PDA

View Full Version : Yao

lilpujols5
06-28-2008, 03:48 PM
in your opinions would the rockets trade Yao in the right deal? he has had season ending injuries the last 2 or 3 years and b/c of it the rockets havent gone far into the playoffs. as a sixers fan, i think it would be a great fit for them. if the rockets would move yao, what and how much would it take to get him??

DrDEADalready
06-28-2008, 03:51 PM
i dont know what i would trade for yao. but Rockets shouldnt make that deal. dispite the injurys. Yao is still Yao. Yao only falls in your laps once. i wouldnt get rid of him

DrDEADalready
06-28-2008, 03:53 PM
wait if i could get yao. i would trade from the jazz. Collins. Hart. Fes and the rights to the other 2 guys we drafted in round 2. to get him

rhino17
06-28-2008, 03:54 PM
yao is one of the most profitable athletes in the World, even if he barely played again, the Rockets are never giving that up. Just because of him, nearly every player on the Rockets team has a Chinese shoe deal.

and he is still the best centerin the nba, so no

yaowowrocket11
06-28-2008, 03:57 PM
^ See my username

Yao is the best center in the NBA. He had a couple bad luck injuries. Not his fault that he is just too large. It would take another all star center, a great PG, and a good SF to get him. Even with that, I probably wouldn't deal him.

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Yao is the best center in the game when healthy, anybody who trades him is out of there mind.

JordansBulls
06-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Yao nor T-mac will get traded this year IMO.

MiamiHeat
06-28-2008, 04:19 PM
The heat would love to get him :)

LakeShow
06-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd rather see Tracy McGrady go than Yao Ming, but that's just my opinion. Skilled centers are harder to come by than wing players.

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd rather see Tracy McGrady go than Yao Ming, but that's just my opinion. Skilled centers are harder to come by than wing players.
Yep, There have been more champions won with a team that run there offense through a center than by a wing.

If you had Jordan and Shaq on the same team, chances are they would run the offense through Shaq not Jordan.

rhino17
06-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Yep, There have been more champions won with a team that run there offense through a center than by a wing.

If you had Jordan and Shaq on the same team, chances are they would run the offense through Shaq not Jordan.

doubt it

_Sn1P3r_
06-28-2008, 05:36 PM
doubt it

Agreed. If Jordan's in your team, the offence should run through him.

NYMetros
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Right now, I think Yao is the best C in the game. But in a couple of years, I think Dwight Howard will have assumed that position. I doubt the Rockets will trade him. I think they want to have another run in the playoffs, this time hopefully with both McGrady and Yao 100% healthy.

DreamShaker
06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
If the Rockets trade one of thier stars....Mac will be the one to go....Yao is just far too valuable finiancially and as team-wise....the Rockets are barely a playoff team without Yao....they proved that in the playoffs when they lived and died by the jumper....

TMAC94
06-28-2008, 09:26 PM
the only player id consider trading him for is amare.

DreamShaker
06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
the only player id consider trading him for is amare.

Amare is worse on defense and 8-9 inches shorter....also doesnt play in the post.....ehhh

TmacYao2
06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Amare? Get real, he is a pure finisher, and he doesn't really have a post game where he can create for himself and He is a horrid defender.

SC1211
06-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Yao will and should retire a Rocket. Wouldn't mind seeing McGrady moved though.

DES
06-29-2008, 04:05 AM
Yao will and should retire a Rocket. Wouldn't mind seeing McGrady moved though.

yea tmac...has fallen off....

dre1990
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
if u trade someone make it t-mac.

king4day
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
in your opinions would the rockets trade Yao in the right deal? he has had season ending injuries the last 2 or 3 years and b/c of it the rockets havent gone far into the playoffs. as a sixers fan, i think it would be a great fit for them. if the rockets would move yao, what and how much would it take to get him??

It's a shame to think this could happen one day.
If that team was healthy, they'd be a wrecking machine in the playoffs. But now with him likely playing in the olympics, this may hinder his upcoming season.
I think after this season they'd consider it. Not yet though.

MGB
07-01-2008, 10:20 PM

MJ is the ONE guard who can win you a championship without an AS big. I don't care if you have Kareem, Shaq, and Wilt on the team, the Offense still goes through the GOAT.

edison_yia
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
there will nevr be anyone who is that good at that size...look at all the tall centers with the height that extends 7 '3 or above...none of them in history can even match yao's game at all..yao is a once in a lifetime player..and a guy who brings revenue from china and stuff...he is mr. marketable along with lebron..imagine lbj and yao together

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
yea tmac...has fallen off....

He has? 21.6 PPG, 5.1 RPG, and 6 APG all last season. Doesn't look too bad to me. IMO the Rockets should hold onto them both. They will make it past the 1st round if they both are healthy entering the playoffs.