, and Yao should dominate assuming he's healthy. Good matchup, Nets in 7.

JermanJaysFan
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
After a lot of thinking, I had to go Nets. I personally wouldn't be confident in Gibson running an up-tempo offense, and Yao pounds that front court.

yaowowrocket11
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I went with the Nets due to Yao dominating down low.

JermanJaysFan
06-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I also forgot to add that the Cavs made an incredibly stupid FA aquisition in Ricky Davis. In an offensive style predicated on ball movement, Ricky Davis is perfectly counter productive to anything the Cavs are trying to do. A selfish, arrogant ballhog, I can't hardly think of a worse running mate for Lebron James.

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw

superkegger
06-28-2008, 08:59 PM
LeBron takes a worse team than this to the finals, give him JO and some other shooters like Miller and Stack, I like his chances. I just got to give it to the team with the Player that can dominate, and thats LeBron.

Ph1lly Diehard
06-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Nets.

Yao is going to dominate

JordansBulls
06-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I like the Nets in this one.

ArodmvpNY
06-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Mike Bibby, a skilled vet, will dominate Gibson! period. Yao Ming is an mvp caliber player will teach JO how to play center. Jeff Foster... what more can i say. the man is pure black on the inside. Vc is the man. even though everyday the guy is getting made fun of by vc haters he finds ways to get you that big basket. Turk is most improved player. being called mr. 4 quarter by the magics best player Dwight Howard that is just an outstanding group the mock nets have.

njnets
06-28-2008, 09:29 PM
lebron does not have anyone guarding him. why is everyone saying JO is the only one hurt. last time i checked, yao is hurt too. davis is an all around player. miller is the perfect compliment for lebron, an excellent and consistant shooter, something he has never had. cavs win this in 6 or 7.

dre1990
06-28-2008, 10:05 PM
not even close nets

Nets fan 93
06-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Mike Bibby, a skilled vet, will dominate Gibson! period. Yao Ming is an mvp caliber player will teach JO how to play center. Jeff Foster... what more can i say. the man is pure black on the inside. Vc is the man. even though everyday the guy is getting made fun of by vc haters he finds ways to get you that big basket. Turk is most improved player. being called mr. 4 quarter by the magics best player Dwight Howard that is just an outstanding group the mock nets have.
:laugh:

ee
06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I really thought this team got me beat when they had BigZ.....Pretty much the whole mock, BigZ is the closest thing heightwise to Yao at 7'3 and also a very skilled defensively but when they got rid of him, hopes went up.....

Dynasty, may the best team wins, it's really weird having 2 die hard Nets fans going at each other......

Dynasty
06-28-2008, 11:18 PM
You guys are all saying that Yao will control JO and about how much Yao would dominate but keep in mind that this is a running team, the Nets won't be able to catch up with our offense

By the way, why is JJF trying to knock doing my team like that? That's not cool.

BlondeBomber41
06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
LeBron takes a worse team than this to the finals, give him JO and some other shooters like Miller and Stack, I like his chances. I just got to give it to the team with the Player that can dominate, and thats LeBron.

Yao Ming and Vince Carter would probably dominate the Cavs defense also, to be fair.

Dynasty
06-28-2008, 11:20 PM
By the way, why didn't BB41 put the full names?

Miller is Mike Miller (17 PPG), Wallace is Ben Wallace, and well, so on

BlondeBomber41
06-28-2008, 11:31 PM
By the way, why didn't BB41 put the full names?

Miller is Mike Miller (17 PPG), Wallace is Ben Wallace, and well, so on

Just copied and pasted from your clubhouse. :shrug:

Dynasty
06-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Guys note that Gibson came from a 10 PPG season, and he's a 1 year pro, what can you expect now? Way better #'s

Dynasty
06-28-2008, 11:45 PM
So we got:

Gibson 15 PPG
Davis 10-12 PPG
Miller 17 PPG
Lebron 30 PPG
JO 20 PPG

plus our great bench

Bell 13 PPG (check it)
Mason 10 PPG
Stackhouse 12 PPG
Blount...6 PPG
Ben Wallace

Redbull
06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Cavs in 6, Lebron will put up 40-50 a game on the Nets.

