PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather run your offense through?

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Would you run your offense through a wing player or a post up player?

So two examples would be

Jordan and Shaq
Kobe and Shaq
Drexler and Hakeem
T-Mac and Yao
Wade and Kareem

I would rather run my offense through the big guy but have my wing player be the go to guy, they are different, a go-to guy is someone who takes over in the clutch while having your offense ran through is someone you try to have him start up and feed the ball to early in the game and try to score points.

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238558
in this thread however
Rhino doesn't agree with me, probably because he's ignorant but i'd like to see what everybody else thinks.

JordansBulls
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
You run it through a post player, unless the wing player has the efficiency of a big man.

NYMetros
06-28-2008, 05:58 PM
You run it through a post player, unless the wing player has the efficiency of a big man.

Exactly. Height wins in the NBA. That is why you always see teams with top picks in the draft try to pick the prototypical center. It is much better to have a Shaq type player on your team than a Kobe.

JordansBulls
06-28-2008, 05:59 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238558
in this thread however
Rhino doesn't agree with me, probably because he's ignorant but i'd like to see what everybody else thinks.

Jordan would set up the offense and it would run through him, but Shaq would see the ball virtually every possession.

I don't see what the problem is. Afterall Jordan is #1 in PER all time and Shaq is #2. So they would make a pretty efficient combo.

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Jordan would set up the offense and it would run through him, but Shaq would see the ball virtually every possession.

I don't see what the problem is. Afterall Jordan is #1 in PER all time and Shaq is #2. So they would make a pretty efficient combo.
Pippen would set it up know your basketball man. Jordan would set it up before Pippen came along but he would set it up until the championship years.

I would rather have my offense ran through Shaq first and then Jordan. If shaq couldn't get it going there is Jordan.

JordansBulls
06-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Pippen would set it up know your basketball man. Jordan would set it up before Pippen came along but he would set it up until the championship years.

I would rather have my offense ran through Shaq first and then Jordan. If shaq couldn't get it going there is Jordan.

What are you talking about? I wasn't aware that we were talking about the Bulls.

The question asked who would set it up. And if the team involved Jordan and Shaq, Jordan would set up the offense.

cambovenzi
06-28-2008, 07:52 PM
i guess im not really sure what you mean by "run through".
the kobe/jordan-like wing player would handle the ball more, so i picked wing man.

ideally you do some of both.
have the wing man do what he does, and also dump it in to the post player sometimes too.

_Sn1P3r_
06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Through a post player unless the wing player is really efficient and won't just dash up shots.

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 08:28 PM
i guess im not really sure what you mean by "run through".
the kobe/jordan-like wing player would handle the ball more, so i picked wing man.

ideally you do some of both.
have the wing man do what he does, and also dump it in to the post player sometimes too.
run through means like you want him to be the primary option of scoring and you want him to be set up first to score.

Tom81
06-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Post Player

PhillyLuver
06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
If you mean go-to guy, I'd rather have a Shaq than Kobe.

Wilson
06-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Well history shows that it's always smarter to start with a dominant big than small, but if you have the luxury of having both, it really depends on the match up, and what defenses your facing.

For example, if a team starts playing a zone defense, it would give your wing man more room to operate, thus it would be better to run the offense through him. When the opponent goes back to a man on man defense, feed it back to your big. Force the team to pick their poison basically.

BigEric
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
A post player. It doesn't have to be nessecarilly an offensive post player either. A post defender (Garnett) along with the right pieces will win in this league.

sanfranfan1210
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Post player