PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves extended offers to Gomes, Smith, Richard but declined Telfair and Snyder

Sports Illustrator
06-28-2008, 03:50 PM
The Timberwolves have extended qualifying contract offers to Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith and Chris Richard, but declined to offer contracts to Sebastian Telfair and Kirk Snyder.
Randy Foye is currently the only point guard on the Wolves roster, though GM Kevin McHale is hopeful that Minnesota can strike a deal with Telfair. They didn't extend him an offer because that would have guaranteed him a $3.5 million salary.

From rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NBA&majteam=MIN)

Preuss-is-right
06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I think this is a smart move because they might be able to save some cap room by ending up signing them for less. It could also be a bad idea because another team may offer them more then 3.5. Then they would have to match the offer in order to retain so I guess it depends on the demand and quality for other players.

thesparky33
06-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I have a very very bad feeling about Telfair right now. Since we didnt give him a qualifying offer, he's now an unrestricted free agent, and I'm almost positive that he'll get offered at least the Mid-Level Exception from more than one team, and that is considerably more than 3.5M, and is more around the 6M mark, and then if he signs, he's gone since we didnt extend his qualifying offer...

What are the Wolves thinking?!

Fion
06-28-2008, 08:52 PM
3.5 mil is fair for telfair they should have signed him, myb they know something we dont?

Mauersota
06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Were getting Captain Kirk and shipping Miller out....(sarcastic)

Wolves5
06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
We better get Telfair back, he is a nice change up off the bench. I I really like how telfair comes in and pushes the ball up the court, which is diff than foye, and could give Defenses problems. I also like telfair as our starting point a couple years down the road.

But I think that he will get offered more money somewhere else, and he'll go. So thanks Twolves again.

boeknows
06-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Everybody *****es that he cant make an open shot and now everyone is *****ing that we didnt extend him an offer.

thesparky33
06-29-2008, 03:20 AM
I've never complained about Telfair, not once since we acquired him... I've always been a fan, and I still think he's going to get a lot better...

ALL TOGETHER
06-29-2008, 04:01 AM
I have a very very bad feeling about Telfair right now. Since we didnt give him a qualifying offer, he's now an unrestricted free agent, and I'm almost positive that he'll get offered at least the Mid-Level Exception from more than one team, and that is considerably more than 3.5M, and is more around the 6M mark, and then if he signs, he's gone since we didnt extend his qualifying offer...

What are the Wolves thinking?!

They were thinking that Telfair isn't worth 3.5 mil. And I agree.

ALL TOGETHER
06-29-2008, 04:04 AM
I've never complained about Telfair, not once since we acquired him... I've always been a fan, and I still think he's going to get a lot better...

I don't think there are any teams who would want Telfair for the amount he would require.

Smart move.

I want to see the Wolves offer Gomes a multi year contract.

boeknows
06-29-2008, 04:10 AM
They were thinking that Telfair isn't worth 3.5 mil. And I agree.

My pick of Neitzel as PG is looking better now.

SpeeMN
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
john lucas

GOGOGOMEZ08
06-29-2008, 11:48 AM
sam cassel

HOZ THE KNICK
06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
don't worrie he will go back to the celtics and play with kg.

badkins1121
06-29-2008, 03:25 PM
why would the Celtics want him back they have Rondo and House

Fion
06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
the thing is, the leauge is a bit PG starved right now, alot of teams are looking for backup pgs, so this is a risk.

IowaAJ
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I bet the Knicks offer him

boeknows
07-01-2008, 02:36 AM
I bet the Knicks offer him

I could see that too.

basketball3553
07-01-2008, 04:52 PM
go get Baron Davis for point guard

taijes
07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I want to see the Wolves offer Gomes a multi year contract.

Me too. I was really impressed with him last year.

go get Baron Davis for point guard

I would not mind having that guy at all. Only thing with him is his health is kind of iffy isn't it? I don't think he'd want to come here anyways. I can see him going to the Lakers maybe (if he & Kobe can co-exist that is). But it would be fun to see who's better--Kobe/Baron or 'Melo/A.I. I'd have to go with Kobe & Baron on that one.

Maybe he'll be the next one to jump on the Celtics bandwagon.

Do you guys think he would go to Cleveland to help LBJ win a championship? Just curious.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
telfair will be a knick just watch.

IowaAJ
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Ryan Gomes' agent said he doesn't expect a deal will be reached with any team until what he calls "first tier" free agents -- Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, Baron Davis, etc. -- sign.
"Numerous teams have called," agent Bob Myers said. "The teams that have available cap space are very few. They all like him; it's all about finding a number they like him at. Minnesota is committed to keeping him. I hope we can find a fair deal for both sides

The Heat expressed interest in several free agent point guards Tuesday, including Sebastian Telfair and Tyronn Lue.

IowaAJ
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand reports that if the Knicks don't land Chris Duhon, then Sebastian Telfair may be next on their point guard list. Telfair's agent, Andy Miller, told Marchand, the Knicks have called about Telfair.
"We have had some discussions," Miller said. "There is interest on both sides."

Miller says there are five teams interested in Telfair. Telfair's cousin is

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Man looks like we might of made a mistake in letting Telfair go because there are a lot of teams interested him. The Knicks, the Heat, us and 2 other teams I would assume but I'm not sure. this could be very interesting.

IowaAJ
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
It seems to me that if Duhon goes to someone other then the Knicks then Telfair will be a knick. I don't know for sure but that the feeling I've got.

IowaAJ
07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
We must match any offer made to Gomes because I think he will get a solid offer from someone and we better match it. He was our second best player last year. I don't think Snyder will be back so he will go somewhere else. We need to lock up Telfair quick so we don't lose him. This guy is a very young point guard who is very quick and still learning a lot of teams are going to come after him.