JermanJaysFan
06-28-2008, 11:51 PM
You guys are all saying that Yao will control JO and about how much Yao would dominate but keep in mind that this is a running team, the Nets won't be able to catch up with our offense

By the way, why is JJF trying to knock doing my team like that? That's not cool.

I am not trying to knock your team- I always post my reasons behind my votes for things like this so GMs don't just think its an impulsive vote. I gave my reasons for voting for the Nets over your team- I don't think that your running team will run well and Davis ruins the chemistry.

Dynasty
06-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Since 2 staff members of the Nets voted I guess I can vote :shrug:

superkegger
06-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Yao Ming and Vince Carter would probably dominate the Cavs defense also, to be fair.

Maybe, but I don't see why if Tmac and Yao can't win in the first round, that Vince and Yao would be any different. You can talk about bibby all you want, but bibby was pretty much trash for the hawks...

Hedo is good, but he thrived so much because of the system he was in, in Orlando. With Dwight down low and him and lewis, his shooting and versatility was used well. With foster, you don't get that. Hedo will still be good, but his numbers probably wouldn't be like they were this last year in Orlando.

I just have a hard time believing that a team with Lebron and shooters around him with an allstar big man would lose. LeBron has proven he is a winner, they only barely lost to the Celtics this year, and this roster is better....

Ragun
06-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I like the Cavs. Carter on the decline...Yao, keeps getting injured late in the season. Bibby on the decline. Turk is the bright spot. Cavs are just deep and good.

superkegger
06-29-2008, 12:46 AM
cavs making a comeback...

sanfranfan1210
06-29-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm going with the Nets

_Sn1P3r_
06-29-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm going with Cavs.

Jay22Redd
06-29-2008, 01:03 AM
I believe this is a tough one. But I'm going with New Jersey because of Yao

Dynasty
06-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Maybe, but I don't see why if Tmac and Yao can't win in the first round, that Vince and Yao would be any different. You can talk about bibby all you want, but bibby was pretty much trash for the hawks...

Hedo is good, but he thrived so much because of the system he was in, in Orlando. With Dwight down low and him and lewis, his shooting and versatility was used well. With foster, you don't get that. Hedo will still be good, but his numbers probably wouldn't be like they were this last year in Orlando.

I just have a hard time believing that a team with Lebron and shooters around him with an allstar big man would lose. LeBron has proven he is a winner, they only barely lost to the Celtics this year, and this roster is better....

Exactly, the only one I fear in the Nets is Yao, but when the Cavs are on offense, Yao will never be there to play D cause of our run-n-gun style

Plus we can also double-team Yao when we can't stop him with JO and Ben Wallace, I know Yao is still way taller but the other big man open would be...Jeff Foster

superkegger
06-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Exactly, the only one I fear in the Nets is Yao, but when the Cavs are on offense, Yao will never be there to play D cause of our run-n-gun style

Plus we can also double-team Yao when we can't stop him with JO and Ben Wallace, I know Yao is still way taller but the other big man open would be...Jeff Foster

You mean Jeff Foster doesn't strike fear in your heart?

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Jeff Foster should scare anyone even LeBron

superkegger
06-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Jeff Foster should scare anyone even LeBron

Which is why he's the focal point of your sig....:D

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 09:28 AM
^^yup :)

Cavs in 6, Lebron will put up 40-50 a game on the Nets.

Why do you think that? Jeff Foster Plays good D and if Lebron gets passed how is he gonna attack the 7'6" Yao Ming, or DeSagana Diop?

