PDA

View Full Version : Cassell interested in Nuggets

Sports Illustrator
06-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Free-agent point guard Sam Cassell, 38, has told the Rocky Mountain News he's interested in playing one more season and will consider the Nuggets. And there are rumblings that, with Chicago having drafted point guard Derrick Rose with the top pick, Bulls point guard Kirk Hinrich could be on the move, with Denver a possible landing spot.

From Rocky Mountain News (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/26/carter-najera-hope-to-remain-with-nuggets/)

DenButsu
06-28-2008, 05:36 AM
If he lands behind a desk in the office of the coaching staff, I'm all for it.

----------------

And I'll admit, it wasn't too long ago that I was saying it wouldn't be too bad if we could get him for the vets minimum... But that was before watching his "performance" (if you want to call it that) in the Finals.

Ouch.

avsman05
06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I wouldnt mind if he was here tutoring Sonny by any means but actually in our lineup thats a big no.

DJiC
06-28-2008, 10:52 PM
sonny being mentored by cassell? um not even close we should have KOBE mentor sonny....sonny isnt even a pg

avsman05
06-28-2008, 11:01 PM
hes going to be a sg in the pros though. You can be a different position to help someone out you just have to have experience at it. kobe is 29 he will play for a few more years in LA why would he come to Denver? Cassel is at least talking about coming here to be with Karl. + cassel is 600 he is going back to his home planet after next year.

C-Dub
06-29-2008, 12:25 AM
he does look a little alienish...

SUNDUNDIDIT
06-29-2008, 12:31 AM
sonny being mentored by cassell? um not even close we should have KOBE mentor sonny....sonny isnt even a pg

Cassel has great experience...I don't see nothin wrong with havin Cassels intensity on our team...I really don't...But I understand havin to pay him, when we can invest in a greater player, because it seems like dead weight.

DenButsu
06-29-2008, 12:59 AM
He's said he intends to be an assistant coach from the time he retires (either this summer or next) through the next 3-4 years, and to be a head coach in the NBA in 5 years. He's serious about this coaching business, and Karl seems to take that seriously, too. So yeah, in terms of helping to develop all of the young guards on the team - and even young players in other positions - I think he could be a real coaching asset.

But I'm sorry, with the exception of like one 8 minute stretch in one Finals game, everything he did out there was pure garbage. I think as a player, he's done. Or should be.

TheFuture6
06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
If we sign Cassell, then we will have actually downgraded from Anthony Carter...

DenButsu
06-29-2008, 08:01 PM
If we sign Cassell, then we will have actually downgraded from Anthony Carter...

Now that would be a real accomplishment. That would not be an easy thing to do.

Broncs4Life
07-01-2008, 09:11 AM

:laugh:

That is funny. Is that possible?
I don't think Cassell has much left, so from an on the court point of view, I say no to bringing him in. But...He wants to learn the coaching gig, fine, bring him in, put him on the bench next to AD and the other assistants and let him learn how to coach. No to Sam on the roster, yes to him on the coaching staff.

QuaLiThADoN
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
this guy is interested in everyteam