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Also remeber. Even though they play at a high tempo, doesnt mean we will.. We play slower than them and will keep the pace our way. Bibby is a vet that has a good chance of winning in a long time no way he blows it off this time against a young Daniel Gibson. People are sayng Hedo played with Dwight Howard.... Now he is playing w/ Yao( who is probably right now better than Howard) who is a better passer than Howard, and also two perimeter threats in Carter and Bibby. The Cavs also have a no perimeter D, Miller, Davis dont scare us in that postion to much.

superkegger
06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Also remeber. Even though they play at a high tempo, doesnt mean we will.. We play slower than them and will keep the pace our way. Bibby is a vet that has a good chance of winning in a long time no way he blows it off this time against a young Daniel Gibson. People are sayng Hedo played with Dwight Howard.... Now he is playing w/ Yao( who is probably right now better than Howard) who is a better passer than Howard, and also two perimeter threats in Carter and Bibby. The Cavs also have a no perimeter D, Miller, Davis dont scare us in that postion to much.

Its dwight with rashard that is why Hedo was so good...foster is not rashard.

You have to play slow, you have yao...

Bibby blew vs rondo...why would he own gibson?

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Its dwight with rashard that is why Hedo was so good...foster is not rashard.

You have to play slow, you have yao...

Bibby blew vs rondo...why would he own gibson?
Bibby wasnt on the best of teams why would he try when they were sure to lose?? now he has a probably 50+ win team. has the MIP, nice swing man in VC, and TRUE center in Yao Ming when we need a basket..

AgentViet
06-29-2008, 09:51 AM
LeBron will be unstoppable in this series, but so will Yao. Carter-Hedo-Bibby would each get at least 20 each on that back court. And believe me, the Cavs running an uptempo offense will not work well.

superkegger
06-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Bibby wasnt on the best of teams why would he try when they were sure to lose?? now he has a probably 50+ win team. has the MIP, nice swing man in VC, and TRUE center in Yao Ming when we need a basket..

are you seriously telling me bibby didn't try in the Celtics series because the Hawks were sure to lose...

wow.

I respected you before that...

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I didnt say he didnt try but from watching the series you could tell he wasnt playing the same b-ball. Down the strech of the season Bibby played like a mad man and the Hawks were on fire, one of the reasons he had to be here in NJ :)

njnets
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
ugh, why are we losing by 6 votes. anyone know when this is "closed" and the winner is decided?

ee
06-29-2008, 04:47 PM
^^You guys have a very nice team, the line up just isn't used the right way.....

Dynasty
06-29-2008, 04:51 PM
so what? what if we only use it for 2 minutes? This is what we're starting with

BlondeBomber41
06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
ugh, why are we losing by 6 votes. anyone know when this is "closed" and the winner is decided?

06-30-2008 at 05:13 PM

njnets
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
aite, thanks bb41. another question lol. when will the signup be open for the next mock?

BlondeBomber41
06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Shortly after the playoffs.

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 08:18 PM
06-30-2008 at 05:13 PM
5:13 lol why such a random time?

ee
06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
njnets and dynasty votes for cleveland
nets fan 93 voted for Nets

these votes don't count coz they're GM's of the teams.......BB41, can you remove them.....?

Can't believe 4 Nets fans are going at it lol.....

njnets
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
true. i voted because nets fan 93 voted lol. still, you guys are gonna win. at least the cavs lose to our favorite team, the nets, and not someone like the lowly knicks :)

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 10:40 PM
How do you know who voted?
My bad if you werent supposed to

AgentViet
06-29-2008, 10:54 PM
BB41 said you're allowed to vote for your own team.

ee
06-29-2008, 11:03 PM
really, then I'll keep my vote available incase this thing gets decided by 1 vote....

How do you know who voted?
My bad if you werent supposed to

Click on view poll results

Nets fan 93
06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
If you vote now than it wont get that close :D

ee
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
there I voted, I'm only going by what agentviet is saying that BB41 allows us to vote for our team......

Dynasty
06-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Well you guys have 3 staff members and I have 2, so you guys get that one extra

not like I care anymore anyways, you got this series ee

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 02:09 AM
njnets and dynasty votes for cleveland
nets fan 93 voted for Nets

these votes don't count coz they're GM's of the teams.......BB41, can you remove them.....?

Can't believe 4 Nets fans are going at it lol.....
Dont forget Franchise.. that makes it 5:smoking:
-NF93

dre1990
07-06-2008, 01:50 PM
nets